Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Troutful posted:

ugly women exist though

Men aren't afraid of them though

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Troutful
May 31, 2011

Benny Harvey posted:

Sounds to me like problem solved then

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.

Benny Harvey posted:

I am, a little.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Yeah it would be problem solved if men were interested in then

Tbh, there is also the fear of accidentally going for somebody out of your league.

Turtle Sandbox
Dec 31, 2007

by Fluffdaddy
Nice guys are just really insecure and probably would never go for someone other people may judge negatively.

Or they are so awkward even ugly girls are repelled by them.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Turtle Sandbox posted:

Nice guys are just really insecure and probably would never go for someone other people may judge negatively.

Or they are so awkward even ugly girls are repelled by them.

Both

I said come in!
Jun 22, 2004

Moridin920 posted:

I've love to tell you but I've never really got it either. Rejection sucks but I'd much rather just peel the bandaid and know yes/no rather than wonder.

The worst someone will do is say no in a mean way and after posting in GBS there's basically nothing a stranger in real life can say to me that would actually make me sad/upset. And if they say no you're in the same position but now you're not pining after her wondering.

The only thing that makes me have a sad brain is when someone goes silent. Just be a functional adult and say you're not interested in them, it's not that hard.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Benny Harvey posted:

Yeah it would be problem solved if men were interested in then

Tbh, there is also the fear of accidentally going for somebody out of your league.

There are no leagues

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Pick posted:

There are no leagues

No, but people act like there are

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Leagues are an illusion. They are shadows on the wall. And a small man can cast a very long shadow.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Benny Harvey posted:

No, but people act like there are

I like that picture of the kid trying to give the celebrity lady a rose. People laugh at that pic but he went for it, most guys just sit around masturbating to her instead and act like that's somehow more dignified

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
M'lady...

Only registered members can see post attachments!

subhuman filth
Nov 1, 2006

Pick posted:

I like that picture of the kid trying to give the celebrity lady a rose. People laugh at that pic but he went for it, most guys just sit around masturbating to her instead and act like that's somehow more dignified

it is much, much more dignified

P-Mack
Nov 10, 2007

I beat off to celebrity ladies and I don't care who knows it.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Celebrity ladies are p overrated if you ask me.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

subhuman filth posted:

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

There are no leagues

which you figure, how

subhuman filth posted:

Carmant
Nov 23, 2015

Treadmill? What's that? Is that some kind of cake?

There are definitely leagues

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
I'm in the League.

Of Legends.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mr. 47 posted:

M'lady...

Like the guy behind celebrity is all :confused: but you know he'd never even try, like he's confused at courage in the face of overwhelming odds..... Real courage !

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

Like the guy behind celebrity is all :confused: but you know he'd never even try, like he's confused at courage in the face of overwhelming odds..... Real courage !

I'm pretty sure he's just confused but relieved and glad the pudgy boy was holding out a rose this time instead of a knife or gun, which is usually the next escalation for insane celebrity stalkers

edit: because, judging from his suit and build, he is probably one of her bodyguard

ANIME IS BLOOD fucked around with this message at 18:07 on Aug 16, 2016

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pick posted:

That's the type of dumb thinking that got Charles VI's men slaughtered at Agincourt.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
To me his expression looks like gangstershooting.jpg of Al Capone or whoever.

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Chomp8645 posted:

To me his expression looks like gangstershooting.jpg of Al Capone Lee Harvey Oswald or whoever.

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

Mr. 47 posted:

M'lady...

I literally know this kid IRL, he was doing this to loads of celebrities male and female.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

Stalingrad posted:

I literally know this kid IRL, he was doing this to loads of celebrities male and female.

What a courageous young man.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Stalingrad posted:

Well? Did he eventually score or not?

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Stalingrad posted:

lol

Stalingrad
Feb 5, 2011

Mak0rz posted:

Well? Did he eventually score or not?

He just wanted a photo, kid was 11 when he pulled that stunt.

Pitdragon
Jan 20, 2004
Just another lurker

Carmant posted:

There are definitely leagues

you only say that because you are in the "mutant" league hahahahah owned

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Moridin920 posted:

The worst someone will do is say no in a mean way and after posting in GBS there's basically nothing a stranger in real life can say to me that would actually make me sad/upset.

GBS is pretty awesome for that. The first time some goon said something rude to me I was really taken aback, but I kept making bad posts and getting insulted for them and now it doesn't bother me at all. :justpost: Plus I played some online games with goons, where you get strangers throwing every insult in the book at you just for having a goon tag.

After a few years of goonism someone in real life insulted me and I involuntarily burst out laughing, because it was such a weak burn. It felt great! GBS didn't cure my sadbrains social anxiety, but now if things do turn awkward IRL it doesn't bother me nearly as much as it used to.

Thinking about it now, this may be the best 10 bux I ever spent. I love you guys!

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost
I'll be honest. Celebrities put me off. Give me a nice 6/10 with nice eyes and a laugh and we're good to go.
And I respect that kid for going for it.

I wouldn't say there aren't leagues. There are probably more like ranges; however far you can drive the ball. Some guys can't drive the ball very far and other's can. The problem is, everybody wants to have a stroke like Tiger Woods, but no one wants to practice. Gotta head to the driving range and hit a few before you realize how good or bad your game is.

Believe me, I've been shut down pretty hard. But, I learned from it. You get a feel for what kind of courses you're on and how far or close to hit the ball. And then there are days where you're on fire and you win the Masters. Those are the days I look forward to.

tangy yet delightful
Sep 13, 2005

Stalingrad posted:

How is this the only picture of such attempts if what you say is true? :crossarms:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Decebal posted:

That's the type of dumb thinking that got Charles VI's men slaughtered at Agincourt.

Yeah but you remember them, unlike the guys who stayed home masturbating.

Decebal
Jan 6, 2010

Pick posted:

Yeah but you remember them, unlike the guys who stayed home masturbating.

Actually you needed to be hugely strong in your right arm to pull a longbow so those chaps had an advantage. "Pulling the old yew" we called it back then

ANIME IS BLOOD
Sep 4, 2008

by zen death robot

Decebal posted:

Actually you needed to be hugely strong in your right arm to pull a longbow so those chaps had an advantage. "Pulling the old yew" we called it back then

lol

superjew
Sep 5, 2007

No fair! You changed the outcome by measuring it!
I need help, is Mr. Brightside the nice guy anthem or am I misinterpreting it?

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Stalingrad posted:

That's baller

Also did he get some d from Kevin spacey or maybe????

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?

superjew posted:

I need help, is Mr. Brightside the nice guy anthem or am I misinterpreting it?

I mean it's about a prostitute so idk maybe

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Facebook Aunt posted:

Thinking about it now, this may be the best 10 bux I ever spent. I love you guys!

Your posts are nauseating to read and I uncontrollably cringe whenever I see your av.

Love you long time, Facebook Aunt! :wink:

• Locked thread