Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Doctor Goat posted:

Is there anything that's worth a ton of platinum and easy to fence that I might have from Ye Olden Days?

Rhino Prime

:negative:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?

Emalde posted:

Rhino Prime

I got excited for a second but it's Mag Prime I have 3/4 of the parts for. I also have all but one part of Boar Prime, but dang, I want it.

I'm upset that I missed the free Dex Sybaris.

Denzine
Sep 2, 2011

One time, I did a thing.

Doctor Goat posted:

Man it's weird to see things be completely immune to my Ignis. I just got raided by a squad of Arbiters and I actually had to use my Galatine.

Back in my day, Blast Damage was enough for anything. :(

Is there anything that's worth a ton of platinum and easy to fence that I might have from Ye Olden Days?

Magic hats, specifically Excalibur Pendragon, Mag Coil, Trinity Aura, Loki Essence, and Rhino Vanguard hats are all pretty valuable. Check warframe.market for pricing.

edit: Oh and both of Frost's hats.

SectumSempra
Jun 22, 2011

Bi-Han now we've got Bad Blood
I like throwing mags 2 on things and letting my teammates go to town, or just doing it myself.

Fun things to toss at, (even more fun then quanta)
Synoid Simultor
Atmos (probably ignis too then)

I have to say I thought the quick explosion build was good until i saw how ridiculous the AOE damage was from stuff walking into the orb.
It makes door ways into do not cross zones.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
I just got around to ranking up my Mag Prime, and I have discovered that I have no idea how to play Mag, like, at all.

Lprsti99
Apr 7, 2011

Everything's coming up explodey!

Pillbug
Night Equinox running Peaceful Provocation is stupid good. Just hit 3 and run around shotgunning enemies that have become geriatrics.

Just reinforces how dumb and unfun Nullifies are though.

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Ah yes, the anti-fun zone

Kokoro Wish
Jul 23, 2007

Post? What post? Oh wow.
I had nothing to do with THAT.
Ain't nothing wrong with Nullifiers, yo.

Malachite_Dragon
Mar 31, 2010

Weaving Merry Christmas magic
After half a dozen Void Fissure runs tonight, I have gone from 80% to 90% certainty that using void traces to refine relics does absolutely jack poo poo. One goon in the group kept bringing Radiant poo poo, I brought nothing but Intact stuff, and I kept grabbing Uncommons while the RNG shat on him with nothing but commons or Formas. Or, in the case of the Galatine Prime Blade, every common *but* the one he wanted.

Yapping Eevee
Nov 12, 2011

STAND TOGETHER.
FIGHT WITH HONOR.
RESTORE BALANCE.

Eevees play for free.

Malachite_Dragon posted:

After half a dozen Void Fissure runs tonight, I have gone from 80% to 90% certainty that using void traces to refine relics does absolutely jack poo poo. One goon in the group kept bringing Radiant poo poo, I brought nothing but Intact stuff, and I kept grabbing Uncommons while the RNG shat on him with nothing but commons or Formas. Or, in the case of the Galatine Prime Blade, every common *but* the one he wanted.
This has been your daily reminder that fully upgraded relics still have a 50% chance of giving you common poo poo. :eng101: It's a 50/40/10 spread.

Wiki says the un-upgraded chances are 76/22/2, so yeah, I can definitely see that happening.

Doctor Goat
Jan 22, 2005

Where does it hurt?
Daaaaang warframe.market is nice. I picked up Hikou Prime (entirely, minus the Orokin Cells) for 30 platinum and the last part of Boar Prime I needed for 19.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

SectumSempra posted:

I like throwing mags 2 on things and letting my teammates go to town, or just doing it myself.

Fun things to toss at, (even more fun then quanta)
Synoid Simultor
Atmos (probably ignis too then)

Try the detron sometime.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=d_MPFdtp2Ic&t=232s

Gramps
Dec 30, 2006

Doctor Goat posted:

Daaaaang warframe.market is nice. I picked up Hikou Prime (entirely, minus the Orokin Cells) for 30 platinum and the last part of Boar Prime I needed for 19.

It definitely beats sitting in trade chat for 4 hours, that's for sure. I got my sarynP and trinP off of there for a decent price, and I spent about 5 minutes doing so.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

Emalde posted:

Rhino Prime

Look for me online I probably have at least 3 out of four parts collecting dust. Or it's like my latron prime collection and I have all of them. Steam is same as here ign is also same.

Ok so I am on the moon looking for flowers to take pictures of because that is a ninja thing to do. Over 4 missions and zero god drat flowers I did find that nyx makes the sentients delightfully easy. The first pack I ran into I forgot what they were then I remembered the last time I saw one of these it dumpstered me hard. So I say gently caress it and charge them and hit 4 once I was there. A few seconds later I ran out if energy and they were vapor. Did this each time I saw them and it worked. I really love when dumb things work in this game.

Also gently caress those flowers.

brand engager
Mar 23, 2011

They spawn on rocky surfaces like the outdoor starting area.

xyigx
Nov 6, 2012

SperginMcBadposter posted:

They spawn on rocky surfaces like the outdoor starting area.

Oh god drat it I was looking at every glowing bush and rubble pile, it never occurred to me to look outside. drat I feel dumb now.

OneEightHundred
Feb 28, 2008

Soon, we will be unstoppable!

Mithaldu posted:

There's a fairly high level planet you get access to after the Second Dream quest (beware spoilers) which has a defense that quite reliably spits out 2-4 neurodes in a 15 minute run, which you can double with a boost if you really need some neurodes *right now*, but i recommend toughing it out til then.
Fastest way to get neurodes is to run Ivara on exterminates in the Spoiler Zone. Stack power strength and as much damage on your primary weapon as you can, Sleep Arrow the floating disco knives, go Prowl to double-loot them, then use Artemis Bow to mulch them.

That's not "low-level" but it is really fast.

I think neural sensors are the annoying one. They only drop on one planet, and it's all Corpus.

Broose
Oct 28, 2007
Since nobody else posted this: :siren: Orokin Reactor BP alert on for the next 20 minutes :siren: It has probably been up for a while, but I just woke up.

ElegantFugue
Jun 5, 2012

Where does one go to get Tellurium and/or level up Archwing stuff? There's only one Archwing mission every two or three planets. Do you just run the low-level missions over and over again until you can run the higher ones? It doesn't look like there are any endless mission types until Uranus.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

I found that Salacia (Neptune, Mobile Defense) was the least painful way to level archstuff, but the king of tellurium is Ophelia (Uranus, Survival). All submersible maps have tellurium on the drop table, regardless of whether or not you're in your archwing at any point during the mission.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Question:. Does elemental damage do anything extra unless it inflicts a status? Like, say I had a sword with 10% status chance with corrosive damage, would 9/10 of my hits be normal and the tenth be corrosive?

Mercury_Storm
Jun 12, 2003

*chomp chomp chomp*

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Question:. Does elemental damage do anything extra unless it inflicts a status? Like, say I had a sword with 10% status chance with corrosive damage, would 9/10 of my hits be normal and the tenth be corrosive?

No it always does more damage and occasionally does a corrosive status effect which reduces their armor.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Mercury_Storm posted:

No it always does more damage and occasionally does a corrosive status effect which reduces their armor.

Cool. I was thinking of putting a magnetic setup for shields on my secondary.

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

Cool. I was thinking of putting a magnetic setup for shields on my secondary.

Magnetic is a bad damage type, just go toxic to bypass shields completely.

OneEightHundred posted:

Fastest way to get neurodes is to run Ivara on exterminates in the Spoiler Zone. Stack power strength and as much damage on your primary weapon as you can, Sleep Arrow the floating disco knives, go Prowl to double-loot them, then use Artemis Bow to mulch them.

That's not "low-level" but it is really fast.

Mag with magnetize shuts them down incredibly fast to.

Sazero
Nov 27, 2014

The classiest crazy bullshit magic Half-Elf, you'll ever meet.
By the way, for those of you who are grinding the new aura mods:

Specters are guaranteed to drop 1 of their mods
Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm will drop an extra mod.
Nekros Desecrate works.
Apothic sharing is a very good idea.

That is all.

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Sandweed posted:

Magnetic is a bad damage type, just go toxic to bypass shields completely.
I often go magnetic/toxic if I know I'm going up against Corpus and am not too lazy to switch away from my generic do-everything corrosive/cold setup.

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva

Sazero posted:

By the way, for those of you who are grinding the new aura mods:

Specters are guaranteed to drop 1 of their mods
Hydroid with Pilfering Swarm will drop an extra mod.
Nekros Desecrate works.
Apothic sharing is a very good idea.

That is all.

Yeah, a buddy and I ran a few last night and got both Amps and a few stances, it's pretty easy. Plant scanning is still a pain in the dick, though.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

Helter Skelter posted:

I often go magnetic/toxic if I know I'm going up against Corpus and am not too lazy to switch away from my generic do-everything corrosive/cold setup.

I thought corrosive fire was the do everything combo

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

I thought corrosive fire was the do everything combo
Only for people who don't understand how the damage system works (which, in fairness, is most people).

Without going into effortpost and spreadsheet territory, you use cold because it pulls double duty against corpus shields and alloy armor. The latter is important because Bombards and Napalms are A Thing, and cold does more damage against enemies with alloy armor than fire does.

There's a case to be made with going pure viral against corrputed/grineer if you're running a full group with corrosive projection and thus don't have to worry about armor at all, but that's getting into min-max territory and the whole point of this is laziness.

Helter Skelter fucked around with this message at 18:12 on Aug 25, 2016

S.D.
Apr 28, 2008
A Synoid Simulor modded for gas damage will utterly wreck Corpus at the sortie level. Then again, the Synoid Simulor is a pretty ridiculous weapon in general.

Tulip
Jun 3, 2008

yeah thats pretty good

Corrosive-Fire does maximal damage against Heavy Gunners and erodes the armor of Bombards if you don't have full CP, which made it the go-to damage setup for fighting in the void since those were the two dangerous enemies. I still think it's the best damage type for no-braining, since Heat and Corrosive only have damage penalties against the relatively rare P Shield type (Tech, Nullifier, Sniper, Corpus Bosses, and Stalker).

Magnetic is good on status weapons against Corpus, but I have to reiterate that a max toxin Vulkar Wraith will one shot a good chunk of level 100 corpus.

Arrgytehpirate
Oct 2, 2011

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

What's the best place to farm Ocells? I assume you use 2x hydroid a nekros and speed nova right?

Haquer
Nov 15, 2009

That windswept look...

Guy was still angry even after my radiant meso relic dropped a Nikana Prime Blade :v:

Morglon
Jan 13, 2010

Safe and sound, detached from reality.
Just like your posting.
My Boltor Prime is still radiation because that was a thing back then and I don't want to gently caress with it any more. It still does a ton of damage.

Yeah, some guy got angry at me after I told him that invisibility is a crutch for poor players after I did two vaults on my Saryn undetected and he lost his on a Loki.

Gumbel2Gumbel
Apr 28, 2010

So you basically just ignore infested with corrosive and cold?

Helter Skelter
Feb 10, 2004

BEARD OF HAVOC

Gumbel2Gumbel posted:

So you basically just ignore infested with corrosive and cold?

Corrosive handles ancients, the rest don't really matter.

Johnny Joestar
Oct 21, 2010

Don't shoot him?

any infested that isn't an ancient should be easy to kill no matter what you're using

Emalde
May 3, 2007

Just a cage of bones, there's nothing inside.

Morglon posted:

My Boltor Prime is still radiation because that was a thing back then and I don't want to gently caress with it any more. It still does a ton of damage.

Yeah, some guy got angry at me after I told him that invisibility is a crutch for poor players after I did two vaults on my Saryn undetected and he lost his on a Loki.

please dont kick my crutches, i need those

Fish Noise
Jul 25, 2012

IT'S ME, BURROWS!

IT WAS ME ALL ALONG, BURROWS!

xyigx posted:

Oh god drat it I was looking at every glowing bush and rubble pile, it never occurred to me to look outside. drat I feel dumb now.
They're placed to look like they grow in moon dust, so look around outdoors, and when indoors, look for broken up areas where the dust has spilled in, and also in the various orokin plant pots, especially ones that have giant but unscannable versions of the pitcher plants.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Echophonic
Sep 16, 2005

ha;lp
Gun Saliva
Corrosive/Fire is mostly just a thing on shotguns because of Blaze. You're basically stuck with Fire and something or a Fire combo element and something else, like Radiation/Toxic.

Echophonic fucked around with this message at 19:02 on Aug 25, 2016