Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Paradox, the gender laws are well appreciated, but there are instances where it could use some more work:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dareon
Apr 6, 2009

by vyelkin

Why. Why do you do this to me. We don't even have all of the great Khaganate of Africa within our domain (My goal for this game is to own the entire African landmass), why do you seek to poke India.

e: I have everything west of Egypt. Egypt and Nubia are held by the guy I took Africa from, who splintered off the Abassids after a decadence revolt. A united Abyssinia is generally holding its own against Egypt. Hispania is almost entirely under the control of the Shia Mirzids, France is Waldensian, The king of Lombardy is Cathar, there are reformed Germanic provinces all over Europe (Including Rome), Danmark is on its way to being Scandinavia, pieces of Ireland are owned by Pictland, Gwynedd, and Asturias, and the Pope-in-exile has declared a crusade for Mirzid-held Aquitane instead of Lombard Rome.

Idle question: Are Lombard and Langobard from the same linguistic roots? If so, what does "Lom" translate as?

Dareon fucked around with this message at 23:19 on Aug 20, 2016

Mantis42
Jul 26, 2010

Just want to point out that I made that joke long before anyone else.

Mantis42 posted:

Games > Crusader Kings II: #BlackDeathMatters

darthbob88
Oct 13, 2011

YOSPOS

Dareon posted:

Idle question: Are Lombard and Langobard from the same linguistic roots? If so, what does "Lom" translate as?

According to Wikipedia, "Lombard" is an Anglicization from the Latin Langobard, which means long-beard.

Famethrowa
Oct 5, 2012

Just inherited a title from one of my tributaries. :negative:

...because he is brilliant he rebelled against me, so I surrendered, and immediately after declared war to claim his title :agesilaus:

Rarity
Oct 21, 2010

~*4 LIFE*~
I just discovered I can get around pesky truces by inciting the duke who's land I'm after into open rebellion and then declaring on him while he's an independent revolt :ese:

Midnight Voyager
Jul 2, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PQQqBIOgVRw

Seems like we have a new developer diary here. Now in video format!

Nothing new really, it's just an overview, but it's fun seeing a dev keep breaking into laughter over the sounds of impalement.

EDIT: Three "can we blame the Jews" comments just on first glance. Of course.

Midnight Voyager fucked around with this message at 20:28 on Aug 22, 2016

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Midnight Voyager posted:

Nothing new really, it's just an overview, but it's fun seeing a dev keep breaking into laughter over the sounds of impalement.

Jesus, those are some brutal sound effects.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Tanks are kinda wasted on invading the USSR

Midnight Voyager posted:

You can hear me getting my legs smashed to bits in that video, pretty much right before when he talks about impalement.

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Groogy posted:

You can hear me getting my legs smashed to bits in that video, pretty much right before when he talks about impalement.

When people complain about their immersion suffering, this is not what they meant.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Hey it ain't proper torture immersion if you can't hear your victim scream and cry in pain. What's the point in boiling someone if I can't hear him slowly die.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
In case anyone wants it, RD+the Content pack is in a collection in our webstore for slightly cheaper than buying them individually. There's also some more viking metal like music.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012
Has anyone explained what disease-afflicted sea zones are meant to do? Is this anything new or only just now visible because of the epidemic mapmode?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Frogfingers posted:

Has anyone explained what disease-afflicted sea zones are meant to do? Is this anything new or only just now visible because of the epidemic mapmode?

Boats get cancer now.

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy
All those afflicted sea zones are still coastal. Epidemics can presumably jump from coast to coast: in the video, the Black Death seems to get from Sicily to Africa through Malta.

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 11:52 on Aug 23, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
please give me anything to talk about besides the fact that democrats are allowing millions of americans to be evicted from their homes
Yeah, it's to show you the diseases can travel over water gaps.

New DD:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-20-dont-fear-the-reaper.964269/

I'm currently watching Arumba try to find where to build Hospitals for 4 videos now. The Extended province view isn't that unknown, is it?

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

New DD:
https://forum.paradoxplaza.com/forum/index.php?threads/ck2-dev-diary-20-dont-fear-the-reaper.964269/

I'm currently watching Arumba try to find where to build Hospitals for 4 videos now. The Extended province view isn't that unknown, is it?

It's really hard to spot since it's just a tiny arrow sticking off the side of another menu, and has so far only ever really been relevant for republics.

So essentially, if you don't know about, you won't find it.

Jazerus
May 24, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

New DD:

No, Arumba just gets the most severe case of stream-blindness known to man and can't stand to spend more than half a second on trying to locate a button he wants to use before deciding his problem was caused by a bug or bad UI design instead of his own impatience.

Edit: He once spent the entire life of a ruler confused as to why he wasn't allied to another realm, never realizing he had married a priestess instead of a princess. I enjoy his videos and he has a keen eye for UI design when he isn't under pressure to play as fast as possible but most of what he complains about while live is inane. Maybe the arrow could be a little more prominent, that's about the extent of any issues I've ever had with that tab.

Jazerus fucked around with this message at 12:08 on Aug 23, 2016

Deceitful Penguin
Feb 16, 2011

Darkrenown posted:

New DD:

Arumba is a moron, as both trade republics and nomads and those dealing with them or pagans have to know about it and its been shown clearly in several DDs.

Dont get his popularity really

Volkerball
Oct 15, 2009

by FactsAreUseless

ThaumPenguin posted:

It's really hard to spot since it's just a tiny arrow sticking off the side of another menu, and has so far only ever really been relevant for republics.

So essentially, if you don't know about, you won't find it.

Forts are there too. It would be the first place i would look.

Rumda
Nov 4, 2009

Moth Lesbian Comrade

Darkrenown posted:

New DD:

Someone's been listening to the British History Podcast or at least reading early English history.

Groogy
Jun 12, 2014

Rumda posted:

Someone's been listening to the British History Podcast or at least reading early English history.

Yeah we've been watching Highlander The Series. Best retelling of the English history.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006
So when the new patch drops we won't be able to modify games already in progress with the new rules right?

What are the rules set to by default on pre-Reaper's Due games?

edit: I also recall something about being able to force your vassals back into Gavelkind. Is that still in the patch/DLC?

axeil fucked around with this message at 15:52 on Aug 23, 2016

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
No, they are only for new games.

No rules are set by default (so anything looking for a specific rule will cock up).

Vassal Gavelkinding is in the DLC, seems it was missing from the version of the notes I used, but I added it for the actual release version.

axeil
Feb 14, 2006

Darkrenown posted:

No, they are only for new games.

No rules are set by default (so anything looking for a specific rule will cock up).

Vassal Gavelkinding is in the DLC, seems it was missing from the version of the notes I used, but I added it for the actual release version.

Oh nice! The Vassal Gavelkind thing seems like a great addition, glad to hear it'll be there.

Guess I'll have to continue my Charlemagne-start Roman Empire game without any of the rules changes. :smith: But the rest of the features look like they'll be pretty fun and spice up the game a bunch.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I may have to catch up on DLC (Way of Life, Horse Lords, and Reaper's Due) and start playing again because a lot of the upcoming changes/additions look pretty baller.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Darkrenown posted:

The Extended province view isn't that unknown, is it?

No, but for new players maybe it should be extended by default?

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012
Maybe. For a quickfix I added a mention of it to the No Hospitals icon.

So earlier today I asked the team how their games were going, turns out Virvatuli -who wrote the cat DD- was playing as an Immortal Zunist cannibal queen and marrying, breeding with, and then later eating successive generations of her sons :yikes:

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Will executing religious leaders (popes etc) have more consequences now? Like temporarily lowering religious authority and such.

It was always a bit disappointing to capture the pope and sacrifice him to the Allfather, only for nothing to really happen.

I mean at least give me some extra prestige.

Darkrenown posted:

So earlier today I asked the team how their games were going, turns out Virvatuli -who wrote the cat DD- was playing as an Immortal Zunist cannibal queen and marrying, breeding with, and then later eating successive generations of her sons :yikes:

The only real way to play.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

ThaumPenguin posted:

Will executing religious leaders (popes etc) have more consequences now? Like temporarily lowering religious authority and such.

It was always a bit disappointing to capture the pope and sacrifice him to the Allfather, only for nothing to really happen.

Yeah I was always disappointed that different people dont do different things when I capture them while raiding. I want to go raiding with a Viking Queen, capture the Pope, and make him my concubine :colbert:

pwnyXpress
Mar 28, 2007

Deceitful Penguin posted:

Dont get his popularity really

It probably has something to do with lack of many options.

Darkrenown
Jul 18, 2012

ThaumPenguin posted:

It doesn't, but it should. I'll see if we can add some more effects.

ThaumPenguin
Oct 9, 2013

Darkrenown posted:

It doesn't, but it should. I'll see if we can add some more effects.

That's great to hear! :)

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

pwnyXpress posted:

It probably has something to do with lack of many options.
I would love to stream a game and teach people how to play things because I have an affinity for it, but gently caress i dont have that kind of time.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

Darkrenown posted:

Maybe. For a quickfix I added a mention of it to the No Hospitals icon.

Nice, the interface is pretty good now though. The only mod I run now is one too increase the intrigue decision window to 6 available instead of the normal 4. It's sorely needed.

catlord
Mar 22, 2009

What's on your mind, Axa?
So much cool stuff that's going to make updating my mod a pain in the rear end!

Funky Valentine
Feb 26, 2014

Dojyaa~an

quote:

Changed the date of death of the last Merovingian so he's alive in 769
Oh my god.

zebez
Apr 27, 2008

catlord posted:

So much cool stuff that's going to make updating my mod a pain in the rear end!

gently caress yea!

FreudianSlippers
Apr 12, 2010

Shooting and Fucking
are the same thing!

Nice, we're finally getting a East-African portrait pack. Ethiopians having the exact same facial features and clothing as people from Mali was about as silly as Mongols looking like Arabs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kaza42
Oct 3, 2013

Blood and Souls and all that
How will Immortal interact with 1/lifetime decisions? Like, changing crown laws for instance

• Locked thread