Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
Post Office boxes are a godsend for people like that. A mail redirect can work even better if you think they'll get nasty over you not giving them a physical address.

I had issues with an ex who turned creepy and possessive, but I had to remain in contact because we were selling a block of land we co-owned. I wanted to do it all through lawyers, she demanded my address or she wouldn't continue with the sale.

So I gave a false address* to her then went to the post office and paid for a mail redirect from that false address to my real one. Privacy preserved and drama averted.

* The address was to a real house, but in a different state.

Megillah Gorilla fucked around with this message at 07:49 on Aug 13, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

spinst
Jul 14, 2012

Gorilla Salad posted:

Post Office boxes are a godsend for people like that. A mail redirect can work even better if you think they'll get nasty over you not giving them a physical address.

I had issues with an ex who turned creepy and possessive, but I had to remain in contact because we were selling a block of land we co-owned. I wanted to do it all through lawyers, she demanded my address or she wouldn't continue with the sale.

So I gave a false address* to her then went to the post office and asked for a mail redirect from that false address to my real one. Privacy preserved and drama averted.

* The address was to a real house, but in a different state.

I actually gave him my parents' address that time.

And to the surprise of no one, no annulment paperwork showed up. He just wanted to drive by my place to... who knows.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

spinst posted:

I actually gave him my parents' address that time.

And to the surprise of no one, no annulment paperwork showed up. He just wanted to drive by my place to... who knows.

pine for the fjords.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
I'm wearing a fedora.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Dongicus posted:

I'm wearing a fedora.

Are you an extra on Mad Men ?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Dongicus posted:

I'm wearing a fedora.

is it really? or is it

a trilby?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

SneakyFrog posted:

is it really? or is it

a trilby?

I'm wearing a fedora and a trilby. :smuggo:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

King of Bees posted:

I'm wearing a fedora and a trilby. :smuggo:

one on each head amirite?

King of Bees
Dec 28, 2012
Gravy Boat 2k

SneakyFrog posted:

one on each head amirite?

Yep. My weiner's nickname is thrillby :smuggo:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

King of Bees posted:

Yep. My weiner's nickname is thrillby :smuggo:

quality weenname right there.. Might need something better myself after contemplating that.

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
XD

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

SneakyFrog posted:

quality weenname right there.. Might need something better myself after contemplating that.

mine is the line of scrimmage

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rrnY11pXSFE

Professor Shark
May 22, 2012

Troposphere posted:

my roommate took a performance art class because she knew it would be easy and it filled her with such rage her final project was her opening a bag of Doritos, placing each chip one by one on the floor, stepping on each one, and then going and sitting down in the audience and clapping for herself

she got an A

This is awesome

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

hakuna ma'vodka

Mr. Belding
May 19, 2006
^
|
<- IS LAME-O PHOBE ->
|
V

CubanMissile posted:

Don't have dinner on first dates. It's too formal for anyone to be really comfortable. Do something fun instead. But holy poo poo goons if you do have dinner then pay for it you tightwad.

Stop enforcing gender roles, you loving cave man.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Mr. Belding posted:

Stop enforcing gender roles, you loving cave man.

But my headmate says I have to. :ohdear:

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

re: performance art

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I9lmvX00TLY

kalel fucked around with this message at 18:03 on Aug 13, 2016

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

spinst posted:

(Maybe not so much Dr. Pepper now since I cut soda out but apple juice!)"

just a quick lol here (dat poo poo is just as sugary)

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

somehow I knew it was gonna be that one

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Jesus...:( Michelangelo made the Pieta when he was 22.Let that sink in. I don't care about your drat feeling show me some skill cultivated over years of hard practice !

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

ElGroucho posted:

You are exactly the kind of goon that would believe a gun would make you as desirable in a woman's eyes as a nice physique.

the gently caress does this mean all I'm saying is that it's weird to pretend like in 2016 you need to be some burly knight to be able to "protect" someone, and also it's weird to think that everyone needs protecting anyway

have a nice bod has nothing to do with that

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Decebal posted:

Jesus...:( Michelangelo made the Pieta when he was 22.Let that sink in. I don't care about your drat feeling show me some skill cultivated over years of hard practice !

Yea, I mean...that's just piss-poor can opening skills, even if it is spaghetti-o's.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.
Where does a gigantic sombrero fall on the fedora scale?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Is it worn by a sexy lady on a tropical beach?

Bobbie Wickham
Apr 13, 2008

by Smythe

ElGroucho posted:

You are exactly the kind of goon that would believe a gun would make you as desirable in a woman's eyes as a nice physique.

I think he's talking about getting a gun for self-protection, not to attract a chick.

Edit: drat, beaten.

Anyway, I've been lucky and managed to avoid Nice Guy situations, but that's partly because I don't date a lot anyway, and partly because I was able to recognize the signs of m'ladyism. One of them was a severe case--he argued that I was "robbing [him] of the chance to be chivalrous" when I insisted on buying my own beer at a bar. Any guy who insists on paying for every single one of your drinks for an entire night is doing it because he expects it to pay out, like a slot machine.

Bobbie Wickham fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Aug 13, 2016

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Bobbie Wickham posted:

Anyway, I've been lucky and managed to avoid Nice Guy situations, but that's partly because I don't date a lot anyway, and partly because I was able to recognize the signs of m'ladyism. One of them was a severe case--he argued that I was "robbing [him] of the chance to be chivalrous" when I insisted on buying my own beer at a bar. Any guy who insists on paying for every single one of your drinks for an entire night is doing it because he expects it to pay out, like a slot machine.

Wouldn't surprise me if these are the exact same guys who later bitch about how they fell in love with a high-maintenance girl, if they get their 'payout' that is.

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 00:06 on Aug 14, 2016

kalel
Jun 19, 2012

Azuth0667 posted:

Where does a gigantic sombrero fall on the fedora scale?

the man with no name was a proto nice guy. so not too far off

Dongicus
Jun 12, 2015
Probation
Can't post for 2 hours!
guns are the fedora of protecting loved ones

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
So the big names of CrossFit seem to ONLY post photos on their instagram accounts of themselves and their buddies where they are all superbly in shape (and generally in as little clothing as possible)... so today I kinda snapped and said something about it on one of Jackie Perez's posts.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

SciFiDownBeat posted:

the man with no name was a proto nice guy. so not too far off

What if the sombrero is made of nachos?

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

I understood none of this, yet hate everyone involved.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Ratjaculation posted:

I understood none of this, yet hate everyone involved.

Terrible nerd accuses CrossFit chick of fatshaming by omission, at least as far as I could tell. Hating everyone involved is definitely a good reaction.

Captain Yossarian
Feb 24, 2011

All new" Rings of Fire"

As a fit person, why don't you post a bunch of pictures of fat ugglies?!?!?

CheesyDog
Jul 4, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Freemason, geek, nutter, Whovian, 8-bit Atari enthusiast, SciFi fan.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

found this knee slapper in the paper this morning

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Terrible nerd accuses CrossFit chick of fatshaming by omission, at least as far as I could tell. Hating everyone involved is definitely a good reaction.

i went to his homepage and he has built a mars habitation block out of lego lmbo

plus it looks like absolute poo poo

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe

Dongicus posted:

guns are the fedora of protecting loved ones

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
It's funny how pervasive fedoras are. Like removing that one thing would make you more attractive in a matter of seconds, but they keep wearing it.

Imagine being able to get buff in literally seconds with no pain. It's a clear win. Yet those same fedoras wearers claim to be the pinnacle of logic and wisdom.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Ratjaculation posted:

Is it worn by a sexy lady on a tropical beach?

No :ese:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rags to Liches
Mar 11, 2008

future skeleton soldier

darkhand posted:

It's funny how pervasive fedoras are. Like removing that one thing would make you more attractive in a matter of seconds, but they keep wearing it.

Imagine being able to get buff in literally seconds with no pain. It's a clear win. Yet those same fedoras wearers claim to be the pinnacle of logic and wisdom.

They keep wearing it with anime shirts. At least wear a goddamn suit if you're gonna wear a stupid hat.

• Locked thread