Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

Metal Ray Sunshine posted:

Im curious if they might give her Susan Egan's voice, and/or name her Susan/Susie in reference to Rose's voice.

Also, if they decide to keep her around, I'm curious if they will use it as a way to visit the idea of "Parent has been single for a long time after other parent died, so its time to start dating! How will the kid react?" Knowing how much Rose and Pearl meant to each other, there might be some complicated feelings about her moving on to another girl who is similar. Or they could subvert it and have Steven be totally supportive, considering he hates seeing birdmom so sad

I think Steven will be fully supportive. He's seen firsthand how badly Pearl has been unable to let go; as he said, she did almost let him die over it. Bird Mom finally moving on would be a relief.

Also, I think Pearl will at some point realize the irony of her falling in love with a human, just like she hated happened with Rose.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

I'm not sure if I saw this here or reddit but it should be here.

Andrew_1985
Sep 18, 2007
Hay hay hay!
That episode was amazing. I couldn't believe they showed Pearl driving dangerously, breaking the law and getting away with it. Super enjoyable though.

Meanwhile I just joined the SU train a few weeks back after binging the entire series. Can I buy Garnet's song anywhere?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

MrSlam posted:

It's going to get super weird when she gives her Rose's dress and sword and tries to teach her how to command others in battle.

"That's it, S! Tell me how to defeat the corrupted gem!"
"I...don't know? I'm a loan officer!"
"No, you taught me we could be whatever we choose to be!"

I'm kinda hoping pearl's relationship explodes in flames because she's basically using pearlfriend as a replacement gold-fish and also because she refuses to 'lower' herself to doing human stuff the majority of the time which is very much expected of you when you're literally dating a human.

Zonekeeper
Oct 27, 2007

Andrew_1985 posted:

That episode was amazing. I couldn't believe they showed Pearl driving dangerously, breaking the law and getting away with it. Super enjoyable though.

Meanwhile I just joined the SU train a few weeks back after binging the entire series. Can I buy Garnet's song anywhere?

No, but you can get it free on the Soundcloud of Aivi and Surasshu. (who do most of the music for the show)

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Wallrod posted:

Let's be honest, everyone's felt this way about pants at some point

I had to wrestle with my jeans last night, true story.

Motherfucker posted:

I'm kinda hoping pearl's relationship explodes in flames because she's basically using pearlfriend as a replacement gold-fish and also because she refuses to 'lower' herself to doing human stuff the majority of the time which is very much expected of you when you're literally dating a human.

She's actually trying to break out of her shell and try human stuff for a change why are you wishing for a cool queer relationship that doesn't even exist yet to implode you jerk :mad:

Queer people can have good and happy things happen in their lives. It doesn't all have to be cosmic irony and terrible sadness for Pearl.

Philip Rivers fucked around with this message at 15:42 on Sep 9, 2016

Oxygen Deficiency
May 19, 2008

I laughed pretty hard at the handshake.

Krakox
Oct 9, 2012
I hope mystery girl and pearl forge a friendship through times of good and bad. Maybe mystery girl is like 'oh wait i look like your ex??' and that's dramatic, then pearl is like 'i'm trying new things and it's hard sometimes' and then they remain good friends. I hope she's recurring because it'd be nice for humans to still be interesting to the gems.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
Well who am I supposed to ship Mayor Dewey with now? Sadie's mom?

Fake edit: Actually that would make for an interesting episode. Lars having to deal with Sadie and Buck becoming siblings.

InequalityGodzilla
May 31, 2012

Philip Rivers posted:

I had to wrestle with my jeans last night, true story.

She's actually trying to break out of her shell and try human stuff for a change why are you wishing for a cool queer relationship that doesn't even exist yet to implode you jerk :mad:

Queer people can have good and happy things happen in their lives. It doesn't all have to be cosmic irony and terrible sadness for Pearl.
I'm not sure if you really understand Pearl's role on the show. :colbert:

In all seriousness though, I doubt Pearl will project that much onto Mystery Girl but I'd say the odds of her accidentally referring to MG as "Rose" at some point or another are about 80%.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

I ship Greg and Barb.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off

InequalityGodzilla posted:

In all seriousness though, I doubt Pearl will project that much onto Mystery Girl but I'd say the odds of her accidentally referring to MG as "Rose" at some point or another are about 80%.

I hope Mystery Girl becomes a recurring support character next season, so we can see her reactions to things like:
  • Pearl's tiny middle-schooler swordfighting protege who battles monsters 8x her size
  • The flying island where Pearl teaches Connie how to kill
  • Stevonnie
  • Amethyst's Room
  • The guy from those burger commercials

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

deadly_pudding posted:

I hope Mystery Girl becomes a recurring support character next season, so we can see her reactions to things like:
  • Pearl's tiny middle-schooler swordfighting protege who battles monsters 8x her size
  • Stevonnie
  • Amethyst's Room

"Remember that time the ocean was stolen? Well she lives in this barn now."

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

InequalityGodzilla posted:

Hasn't she referred to Steven and Connie as Rose before?

deadly_pudding posted:

• Stevonnie
  • Amethyst's Room

and

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Pearl and S. are out at a show and S. punches out some creep who won't leave Pearl alone. Please let this be an episode. :pray:

RedMagus
Nov 16, 2005

Male....Female...what does it matter? Power is beautiful, and I've got the power!
Grimey Drawer
I kinda love that Greg plays cards with the other parents.

I wonder what kind of table talk goes on. The ST:TNG poker table parts were always great, so I hope we see that in a future episode.

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
s might be big and punk but she's also an unflinching pacifist

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

Philip Rivers posted:

Pearl and S. are out at a show and S. punches out Mayor Dewey who won't leave Pearl alone. Please let this be an episode. :pray:

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Pearl and S. kiss.

That is the episode.

Just a kiss, for 11 full, uninterrupted minutes.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

:agreed:

Cavelcade
Dec 9, 2015

I'm actually a boy!

Philip Rivers posted:

Pearl and S. are out at a show and S. punches out some creep who won't leave Pearl alone. Please let this be an episode. :pray:

Pearl is confused. "He couldn't harm me, you know. I keep telling you I'm made of light. Still...it was very...mmm..."

Junpei Hyde posted:

Pearl and S. kiss.

That is the episode.

Just a kiss, for 11 full, uninterrupted minutes.

Good episode. Might be the only way to raise the gay levels.

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Cavelcade posted:

Pearl is confused. "He couldn't harm me, you know. I keep telling you I'm made of light. Still...it was very...mmm..."

Good episode. Might be the only way to raise the gay levels.

Well, you see, in the adult swim special episode...

Mr.Pibbleton
Feb 3, 2006

Aleuts rock, chummer.

The Lord of Hats posted:

Horrible suggestion.

All Mayor Dewey ever did was say hello multiple times and try to start up a conversation.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

S. and Rose aren't exact clones of each other, Pearl is just into big girls giant women with pink hair.
Also I get the impression that a lot of any future exposure to mystery girl will be second-hand, and they'll run with her not really speaking on-screen at all.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

It's set up so that it can develop off screen through flirty texts at whatever pace they want but I don't think they would do that and not have any intention of giving her any screen time. Ruby and Sapphire aren't enough to satisfy this show's quota of girls laughing and being blushy.

deadly_pudding
May 13, 2009

who the fuck is scraeming
"LOG OFF" at my house.
show yourself, coward.
i will never log off
I just realized something about Bad Pearl.

Those clothes weren't illusions, which means Pearl has just had a Bad Pearl outfit in storage for like potentially 30+ years.

SomeJazzyRat
Nov 2, 2012

Hmmm...
I just assumed that Amethyst has all of their potential human adjacent needs in a nice big, horrible pile in her room.

Philip Rivers posted:

It's set up so that it can develop off screen through flirty texts at whatever pace they want but I don't think they would do that and not have any intention of giving her any screen time. Ruby and Sapphire aren't enough to satisfy this show's quota of girls laughing and being blushy.

And it they do go down that route, then she's at least going to have to face the awkwardness of when Steven says that she looks almost like the mom he never knew.

SomeJazzyRat fucked around with this message at 16:33 on Sep 9, 2016

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

That or actually queer people can't have good and happy things happen in their lives till they base them on healthy life choices~

Like that one guy said, I can't wait to see her react to the bit where Pearl is training a little girl to use a sword or the part where they have thousands of gems in their basement.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Setting up a lesbian relationship for the express purpose of failing and generating drama at a queer woman's expense is lovely, lowbrow queerbaiting and is so far below this show's standards that I am legitimately a little offended by you suggesting that would be a good or worthwhile plotline. :frogout:

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Setting up a lesbian relationship for the express purpose of failing and generating drama at a queer woman's expense is lovely, lowbrow queerbaiting and is so far below this show's standards that I am legitimately a little offended by you suggesting that would be a good or worthwhile plotline. :frogout:

I don't give a poo poo.

CroatianAlzheimers
Jun 15, 2009

I can't remember why I'm mad at you...

Augus posted:

S. and Rose aren't exact clones of each other, Pearl is just into big girls giant women with pink hair.
Also I get the impression that a lot of any future exposure to mystery girl will be second-hand, and they'll run with her not really speaking on-screen at all.

They have the same nose, too.

Philip Rivers posted:

Come on, you know better than to respond to motherfucker.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I mean you took it to the gay place, I'm just sayin' pearl is clearly not over the last relationship and also is in a lovely place to start a new one since rose died like, last year, in gemological terms. Its a lot of baggage to bring into a relationship upfront.

CroatianAlzheimers posted:

Come on, you know better than to respond to motherfucker.

I'm actually very smart and cool.

Motherfucker fucked around with this message at 16:45 on Sep 9, 2016

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Uhhh Zuke and co. already brought it to The Gay Place.

Ichabod Sexbeast
Dec 5, 2011

Giving 'em the old razzle-dazzle
It is the gay place. There are very few, if any, places gayer.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.
We're all rooting for Weeping Egg Cup, I don't think anyone here isn't, but the show is called Crying Breakfast Friends. I think we can all expect some degree of drama-friction between Weeping Egg Cup and Aloof Mystery Spoon and it'll get resolved after 11 minutes or so.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Well what I'm sayin' is that in any relationship, homosexual or otherwise, pearl is frontloading the drama and her sadbrains are gonna get her in trouble again because she has the emotional skill and social dexterity of a clawhammer covered in boiling tar (despite being one of the longest living gems on earth she still sucks compared to Garnet and Amethyst (and Peridot and Lapis at this rate)) and that when it invariably fails I am going to laugh at the pain and suffering which is why I watch this show in the first place.

Incidentally if you cry could you please record it and send me the link?

<---- Love it.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
the pizza is square, pearl is a garbage person, 4592882 cracked gems

Whiz Palace
Dec 8, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Uhhh Zuke and co. already brought it to The Gay Place.

What if Zuke is still pulling her punches? What if this episode is after she was told to dial it back a bit?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
It's literally pearls nature to implode lol

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Zuke is the queer queen of my heart and I can only pray that this show gets gayer.