Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

DoctorWhat
Nov 18, 2011

A little privacy, please?
Suspect is hatless. I repeat, hatless!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DACK FAYDEN
Feb 25, 2013

Bear Witness
loving SAMSON Oak?!

Super No Vacancy
Jul 26, 2012

I am glad they retconned away professor oak's blackface habit for the western audience

mandatory lesbian
Dec 18, 2012

ZenMasterBullshit posted:

OP please add 'You can go hatless' to the OP cause we learned about it over 2 months ago and it still generates the occasional derail.

Crosspeice posted:

If you read the OP, you'll know that I've already done that.

owned

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

you don't deserve to call yourself a pokemon trainer if you aren't wearing a hat

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

Please add this to the OP:

McDragon
Sep 11, 2007

On the subject of giraffes, nice timing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37311716

Also I had another look at the revealed pokemon so far and I remembered Komala. :3:

Stagger_Lee
Mar 25, 2009
Samson Oak: Wasting Away Again in Makuhita-ville

pik_d
Feb 24, 2006

follow the white dove

TRP Post of the Month October 2021

McDragon posted:

On the subject of giraffes, nice timing:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/science-environment-37311716

Also I had another look at the revealed pokemon so far and I remembered Komala. :3:

After reading this thread:

Dr Janke commented: "We've clearly completely forgotten what a giraffe is."

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

DoctorWhat posted:

Suspect is hatless. I repeat, hatless!

I have dreamed of this day.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

Geokinesis posted:

Please add this to the OP:

A Pretentious Owl
Mar 31, 2011

EB: it is true, it is a fact from an alien.
So we know they've been hyping up Rockruff, and that there's something special about it. I just saw this on pokeshopper:

It's a leaked image of a Rockruff plush, with two secret editions or formes. I had been operating under the assumption that its uniqueness was going to come from evolution, but it looks like Rockruff himself might, like, vary based on the z-stone he's holding, something like that? We will see!

Edit: whoops on mobile, pasted wrong image link!

Zodack
Aug 3, 2014

A Pretentious Owl posted:

It's a leaked image of a Rockruff plush, with two secret editions or formes. I had been operating under the assumption that its uniqueness was going to come from evolution, but it looks like Rockruff himself might, like, vary based on the z-stone he's holding, something like that? We will see!

I mentioned a few pages back that his color looks striking similar to Z-stones, so it would be cool if he got forms or evolutions based on holding them or using Z-moves.

Harlock
Jan 15, 2006

Tap "A" to drink!!!

Crosspeice posted:

We can wear Dexio's shirt.
Never have I been so excited to not have to wear a stupid hat

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe
So to be brown do you have to tan your little white boy for an hour in a sunny area or can you actually just be brown now.

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

What? Are you confusing Pokemon with Animal Crossing? You could pick your skintone in XY.

Deified Data
Nov 3, 2015

Fun Shoe

Waffleman_ posted:

What? Are you confusing Pokemon with Animal Crossing? You could pick your skintone in XY.

I completely forgot and you are correct

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

The hat hate in this thread needs to stop.

Rudoku
Jun 15, 2003

Damn I need a drink...

sharrrk posted:

The hat hate in this thread needs to stop.

I fuckin hate hats. My little character is gonna be the blackest, baldest, hatlessiest guy in Alola.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

I wouldn't have been so disappointed about being unable to remove hats in XY if the hats offered had been better.

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

It's not about hate it's about representation. I'm hatless. I've been hatless all my life. I was born hatless. I'll die hatless. And for the first time ever I can finally play as a character that looks like me in a Pokemon game.

Bongo Bill
Jan 17, 2012

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

It's not about hate it's about representation. I'm hatless. I've been hatless all my life. I was born hatless. I'll die hatless. And for the first time ever I can finally play as a character that looks like me in a Pokemon game.

this is a good post

Ms. Unsmiley
Feb 13, 2012

None of you would last a day in the Pokemon world

Big Bad Beetleborg
Apr 8, 2007

Things may come to those who wait...but only the things left by those who hustle.

I'm just jealous because hat's never look good on me IRL and I resent the little anime boy

Pomplamoose
Jun 28, 2008

Pokemen Megathread 7.0: Hatless Shrugged

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
From what little I know of it I already hate Rockruff and seems like they're again trying to pull a lucario with him

Manatee Cannon
Aug 26, 2010

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

Classtoise
Feb 11, 2008

THINKS CON-AIR WAS A GOOD MOVIE

Sebadoh Gigante posted:

loving incredible

SyntheticPolygon
Dec 20, 2013

Calaveron posted:

From what little I know of it I already hate Rockruff and seems like they're again trying to pull a lucario with him

He's a cute pupper.

Alfalfa The Roach
Oct 13, 2012

You need to be a badass first.

Calaveron posted:

There are people in this world who hate Rockruff?

cheetah7071
Oct 20, 2010

honk honk
College Slice
Hair looks better than hats

Sea Lily
Aug 5, 2007

Everything changes, Pit.
Even gods.

Rockruff is cute and a good dog

but if he gets a lucario style Dog Man evolution its okay to dislike that one

Calaveron
Aug 7, 2006
:negative:
I dunno he's cute and all but I don't like it when they push particular pokemon for marketing purposes. Feels too artificial. Like why didn't they market Joltic like it, that fella is cute as all hell.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

rockruff has had 0 push since its reveal other than that there's something special about it that the starters share

Ethiser
Dec 31, 2011

I initially just thought he was going to be a fun rock dog I could catch on an early route.

Ruggington
Apr 21, 2012

and it's a cute rock dog that I hope is good because fast rock types are 💯

Improbable Lobster
Jan 6, 2012

What is the Matrix 🌐? We just don't know 😎.

Buglord
Joltik is perfect

dungeon cousin
Nov 26, 2012

woop woop
loop loop
People shouldn't be forced to wear hats, but Pokemon should definitely wear hats.

oddium
Feb 21, 2006

end of the 4.5 tatami age

who's the girl with all the butterflies

it's oddium~

thanks pentaro !!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kinu Nishimura
Apr 24, 2008

SICK LOOT!
i'm very glad about the cute twintail hairstyle