Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Are you actually suggesting a chain lynch

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.
D1 Chaaaaain Lyyyyynch

I don't like those, bub.

So far my scum list is comprised of Spiros and Jake, with all the lurkers tied for third.

As far as explanations go, they're in previous posts but Jake was spinning in place throwing mud and Spiros wasn't striking me as genuine.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

Are you actually suggesting a chain lynch

Haha your post hadn't appeared yet when I started typing, it's that Sam hivemind.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Mayor Glowku posted:

Though if you think about it, if we lynch busb and he's not correct we just lynch infi. That's a pretty safe day 1 gambit to think about.

Busb is in the other thread nimrod.

I got a pm about a player from Red Thread

Whether they act on this info or not is up to them

ya big dum dum

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

How new is Glowku? I should have been more specific but if he should know better that chain lynch thing is duuuuuumb. Maybe not scummy, but that remains to be seen.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Glowku is Broku

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Though if you think about it, if we lynch busb and he's not correct we just lynch infi. That's a pretty safe day 1 gambit to think about.

lol

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Whoah Nelly then, not only a chain lynch but a chain lynch suggestion that could only come from not reading the thread.

Yeah okay that's real bad.

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

Infinitum posted:

Busb is in the other thread nimrod.

I got a pm about a player from Red Thread

Whether they act on this info or not is up to them

ya big dum dum

Then... why are you publically posting it? It's to our advantage if a serial killer runs rampant in the enemy thread.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
glowku is obvious scum probably lynch bomb or some poo poo

##vote glowku altho cpig is still on the hook

SirSamVimes
Jul 21, 2008

~* Challenge *~

oh my god ecco's new av

##vote glowku

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

SirSamVimes posted:

oh my god ecco's new av

##vote glowku

Vote finder isn't registering this on my end for some reason

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

HA HA! YOU HAVE CHOSEN POORLY!
thread so big oh god reading.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Glowku is scum. Spiros is probably scum. Taste and Jake are town. Too many straight up white noise posters in this thread to get a read on a lot of people.

Trying to read into PBS (capps? who?) vig is only going to go straight into WIFOM territory. Everything that she's posted afterwards seemed neutral enough, but might still vote for her to avoid a no-lynch.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Infinitum, I don't know where you got that PM from, or even if it exists for reals, but, uh. From the OP:

The OP posted:

This game will consist of two separate twenty-player threads, for a total of forty players. Each thread will be a standard game of mafia. There are no third parties.

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

Want to explain anything?

Iron Chef Ramen
Sep 15, 2007

I'm assuming I probably the only person up right now. My timing should get better when it's not the weekend and I'm not working 16 hour days.

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Glowku is scum. Spiros is probably scum. Taste and Jake are town. Too many straight up white noise posters in this thread to get a read on a lot of people.

Trying to read into PBS (capps? who?) vig is only going to go straight into WIFOM territory. Everything that she's posted afterwards seemed neutral enough, but might still vote for her to avoid a no-lynch.

Who's the worst white noise poster? I can't think of many options because we have so many barely present people. White noise requires being present.

My vote stays on Spiros for now but it could change to Glowku or Jake if needed

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,
I'm going to lose my mind

I'm back from the wedding and catching up

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Infinitum, I don't know where you got that PM from, or even if it exists for reals, but, uh. From the OP:

Guess someone can send random messages from the other side then? :shrug:

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Want to explain anything?

Mitochondria is the powerhouse of the cell

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Infinitum posted:

Just got a note via PM that says Busb is a serial killer.

I thought there were no 3Ps?

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

My bad i need to actually finish a thread before commenting

Dugong
Mar 18, 2013

I don't know what to do,

Mayor Glowku posted:

based on him doing poo poo like this in other games, no. But I want him and other people to comment on it at least.

I just read through pages of people discussing the validity of meta reads and then you dredge this up along with a play that isn't actually possible

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Ugh, last night suuucked.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

Who is up? If you're up I want your top two scum picks with reasoning for both, please, so we can see where people stand and have discussions. Thank you lovies.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

PBS - Do not believe D1 vig that he immediately sets off is town aligned.
Samfucius - Opportunistic and trying to spin Glowku as being a chain lynch advocate
Glowku - Cause he doesn't read the thread and know that busb was in the other thread

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
Glowku - the breadth of knowledge he has is very inconsistent (confused Capps, the major point of discussion D1 w/ Cpig, someone only I have even mentioned) (randomly thought busb was in this game). It leads me to believe that he's a scumbo who is reading scumdoc, but not really focusing on this game itself. I do think he's trying to make obvious mistakes to get lynched - for whatever bad scumbo reason - but we should oblige him because we might as well bite the bullet today.

CPig - gut but if Glowku flips scum, I would fake night cop him because he's scum. (chain lynches ftw)

Diqnol
May 10, 2010

PBS for reasons previous described at length.

Iron Chef Ramen posted:

Here's my second scum pick. Feels the need to comment on the "big names" and hedges his view on both PBS and I which, strangely enough, are the two controversial vote options. It feels like ICR wants us to know where he stands - why is that so important, especially at this stage? Note the lack of attempted waves, too. A solid second option imo.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

Infinitum posted:

PBS - Do not believe D1 vig that he immediately sets off is town aligned.
Samfucius - Opportunistic and trying to spin Glowku as being a chain lynch advocate
Glowku - Cause he doesn't read the thread and know that busb was in the other thread

I HAVENT BEEN PAYING ATTENTION THAT MUCH BECAUSE OF ALL THE STUPID ARGUING ON DAY ONE THAT NORMALLY HAPPENS DAY TWO. SORRY.

And yes I keep getting it mixed up that there's two threads since I'm reading both.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

Glowku - the breadth of knowledge he has is very inconsistent (confused Capps, the major point of discussion D1 w/ Cpig, someone only I have even mentioned) (randomly thought busb was in this game). It leads me to believe that he's a scumbo who is reading scumdoc, but not really focusing on this game itself. I do think he's trying to make obvious mistakes to get lynched - for whatever bad scumbo reason - but we should oblige him because we might as well bite the bullet today.

CPig - gut but if Glowku flips scum, I would fake night cop him because he's scum. (chain lynches ftw)

Accidentally said the wrong name, must be scum. Not paying attention to the thread because of annoying as hell poo poo nitpicking? Scum. Incredibly busy Friday Saturday but still trying to keep up and missing some things? scum. These are all amazing day one reads from forums mafia superstar.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Glowku be my Broku and let me know if you're Scumku

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Li Dawny posted:

Who is up? If you're up I want your top two scum picks with reasoning for both, please, so we can see where people stand and have discussions. Thank you lovies.

1) TT. He really latched onto PBS even though that's how almost every day vig I've ever seen go down. It's a "safe bet" for scum to push on this because it HAPPENED TO HIT TOWN. If it had hit a scum I bet his mouth would be shut.

2) I don't really have another read yet but maybe samfucious cus.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Infinitum posted:

Glowku be my Broku and let me know if you're Scumku

I'm not bro.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

I'm starting reading on this thread how is everybody doing.

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Good, just a lazy cleaning day for me.

Li Dawny
Apr 14, 2013

CCKeane posted:

I think my knee has decided to wage a war of succession on the rest of my body, but otherwise alright.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Mayor Glowku posted:

Good, just a lazy cleaning day for me.

Yeah, I'm in the same vein, about to get a haircut and do some laundry.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Li Dawny posted:

I think my knee has decided to wage a war of succession on the rest of my body, but otherwise alright.

Knee and shoulders are real rear end in a top hat parts of the body IMO.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

CCKeane posted:

Knee and shoulders are real rear end in a top hat parts of the body IMO.

the rear end in a top hat is also an rear end in a top hat body part

• Locked thread