Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
The hell is a bibimbnap

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mx.
Dec 16, 2006

I'm a great fan! When I watch TV I'm always saying "That's political correctness gone mad!"
Why thankyew!

a trolley posted:

holy gently caress the illustrator of this is from melbourne right? i'm 100% sure i've been to this place. that's exactly what it looks like. it is kinda depressing but they do really good bibimbaps.

They're from Tasmania

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

Zzulu posted:

The hell is a bibimbnap

Korean dish with rice, veggies, sauce, and sometimes meat and an egg (because when doesn't an egg make things better?). If you're thinking that sounds like most asian food you're probably right, but it's delicious.

I actually had a hunch it was supposed to be a Korean place before a trolley posted about the bibimbap, because they love to have the word "story" in their brands and names and poo poo. You'll see random restaurants named BREAD STORY or whatever.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

One of (the latest?) Megg Mogg and Owl books ends with Owl finally leaving and it is really good :unsmith:

Bogan Krkic
Oct 31, 2010

Swedish style? No.
Yugoslavian style? Of course not.
It has to be Zlatan-style.

MissEchelon posted:

They're from Tasmania

I thought they were from Melb but now lived in Hobart, or the other way around.

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Zzulu posted:

The hell is a bibimbnap

Do you not watch MasterChef?

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
n-no

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!
I just don't get why their eyes are pink. Except when they are not.

Puseklepp
Jan 9, 2011

like watching the most beautiful ballerina on the best stage

Paladinus posted:

They're high.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Paladinus posted:

Get really loving stoned and look in a mirror. Problem solved.

Just Offscreen
Jun 29, 2006

We must hope that our current selves will one day step aside to make room for better versions of us.

Gravitas Shortfall posted:

One of (the latest?) Megg Mogg and Owl books ends with Owl finally leaving and it is really good :unsmith:

You can't say poo poo like that and not at least link it.

Randaconda
Jul 3, 2014

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Owl will come back, because he doesn't deserve better friends.

Kulkasha
Jan 15, 2010

But it was all right, everything was all right, the struggle was finished. He had won the victory over himself. He loved Likchenpa.

whiteyfats posted:

Owl will come back, because he doesn't deserve better friends.

Owl's present for WWJ's death, so he has to come back

Lemon
May 22, 2003

MM&O is good but I don't know if I'd classify it as funny. Sometimes some things happen which are more amusing than bleak but there aren't any actual jokes.

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

This is my favorite MM&O i'm not rehosting it just click this
http://www.vice.com/read/megg-mogg-owl-television-network-meeting-953

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

The Mentalizer posted:

I think you're giving him too much credit, he's really just a massive doormat who's mistaken any kind of attention from his 'friends' for good attention. At this point it's like a case of Stockholm syndrome as he's been hanging out with the same people since high school and they've always treated him the same way.

Here's the strip about their time in high school, it explains a whole lot about how all the characters currently relate to each other, and why owl has hung around for so long.

He's been carrying a torch for Megg ever since they first met even though it's 100% unreciprocated

LawfulWaffle
Mar 11, 2014

Well, that aligns with the vibes I was getting. Which was, like, "normal" kinda vibes.
The best Megg, Mogg and Owl comics are the ones that include the line "One more year."

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
Korean food is like a joke that I'm not in on. "OMG kalbi SOOOO good. The way we put this meat on the heat source with absolutely no flavors or seasonings is just diviiiiiine"

bibimbap is what a poor, divorced dad would make himself when he doesn't know how to grocery shop.

Who What Now
Sep 10, 2006

by Azathoth

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

Korean food is like a joke that I'm not in on. "OMG kalbi SOOOO good. The way we put this meat on the heat source with absolutely no flavors or seasonings is just diviiiiiine"

bibimbap is what a poor, divorced dad would make himself when he doesn't know how to grocery shop.

Was your crappy step-dad a Korean chef or something? Well your parents aren't getting back together, man, and it's time for you to realize that and stop taking your anger out on harmless ethnic dishes.

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

LawfulWaffle posted:

The best Megg, Mogg and Owl comics are the ones that include the line "One more year."

I so need to chop out all the owl frames and make a random generator.

Len
Jan 21, 2008

Pouches, bandages, shoulderpad, cyber-eye...

Bitchin'!

Am I still allowed to hate Amish cooking even if none of those things are true? Because there's literally nothing special about Amish cooking but people are paying $20/head to wait on months long waiting lists to eat authentic Amish cuisine at actual Amish houses.

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
I dont even know what amish food is

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Zzulu posted:

I dont even know what amish food is

From a quick google, I suspect you'll be happy as a pig in poo poo if you really like potatoes and cabbage, and potatoes.

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness

Hexyflexy posted:

Doesn't even need the third panel, honestly. Always better with one less panel :v:

Kennel
May 1, 2008

BAWWW-UNH!

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the strip about their time in high school, it explains a whole lot about how all the characters currently relate to each other, and why owl has hung around for so long.

He's been carrying a torch for Megg ever since they first met even though it's 100% unreciprocated

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V-j9qxqGy-c

oldpainless
Oct 30, 2009

This 📆 post brought to you by RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS👥.
RAID💥: SHADOW LEGENDS 👥 - It's for your phone📲TM™ #ad📢

Owl has lot of frames where he sweats.

Owl loving sucks

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

Hexyflexy posted:

ImpAtom
May 24, 2007

Serious question. Are the Owl comics something collected on a website or in a book or something? People just seem to post them randomly and I'm not clear what, if anything, they're from.

Snowglobe of Doom
Mar 30, 2012

sucks to be right

ImpAtom posted:

Serious question. Are the Owl comics something collected on a website or in a book or something? People just seem to post them randomly and I'm not clear what, if anything, they're from.

A lot of them are posted on Vice.com but there's also a bunch of printed books that have strips which are harder to find online.

Edit: this Imgur account (which seems to belong to a Goon) also has a bunch of the longer strips: http://hwsa.imgur.com/

Snowglobe of Doom has a new favorite as of 22:41 on Aug 22, 2016

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

Simon Hanselman has a tumblr or twitter or formspring or something and sometimes they get posted there. I bought two books to get the rest of them. I'd go to vice it has a pretty large collection.

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Holy poo poo this depressing comic is enjoyable

gently caress

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

Twerkteam Pizza posted:

Holy poo poo this depressing comic is enjoyable

gently caress

We're all Owl now.

Bad Llama
Jan 2, 2007
pwnerer
PYF Megg, Mogg & Owl Comics: For Some loving Reason I'm Still Coming

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
I can never tell if there's something I'm failing to understand about achewood or if it's just unfunny

Jaramin
Oct 20, 2010

Tetracube posted:

I can never tell if there's something I'm failing to understand about achewood or if it's just unfunny

Yes.

Gravitas Shortfall
Jul 17, 2007

Utility is seven-eighths Proximity.

Just Offscreen posted:

You can't say poo poo like that and not at least link it.

I couldn't find it online

Nitrox
Jul 5, 2002
gently caress
http://imgur.com/a/yrY1A

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"
this loving comic

I'm glad of it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jmcrofts
Jan 7, 2008

just chillin' in the club
Lipstick Apathy

So this was the wakeup call that got Megg out of her downward spiral right?

• Locked thread