Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Cumslut1895 posted:

this is bordering on delusional. There are plenty of legitimately ugly people.

turn on ur monitor

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Moridin920
Nov 15, 2007

by FactsAreUseless

Cumslut1895 posted:

nah not to the point that they are unfuckable or undateable

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

killstealing posted:

turn on ur monitor

wow

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

It is probably rare that someone's appearance completely shuts them out of dating, in a way that they can't change by cleaning themselves up a little. But I do have a friend who was born with birth defects (missing about a quarter of his digestive tract and half a lung) which gave him the physique of a starving African child and a bunch of surgical scars. He is very outgoing, has a huge social circle, and is successful in all areas of life outside of dating. With women though he said that he had almost given up trying because as soon as he attempted to flirt they would respond with intense pity, which of course made him feel worse than if they had been mean about the rejection. He never became bitter or 'nice' about it though, which must have been extra hard because he has to see his very attractive twin sister being super promiscuous (people joke that his birth defects are a result of her cannibalising him in the womb).

But there is hope even for people in that position, because recently he finally found someone interested in him. She is a vegan chef so I guess has a thing for the skeleton aesthetic. They seem very happy together so I would say the lesson is to never become so bitter about being rejected by the majority that you aren't open to the love of that special minority who will accept you as you are.

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

Moon Atari posted:

It is probably rare that someone's appearance completely shuts them out of dating, in a way that they can't change by cleaning themselves up a little. But I do have a friend who was born with birth defects (missing about a quarter of his digestive tract and half a lung) which gave him the physique of a starving African child and a bunch of surgical scars. He is very outgoing, has a huge social circle, and is successful in all areas of life outside of dating. With women though he said that he had almost given up trying because as soon as he attempted to flirt they would respond with intense pity, which of course made him feel worse than if they had been mean about the rejection. He never became bitter or 'nice' about it though, which must have been extra hard because he has to see his very attractive twin sister being super promiscuous (people joke that his birth defects are a result of her cannibalising him in the womb).

But there is hope even for people in that position, because recently he finally found someone interested in him. She is a vegan chef so I guess has a thing for the skeleton aesthetic. They seem very happy together so I would say the lesson is to never become so bitter about being rejected by the majority that you aren't open to the love of that special minority who will accept you as you are.

So how much money does he make?

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Moon Atari posted:

But there is hope even for people in that position, because recently he finally found someone interested in him. She is a vegan chef so I guess has a thing for the skeleton aesthetic.

thanks, you made my morning

mind the walrus
Sep 22, 2006

Moon Atari posted:

he said that he had almost given up trying because as soon as he attempted to flirt they would respond with intense pity, which of course made him feel worse than if they had been mean about the rejection.

Yeah pity almost never has a constructive place in social society.

quote:

He never became bitter or 'nice' about it though, which must have been extra hard because he has to see his very attractive twin sister being super promiscuous (people joke that his birth defects are a result of her cannibalising him in the womb).

Those people are diiiiiiiiiiiiiicks holy poo poo.

Cumslut1895 posted:

So how much money does he make?

Not "not enough."

Moon Atari
Dec 26, 2010

mind the walrus posted:

Those people are diiiiiiiiiiiiiicks holy poo poo.

Those people include the sister herself, in a running joke fashion where if he disagrees with her she'll say something like "as soon as you fall asleep I'm gonna finish off the rest of your lower intestine". I should preface most of my anecdotes with an explanation on the australian tendency towards giving each other poo poo and generally being a nation of coarse toilet-mouthed people.

Moon Atari fucked around with this message at 08:19 on Aug 27, 2016

Zzulu
May 15, 2009

(▰˘v˘▰)
If you're ugly you're just playing the game on hardmode, that's all. Just means you gotta get better at it

the game of LIFE :O

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit
we're all suckers who clicked hardcore mode at the char creation screen on our first run through lmao

loving almost ripped to baal the other day, this sucks

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

:parrot::parrot::parrot:

Never give up. Never surrender.

Facebook Aunt
Oct 4, 2008

wiggle wiggle

Cumslut1895 posted:

I didn't know Seinfeld was a goon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-a64OwOYqU

du -hast
Mar 12, 2003

BEHEAD THOSE WHO INSULT GENTOO
I love how this pictures thread contains no pictures :(

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

du -hast posted:

I love how this pictures thread contains no pictures :(

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

haha lol funny

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

yeesh

Frosted Flake
Sep 13, 2011

Semper Shitpost Ubique

I don't understand why Nice Guys would even be on Tinder. Surely lurking in public places would be a better fit.

toiletbrush
May 17, 2010

fappenmeister posted:

Had to diffuse a situation where a nice guy was melting down last night. Screaming blue murder because a girl he was obviously into was going home with someone else. Felt kind of bad for the guy, but at the same time, total fuckwit.
I wanna hear more about this

the future is WOW
Sep 9, 2005

I QUIT!

So she's a dirty whore if she gives out her number indiscriminately, and she's also a dirty whore if she doesn't give her number out at all, then how exactly is she supposed to go about this whole dating thing? I know I shouldn't try and understand the thought process of someone like this but even in a sea of bizarre dude logic this guy stands out. I'd expect something like this to come from a sheltered teenager with an excess of hormones and a lack of experience interacting with women/other people, not what looks to be a man in his mid to late 20s and presumably gainfully employed.

fappenmeister
Nov 19, 2004

My hand wields the might

toiletbrush posted:

I wanna hear more about this

It's not all that interesting really. The nice guy had a few to drink, and kept saying that no one understood him, and kept making weird comments about the lady and the dude, was getting aggressive and was very emotional from what I remember. Didn't know the nice guy, but he was flustered so I pulled him aside to try and calm him down, let him know that it wasn't the end of the world, but apparently I didn't understand, so left him there.

fappenmeister fucked around with this message at 11:45 on Aug 27, 2016

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

The Mentalizer posted:

So she's a dirty whore if she gives out her number indiscriminately, and she's also a dirty whore if she doesn't give her number out at all, then how exactly is she supposed to go about this whole dating thing? I know I shouldn't try and understand the thought process of someone like this but even in a sea of bizarre dude logic this guy stands out. I'd expect something like this to come from a sheltered teenager with an excess of hormones and a lack of experience interacting with women/other people, not what looks to be a man in his mid to late 20s and presumably gainfully employed.

its negging

Benny Harvey
Nov 24, 2012

Moridin920 posted:

nah not to the point that they are unfuckable or undateable

Uv obviously never been to the UK m8

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

Benny Harvey posted:

he meant people not fishspawn

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Cumslut1895 posted:

Only the worst deformities can't be at least improved with plastic surgery. Most people don't have money lying around for that kind of thing, but if a lumpy nose or a too-large chin is ruining life and can be fixed for a few thousand dollars, then it should be a high priority to save up for. Or even put it on credit.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

Zzulu posted:

If you're ugly you're just playing the game on hardmode, that's all. Just means you gotta get better at it

dark souls made me insanely good with women.

cnut
May 3, 2016

E1M1 posted:

We've got more control and choice in our dating lives than ever and we've never been less happy

The tyranny of choice.

lohli
Jun 30, 2008

Benny Harvey posted:

killstealing posted:

he meant people not fishspawn

Mama June is never going to stop being the go-to response when you start poo poo-talking our proud nation of toad-people. :britain:

I don't think it was negging, I think it was someone genuinely doing mental gymnastics to justify the irrational overblown anger that came about from rejection(second-hand in this case).

Guy needs a therapist, or to at least talk about relationships with someone who isn't either a nutter or taking their advice from one.

Fat-Lip-Sum-41.mp3
Nov 15, 2003

Groovelord Neato posted:

dark souls made me insanely good with women.
dating is like dark souls but each time you die you fight a completely different boss with her own unique moveset

can you parry her? you dont know! you never know!

Orange DeviI
Nov 9, 2011

by Hand Knit

lohli posted:

Mama June is never going to stop being the go-to response when you start poo poo-talking our proud nation of toad-people. :britain:

one lovely make-up job away from starring in a movie version of Shadow over Innsmouth

LegoPirateNinja posted:

dating is like dark souls but each time you die you fight a completely different boss with her own unique moveset

a good backhand with a cestus will solve anything

Yorkshire Pudding
Nov 24, 2006

LegoPirateNinja posted:

And when you can't beat the boss you summon a bunch of random guys you find outside her house to gang up on her?

green chicken feet
Nov 5, 2015

spray-paint the vegetables
dog food stalls
with the beefcake pantyhose
Grimey Drawer

Tequila Sunrise posted:

And when you can't beat the boss you summon a bunch of random guys you find outside her house to gang up on her?

or to send her insulting text messages

Cumslut1895
Feb 18, 2015

by FactsAreUseless
and people try to trick you into jumping off cliffs

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

green chicken feet posted:

Only the worst deformities can't be at least improved with plastic surgery. Most people don't have money lying around for that kind of thing, but if a lumpy nose or a too-large chin is ruining life and can be fixed for a few thousand dollars, then it should be a high priority to save up for. Or even put it on credit.

There are many deformities that can't be "fixed" and the attitude that they need to be "fixed" contributes to the poor self-image that leads to people closing off and not developing the skills they need. One of my best friends is an amputee and she's just going to have to be an amputee. But she still puts herself out there a lot better than most people I know.

Ratjaculation
Aug 3, 2007

Correct answer is the waist belt

90% of the majority?!

lol funny stuff

Ugly, insufferable and single

a dog from hell
Oct 18, 2009

by zen death robot

Redmanred posted:

That and decent hygiene.

gently caress off, no one notices unless you smell like a dumpster.

client
Aug 19, 2010

every time i see this thread title i read it to the tune of "Don't Cha" by the pussycat dolls featuring busta rhymes

Salty Josh
Jul 13, 2016

Sometimes there's so much beauty in the world, I feel like I can't take it, and my heart is just going to cave in.
Nap Ghost

client posted:

every time i see this thread title i read it to the tune of "Don't Cha" by the pussycat dolls featuring busta rhymes

drat son. Can't believe you came out with the Busta Rhymes.

Legit as gently caress.

Groovelord Neato
Dec 6, 2014

i see that "i'm single because" one posted by women a lot.

lol but i do like that guy talking bout how he's ugly and hot guys don't have to try when he's probably chasing after dimes.

Megillah Gorilla
Sep 22, 2003

If only all of life's problems could be solved by smoking a professor of ancient evil texts.

Bread Liar

a dog from hell posted:

No, they really do. Go take a shower and brush your teeth you pig.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Breetai
Nov 6, 2005

🥄Mah spoon is too big!🍌

a dog from hell posted:

Clean privilege is never being turned down for oral sex because you haven’t washed away the protective, lubricative, natural oils beneath your foreskin that are supposed to facilitate sex in the first place (smegma).

Clean privilege is being considered more sexually desirable even when you have horribly disfigured genitals. 56% of American males undergo genital mutilation at birth for supposed ‘hygiene’ reasons, as it removes the 'need’ to wash. Our society is so obsessed with unnecessary cleanliness that we actually take a knife to our baby boy’s little winkles to achieve it.

Tags: clean privilege privilege circumcision male genital mutilation sex and love trigger warning child abuse

• Locked thread