Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I got this for a Ratatta on GTS.

Every generation has its good designs and ideas and every generation has bad designs and ideas. It isn't really fair to lump them all by generation.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Dunban posted:

Exciting new Sun & Moon gameplay footage:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9jgZhBxhyQA

This "minigame" is about as underwhelming as a real sea cucumber, but 20000 Poke-bucks ain't bad.

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

Geostomp posted:

This "minigame" is about as underwhelming as a real sea cucumber, but 20000 Poke-bucks ain't bad.

It is a bit unusual that you're given that high an amount for something so simple. Does this mean that you're not able to re-battle trainers on routes? Many of the later games that don't have this option have alternate ways of making cash. Gen 5 had all that vendor trash that could be sold for absurd prices to the right NPCs who are willing to buy them. Is this Gen 7's solution?

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused

Geostomp posted:

It'd be better with an animation of you punting the Pyukus into the sea.

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

Zore posted:

Is there a way to gain affection with Slugma in Aime?

it keeps burning my hand :(

I think it enjoys being pet on the eyeballs

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Zuzie posted:

It is a bit unusual that you're given that high an amount for something so simple. Does this mean that you're not able to re-battle trainers on routes? Many of the later games that don't have this option have alternate ways of making cash. Gen 5 had all that vendor trash that could be sold for absurd prices to the right NPCs who are willing to buy them. Is this Gen 7's solution?

Well, given that customization is back, there's probably lots of clothes to buy and such.

Either that or Alola is going through some severe inflation.

Dunno why this had to be showcased in a video and a black screen is really underwhelming. :effort:

Spatula City
Oct 21, 2010

LET ME EXPLAIN TO YOU WHY YOU ARE WRONG ABOUT EVERYTHING

GreyPowerVan posted:

Mega Ampharos is extremely good.

my laptop background is still the Mega Ampharos wallpaper that I downloaded in the run-up to X&Y's release. I see no reason to ever change it.
iirc the links to download the cool wallpapers were posted here. :3:

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Zoness posted:

just pretend heatran evolves from magcargo and it changed rock to steel, just like how steelix evolves from onyx.

I still pretend it evolves into Torkoal. It just feels right since it does everything the slag-sail does better.

Internet Kraken posted:

It'd be better with an animation of you punting the Pyukus into the sea.

I would have liked an actual minigame where you slide your finger back to try to aim them into a target. Basically horseshoes.

Zuzie posted:

It could take the role of the Battle Chateau as a quick money maker.

Geostomp fucked around with this message at 01:56 on Aug 23, 2016

Rose Spirit
Nov 4, 2010

:33 < APEX PURREDATOR
Got a pair of Jesuses up for grabs

A5Z4 ZNHU MWGF FQJ2
A5Z4 ZNHU U7WC AWC7

Indigo Cephalopods
Oct 26, 2012

Justice Rains From Above

Rose Spirit posted:

A5Z4 ZNHU U7WC AWC7

Grabbed

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

Rose Spirit posted:

A5Z4 ZNHU MWGF FQJ2

Grabbed thanks :)

Russad
Feb 19, 2011
Isn't the dex entry for the cuke about how it dies when jerks move them?

Araxxor
Oct 20, 2012

My disdain for you all knows no bounds.

Russad posted:

Isn't the dex entry for the cuke about how it dies when jerks move them?

No. Mainly that it sticks and tries return to its favorite spot no matter what, even if it means it'll starve to death. They're chucked back into the ocean so they can get some food, and because tourists find them ugly.

Electric Phantasm
Apr 7, 2011

YOSPOS

Dr. Fetus posted:

No. Mainly that it sticks and tries return to its favorite spot no matter what, even if it means it'll starve to death. They're chucked back into the ocean so they can get some food, and because tourists find them ugly.

I hope there's a second part where I can tell off tourists for insulting my sea cucumber friend.

Crosspeice
Aug 9, 2013

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

I hope Team Skull is just as amusing as Archie and Team Aqua was in Alpha Sapphire.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Now that I'm using it, I have to bump Farfetch'd out of my top six favorites. I'm not sure what replaces it but nothing this weak can have such a central place in my heart

Solumin
Jan 11, 2013

Dr. Fetus posted:

Well, given that customization is back, there's probably lots of clothes to buy and such.

Either that or Alola is going through some severe inflation.

Dunno why this had to be showcased in a video and a black screen is really underwhelming. :effort:

It reminded me a lot of working for the Lumiose Hotel in XY. You were payed a ton for trivial work there, too.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

cheetah7071 posted:

Now that I'm using it, I have to bump Farfetch'd out of my top six favorites. I'm not sure what replaces it but nothing this weak can have such a central place in my heart

wow i hope you never have kids!!!!!

Zuzie
Jun 30, 2005

cheetah7071 posted:

Being almost useless is kind of Farfetch'd's main shtick (or stick as it were).

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

Super No Vacancy posted:

wow i hope you never have kids!!!!!

When I have children I will present them with a garchomp toy and a pikachu toy. Those that make the wrong choice will be dead to me

lezard_valeth
Mar 14, 2016

cheetah7071 posted:

When I have children I will present them with a garchomp toy and a pikachu toy. Those that make the wrong choice will be dead to me

What will you do with the child that picks the Pikachu toy, and tosses a blanket over it so now you have a Mimikyu toy?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

lezard_valeth posted:

What will you do with the child that picks the Pikachu toy, and tosses a blanket over it so now you have a Mimikyu toy?

Depends on Mimikyu's base stat total

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

cheetah7071 posted:

Depends on Mimikyu's base stat total

Sad

Blaze Dragon
Aug 28, 2013
LOWTAX'S SPINE FUND

cheetah7071 posted:

That's rather unfair when you aren't giving them any right choices.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
you know what's a good and underrated pokemon? chatot.

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

Craptot

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

Zuzie posted:

Being almost useless is kind of Farfetch'd's main shtick (or stick as it were).

That and being delicious.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
I still really like Farfetch'd's design but it's literally dying in one hit to normal-effectiveness moves from almost everything

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

so then dont get hit

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

I used my pal Dux for the first 4 gyms in X before I ended up benching him and he did very good for those 4 gyms. And he was cool and I loved him, so I think Farfetch'd is a good powerful friend.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

this is incredibly important

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

i'd follow guzma to hell. when can i sign up to join team skull

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

i'm late to this discussion but magcargo is one of the best pokemon. i don't care about stats, because all that matters for a pokemon is how it looks. and magcargo is amazing.

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
Just make Farfetch'd your designated Flyer. That way he'll always be your friend even all the way through the postgame.

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice

sharrrk posted:

so then dont get hit

I did this against Lysandre's Mienshao and it killed itself with Hi Jump Kick

Internet Kraken
Apr 24, 2010

slightly amused
Remember when everyone thought there must be M-Farchet'd because a guy at the start of the game will trade you one, and why else would they draw attention to it?

MorningMoon
Dec 29, 2013

He's been tapping into Aunt May's bank account!
Didn't I kill him with a HELICOPTER?

Cerony posted:

Just make Farfetch'd your designated Flyer. That way he'll always be your friend even all the way through the postgame.

Real friends don't make their Farfetch'd friends into HM slaves. :colbert:

that ivy guy
May 20, 2015

My friend Delibird was faithful in HeartGold. took some effort with egg moves so that it could do more than throw presents

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ConanThe3rd
Mar 27, 2009

Ruggington posted:

this is incredibly important

It shows that Guzma forgot the Gun Part of dance defence.