Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的

Rolling Scissors posted:

Yeah it definitely feels like head glitching is back. DICE Sweden has thrown out most of the improvements DICE LA made for BF4, like the headglitching fix, squad leader idle demotion just the top of my head.

I didn't play Battlefront, did it have the headglitch fixes? I'm assuming Hardline did, but BF4/BFH/SWBF/BF1 were all being worked on at the same time so I'm curious how much they all have in common in this regard.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Rolling Scissors posted:

Yeah it definitely feels like head glitching is back. DICE Sweden has thrown out most of the improvements DICE LA made for BF4, like the headglitching fix, squad leader idle demotion just the top of my head.

:dice:

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
There is no head glitching in Battlefront that I ever saw or am aware of.

Here's a cool dice smiley anyway: :dice:

Rap Three Times
Aug 2, 2013

Thrice, not twice, nay not four times either.
Grimey Drawer

Popelmon posted:

I'm really starting to like support. Just hang out around C, put trip mines in house entrances and NEVER stop throwing gas grenades. Grab your gas mask and the trench MG and start hunting.

Any Europeans want to group up for a bit? Add me on Origin! (my name is P0pelmon on there)

I added you. People add me too if ye so please. Origin Name: NevermindNev

Disclaimer: I suck at shooty games and this is my first BF game. Enjoying the Beta though.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Psion posted:

a realistic re-enactment of air combat, circa 1915:
https://fat.gfycat.com/ColorlessMarvelousDikkops.webm

Looking forward to battalion wars 3. consider this preordered.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

pedro0930 posted:

It's probably a bug. Plus only passenger weapon is effected. The driver still has the same gun and secondary skill which is the most important.

What's with locational damage in BF1? It seems hitting a tank in the side or rear at most does 50% extra damage. I also can't consistently do critical hit except taking out the heavy tank's side weapon. I guess they want tanks to have more survivibility up close instead of fighting at lomg range?

Locational damage is weird. I hit a tank in its head with a light grenade and got a turret disabled. I've never gotten one during light versus light combat though.

Griz
May 21, 2001

Party Plane Jones posted:

I think the thing I'm pissed most about is that they finally have gotten rid of jihad jeeps since dynamite doesn't stick (assuming there isn't some form of sticky dynamite in the game, natch)

dynamite wasn't sticky in BF1942 either, you had to drop it in a spot where it wouldn't fall out, like the back seat of a jeep.

The Shame Boy
Jan 27, 2014

Dead weight, just like this post.

Yeah dynamite is a bit weird, unless it's just the locational damage on vehicles that is weird, i dropped all 3 of my dynamite on a light tank, on different spots because i was in a hurry and all 3 of them combined only did like 75 damage total i think? They really want to hammer in the use of those anti-tank grenades don't they?

The Shame Boy fucked around with this message at 02:33 on Sep 7, 2016

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

rap music posted:

That's exactly how K bullets should be used imo. Repair interruption. Except in the case of armored cars where a couple of snipers can very quickly destroy it.

One scout is more than enough to ruin an armoured car, the turret seems to be the weakspot. K bullets are absolutely worthless against planes, you do the same damage with normal ammo.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Kgfm0OzvHbM

pedro0930 posted:

It's probably a bug. Plus only passenger weapon is effected. The driver still has the same gun and secondary skill which is the most important.

What's with locational damage in BF1? It seems hitting a tank in the side or rear at most does 50% extra damage. I also can't consistently do critical hit except taking out the heavy tank's side weapon. I guess they want tanks to have more survivibility up close instead of fighting at lomg range?

It's really noticeable with the mark IV because the tank hunter sponsons can blow up a light tank in a single volley but a pubbie will somehow force their way inside and suddenly make it a five seat tank with stubby cannons.

You can shoot out treads with the tank gewehr in one shot, otherwise most instances of locational damage I've witnessed have been in close quarters.

HOOLY BOOLY posted:

Yeah dynamite is a bit weird, unless it's just the locational damage on vehicles that is weird, i dropped all 3 of my dynamite on a light tank, on different spots because i was in a hurry and all 3 of them combined only did like 75 damage total i think? They really want to hammer in the use of those anti-tank grenades don't they?

I haven't used the dynamite extensively but it feels like it does roughly the same amount of damage as a heavy AT nade, up to 40 damage on a direct hit with high radius falloff.

Delacroix fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Sep 7, 2016

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax
is there a support primary that doesnt suck dog dick?

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

Robot Randy posted:

Nope. They're all pretty much crap. That's why there's never ammo.

Sidesaddle Cavalry
Mar 15, 2013

Oh Boy Desert Map
The correct support primary is the Russian 1896 from being cavalry

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Sidesaddle Cavalry posted:

The correct support primary is the Russian 1896 from being cavalry

It is both hilarious and sad a late 19th century weapon is currently more lethal than the light machine guns of the game at the moment.

jizzy sillage
Aug 13, 2006

The Benét–Mercié is ridiculously accurate after a few rounds of firing but the TTK on the support guns is pretty bad yeah.

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

Just release the game right now

https://clips.twitch.tv/byzehg/CrowdedBadgerMVGame

Schneider Inside Her
Aug 6, 2009

Please bitches. If nothing else I am a gentleman
EA know how to get me to buy battlefield games, and that is by setting up an open beta. I will probably pick this up a few months after release, when the most glaring bugs are hopefully ironed out.

My cycle with battlefield games seems to be purchase them, play heaps, become frustrated by DLC splitting the playerbase, quit, play open beta for new release, become hooked, purchase new battlefield.

Gonkish
May 19, 2004

They're really looking to speed that cycle up by charging 80 bucks for the season pass, too.

Robot Randy
Dec 31, 2011

by Lowtax

Gonkish posted:

They're really looking to speed that cycle up by charging 80 bucks for the season pass, too.

80$? Jesus christ, I shelled out for premium for 3 and 4 pretty close to release but thats just goddamn insane

Owl Inspector
Sep 14, 2011

It's about 60 in USD, which is a ton unless they put a lot of content into those packs

verbal enema
May 23, 2009

onlymarfans.com
rank 36 what yall at

New Concept Hole
Oct 10, 2012

東方動的
Rank 40 and 14 hours played

New Zealand can eat me
Aug 29, 2008

:matters:

13h / 34

Rolling Scissors
Jul 22, 2005

Turn off the fountain dear, it's just me.
Nap Ghost
Beta update just now, what what.

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

Rolling Scissors posted:

Beta update just now, what what.

YEP!

Having an amazing match, maybe the best match I've ever played in a Battlefield game! And then "You Have Lost Connection To The EA Servers".

FUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
So uh it's not connecting with o the server every time I click the button

Should I just play pokemon go a mobile trash game for children in the meantime

Alan Smithee
Jan 4, 2005

A man becomes preeminent, he's expected to have enthusiasms.

Enthusiasms, enthusiasms...
I imagine it's discussed to death but I feel like all things being equal England will win all the time because point is so rerardedlt easy for them to take and hold. Not true of G

Sandweed
Sep 7, 2006

All your friends are me.

Rolling Scissors posted:

Fake reload is back to.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe
Support really either needs better accuracy, slower overheat, or faster TTK for its guns (or all of the above). There's not a lot of point to going support when you're going to be sniped by snipers and/or medics with scopes as soon as you open up.

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

Support really either needs better accuracy, slower overheat, or faster TTK for its guns (or all of the above). There's not a lot of point to going support when you're going to be sniped by snipers and/or medics with scopes as soon as you open up.
Literally the only way to play support is nade spam and chop-chop your way through. One bang people with the pistol (or use gas grenades) then smack'em, or stick to AT grenades to armor doesn't gently caress you so bad.

Popelmon
Jan 24, 2010

wow
so spin
God I love the Russian 1895. Who needs a sniper rifle when you have this badboy?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eOk12lJXLdU

Also, I love to hang out on the building on the corner between D and B when I'm on the British team. Just click on scope-glares all day and collect those beautiful countersniping boni.

Edit:

Plan Z posted:

So I played with some nice goons the other night asking for flying tips. I couldn't really do it since I'm on push-to-talk and fly with a controller. Here are a few, I guess if anyone wants to get into it (most of these apply to the fighter. The bomber's kind of poo on this map):

-Don't always bank turn. It's alright for some instances, but more of than not you'll miss your target or lose altitude, resulting in less time to line up a shot. The best is to do an Immelman-style maneuver to turn around for a ground attack. To start, it's easier to line up. If you're doing a bank turn, you most likely won't know what angle or distance you'll be approaching your target. An Immelman helps because it means you'll be turning around to the zone directly behind you, and you'll be approaching it from high in the air, giving you extra time to find targets and line up shots. As for doing it, make sure your target is behind you, then gun the speed for a few seconds, then pull up. When you're pointing straight up, pull your speed all the way down. All of this will make sure you get the distance from your target and not lose that distance. Then simply roll level. Your target should be below you at the angle you want with plenty of time to spot and shoot.

-Let some targets go. If you think you can't hit that tank on this run, it's better to do that Immelman and give yourself a better chance rather than burying your plane against the ground on the first try.

Thanks for this btw. Using the Immelman really helps a lot.

Popelmon fucked around with this message at 13:57 on Sep 7, 2016

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry
as the worst kind of shameless and despised jetsperg I was excited to try out the planes in this, but gently caress flying w/ a controller or m/kb. atleast joystick support should be in the game at release this time around since it has control options in the settings, but right now in the beta it doesnt seem to recognize input from any kind of stick

Truck Stop Daddy
Apr 17, 2013

A janitor cleans the bathroom

Muldoon
Kb+kb still works great

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something
A jetsperg would know that top jetspergers use m/kb only.

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Robot Randy posted:

The guns are good if you are able to use the bipod. Of course this isn't always an option so you will be murdered horribly by everyone. And even then a good medic / recon can gently caress your poo poo up because getting more accurate as you fire is a stupid mechanic.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Yeah support guns just need something done to them to make them worth using. It feels like Battlefield Heroes now!

Bohemian Nights
Jul 14, 2006

When I wake up,
I look into the mirror
I can see a clearer, vision
I should start living today
Clapping Larry

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

A jetsperg would know that top jetspergers use m/kb only.

I was better with the joystick than the vast majority of other jetspergs so w/e!!!

seriously tho, it's obviously a complete matter of preference and the actually best jet pilots in 3 and 4 DID use mkb, but the joystick owns and is a lot more fun i think

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

I do hope the Dreadnaught behemoth can sail anywhere it wants in the sea map. If so, that'll be class.

pnutz
Jan 5, 2015

SeanBeansShako posted:

Yeah support guns just need something done to them to make them worth using. It feels like Battlefield Heroes now!

except without an ability to heal yourself every so many times you hit someone :p

SeanBeansShako posted:

I do hope the Dreadnaught behemoth can sail anywhere it wants in the sea map. If so, that'll be class.

I want an allied dreadnaught instead of a repainted bayern, it would also be fun if you could load the whole team up and use all the smaller-calibre guns on the sides :black101:

NuckmasterJ
Aug 9, 2008
Grimey Drawer

verbal enema posted:

rank 36 what yall at

Rank 39, 14 hours.

The Support gun that has the optics on it is really good. It has that weird sideways magazine that feeds through the rifle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dezztroy
Dec 28, 2012
FK 96, the all-purpose cannon.

https://fat.gfycat.com/UnitedPastelItalianbrownbear.webm

https://fat.gfycat.com/BronzeLinedAmmonite.webm

Dezztroy fucked around with this message at 15:08 on Sep 7, 2016