Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

YeahTubaMike posted:

tater tots are disgusting, maybe that's why i'm single

lil grease turds

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

No guy I've dated or had as a prospect has ever cooked anything for me, but I like to cook and an good at it so it's fine :shrug:

It's kinda funny how you've only dated trash tier men and now think all men are like that.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
I think you outgrow it, you either sharpen up your standards or just let em go, and the latter is almost always a loving dumbass option

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

WampaLord posted:

It's kinda funny how you've only dated trash tier men and now think all men are like that.

I try to have realistic standards and acknowledge nobody is perfect, I give people a chance. I especially try not to expect the men I've dated to be like the women I've dated, and yeah it's been pretty night and day.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

I try to have realistic standards and acknowledge nobody is perfect, I give people a chance.

realistic standards have given you microwaving men at best. Might be time for a moonshot there dork.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth

WampaLord posted:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

SneakyFrog posted:

maybe *gasp* I do a bit of cooking as well? Jeez way to assume the lady is always supposed to do the cooking lady.

Sides i got a super high metabolism so yes most people eating like me would blow up into the brillantly named lard buoy

I used to live with a guy who ate nothing but cereal, chicken nuggets with ketchup, and Caesar salads. Once we were at a dinner party hosted at another roommate's parents' house with a goddamn buffet of pastas, roasts, delicious roti bread and like three different pies for dessert.

He didn't eat a bite of it and asked the host to make him hotdogs. He was like 26 at the time.

Eat whatever you want but please don't ever do that. It's embarrassing for literally everyone involved.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Mak0rz posted:

I used to live with a guy who ate nothing but cereal, chicken nuggets with ketchup, and Caesar salads. Once we were at a dinner party hosted at another roommate's parents' house with a goddamn buffet of pastas, roasts, delicious roti bread and like three different pies for dessert.

He didn't eat a bite of it and asked the host to make him hotdogs. He was like 26 at the time.

Eat whatever you want but please don't ever do that. It's embarrassing for literally everyone involved.

well yeah, thats out in like the world and stuff. thats amazingly rude and manchild like.

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
my ex roommate literally only ate frozen Buffalo Wild Wings

one time my parents took her out to a fancy restaurant to be nice and she complained the entire time to my
parents and the waitress it was super embarrassing

picky eaters are the worst

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

SneakyFrog posted:

realistic standards have given you microwaving men at best. Might be time for a moonshot there dork.

I don't get to complain about nice guys having super insane standards if I maintain super insane standards, and clearly they are kind of high because most of the guys I've mentioned here only got like 3-4 dates max or w/e

Like, being the one who cooks is not really a problem on its own, only in a context where he expects all domestic chores are what the woman does once he's got one.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

WampaLord posted:

I quote this as a trash man

Troposphere
Jul 11, 2005

psycho killer
qu'est-ce que c'est?
she also only drank milk and once she had diarrhea in our shower

like hmmm wonder why you're having stomach issues idiot

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

I don't get to complain about nice guys having super insane standards if I maintain super insane standards, and clearly they are kind of high because most of the guys I've mentioned here only got like 3-4 dates max or w/e

"can utilize a stove" is my favorite super insane standard right up there with "doesnt stab me" and "wont kill and eat children"

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Troposphere posted:

They really are.

Another story about that guy: He once dated someone who invited him to her house and surprised him with a (supposedly) nice heartfelt meal and he absolutely refused to eat it. They got into a pretty big argument about it, apparently. That's how she learned he eats like an eight year old. Then he later broke up with her because she disagreed with him about how media influences behavior or some such bullshit.

Dude was weird.

Mak0rz fucked around with this message at 18:00 on Aug 19, 2016

treiz01
Jan 2, 2008

There is little that makes me happier than taking drugs. Perhaps administering them, designing and carrying out experiments that bend the plane of what we consider reality.

Mak0rz posted:

They really are.

This includes vegetarians, who are just extremely picky eaters who make things harder for themselves on purpose.

generative grammer
Jul 28, 2010

by FactsAreUseless

Troposphere posted:

Some Lowcarb Goon posted:

All of this is great so far and I'm extremely pleased with my progress having cut out the unhealthy parts of my diet, but the bit that I'm getting stuck on is drinks. I will normally finish a soda with every meal and sometimes start the day with a tall glass of orange juice but obviously that's right out now. I'm really struggling to come up with beverages I can have that aren't water. I just can't bring myself to finish a glass without holding my nose and gagging on the last few mouthfuls. Do people seriously have litres of this stuff every day? I guess I can see now why bottled water is so expensive, it's just overpriced branded hipster bullshit for idiots who want to look 'oh-so-healthy' by avoiding the dreaded coca-cola (oh noes ) while not actually making the effort to substantially change their diets.

Curdy Lemonstan
Jan 25, 2012

by zen death robot

Pick posted:

No guy I've dated or had as a prospect has ever cooked anything for me, but I like to cook and an good at it so it's fine :shrug:

What the gently caress you sure know how to pick them. Im starting to think your specific sample of the human population is not statistically relevant.

Redmanred
Aug 29, 2005

My hometown japan
:japan:
I've always done the cooking in most of my relationships. Just always liked to cooked.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

They really are.

Another story about that guy: He once dated someone who invited him to her house and surprised him with a (supposedly) nice heartfelt meal and he absolutely refused to eat it. They got into a pretty big argument about it, apparently. That's how she learned he eats like an eight year old. Then he later broke up with her because she disagreed with him about how media influences behavior or some such bullshit.

Dude was weird.

Worst picky eater I've ever known was a roommate of a friend, and she would only eat Wonderbread, white rice (unseasoned), and plain noodles with butter and sugar. I assume she took some vitamins because her teeth weren't falling out from scurvey.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Curdy Lemonstan posted:

What the gently caress you sure know how to pick them. Im starting to think your specific sample of the human population is not statistically relevant.

They've almost all been in academia, if it helps.

house of the dad
Jul 4, 2005

generative grammer posted:

Weird lowcarb water goon

I dated a girl who absolutely would not drink water and couldn't understand why she had severe kidney problems all the time. She also believed in the whole vaccines causing autism thing so I pulled that ripcord pretty hard.

Cthulu Carl
Apr 16, 2006

If water makes you gag, then maybe... Crap, that's right, suicide requests are verboten.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

Worst picky eater I've ever known was a roommate of a friend, and she would only eat Wonderbread, white rice (unseasoned), and plain noodles with butter and sugar. I assume she took some vitamins because her teeth weren't falling out from scurvey.

Yet another guy that lived in the same house as us would eat only instant oatmeal for breakfast and instant ramen for subsequent meals. He wouldn't even put in the effort to do it on the stovetop, it was all kettle-made for this guy!

After living with for fall and going home for winter break, he came back and started adding chickpeas to his ramen. I'm glad I never had to share a bathroom with him. I instead shared it with aforementioned manchild who, when I went to sign the lease, said almost with pride that he never cleans the bathroom because the idea turns his stomach.

Squashing Machine
Jul 5, 2005

I mean boning, the wild mambo, the hunka chunka
If water makes you gag then you probably have rabies and therefore very little time left, sorry

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

WampaLord posted:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

:harambe:

Pick posted:

I'm phone posting but that dude is right. It looks like you got a pretty big chip on your shoulder and maybe you should stop dating fuckboys

Business Gorillas fucked around with this message at 18:15 on Aug 19, 2016

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost
y'all should try dating straight men or listening to what your straight lady friends put up with, it would surprise you.

Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

Pick posted:

They've almost all been in academia, if it helps.

Yeah, high school! :grin:

haha, ah, what a zing

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Business Gorillas posted:

I'm phone posting but that dude is right. It looks like you got a pretty big chip on your shoulder and maybe you should stop saying fuckboys

How is saying it's not a big deal if the guys don't cook having a chip? And even that was in response to I think the pretty fair point that it sucks to have to cook two versions of a meal because the other person is eating in a way you can't.

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Pick posted:

y'all should try dating straight men or listening to what your straight lady friends put up with, it would surprise you.

Most of my lady friends are in happy, fulfilling relationships :shrug:

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Pick posted:

I'd date me :shrug: but then I'm pretty :krad: and stuff and if i dated myself i guess i wouldnt be straight anymore so thats right out because then I would be gay with my clone which while kind of an interesting mental exercise i mean really we would just argue all the time and fight about who the OG is and stuff

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Pick posted:

Pick, we have friends who date said straight men. And it gets bad, but never that bad. Mainly, because said friends know how to pick 'em better than you seem to. To be sure they occasionally get a friend who makes the awkward love confession or such, but...come the gently caress on...

I mean this unironically, you should watch Planeta Singli (Planet Single) - a 2 hour or so Polish romcom made by a director from my country. Like...every post you make ITT just makes me imagine you as the lead in that movie, and it fits disturbingly well lol.

Bamabalacha
Sep 18, 2006

Outta my way, ya dumb rah-rah!

Pick posted:

I'm a lady in her late-20s who's dated a whole bunch of dudes in my life and your stories make it seem like you've been dating a different species from me and my friends.

Meme Poker Party
Sep 1, 2006

by Azathoth
Pick chose that username because it's what she wished she was able to do.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Chomp8645 posted:

Pick chose that username because it's what she wished she was able to do.

:vince:

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

Here's a pretty wild tip re: picky eaters

If that's a big deal for you you should suggest ethnic places for first dates and see how they function.

If your man/lady date freak out maybe you :siren:STOP SEEING THEM:siren:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

CrazyLoon posted:

Pick, we have friends who date said straight men. And it gets bad, but never that bad. Mainly, because said friends know how to pick 'em better than you seem to. To be sure they occasionally get a friend who makes the awkward love confession or such, but...come the gently caress on...

I mean this unironically, you should watch Planeta Singli (Planet Single) - a 2 hour or so Polish romcom made by a director from my country. Like...every post you make ITT just makes me imagine you as the lead in that movie, and it fits disturbingly well lol.

Dude the main thing is I'm a bit of a nut who is moving all the drat time and doesn't even have a projected end date to having to move all the time, my prospects ain't so hot really. And I'm largely surrounded by academics and programmers, those are the people I know.

You do seem to think I'm angrier about this than I am though, with like two exceptions I think my stories are funny, not devastating.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Pick posted:

I have no doubt there are plenty of trash tier men. But there are also plenty of non-trash tier men. Men who can cook and otherwise handle/manage their own lives and don't need a surrogate mother.

It's actually quite astounding that you've never met one, there are literally millions of us out there. Maybe it is the academia thing.

quote:

And I'm largely surrounded by academics and programmers, those are the people I know.

Oh, poo poo, programmers. Now it all makes sense.

E: VVV For the record, I'm not hitting on Pick.

WampaLord fucked around with this message at 18:27 on Aug 19, 2016

Business Gorillas
Mar 11, 2009

It's a shame I know Pick isn't trolling because right now we're having a bunch of people in the nice guy thread saying "YOU NEED TO STOP DATING ASSHOLES AND FIND A NICE GUY LIKE ME"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

treiz01 posted:

This includes vegetarians, who are just extremely picky eaters who make things harder for themselves on purpose.

I'm fine with vegetarians but my Ex decided to be vegan about a year into our relationship. Which meant I had to be vegan.

Except I worked all the time and she would get stoned as gently caress and just order philly cheesesteaks or something while I was at work and forbid me from cheating. I made it about 3 months of paying a 4x grocery bill for vital wheat gluten and mock meat and poo poo before I just told her to buy her own groceries and I would buy mine and we would eat separately, which caused a huge drama explosion since she didn't want to pay $20-$30 a meal for vegan hot dogs, vegan bread, vegan cheese, vegan chili, vegan plates and vegan chips from whole food.

She didn't even give a poo poo about animals and got mad when I accused her of doing it for social status to set herself apart from her vegetarian friends. In my mind if you truly are snow white want to walk through the culinary forest with the animals you aren't eating "Double meat, double cheese" Philly's at least 2-3 times a week while preaching the tenets of veganism

• Locked thread