Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Tab8715 posted:

I never played Battlefront - what did :dice: do wrong?

I play a tiny bit last night and while my team lost defending it was an enjoyable experience going 20-3 every time because nobody knows the maps at all.

The guns and other game mechanics were boring, but it felt and looked good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

Tab8715 posted:

I never played Battlefront - what did :dice: do wrong?

Weapons sucked, no real class or loadout system. No squads. Gamemodes were all basically rush and all the maps were designed around that fact. BF1 is much better game.

Randler posted:

Without Battlelog, does Battlefield One still allow for creative emblem creation like BF4?

Battlelog is being replaced but most of its functionality will remain intact. You noticed the stylized country emblems on your guns? In the final game those should be your customized emblems.

bathhouse
Apr 21, 2010

We're getting into a rhythm now
Can you still queue for another server while in game? This is important. Is it 5 o'clock yet?

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Popelmon posted:

Ugh Rush is literally unplayable. Nobody has ANY idea how the mode works, I just had a game where everyone but me and one brave medic were loving snipers.
What do you want to bet that snipers love rush because the other team can't come into the uncap and melee them?

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Oh god the little Renault tank is so good :neckbeard: . Nobody knows about the canister shot yet, they all die while trying to get into C4/grenade range. I'm in love!

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LRwi_X3ZD8E

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy
I'm loving this. I think the guns feel better than the ones in BF4, which all started to run together after a while. Here the guns all feel fairly distinct and have a beautiful weight to them.

The heavy tank is so OP right now if you take a cautious approach with it and duck out of the fight to repair periodically. I'm sure that'll change as players get used to this new AT-4-less universe. Crawling around the map canister shotting dudes is intoxicatingly fun.

But hey, I had a good time in the Hardline beta, too, so I don't trust myself. But I have a feeling I'll be buying this.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Pretty sure OP Syringe is gone now, RIP my good friend you were the most bestest melee weapon.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
Can you actually get class ranks in the beta? I really want to try the shotgun but none of my class levels are moving in any way :(.

humpthewind
Jan 8, 2007

Noblest of all dogs is the hot-dog; it feeds the hand that bites it.
I'm either blind dumb or both, is there a console thread?

keyframe
Sep 15, 2007

I have seen things
Is the open beta later tonight or tomorrow?

MagusDraco
Nov 11, 2011

even speedwagon was trolled

Popelmon posted:

Can you actually get class ranks in the beta? I really want to try the shotgun but none of my class levels are moving in any way :(.

It sounds like it's busted and you get class level points for 1 round at a server and then need to go to a different server.

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
This has to be one of the worst maps of all time

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Popelmon posted:

I got Medic to level 2 tonight and unlocked Rifle Grenades, so it's working at least some of the time.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008

UncleSmoothie posted:

I got Medic to level 2 tonight and unlocked Rifle Grenades, so it's working at least some of the time.

Do you have to do something different to get class exp? I'm rank 11 now and haven't got any class promotions.

AEMINAL
May 22, 2015

barf barf i am a dog, barf on your carpet, barf
18 hours, later still no key. I'm betting they will extend the beta due to the gently caress up on their part.

A lot of people are still waiting :(

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
3 more hours and I can play with my bros. :3:

Duck_King
Sep 5, 2003

leader.bmp

Eonwe posted:

3 more hours and I can play with my bros. :3:

Same. Stupid having a job bullshit.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

The timer is kinda lovely. Had a few matches where we would have had a comeback but the timer ended the match too soon.

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

DeadlyHalibut posted:

Do you have to do something different to get class exp? I'm rank 11 now and haven't got any class promotions.

Not sure, tbh. The UI doesn't seem to call out any difference between kit xp and regular xp. I've done a lot of heals and a lot of vehicle kills, I guess?

Double Bill
Jan 29, 2006

I wish tanks weren't repairable, that'd make heroic AT plays more meaningful. Sacrificing myself to take out its tracks feels pretty pointless when it can be back in action within seconds.

Knifegrab
Jul 30, 2014

Gadzooks! I'm terrified of this little child who is going to stab me with a knife. I must wrest the knife away from his control and therefore gain the upperhand.

Double Bill posted:

I wish tanks weren't repairable, that'd make heroic AT plays more meaningful. Sacrificing myself to take out its tracks feels pretty pointless when it can be back in action within seconds.

:same:

Mandatory Assembly
May 25, 2008

it's time to get juche
Lipstick Apathy

Double Bill posted:

They should at least separate the job of tank driving and tank repair. It's too easy to single-handedly keep a tank alive if you're cautious.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Double Bill posted:

I'm more not a huge fan how much damage the emergency repair brings back and oh yeah also instantly fixes tracks/guns.

Trump
Jul 16, 2003

Cute

Popelmon posted:

Ugh Rush is literally unplayable. Nobody has ANY idea how the mode works, I just had a game where everyone but me and one brave medic were loving snipers.

I just had a round where the dude in the heavy tank just plinked away at the mountains. And no, he wasn't aiming for snipers.

On the other hand, another round I had the heavy tank the entire time and lol is that thing a beast. Unless there are some better AT weapons hidden away as unlocks, DICE is going to change the tanks, no doubt.

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost
The vehicle horns are louder and more obnoxious than the jeep horns in BF4. A true upgrade. SOUND THE HORNS OF GOONDOR!!!!

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

DoctorStrangelove posted:

Weapons sucked, no real class or loadout system. No squads. Gamemodes were all basically rush and all the maps were designed around that fact. BF1 is much better game.

Battlelog is being replaced but most of its functionality will remain intact. You noticed the stylized country emblems on your guns? In the final game those should be your customized emblems.

Battlefront is actually cool and good and I will kick your rear end in Cargo. As for Fighter Squadron...you will pray for death if you meet me on there... In fact it's quite possible you sucked at the game.

Speaking of airplanes, how's the flight combat? If spawning into a bomber forces you into a certain pilot class, is that discouraging using it as a mobile spawn point? In the videos I saw a month or so ago people were just jumping right out, which is bad since the bombers are so fragile and need people on those guns.

Feenix
Mar 14, 2003
Sorry, guy.

Popelmon posted:

Conquest owns though. Load up an armored clowncar and run over the wookies.

It's an open beta of a new setting. For a couple days, you're just gonna have random yahoos checking poo poo out and loving around.

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Speaking of airplanes, how's the flight combat? If spawning into a bomber forces you into a certain pilot class, is that discouraging using it as a mobile spawn point? In the videos I saw a month or so ago people were just jumping right out, which is bad since the bombers are so fragile and need people on those guns.

Gunner seats do not have the pilot class restriction, you spawn in as the class you've chosen, so you can use the bombers and attack planes as mobile taxi. As for flying, the bomber has way more HP than in the alpha, taking it down with a single fighter takes several passes of machine gun fire. I actually survived for a whole round as a bomber!

shut up blegum
Dec 17, 2008

--->Plastic Lawn<---

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Only the pilot spawns as a special class. You can spawn in planes as whatever class you want, as long as someone else is flying them.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

Rolling Scissors posted:

Gunner seats do not have the pilot class restriction, you spawn in as the class you've chosen, so you can use the bombers and attack planes as mobile taxi. As for flying, the bomber has way more HP than in the alpha, taking it down with a single fighter takes several passes of machine gun fire. I actually survived for a whole round as a bomber!

Hell yea, good to hear

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Game really needs that ammo and health pickup feature from Hardline. Literally dumped the last fifty rounds from my sentry class gun while spamming "need" ammo to our only support player for 30 seconds.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

moist turtleneck posted:

If you're xbone you should come to the Slack Channel for Cool Bros. Send me a PM so we can get out of this thread before the PC players start talking about dumb poo poo like video drivers and keyboards

I'll join the xbone bros.

Plan Z posted:

The timer is kinda lovely. Had a few matches where we would have had a comeback but the timer ended the match too soon.

I hope the limited time in the round is just a beta thing, I want 800 ticket rounds.

moist turtleneck
Jul 17, 2003

Represent.

Dinosaur Gum
Post your email or get platinum and pm me

Gordong Dongbay
Oct 18, 2007

by FactsAreUseless
Xbox One open beta launches tonight at midnight correct?

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Yeah, so apparently nobody can get the locked guns quite yet.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

Plan Z posted:

This is incorrect.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin

Plan Z posted:

Nope, we just had someone with the shotgun on our server. He murdered EVERYONE on C. That thing is like the fist of god. Better than the smg in literally every way. I need it!

Looks like melee is insanely broken too (in a fun way). The "oh god I'm getting stabbed" animation starts long, long before the blade is even anywhere near the body (I had instances where someone in front of me entered the animation a solid 2 seconds before I actually stabbed them). It's a bit annoying because it makes melee far superior to just shooting anyone up close but it's also great because it leads to really cool melee fight clubs near objectives.

DeadlyHalibut
May 31, 2008
Huh, my class unlocks started working all of a sudden now. Either it takes a long time or it was bugged before. :shrug:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

eleven extra elephants
Feb 16, 2007

Menschliches! Allzumenschliches!!

Plan Z posted:

Game really needs that ammo and health pickup feature from Hardline. Literally dumped the last fifty rounds from my sentry class gun while spamming "need" ammo to our only support player for 30 seconds.

Yeah,I've been trying very unsuccessfully to play a medic but any survival goes out the window when nobody else uses any of their class specialties and I'm running around with 0 ammo. Can't wait to play with some friends instead.