Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
Megg Mogg & Owl seems to have twice as many panels as absolutely necessary which gives it a real cool disjointed flow. But I also think Achewood is the best webcomic ever made, by a huge margin.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Puseklepp posted:

They're high.

Pretty sure that's not how it works. Looks more like conjunctivitis to me. Also, makes sense considering they are drug users.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
Does anyone else find it weird the more Megg that's posted, the less poo poo this thread became?

Tetracube
Feb 12, 2014

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN

SomeJazzyRat posted:

Does anyone else find it weird the more Megg that's posted, the less poo poo this thread became?

it's like a heat sink for self hate

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:

Calaveron posted:

Homer once gave Bart money because he said he would start smoking and then quit so the canonicity of this strip is dubious at best

Also Homer once gave Bart money to buy an animation cel and then to hire Lionel Hutz for that hobo who invented Itchy and Scratchy and finally to buy that other animation cel to prove he did invent Itchy and Scratchy

ikanreed
Sep 25, 2009

I honestly I have no idea who cannibal[SIC] is and I do not know why I should know.

syq dude, just syq!
MM&O hits a little too hard when you're aging and depressed.

Green Crayons
Apr 2, 2009

Snowglobe of Doom posted:

Here's the strip about their time in high school, it explains a whole lot about how all the characters currently relate to each other, and why owl has hung around for so long.

He's been carrying a torch for Megg ever since they first met even though it's 100% unreciprocated

this is the worst one

I love it the most

Slimy Hog
Apr 22, 2008

SomeJazzyRat posted:

I actually find it to the quite the opposite; the recent deluge of MMO plus the few Achewood recently are kinda killing this thread for me.

But other than the comics, the posting hasn't been poo poo lately.

How!
Oct 29, 2009

What happened to Whomp? Is that fat idiot still making comics?

TheRecogScene
Aug 22, 2010

I'm gonna miss you when you're gone.

How! posted:

What happened to Whomp? Is that fat idiot still making comics?

The last ever Whomp comic was posted just yesterday: http://www.whompcomic.com/comic/belly-fancier

There will never be another Whomp! comic until a couple of days from now when the website updates again

bunnyofdoom
Mar 29, 2008

Jaxxon: Still not the stupidest thing from the expanded universe.

Is there a new nedroid?

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

Paladinus posted:

Pretty sure that's not how it works. Looks more like conjunctivitis to me. Also, makes sense considering they are drug users.

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but that's exactly how it works. Smoking weed can give you bloodshot eyes, it's one of the easiest jokes you can make about stoners. It's also one of the most common shortcuts used to show that someone's been smoking. That and jokes about Visine.

E:
From the couple of interviews I've seen, it seems like Hanselmann's super hosed up childhood was probably the inspiration for this particular comic.

the future is WOW has a new favorite as of 05:57 on Aug 23, 2016

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

Tetracube posted:

a heat sink for self hate

New thread title

Krinkle
Feb 9, 2003

Ah do believe Ah've got the vapors...
Ah mean the farts

I zoomed in to 300% and squinted and I can't read half these words.

Karate Bastard
Jul 31, 2007

Soiled Meat

Paladinus posted:

How do you think they're dosing exactly?

Does megg look like a scales person to you?

Karate Bastard has a new favorite as of 08:29 on Aug 23, 2016

Wizard Master
Mar 25, 2008

I am the Wizard Master

Slimy Hog posted:

I actually find it to the quite the opposite; the recent deluge of MMO plus the few Achewood recently are kinda killing this thread for me.

But other than the comics, the posting hasn't been poo poo lately.

Go back to Reddit.

Count Uvula
Dec 20, 2011

---
When you eyeball weed it irritates the poo poo out of them, which turns them red.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

The Mentalizer posted:

I'm not sure if you're kidding or not, but that's exactly how it works. Smoking weed can give you bloodshot eyes, it's one of the easiest jokes you can make about stoners. It's also one of the most common shortcuts used to show that someone's been smoking. That and jokes about Visine.

You only get red eyes first couple of times, because you worry you might get caught doing drugs, for example, or party all night long thanks to drugs without realising you were actually tired. Then your body adapts to that stress.

The effects of untreated conjunctivitis, on the other hand, are not affected by drugs. The joke is that they are not responsible enough to use clean needles.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
No one in history has ever been more wrong about something since the last person in this thread to say Achewood is funny.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
But that's what his mom told him about the pot.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Paladinus posted:

You only get red eyes first couple of times, because you worry you might get caught doing drugs, for example, or party all night long thanks to drugs without realising you were actually tired. Then your body adapts to that stress.

The effects of untreated conjunctivitis, on the other hand, are not affected by drugs. The joke is that they are not responsible enough to use clean needles.

you're the most literalist gently caress-up I've ever seen. You're talking about a comic you dingus

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

starkebn posted:

you're the most literalist gently caress-up I've ever seen. You're talking about a comic you dingus

I trust that the author has extensive experience with drugs and in some way aims his comics at like-minded people. It's like video games jokes that normal people don't get, niche humour. My only gripe is that it seems inconsistent at times re who has pink eyes and when. Since Owl is more often depicted with regular white eyes, and he's arguably the most responsible of the lot, you can say that he is actually treating his conjunctivitis, but eye colour is also inconsistent for other characters. My best guess is that since those comics don't follow the events in chronological order, characters might have got infected at different times.

Terrible Robot
Jul 2, 2010

FRIED CHICKEN
Slippery Tilde
Their eyes are red because they smoke weed you tremendous loving goonlord.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

Terrible Robot posted:

Their eyes are red because they smoke weed you tremendous loving goonlord.

And how would the artist draw a character with conjunctivitis then?

Korgan
Feb 14, 2012

Paladinus posted:

He wouldn't

Solar Tornado
Aug 9, 2016

A true fool keeps on fighting, even when there is no more glory to be gained
So is Megg Mogg & Owl just BoJack Horseman only more depressing or...?

doodlebugs
Feb 18, 2015

by Lowtax

:nws:

http://imgur.com/jqEVchD

Olive!
Mar 16, 2015

It's not a ghost, but probably a 'living corpse'. The 'living dead' with a hell of a lot of bloodlust...

Paladinus posted:

I trust that the author has extensive experience with drugs and in some way aims his comics at like-minded people. It's like video games jokes that normal people don't get, niche humour. My only gripe is that it seems inconsistent at times re who has pink eyes and when. Since Owl is more often depicted with regular white eyes, and he's arguably the most responsible of the lot, you can say that he is actually treating his conjunctivitis, but eye colour is also inconsistent for other characters. My best guess is that since those comics don't follow the events in chronological order, characters might have got infected at different times.

Also, a cat couldn't eat a whole lasagna! it would die!!!

A Moose
Oct 22, 2009

so is this the new PBF then? Looking forward to someone creatively misunderstanding every strip until people just stop posting it.

monny
Oct 20, 2008

dollar dollar bill, y'all

Holy moley!

A Moose posted:

so is this the new PBF then? Looking forward to someone creatively misunderstanding every strip until people just stop posting it.

Never stop posting MM&O.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

See what I mean? On those pages it is clear that at least Mogg is very high, but his eyes are not pink. This puts this comic chronologically before other comics, where he already has conjunctivitis.

burexas.irom
Oct 29, 2007

I disapprove of what you say, and I will defend your death because you have no right to say it!

PYF Funny Comics: No funny comics please

Phyzzle
Jan 26, 2008

Paladinus posted:

Hexyflexy
Sep 2, 2011

asymptotically approaching one

Gorilla Salad posted:

No one in history has ever been more wrong about something since the last person in this thread to say Achewood is funny.

Makes you think.

om nom nom
Jul 23, 2011

om nom nom nom nom nom nom
Grimey Drawer
Here you go, they get off of a plane in amsterdam not stoned and have white eyes then smoke weed and their eyes turn red. Not loving conjunctivitis.

http://www.vice.com/read/megg-mogg-owl-part-18

RareAcumen
Dec 28, 2012

Lowtax should make people have to pay 10$ everytime they fall for an obvious troll.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar
^^^Never ascribe to trolling that which is adequately explained by autism.

om nom nom posted:

Here you go, they get off of a plane in amsterdam not stoned and have white eyes then smoke weed and their eyes turn red. Not loving conjunctivitis.

Pffft, everyone knows the Dutch are riddles with disease.

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

om nom nom posted:

http://www.vice.com/read/megg-mogg-owl-part-18

Look. I've been to Amsterdam just last week. This is not how people look after smoking some weed at a cafe. In this particular case, since they had to fly all the way from Australia, it's safe to say they didn't have enough sleep, so their eyes got red essentially after a sleepless night.

Digamma-F-Wau
Mar 22, 2016

It is curious and wants to accept all kinds of challenges
PYF Funny Comics: conjunctivitis

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Twerkteam Pizza
Sep 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
PYF Funny Comics: COULD IT BE CONJUCTITIS

• Locked thread