Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Is this show
Gay?
Sad?
Sad and Gay?
What the hell is wrong with you people?
View Results

Junpei Hyde
Mar 15, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Zuke is the queer queen of my heart and I can only pray that this show gets gayer.

RIP Peridot's twitter.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I certainly dont have deep-seated issues involving birthdays.

MariusLecter posted:

It's literally pearls nature to implode lol

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO
Though if there happens to be a character arc with a lot of signing and/or crying where she grows some more, that could be cool.

[Something about pearls growing layers that sounds cool]

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

Holy God.

What a truly great episode.

Cavelcade posted:

Good episode. Might be the only way to raise the gay levels.

It turns out that Lars was an angry butch lesbian the whole time and everyone just assumed she was a dude.

I have made it gayer, captain.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Majorian posted:

It turns out that Lars was an angry butch lesbian the whole time and everyone just assumed she was a dude.

:aaa:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

And there you sat, eating hamburgers while the world cried.

Majorian posted:

:objection: Lars has a crush on Buck

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

I wonder if there's anyone still trying to deny Pearl being gay after this episode.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Inverted Offensive Battle: Acupuncture Attacks Convert To 3D Penetration Tactics Taking Advantage of Deep Battle Opportunities

MrSlam posted:

:objection: Lars has a crush on Buck

...sustained.:mad:

VanSandman
Feb 16, 2011
SWAP.AVI EXCHANGER
I think Pearl and S will realize they both want different things out of a romantic relationship and thus aren't compatible, and then remain friends because they like spending time together.

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

Swedish Horror posted:

I wonder if there's anyone still trying to deny Pearl being gay after this episode.

The entire country of Russia

edit: Turns out there's an entire wiki page dedicated to it
http://steven-universe.wikia.com/wiki/Steven_Universe_Censorship_in_Foreign_Countries

MrSlam fucked around with this message at 17:14 on Sep 9, 2016

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

I'm all for representation but... Lars?

Like, can't we aim higher?

Like Buck Dewey~ :allears:

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Swedish Horror posted:

Tbf, i'm not sure labels like "gay" or "queer" can really apply, given the fact that the norm with gems for romantic attraction seems to be same-gender (or gender-presentation or whatever you want to call it). If anything, Rose seems to have been in the minority in liking dudes.

Which I think is a really cool kind of juxtaposition.

(that said, Pearl clearly likes chicks and guys don't seem to do anything for her, so~)

Jorenko
Jun 6, 2004

I think you're just mad 'cause you're single.

Majorian posted:

...sustained.:mad:

Lars is obviously bi, regardless of their gender.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Jorenko posted:

Lars is obviously bi, regardless of their gender.

Don't limit them to just two sexes, you fascist.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Swedish Horror posted:

No one was denying Pearl being gay though?

Except Russians but that's a whole nother terrible loving thing.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Majorian posted:

Don't limit them to just two sexes, you fascist.

SwimmingSpider
Jan 3, 2008

Jön, jön, jön a vizipók.
Várják már a tólakók.
Ez a kis pók ügyes búvár.
Sok új kaland is még rá vár.
Pearl has enough tragic queer backstory going on. She deserves some happiness. And sure maybe there will be some drama over certain aspects of Pearls past that they'll have to work through but they can work it out.

Wallrod
Sep 27, 2004
Stupid Baby Picture
If i could take us back a week i think it's interesting that it was hard for people to see a character that was sad but (probably) not gay. Also british for some reason?? Also yeah, i was really happy to see a Pearl focused episode that was forward looking and positive.... kinda. She's kind of made following rose quartz part of her character so i guess moving past it involves dealing with that. I just want her to be not sad :ohdear:

Wallrod fucked around with this message at 17:17 on Sep 9, 2016

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

SwimmingSpider posted:

Pearl has enough tragic queer backstory going on. She deserves some happiness. And sure maybe there will be some drama over certain aspects of Pearls past that they'll have to work through but they can work it out.

With a lot of crying, by Pearl, cause :laffo:

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

Philip Rivers posted:

Setting up a lesbian relationship for the express purpose of failing and generating drama at a queer woman's expense is lovely, lowbrow queerbaiting and is so far below this show's standards that I am legitimately a little offended by you suggesting that would be a good or worthwhile plotline. :frogout:

Okay, but, it doesn't have to be dramatic. Sometimes things just don't click and that's fine. Maybe Pearl and S will go on a date and realize "Wow, even though we're both attracted to each other physically we really don't have that much in common" and then both go on to date different women.

You don't have to enter a long term relationship with every person you get a crush; and if things don't work out with S that doesn't mean Pearl has to give up on finding a new girlfriend.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Space Cadet Omoly posted:

Okay, but, it doesn't have to be dramatic. Sometimes things just don't click and that's fine. Maybe Pearl and S will go on a date and realize "Wow, even though we're both attracted to each other physically we really don't have that much in common" and then both go on to date different women.

You don't have to enter a long term relationship with every person you get a crush; and if things don't work out with S that doesn't mean Pearl has to give up on finding a new girlfriend.

I mean if that don't do it the fact pearl literally can't remove her clothes might.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

It could also work out for them but with some good natural bumps in the road too. The best Ruby/Sapphire episodes have been the ones where their relationship is shown to not always be perfect, but they make it work.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

No one was denying Pearl being gay though?

Except Russians but that's a whole nother terrible loving thing.

I saw a post somewhere(on reddit I think?) saying that Pearl just "looked up" to Rose. That seems like denial to me.

MechaCrash
Jan 1, 2013

Philip Rivers posted:

Setting up a lesbian relationship for the express purpose of failing and generating drama at a queer woman's expense is lovely, lowbrow queerbaiting and is so far below this show's standards that I am legitimately a little offended by you suggesting that would be a good or worthwhile plotline. :frogout:

It's not like three different shows made the news for doing the "hey look the two women get together and are happy PSYCHE ONE OF THEM IS DEAD NOW ~such drama~" thing this year alone or anything.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

MechaCrash posted:

It's not like three different shows made the news for doing the "hey look the two women get together and are happy PSYCHE ONE OF THEM IS DEAD NOW ~such drama~" thing this year alone or anything.

Warren from "Buffy" strikes again.:tinfoil:

MrSlam
Apr 25, 2014

I'm worried. It's been mentioned in this thread that episodes with vague descriptions and innocuous sounding titles end up having some sort of horrible secret or drama happen.

Who the hell are Onion's secret friends?

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

MrSlam posted:

I'm worried. It's been mentioned in this thread that episodes with vague descriptions and innocuous sounding titles end up having some sort of horrible secret or drama happen.

Figurines of Steven and the Gems.

Made from his own poop.

Evrart Claire
Jan 11, 2008

deadly_pudding posted:

I just realized something about Bad Pearl.

Those clothes weren't illusions, which means Pearl has just had a Bad Pearl outfit in storage for like potentially 30+ years.

She probably tried to copy the look of Greg or his friends to get Rose's attention at some point.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

Nothing you said here is untrue but

Motherfucker posted:

I'm kinda hoping pearl's relationship explodes in flames

is what I was responding to.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

MrSlam posted:

Onion follows the CGs and snatches up a gem shard from a fusion mutant which he uses to reanimate his horrifying real-doll.

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

Nothing you said here is untrue but

is what I was responding to.

Ah, respond to tone, nice work friendo.

Eela6
May 25, 2007
Shredded Hen

Test Pattern posted:

Philly steaks and Buffalo wings.

:drat:
Well, that settles all the lore questions I had.

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

Swedish Horror posted:

I saw a post somewhere(on reddit I think?) saying that Pearl just "looked up" to Rose. That seems like denial to me.

Get the gently caress out of here.

NmareBfly
Jul 16, 2004

I posted my food for USPOL Thanksgiving!

I don't really want Pearl's or anyone's relationship to explode into flames but honestly I think that's the #1 most important message about relationships that this show hasn't touched on that much. Sometimes both people want it to work out and neither is abusive or dishonest but things just fall apart anyway. People drift apart and life circumstances change but that doesn't mean there's anything wrong with one party or the other.

Not every relationship is destined to be the only one you're a part of, and that's the sort of thinking that can lead people TO abusive relationships. Recognizing when things aren't working is one of the toughest calls anyone can make but it's also one of the most common and important ones.

I don't desire for Pearl to be unhappy, but they could use S to point out that infatuation doesn't always meander directly into True Love. And that's okay too.

Philip Rivers
Mar 15, 2010

They touched on that one episode ago with Mr. Smiley and Mr. Frowny. Yes this is an important message but there's no reason whatsoever it has to be Pearl who's used to demonstrate this.

Swedish Horror
Jan 16, 2013

MariusLecter posted:

Get the gently caress out of here.

Sorry that I saw a bad post on a poo poo website I guess?

TwoPair
Mar 28, 2010

Pandamn It Feels Good To Be A Gangsta
Grimey Drawer
God are we just gonna be fanfiction.net for the next week+ ?

MariusLecter
Sep 5, 2009

NI MUERTE NI MIEDO

TwoPair posted:

God are we just gonna be fanfiction.net for the next week+ ?

When are we not?

Motherfucker
Jul 16, 2011

Philip Rivers posted:

They touched on that one episode ago with Mr. Smiley and Mr. Frowny. Yes this is an important message but there's no reason whatsoever it has to be Pearl who's used to demonstrate this.

Now are you actually seriously suggesting that episode had the emotional weight to pull the entire message or are you just sad because your favorite cartoon character might have an imaginary bad thing happen. And either way, why are you so pathetic?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Space Cadet Omoly
Jan 15, 2014

~Groovy~

MrSlam posted:

Calling it now: Onion has done what Jasper could not and has successfully formed an army of corrupted gems.