Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Rick Ain't Wrong

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
I bet by classical tunes he means brony fan music

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

Troposphere posted:

I bet by classical tunes he means brony fan music

The most funny thing is that he was probably wearing a fedora when he said it

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
These guys seem to think condescension makes the panties drop. It seems really common with these types.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Leon Einstein posted:

These guys seem to think condescension makes the panties drop. It seems really common with these types.

it's called negging bro

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Carmant posted:

Dude here's a tip.. NEVER ask a girl out on a date. They hate that poo poo dude. Anyway cya.

*sighs and slowly puts on fedora*

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Well they got this idealized fantasy of what a woman is and anything that pokes at the fantasy makes them a "slut"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Moridin920 posted:

but again though the dif is she isn't on FB going 'you broke my heaart!' way after the fact

I'm probably too quick to assume something a guy does means "No, not interested" too, because the older I get the more I realize that they often don't realize some of the things they're signaling.

There was once a reaaaally awkward guy I thought was all right, and he invited me to a lecture on historical food preservation, which I'm pretty sure he considered a date. I did have a pretty good time, so a few days later I invited him to go to a museum with me. He said no. So I was like, "welp, guess he wasn't too into it, that's fine." Found out later from a mutual friend that he didn't realize that was a positive follow-up, and that me giving him space after that was supposed to be me being a good sport about being turned down and trying to not make things weird. He regretted it terribly, apparently, but by that point it was too late for unrelated reasons

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

darkhand posted:

Rick Ain't Wrong

"your music sucks" isn't a good opener though

a friend and i were drinking and he had a good point of saying that the first couple dates you spend with someone is being the absolute best person you can be and slowly immersing them into the darkness that is your soul

you put some music on while you're driving that you think she might like that's tolerable to you and work your way from there

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Leon Einstein posted:

They think that's what confidence is I guess?

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

i really hate saying this but thanks mordin for contributing to the thread

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Business Gorillas posted:

*tips fedora*

Leon Einstein
Feb 6, 2012
I must win every thread in GBS. I don't care how much banal semantic quibbling and shitty posts it takes.
Anybody remember Ampleforth's dating threads?

I feel like they'd be ripe for the picking. That guy thought he was so smooth. I remember one of his moves would be to tell a girl he'd scruff them up with his beard and then he'd rub their inner thighs and say "here". Lol

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

"your music sucks" isn't a good opener though

a friend and i were drinking and he had a good point of saying that the first couple dates you spend with someone is being the absolute best person you can be and slowly immersing them into the darkness that is your soul

you put some music on while you're driving that you think she might like that's tolerable to you and work your way from there

the correct music to put on is ABBA and then you show that you know all the ABBA words

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
ways to make a woman horny:

- look her straight in the eyes and say "i will tolerate Owl City"

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

A few days ago, I was out with my husband and a guy complimented my 'my chemical romance' shirt and was like 'nice' and gave me a high five and that's a cool, decent compliment that wasn't gross or creepy, I like those a lot, thanks random dude who I'll never see again :)

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

Pick posted:

A bridge too far

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pick posted:

the correct music to put on is ABBA and then you show that you know all the ABBA words

i usually just let her choose the music we're listening to while i'm driving. the only music i really have an issue with is country pop poo poo and you can see those people coming from a mile away

"IM JUST A DOWN SOUTH COUNTRY GIRL"
*lives in downtown cleveland and has never been south of Columbus*

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

The Snoo posted:

A few days ago, I was out with my husband and a guy complimented my 'my chemical romance' shirt and was like 'nice' and gave me a high five and that's a cool, decent compliment that wasn't gross or creepy, I like those a lot, thanks random dude who I'll never see again :)

I thought you had to be 18 to get married

Varg
Jan 13, 2007

A friendly face.

in my experience, how much stupid music you can put up with directly correlates to how good the sex is

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

5. horny

:devil:

i usually just let her choose the music we're listening to while i'm driving. the only music i really have an issue with is country pop poo poo and you can see those people coming from a mile away

"IM JUST A DOWN SOUTH COUNTRY GIRL"
*lives in downtown cleveland and has never been south of Columbus*

on a side note I always thought I despised country but turns out I only hate pop country and there's def some good outlaw country songs floating around out there

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pick posted:

I'm probably too quick to assume something a guy does means "No, not interested" too, because the older I get the more I realize that they often don't realize some of the things they're signaling.

There was once a reaaaally awkward guy I thought was all right, and he invited me to a lecture on historical food preservation, which I'm pretty sure he considered a date. I did have a pretty good time, so a few days later I invited him to go to a museum with me. He said no. So I was like, "welp, guess he wasn't too into it, that's fine." Found out later from a mutual friend that he didn't realize that was a positive follow-up, and that me giving him space after that was supposed to be me being a good sport about being turned down and trying to not make things weird. He regretted it terribly, apparently, but by that point it was too late for unrelated reasons

sounds like a retarded guy mate, good thing you steered clear of that mess

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

Carmant posted:

I thought you had to be 18 to get married

I'm sure everyone stops liking all the music they listen to as soon as they turn 18 :)

Varg posted:

in my experience, how much stupid music you can put up with directly correlates to how good the sex is

:yeah:

which is worse, my infamous enjoyment of green day or my husband's folder of homestuck music?? you decide

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Zzulu posted:

sounds like a retarded guy mate, good thing you steered clear of that mess

I actually like awkward guys but they are hard to date

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

How big's the strap-on? I mean, drat bitch, you ain't gonna get huffy about dick size then try and come at me with a substandard dildo.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)

Pick posted:

I actually like awkward guys but they are hard to date

Why are you attracted to bad things

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

The Snoo posted:

:yeah:

which is worse, my infamous enjoyment of green day or my husband's folder of homestuck music?? you decide

i bought an evanescence cd when i was in high school and from time to time i will find myself remembering one of their songs and just shakin my fuckin head

otoh raffi is the bomb and gently caress you if you've never blasted octopus' garden while doing 90 on the freeway with your lovely friends

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu posted:

Why are you attracted to bad things

bc she's a dumb FEMALE that doesn't know any better !!!!! (oh god im so alone)

snoo
Jul 5, 2007

that guy has an obligation to shave that lovely beard imho

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

Pick posted:

I refuse

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
Beards only look good on

a) pretty people

b) super buff dudes

Sorry, rest of humanity

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

YOU WOULD NOT BELIEVE YOUR EYES
IF TEN MILLION FIREFLIES
LIT UP THE WORLD AS I FELL ASLEEP
'CAUSE THEY'D FILL THE OPEN AIR
AND LEAVE TEAR DROPS EVERYWHERE
YOU'D THINK ME RUDE
BUT I WOULD JUST STAND AND STARE
I'D LIKE TO MAKE MYSELF BELIEVE
THAT PLANET EARTH TURNS SLOWLY
IT'S HARD TO SAY THAT I'D RATHER STAY AWAKE WHEN I'M ASLEEP
'CAUSE EVERYTHING IS NEVER AS IT SEEMS
'CAUSE I'D GET A THOUSAND HUGS
FROM TEN THOUSAND LIGHTNING BUGS
AS THEY TRIED TO TEACH ME HOW TO DANCE
A FOXTROT ABOVE MY HEAD
A SOCK HOP BENEATH MY BED
THE DISCO BALL IS JUST HANGING BY A THREAD
(THREAD, THREAD...)
(WHEN I FALL ASLEEP)
LEAVE MY DOOR OPEN JUST A CRACK
(PLEASE TAKE ME AWAY FROM HERE)
'CAUSE I FEEL LIKE SUCH AN INSOMNIAC
WHY DO I TIRE OF COUNTING SHEEP?
WHEN I'M FAR TOO TIRED TO FALL ASLEEP
(HA-HA)
TO TEN MILLION FIREFLIES
I'M WEIRD 'CAUSE I HATE GOODBYES
I GOT MISTY EYES AS THEY SAID FAREWELL
(SAID FAREWELL)
BUT I'LL KNOW WHERE SEVERAL ARE
IF MY DREAMS GET REAL BIZARRE
'CAUSE I SAVED A FEW AND I KEEP THEM IN A JAR
(JAR, JAR, JAR...)
(WHEN I FALL ASLEEP)
BECAUSE MY DREAMS ARE BURSTING AT THE SEAMS

Mr Toes
Jan 2, 2008
Digitally Challenged

Moridin920 posted:

They think that's what confidence is I guess?

Jesus Christ. The best bit of these is the ridiculous, flowery language - well, that and the fact that they out themselves as total bellends.

What is it with these idiots and thinking that speaking like Concussed Shakespeare is going to get them anywhere? I know I've said it before, but the fact that violence never seems far below the surface is creepy as gently caress as well. If I had a girlfriend who viciously assaulted everyone who disrespected me I'd break up with her on account of her being an unhinged maniac, so why do they think it's so drat sexy?

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

What's owl city, sounds V bad.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

darkhand posted:

What's owl city, sounds V bad.

it's terrible

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

I enjoy listening to owl city :kiddo:

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

Troposphere posted:

it's terrible

That's a shame since most animal based bands are good, like crazy frog

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Mr Toes posted:

What is it with these idiots and thinking that speaking like Concussed Shakespeare is going to get them anywhere?

lmao

• Locked thread