Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stinky_Pete
Aug 16, 2015

Stinkier than your average bear
Lipstick Apathy

WampaLord posted:

Oh, poo poo, programmers. Now it all makes sense.

As a programmer who cooks delicious involved recipes regularly and takes care of his poo poo, I was about to protest, but then I remembered half the guys around me at work. Guys in their late thirties who look malnourished and don't seem to shower daily, and some old fat trolls.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bamabalacha posted:

your stories make it seem like you've been dating a different species from me and my friends.

She already said most of her dating pool is in academia, so yes, she is.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Well, I guess I'll just go fuck myself, then.
I read a reddit relationships thread some months ago where a woman was thinking of leaving her husband because he poo poo in the shower and tried to stomp it down the drain. Apparently it wasn't due to a condition or anything, he was just too lazy to get out of the shower for a poo poo.

I like to remind my girlfriend of that when she gets on me about the little things I do that bug her.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Business Gorillas posted:

It's a shame I know Pick isn't trolling because right now we're having a bunch of people in the nice guy thread saying "YOU NEED TO STOP DATING ASSHOLES AND FIND A NICE GUY LIKE ME"

Nah not a nice guy, opinionated taken and alcoholic but I can still cook things ffs thats not expecting too much i think is all.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Mr. 47 posted:

I read a reddit relationships thread some months ago where a woman was thinking of leaving her husband because he poo poo in the shower and tried to stomp it down the drain. Apparently it wasn't due to a condition or anything, he was just too lazy to get out of the shower for a poo poo.

I like to remind my girlfriend of that when she gets on me about the little things I do that bug her.

I'm really sad I missed that thread :sigh:

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Pick posted:

They've almost all been in academia, if it helps.

That DOES go a long way to explaining the bad luck you've had.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

Mak0rz posted:

I'm really sad I missed that thread :sigh:

As and ye shall receive, fellow goon:

[39/f] My husband [39/m] of 3.5 years pooped in the shower last night and now I don't know how I feel about him.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

:neckbeard:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

lol the top comment:

quote:

Dude. I was taking pain killers after breaking my foot. Worse thing ever to embarrass me was when I was at work heading to the bathroom, bam! I poo poo myself in my pants in the hallway. It falls out my pants and looks like a loving horse shat in the hallway. I go out after using the restroom. Fellow employee sees me trying to clean it up and states the janitor was coming to clean it up, not realizing it was me who did it.

Mr. 47
Jul 8, 2008

This was my favorite comment:

quote:

This guy is clearly addicted to waffle stomping.

He has a problem and needs your help, give him poo poo and he will just crush it down the plug hole

I wasn't familiar with that term before now.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mr. 47 posted:

That DOES go a long way to explaining the bad luck you've had.

The only two I'd say were "bad" were the two who essentially tried to corner me, the rest were just not compatible and it's not like they got serious. Probably all of them will be fine but not everyone is there in the mid-20s.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

The only two I'd say were "bad" were the two who essentially tried to corner me, the rest were just not compatible and it's not like they got serious. Probably all of them will be fine but not everyone is there in the mid-20s.

Also of course you're going to share your stories of lovely dudes in the thread made to mock them and not say anything about your good/normal dates because that probably wouldn't be as interesting.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Oh no... am I White Knighting??? :ohdear:

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

Also of course you're going to share your stories of lovely dudes in the thread made to mock them and not say anything about your good/normal dates because that probably wouldn't be as interesting.

No self-respecting journal would ever publish the results of an unremarkable date :v:

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Pick posted:

No self-respecting journal would ever publish the results of an unremarkable date :v:

Are you trying to say your dating life is peer-reviewed?

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches
:shrug: some dates are just like eh. not fun, no chemistry of any kind and end up all weird at the end so i can see how that would be a rather dumb story

lick it or ticket
Apr 12, 2013

When you want to laugh cry as hard as you can, when you want to cry laugh all you can. When you see rain, just think of it as the world laughing with you, and laugh until you can't anymore.

I KNEW that sounded familiar!

http://loureads.com/2016/03/06/lou-reads-ep148-my-husband-pooped-in-the-shower/

phasmid
Jan 16, 2015

Booty Shaker
SILENT MAJORITY

Mak0rz posted:

This thread has already turned into Pick's Dating Game, so why not?

I swear, people who talk about dating more than they date sit around wondering what their problem is. "Why can't I find a person that x,y,z?" You totally can, even if you're a gross hog. It probably has more to do with people not knowing what they want or how to accept others. Cry me a river.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Troposphere posted:

picky eaters are the worst

This, don't wait several hours after I asked you if its okay for me to make something to complain that you don't eat it.

Azuth0667
Sep 20, 2011

By the word of Zoroaster, no business decision is poor when it involves Ahura Mazda.

Pick posted:

They've almost all been in academia, if it helps.

No wonder only the most broken people do that.

Mak0rz
Aug 2, 2008

😎🐗🚬

Bet you can't guess what my picky-eating ex-roommate's favorite restaurant is! Go ahead and try!

It's Swiss Chalet and he's heartbroken that they seem to be dying off

For the US folks playing along it's the most whitebread place you could ever imagine and it's basically designed for picky eaters or absurdly white families with children who refuse to eat anything that isn't plain white chicken and fries. It has literally nothing to do with Switzerland or its food.

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

Mak0rz posted:

tbh almost everyone's dating life is peer-reviewed

e: and how many people have I even mentioned in this thread? Like four or five maybe? Historical pickling dude wasn't even a bad dude, I even invited him to a second date, that was the point of that anecdote.

Pick fucked around with this message at 19:25 on Aug 19, 2016

Hate Fibration
Apr 8, 2013

FLÄSHYN!
My dating life is independently published on Lulu.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Fat Shat Sings posted:

I'm fine with vegetarians but my Ex decided to be vegan about a year into our relationship. Which meant I had to be vegan.

lol @ anyone who takes orders from their SO on what they're allowed to eat.

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

CubanMissile posted:

for realsies.. gently caress the police yo.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CubanMissile posted:

It's one of many reasons why I ended the relationship but it was basically either I agree to be Vegan or there were huge, throwing things meltdowns about how we aren't meant to be together because we don't eat the same food. Screaming / Crying / Literal Violence if I wasn't happy and interested in "her interests" which changed on a weekly basis.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It's one of many reasons why I ended the relationship but it was basically either I agree to be Vegan or there were huge, throwing things meltdowns about how we aren't meant to be together because we don't eat the same food. Screaming / Crying / Literal Violence if I wasn't happy and interested in "her interests" which changed on a weekly basis.

But the crazy thing is you actually tried instead of heeding the fifty other red flags that popped up instantly.

darkhand
Jan 18, 2010

This beard just won't do!
Once I learn my lovers' favorite trash food, I basically stop liking them.

Fat Shat Sings
Jan 24, 2016

CubanMissile posted:

But the crazy thing is you actually tried instead of heeding the fifty other red flags that popped up instantly.

It's not a defense but I was a pretty bad Nice Guy in my teens and I still haven't quite figured out relationships exactly. So when someone terrible is horrible to me my response is more of an instinctual "M'Lady" rather than an earnest look at my situation and my life.

afeelgoodpoop
Oct 14, 2014

by FactsAreUseless

Hate Fibration posted:

My dating life is independently published on Lulu.

i dont know why but every woman ive ever been closer than friends with always did this weird thing were they ask me to tell them what they should eat. everytime it happened i was struck with a feeling i was just tricked into engaging in some type of foreplay.

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men

Fat Shat Sings posted:

It's not a defense but I was a pretty bad Nice Guy in my teens and I still haven't quite figured out relationships exactly. So when someone terrible is horrible to me my response is more of an instinctual "M'Lady" rather than an earnest look at my situation and my life.

Can't blame you for that. It's hard sometimes not to see someone react crazy and think "It's probably me. Maybe I should make more of an effort to care about their interests."

That poo poo gets tiring though when your girlfriend changes cliché girl hobbies (photography, painting, guitar, making bead jewelry on etsy) every month and you have to be super supportive even though she's not going to follow through with any of it.

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?
I was with a girl for the first time last year, and it didn't last long. Just not much in common apart from being the only two people in shared classes. And she never really wanted to do anything, with anyone, so it got boring. One time she forgot her birth control pills and was absolutely loopy for a week, and it was after that I decided to cut it off. Just wasn't that fun.

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Arcsquad12 posted:

I was with a girl for the first time last year, and it didn't last long. Just not much in common apart from being the only two people in shared classes. And she never really wanted to do anything, with anyone, so it got boring. One time she forgot her birth control pills and was absolutely loopy for a week, and it was after that I decided to cut it off. Just wasn't that fun.

Well, that was boring.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Pick posted:

I try to have realistic standards and acknowledge nobody is perfect, I give people a chance. I especially try not to expect the men I've dated to be like the women I've dated, and yeah it's been pretty night and day.

If you don't expect men to be as good as women, why do you keep dating them?

CubanMissile posted:

Eh, I could give up pork

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Benny Harvey posted:

Eh, I could give up pork

sure but decide for yourself buddy

Arc Hammer
Mar 4, 2013

Got any deathsticks?

CaptainSarcastic posted:

Well, that was boring.

You're telling me. I had to go through it.

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

SneakyFrog posted:

sure but decide for yourself buddy

Nah, middle Eastern women are hot enough to make it worth it

TehRedWheelbarrow
Mar 16, 2011

Fan of Britches

Benny Harvey posted:

Nah, middle Eastern women are hot enough to make it worth it

:catbert: Well i think i like pork products too much for that, but hey if its your decision i got your back homes ( and your bacon)

CubanMissile
Apr 22, 2003

Of Hulks and Spider-Men
That's a tough thing to give up. When I see vegans cheat, it's usually for bacon.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CaptainSarcastic
Jul 6, 2013

Meh, I haven't had a lot of problems making adjustments to my diet in order to make things easier in a relationship. My ex-wife was avoiding red meat when we first got married, and that was easy enough for me to give up. Reasonable accommodations are just that - reasonable.

• Locked thread