Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

:h:

Sigma X posted:

Because, for the most part, people who are into through-hiking 50 miles on a long weekend, driving 8 hours to climb a 5.11 route in the middle of nowhere, or tramping through underbrush in search of some particular piece of wildlife don't give a poo poo about Air Force Ones (or whatever the trendy new hotness fashion statement shoe is at the moment). They care more about things like durability, comfort, resistance to staining, weight; you know, poo poo that actually matters.

So you're saying it's too much to ask for a simple looking shoe that isn't painful to look at? That even if there were options for something that didn't look like a small child's idea of a shoe they wouldn't buy them? C'mon now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
All I own are oxfords, so nobody asks me to do manual labor outside.

strangemusic
Aug 7, 2008

I shield you because I need charge
Is not because I like you or anything!

nocal posted:

I agree; I'm simply too active for Nikes, or shoes that look good, which is why I buy these:

Please insert the dissolving face scene from Raiders of the Lost Ark *here.*

Is there anything made by Under Armour that is nether Tacticool nor Extreme Cybergoth or a combination thereof?

All this shoe talk just makes me hurt for how badly I want a pair of Daytons... I loving live twenty minutes from the shop but Jesus I cannot spend that much money on shoes anytime soon.

strangemusic has a new favorite as of 16:55 on Aug 24, 2016

DrBouvenstein
Feb 28, 2007

I think I'm a doctor, but that doesn't make me a doctor. This fancy avatar does.

Toast Museum posted:

I didn't think 501s were that baggy, at least after the shrink, but image searches say that was just wishful thinking on my part.

Wait, you think the jeans pictured are baggy?

I mean, yeah they're certainly not skinny jeans or anything, but it's a far cry from what I'd call baggy. More like "relaxed" fit?

This, to me, is baggy:

Though it can get worse:

Aramek
Dec 22, 2007

Cutest tumor in all of Oncology!
Those Levi 501s used to be the standard for "slim jeans" but this was before modern skinny jeans were invented. We're in a tight new world now.

Toast Museum
Dec 3, 2005

30% Iron Chef

DrBouvenstein posted:

Wait, you think the jeans pictured are baggy?

I mean, yeah they're certainly not skinny jeans or anything, but it's a far cry from what I'd call baggy. More like "relaxed" fit?

This, to me, is baggy:

Though it can get worse:

Sure, they're not loose-fit (or even a relaxed fit), but a straight leg is baggier than I'd want to wear.

Sidenote: apparently JNCO still exists and believes (hopes?) it's gearing up for a comeback. I guess sometimes you just NEED to fit a couple 2-liters of soda in each back pocket.

djfooboo
Oct 16, 2004

Toast Museum posted:

Sure, they're not loose-fit (or even a relaxed fit), but a straight leg is baggier than I'd want to wear.

Sidenote: apparently JNCO still exists and believes (hopes?) it's gearing up for a comeback. I guess sometimes you just NEED to fit a couple 2-liters of soda in each back pocket.

Bwahahaha, Juggalos rejoice!
https://www.jncojeans.com/collections/jeans/products/crimescenes?variant=10941207493

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

lookslikerain posted:

A very small, but very nice, apartment.

Representative image.

gently caress Oslo house prices though.

Why is there a mirror above the stove top? Or is it like half mirror half oven/cook top display settings? Is it also a hood? I'm so confused. Otherwise, it looks nice.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

quote:

Wearing less than 50" leg openings would be a crime against fashion, and we won't let that happen.

Crime against fashion

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

It's basically a dress with two openings.

RCarr
Dec 24, 2007

sterster posted:

Why is there a mirror above the stove top? Or is it like half mirror half oven/cook top display settings? Is it also a hood? I'm so confused. Otherwise, it looks nice.

I thought it was a TV

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

It's an extractor fan

lookslikerain
Jan 10, 2014

If you find yourself in a social situation, make threats.

sterster posted:

Its an extractor fan, I'm not 100% on how it works since I haven't moved in, but I think it folds down.

George H.W. Cunt
Oct 6, 2010

JNCOs will make a comeback because we millennials cant loving leave the 90s and our childhood

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
JNCOs will come back as a stupid viral Facebook article about it. Everyone will share it and nobody will buy the stupid things.

Edit: the best shoes are the ones you like.

Bill Dungsroman
Nov 24, 2006

Got one of these:

And then felt I had to get one of these:

Widescreen gaming at 1440p owns

evobatman
Jul 30, 2006

it means nothing, but says everything!
Pillbug

Because I can't loving stop buying 90s luxury electronics!

sterster
Jun 19, 2006
nothing
Fun Shoe

lookslikerain posted:

Its an extractor fan, I'm not 100% on how it works since I haven't moved in, but I think it folds down.

I mean it looks like it's a mirror. You can see the wood grain from the floor and the bottom of the chair legs in the top left but then the gap and the black display part on the bottom confuse me. But it clearly has a vent shaft so :psyduck: . I request that you take more pictures once you move in.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Movers broke my computer to some indeterminate degree, so my kid and I are building a new one.

Dick Trauma
Nov 30, 2007

God damn it, you've got to be kind.

evobatman posted:

Because I can't loving stop buying 90s luxury electronics!

You must live in The House of 1,000 Power Strips.

Fayez Butts
Aug 24, 2006

nocal posted:

Didn't know they made orthopedic jeans

loving Lol

Here is my entry for shoe-chat

Got these jawns for hella cheap:

and these were just kind of reasonably cheap

LifeSunDeath
Jan 4, 2007

still gay rights and smoke weed every day

nocal posted:

I agree; I'm simply too active for Nikes, or shoes that look good, which is why I buy these:

Shiiiiit, I hiked 700 miles in japan in 2014 air maxes. Shoes were fine, but I had almost no traction and my feet hurt the entire time, it was the worst.

These bastards:

LifeSunDeath has a new favorite as of 00:55 on Aug 25, 2016

Josh Lyman
May 24, 2009

Fayez Butts posted:

loving Lol

Here is my entry for shoe-chat

Got these jawns for hella cheap:

and these were just kind of reasonably cheap

The first pair have a weird texture juxtaposition.

Second pair are great because Puma Suedes are great.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

quote:

If a Something Awful Goon says your shoes are boring, it usually means that regular Earth Humans will think they look fine. Check out the YLLS footwear thread for some good belly laughs.
\

quote:

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I just noticed that boring shoe guy has "plain" "walker" in his name.

Heh.

Also I looked through the last 5 pages of the footwear thread and it was pretty inoffensive except for some novelty shoes that were posted, so maybe I'm off base here.

EDIT: Except for these, lol

big mean giraffe
Dec 13, 2003

Eat Shit and Die

Lipstick Apathy

Those are great, I wish Puma didn't make such a narrow shoe, they never fit me.

muike
Mar 16, 2011

ガチムチ セブン

where do the last shoes i bought fall on the lovely idiot spectrum

Mu Zeta
Oct 17, 2002

Me crush ass to dust

He was a sk8r boi she said c u l8r boi

GoGoGadgetChris
Mar 18, 2010

i powder a
granite monument
in a soundless flash

showering the grass
with molten drops of
its gold inlay

sending smoking
chips of stone
skipping into the fog
I can't figure out how to embed gifs or html5 or webm or whatever, but just know that I was going to post gladiatorThumbsUpOrDown.gif and you would've been SO OWNED

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

And when you stare long into the abyss, you become aggressively, terminally chill

GoGoGadgetChris posted:

I just noticed that boring shoe guy has "plain" "walker" in his name.

Heh.

Also I looked through the last 5 pages of the footwear thread and it was pretty inoffensive except for some novelty shoes that were posted, so maybe I'm off base here.

EDIT: Except for these, lol

Except these are v dope

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

Coredump posted:

New pair of shoes.

Just wanted to remind everyone I bought these during shoe chat.

Coydog
Mar 5, 2007

Fallen Rib

Coredump posted:

I still cannot deal with how awesome those things are. How narrow are they?

This thread just prompted me to finally grab a pair of these. I have a festival Friday, and needed a pair of simple beater shoes for it anyway.

It's also made me seriously consider these:

Life needs more bright colors.

bummer dude
Jun 20, 2004

duuuude
i got these shoes

Olympic Mathlete
Feb 25, 2011

Coredump posted:

These are so far off the end of the ridiculous scale that they don't really count.

DJ Fuckboy Supreme
Feb 10, 2011

Last four posts all show excellent taste in kicks

JNCO BILOBA
Nov 22, 2005

Yeah I prefer understated shoes but those last few are pretty rad. Dope, even. Might I say.

100% Dundee
Oct 11, 2004
Funded a kickstarter for a backpack. Hopefully I still want a backpack in like 4 months.

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
179$ for a backpack
:chanpop:

(it won't be delivered in 4 months; like any Kickstarter project ever delivered on time)

SgtScruffy
Dec 27, 2003

Babies.

Shoe chat time? Let's do this.

I bought some hiking boots from LL Bean for pretty cheap because I'm going to Iceland in a month. They're pretty ugly. They'll prevent my feet from getting destroyed. I'm good widdit.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SpaceGoatFarts
Jan 5, 2010

sic transit gloria mundi

Nap Ghost
Depending on how seriously and often you plan to hike and if you are going to go in the mountains, buying cheap hiking boots can be a very disappointing experience.

I destroyed twice a cheap pair of hiking shoes (torn off the sole) while in the mountains, 2 days of walk from the nearest city, and I wish that to nobody (the second time I had duct tape, but still, it was terrible)