Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

vyst posted:

This fuckman probably has a huge Oracle DB to catalog everything

That's horrible.

Oracle. Ugh.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

vyst posted:

This fuckman probably has a huge Oracle DB to catalog everything

By now I don't even have to do anything, I just introduce a username and the doxx write themselves.

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Google Butt posted:

idk it's a pretty fail own, but it is good that someone gave lowtax $10 to keep the lights on, it's all good.

:argh: I hate Lazrin so much I'm going to give his avatar to Google Butt! :argh:

Sounds reasonable enough.

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

http://forums.somethingawful.com/adlist.php

Very good.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Jobbo_Fett posted:

:argh: I hate Lazrin so much I'm going to give his avatar to Google Butt! :argh:

Sounds reasonable enough.

With this shitshow everything sounds reasonable.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

AP posted:

https://www.twitch.tv/raymundo55/v/83279317

To be clear what this is, the Customer Support Manager @ Foundry 42 UK was streaming No Mans Sky.

He's also got a donate button.

https://twitter.com/RayRoocroftCIG/status/764237874963283968

Well I guess Ray is working on an escape route as well, in his own way

Doing the best he can, bless the little poo poo

Happy Sisyphus
Nov 13, 2013

You take the blue paarp - the story ends, you wake up in your bed and believe whatever you want to believe. You take the red paarp - you stay in pre-alpha, and I show you how deep the sperg wallet goes.

what do we do in this thread anymore?

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

whoever bought the warlord ad is a glorious motherfucker

good job, commando o9

Nuclearmonkee
Jun 10, 2009

Happy Sisyphus posted:

what do we do in this thread anymore?

Same thing we always do, point and laugh while marveling at a beautiful dumpster fire.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Hi everyone, Im very new here (only just heard of this game) can someone tell me how this game works.. Is it even out? or in beta. I see people streaming it on twitch but theres no official release date for it. If it is infact in beta how do i get started

Tijuana Bibliophile fucked around with this message at 19:19 on Aug 14, 2016

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Hi everyone, Im very new here (only just heard of this game) can someone tell me how this game works.. Is it even out? or in beta. I see people streaming it on twitch but theres no official release date for it. If it is infact in beta how do i get started
Troll, downvoted.

SurfaceDetail
Feb 17, 2016

by Cowcaster

How much cash can you get a hold of in 24hours? Thats step one.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

The next update (which should come out really soon, likely this week) will add two more flyable ships, the Reliant and the Argo, as well as a other station, GrimHex.

This is a list of Stretch Goals. Everything on this list is going to be in game.

Following updates 2.6 and 2.7 are going to be huge. 2.6 adds Star Marine, an FPS game like Arena Commander plus several advancements to the first person aspect in general. 2.7 is extremely massive, and we are still unsure on everything it will entail. Procedural planets is planned for 2.7, and that is a pretty big deal.

Is it worth it? Depends. Are you a patient person? If you don't mind waiting, because game development takes time, and you want to get your foot in at the ground floor, then yeah it's absolutely worth it.
Personally, I backed a year or so ago. I know it's nothing compared to the early backers, but still a year is a fairly long chunk of time. I was there when 2.0 first went live, and that was an incredible experience. Backing early allows you to watch the game grow. Some people get frustrated by waiting though.

The current version, 2.4 live, is definitely worth playing. Both the Universe (which is probably what you seen on the streams) and Arena Commander (the dog fighting module) are incredibly enjoyable. Sure, they have bugs here and there but always keep in mind that the game is in alpha. Bugs are expected. If you can get past them, then the game is going to blow your mind. Every update never ceases to amaze me.
Lastly, be sure to check out Around The Verse. It's posted to their YouTube channel every Thursday. Great way to get news on development progress and future updates.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
To imagine my first post on a Star citizen post to be about the wage gap..

There is no gender wage gap. Women are only worse at "selling" their services to the employer. They are generally worse at coming to the best possible terms with the employer when they are in fact the best person for the job.

A freshly educated Engineer, both genders, have the same base salary in different companies, wether they are male, female or identify sexually as a glass cola bottle. However women DO have more sickdays , or atleast here they do. They also have that nasty issue of childbirth. But companies would NEVER hire women if they had to pay full salary for a person that will up and leave for several months. While the huge companies would be able to afford it, what about those ones that just barely make ends meet? Or a relatively successful family buisiness that has to cope with paying full salary to a woman on pregnancy leave and a stand-in.

It is a myth. It's non existant. There are other factors at play when it comes to the "wage gap". If you try to deal with it by increasing a womans pay, you'd actually see that they would earn more for less work. Men are better at selling themselves, getting the best benefits for their services. Women can do this too, if they just had the balls to do it. And many of them actually do.
HOWEVER, I do know that women make less because of childbirth. But that is not an actual wage gap. That is simply equivalent to a sick leave. The Government covers that up partly, or should do so atleast.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Spatial
Nov 15, 2007

"there's no wage gap because there is a wage gap but i don't give a gently caress about it"

Palisader
Mar 14, 2012

DESPAIR MORTALS, FOR I WISH TO PLAY PATTY-CAKE

Google Butt posted:

idk it's a pretty fail own, but it is good that someone gave lowtax $10 to keep the lights on, it's all good.

Nooooo GB had the best avatar! Whoever did that is a bad person.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Spatial posted:

"there's no wage gap because there is a wage gap but i don't give a gently caress about it"

well you see the wage gap is actually explained by women being shorter and having smaller brains, if we adjust for that there isn't a wage gap at all :smuggo:

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Haha, women.

Right guys? Alright, that's enough :reddit: for the next few pages.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

The next update (which should come out really soon, likely this week) will add two more flyable ships, the Reliant and the Argo, as well as a other station, GrimHex.

This is a list of Stretch Goals. Everything on this list is going to be in game.

Following updates 2.6 and 2.7 are going to be huge. 2.6 adds Star Marine, an FPS game like Arena Commander plus several advancements to the first person aspect in general. 2.7 is extremely massive, and we are still unsure on everything it will entail. Procedural planets is planned for 2.7, and that is a pretty big deal.

Is it worth it? Depends. Are you a patient person? If you don't mind waiting, because game development takes time, and you want to get your foot in at the ground floor, then yeah it's absolutely worth it.
Personally, I backed a year or so ago. I know it's nothing compared to the early backers, but still a year is a fairly long chunk of time. I was there when 2.0 first went live, and that was an incredible experience. Backing early allows you to watch the game grow. Some people get frustrated by waiting though.

The current version, 2.4 live, is definitely worth playing. Both the Universe (which is probably what you seen on the streams) and Arena Commander (the dog fighting module) are incredibly enjoyable. Sure, they have bugs here and there but always keep in mind that the game is in alpha. Bugs are expected. If you can get past them, then the game is going to blow your mind. Every update never ceases to amaze me.
Lastly, be sure to check out Around The Verse. It's posted to their YouTube channel every Thursday. Great way to get news on development progress and future updates.

I can't wait for all the magic that will somehow be in 2.6 and 2.7.

Everyone just forget what we thought was going to be in 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5

Seventh or Eighth times the charm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

TTerrible
Jul 15, 2005

YES.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I can't wait for all the magic that will somehow be in 2.6 and 2.7.

Everyone just forget what we thought was going to be in 2.0, 2.1, 2.2, 2.3, 2.4, 2.5

Seventh or Eighth times the charm

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eKgPY1adc0A

Pff. It's all about 3.0 now. Because that's obviously a version number you'd put on a pre-alpha.

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
Is the fat man out of the hospital yet?

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yes. But he's planning to go right back in.

Ezekeel
Nov 18, 2015

Less than a month till 9/11. :toot:

Thoatse
Feb 29, 2016

Lol said the scorpion, lmao

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yes but he's trying to get back asap... a few more Cheesecake Factory deliveries and Oreo Cookie Pankake Chocolate stuffed tacos ought to do the trick, wish him luck!

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Microwaves Mom posted:

Yes, but remember when you enter the hospital your character controls the hospital.

HoneyBakedMAN
Oct 26, 2007
Sliced for babewiches

Iglocska posted:

NMS runs fine for me. The FPS was utterly terrible until I noticed that the default setting is set to 30 FPS in the menus. Just change it and restart the game and it's fine.

The only issue I have so far is the serious lack of inventory space...

30 fps... yuck! Good thing we've got Star Citizen that caters to pc gamers who are more demanding of performance.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016
I think the

"Okay 2.6 and 2.7 are just as disappointing and are missing the 100+ features backers expected just like the past six or seven releases.....but 3.0 will make all of your dreams come true"

Admission by CIG will be the sign of the endgame. They will give no release date to 3.0 and just expect the backers to wait an indefinite amount of time for all the poo poo they were expecting in 2014, 2015 or 2016

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

Only maybe Rockstar can develop games like CIG.

spacetoaster
Feb 10, 2014

So when the end times come will we see a resurrection of banned SC posters?

“And come I shall, no matter what the laws of ban and permaban forbid. At the end I shall be there. For the final battle. For the Wolftime.” - Seraph84

Big K of Justice
Nov 27, 2005

Anyone seen my ball joints?

XK posted:

How the hell do you mocap someone carrying a gun without giving them anything to carry? Let's start miming climbing ladders next.

This makes no sense to me, it seems most of the scenes they have are 2-3 people in them. It would have been cheaper and faster for them to hire a bunch of highly skilled animators at 120-140k a year in LA and have them knock out dialog and action scenes.

I worked in feature animation and the only time performance capture make sense $ wise was with large crowd scenes and dance routines and even then it's expensive animation reference, you still need animators to go through and clean the data.

And unless they're doing "film" quality facial rigging I can't really see the facial capture stuff being that much help aside from expensive video reference.

This whole project is really perplexing... except you have a director/producer who answers to no one and will keep the insanity going until the cash runs out.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

Big K of Justice posted:

This makes no sense to me, it seems most of the scenes they have are 2-3 people in them. It would have been cheaper and faster for them to hire a bunch of highly skilled animators at 120-140k a year in LA and have them knock out dialog and action scenes.

I worked in feature animation and the only time performance capture make sense $ wise was with large crowd scenes and dance routines and even then it's expensive animation reference, you still need animators to go through and clean the data.

And unless they're doing "film" quality facial rigging I can't really see the facial capture stuff being that much help aside from expensive video reference.

This whole project is really perplexing... except you have a director/producer who answers to no one and will keep the insanity going until the cash runs out.

So what you are saying is 2-3 trips to the imaginarium, 4 custom motion capture studios, 17=18 hours of motion capture footage with every single aspect of the game down to climbing ladders, getting out of bed or filing paperwork being laboriously motion captured was maybe not an efficient use of funds?

The_Groove
Mar 15, 2003

Supersonic compressible convection in the sun
"ok now stomp forwards a bit like you were animated in the 90's" -crobberts directing

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I think you guys get way too bent out of shape about motion capture, after all it was just a bunch of cameras that they found laying around in some of the employees garage

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

"OK now... we need to calibrate the mocap rig. So, let's see some Jazz Hands. Good. Now pretend you're tickling someone. Very nice."

-Chris Roberts, Director

EDIT for verbatim translation: "erm... Uh... OK now... we ned to carbrate the moocap reg... so... erm... lessee som jiz hends... goood. Nuw... uh... pruh-tend yew're TICKLING San... somewun. Uh. Very... uhhhhh... Niiiiice."

-Chris Roberts, Mushmouthed Pervert

D1E fucked around with this message at 20:30 on Aug 14, 2016

his nibs
Feb 27, 2016

:kayak:Welcome to the:kayak:
Dream Factory
:kayak:
Grimey Drawer
Space court is coming guys

Ramc
May 4, 2008

Bringing your thread to a screeching halt, guaranteed.

Decrepus posted:

Imagine making a dumb fake videogame your hobby/life and getting mad irl that gay nerds on the internet are making fun of it just lol

Dominions 4 is a terrible game for babies.

sorla78
Oct 11, 2012

EAT THE PAIN AWAY!
Ms. Roberts Robertsspaceindustries twittering the usual pictures
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/764889244456275968

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Crazy_BlackParrot
Feb 1, 2016

Christ Roberts is way better than toilet lord...
:gary: :lesnick: :yarg:
:pgabz: :fuzzknot: :eonwe:
:wtchris:

sorla78 posted:

Ms. Roberts Robertsspaceindustries twittering the usual pictures
https://twitter.com/RobertsSpaceInd/status/764889244456275968

That looks really small lmao.

• Locked thread