Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Some Guy TT
Aug 30, 2011

It's All Right Chief Dharma

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goatface
Dec 5, 2007

I had a video of that when I was about 6.

I remember it being shit.

Grimey Drawer
Nope, don't get it. Red and Rover, someone?

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

I scrolled down and the top of my screen blocked out the top of the panel. It's better this way.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

Adam Ames

:sigh:

Between Shots

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

goatface posted:

Nope, don't get it. Red and Rover, someone?

would you bite into an ice cream cone? the chief eats things in a weird way, that's the joke

TVs Ian
Jun 1, 2000

Such graceful, delicate creatures.

skipThings posted:

would you bite into an ice cream cone? the chief eats things in a weird way, that's the joke

I thought the joke was it looks like his head if they lick the chocolate off the middle (the closeup panel) and he didn't want them noticing/making fun of him.

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer
I bite into icecream cones... And I don't know how to use chopsticks properly either. I'm not a chief though.

skipThings
May 21, 2007

Tell me more about this
"Wireless fun-adaptor" you were speaking of.

TVs Ian posted:

I thought the joke was it looks like his head if they lick the chocolate off the middle (the closeup panel) and he didn't want them noticing/making fun of him.

could as well be it :shrug:

Neito
Feb 18, 2009

😌Finally, an avatar the describes my love of tech❤️‍💻, my love of anime💖🎎, and why I'll never see a real girl 🙆‍♀️naked😭.

Evil Mastermind posted:

The Classic Dinette Set didn't even flush.

I read this about six times, and I still don't understand what's going on or what the punchline is supposed to be.

Green Intern
Dec 29, 2008

Loon, Crazy and Laughable

Neito posted:

I read this about six times, and I still don't understand what's going on or what the punchline is supposed to be.

She forgot to put on a new roll of toilet paper. He put on a new roll of toilet paper, and then used 99% of it out of spite. Burl is an rear end in a top hat.

coronatae
Oct 14, 2012

I think it was just that the roll was already really low but instead of just killing the roll and putting on a new one he used all but the last few squares

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Luann

The Amazing Spider-Man

Sally Forth

The Heart of Juliet Jones

Time to meet the Tropic Queen! :downsrim:

Zanzibar Ham
Mar 17, 2009

You giving me the cold shoulder? How cruel.

Grimey Drawer

Julet Esqu posted:

The Amazing Spider-Man

Uhh... If Ant-Man looks so big there, doesn't that mean he's behind Spider-Man?

ChickenOfTomorrow
Nov 11, 2012

god damn it, you've got to be kind

the dinette set joke is the tp equivalent of leaving 2 floz of coffee in the pot so you can mentally justify not making a new pot by thinking "but i didn't empty it!!!"

Transmodiar
Jul 9, 2005

You're a terrible person, Mildred.
Modesty Blaise

Mercedes Colomar
Nov 1, 2008

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Tina's Groove

Family Circus

Rose is Rose

One Big Happy

Foob

Compu-Toon

Bizarro

Dilbert

Parahexavoctal
Oct 10, 2004

I AM NOT BEING PAID TO CORRECT OTHER PEOPLE'S POSTS! DONKEY!!

Green Intern posted:

She forgot to put on a new roll of toilet paper. He put on a new roll of toilet paper, and then used 99% of it out of spite. Burl has an rear end in a top hat.

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.
The rare good Bizarro, and a Good Dog.

Serious Cephalopod
Jul 1, 2007

This is a Serious post for a Serious thread.

Bloop Bloop Bloop
Pillbug

Selachian posted:

Pros and Cons

This one got me, bad

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax
I actually complained to the author about the popular girls vs geek girls storyline in Intelligent Life, and they responded with a thank you for being invested and that I should wait and see how it develops. So, I'm happy we're moving away from "ugh, popular girls, am I right?" and that their all getting along and having a good time.

Flagrant Abuse posted:

Yes.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

Julet Esqu posted:

The Heart of Juliet Jones

I've read comics for too long, because the first thing I thought was, "Wait, isn't that Matt Murdock?"

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Selachian posted:

Rhymes with Orange

The only complaint I have about this comic is that first panel. It consistently makes what I guess you would call the aside joke before the actual cartoon with the actual joke. But then, maybe since it's consistent, it still works? I don't know. I think it makes me chuckle more often than not though so it's still way better than most.
This woman is slowly being revealed to be deeply disturbed.

F Minus

Mary Worth

It's a little known fact that all pharmacies are connected by computers and communicate with each other using Lovecraftian text.

Rex Morgan MD

I guess the point of the last few weeks of RMMD is that as a doctor he deals with both life and death.

Secret Agent X-9

Looks like a new story next week. I assume they aren't going to just explain how they used the paper to track down this hideout again.

Apartment 3-G

I do. She's a bitch, Margo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!

Flagrant Abuse posted:

I think bizarro is mostly ok, doesn't it have the goon seal of approval?

Simian_Prime
Nov 6, 2011

When they passed out body parts in the comics today, I got Cathy's nose and Dick Tracy's private parts.
Reading the Comments section on Luann is like eavesdropping on a group therapy session in a mental hospital.

Mister Kingdom
Dec 14, 2005

And the tears that fall
On the city wall
Will fade away
With the rays of morning light

Why is he painting the door when it's closed? How about the part covered by the moulding?

Why am I trying to analyze a Family Circus cartoon?

EasyEW
Mar 8, 2006

I've got my father's great big six-shooter with me 'n' if anybody in this woods wants to start somethin' just let 'em--but they DASSN'T.
Skippy (July 13, 1929)

Peanuts (September 13, 1969)

Funky Winkerbean

Crankshaft

Rip Haywire

Thimble Theater (March 31, 1930)

Murdstone
Jun 14, 2005

I'm feeling Jimmy

Anyone know the FC font? It seems pretty basic I would think it shouldn't be hard to find.

Edit:

EasyEW posted:

Funky Winkerbean

Today I learned that Funky banged Lindsay Lohan numerous times.

Murdstone fucked around with this message at 20:50 on Sep 10, 2016

Tumblr of scotch
Mar 13, 2006

Please, don't be my neighbor.

BigglesSWE posted:

I think bizarro is mostly ok, doesn't it have the goon seal of approval?
It swings between smug vegan, some gizmo, and lately, "how about that LGBT community, eh? eh?"

Strontium
Aug 28, 2009

Dexter didn't much care for the party.

WickedHate posted:

I actually complained to the author about the popular girls vs geek girls storyline in Intelligent Life, and they responded with a thank you for being invested and that I should wait and see how it develops. So, I'm happy we're moving away from "ugh, popular girls, am I right?" and that their all getting along and having a good time.

Complained through which channels?
I don't hate this arc as much as I don't understand why it's happening or why it's allowed to span more than a week. Sure, overlong arcs have been a thing for a while now, but this is still the comic that glorifies manbabies sitting in their parent's basement watching Star Trek marathons.

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Cholmondeley
Sep 28, 2006

New World Orderly
Nap Ghost

Neito posted:

I think it means Burl doesn't wipe his rear end.

Twelve by Pies
May 4, 2012

Again a very likpatous story

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 21 hours ago
“What a BIG Girl You are, Shannon! I’m so PROUD of You!! As a Reward I’m going to let You take that Mallet to School so You Conk Mean Little Boys, Who By LAW are NOT Allowed to Conk Back!” – Toni, just before realizing the Folly of always allowing Others to do whatever the HECK They Want.

I'm slowly learning more about this man than I think I want to know.

Selachian
Oct 9, 2012

EasyEW posted:

Thimble Theater (March 31, 1930)

I admit it, I was waiting for Popeye to whip out a can of spinach and unleash hell on Jabbo.

Octatonic
Sep 7, 2010

Selachian posted:

I admit it, I was waiting for Popeye to whip out a can of spinach and unleash hell on Jabbo.

I wonder when that trope showed up. With the way Thimble Theater is paced, I wouldn't be surprised if it's not years and years away at this point.

e: according to Wikipedia, spinach happened in 1932, so we're not super far off, but we're still a fair bit away. By that point, Popeye will have of course completely taken over the strip.

Octatonic fucked around with this message at 23:46 on Sep 10, 2016

dirksteadfast
Oct 10, 2010

Please don't be an edit please don't be an edit please don't be an edit

*not an edit*

Oh gently caress yes. Burn their wedding to the ground, Smiley Man.

Evil Mastermind
Apr 28, 2008

The Classic Dinette Set knows money doesn't buy popularity.

Working Daze ages ungracefully.

Super-Fun-Pak-Comix fills in the blanks.

JaggerMcDagger
Feb 13, 2012

Bringing you Barry from the sordid depths of the Internet

quote:

“Errands”, huh? Yeah….I thought so- err, I mean, thought not…….

It makes sense that the only thing to pull him away from his treasured task of knocking holes in walls had to be his… other…specialty….

Well, guess it was either him, or Captain Kirk…..or that little gnome guy in the other reservation commercials- nobody talks a deal down, better than those three…

quote:

“Succor Punch”
“Leave It To An Eager Beaver”
“Smooth As Bilk”
“Flim At 4 And 11”
“The March Of The Flam-Basters”
“Greased Palm Is The Word…” (♪)
“Ready…Aim…Fireworks”
“I Barely Get By, With A Little Help From My Friends” (♪)
“Brad’s Got Reservations”
“Trouble With A Capital T….And A J” (♪)
“Do The Hustle” (♫)
“Got A Nickel, Cad?”
“Insecure Credit”
or
“Good Help Is Hard To Mind”

quote:

seismic-2 GoComics PRO Member said, about 19 hours ago
The wedding, the marriage, and the strip itself are all about to go Ka-Blooie!!!

quote:

Brad made an appointment with a wedding planner. How did he happen to not know that this ‘wedding planner’ is the same guy who is supposedly cooking their multi-course meal (because, as he told Brad, you have to go all out on a wedding) AND serving as best man?

quote:

Whoa! Well played, Greg and Karen Evans! A perfect punctuation mark to this arc’s sinuous storyline, assuming that the arc stops for now on this end-gag.

quote:

Fiendly Neighbourhood Terrorist (Justice For Michael_wme!) GoComics PRO Member said, about 16 hours ago
@trilogy
Bwad is the lad who’s just been had
And I see some Trufans ain’t too glad
And at least one who’s fightin’ mad
And that doesn’t make me at all sad
‘Cause TJ is a bit o’ a cad
And he’s goin’ to ruin it for Bwad.

quote:

Mordock999 GoComics PRO Member said, about 11 hours ago
@sallymargaret
“Put your foot down, Brad.”
Brad? Put His ‘Foot’ down?? With TJ???
THAT, would be a FIRST!
But Sally, You HAVE Pointed Out one MORE Point to the “What have Brad and Toni got in *Common?” Crowd.
What DO They Have on Common? Well, In Addition to,
A) Their Mutual LOVE of Cars,
B) Their Mutual LOVE of Naughty Jokes,
C) Their Mutual LOVE of Fire Fighting,
You can add,
D) They are BOTH Easily Manipulated By Others….,

quote:

JPuzzleWhiz said, about 11 hours ago
@IamJayBluE
“Succor Punch”
“Leave It To An Eager Beaver”
“Smooth As Bilk”
“The March Of The Flam-Basters”
“Greased Palm Is The Word…” (♪)
“Ready…Aim…Fireworks”
“Got A Nickel, Cad?”
“Good Help Is Hard To Mind”

…are winners of today’s Puzzler Prize!

My thoughts:

“Intestinal 42-de”
“TJ And The Flare”
“The Flim-Flame Man” (Spelling intentional!)
“The Best-Man-Laid Schemes”
“Wedded Blisters”
“Skyrocketing Budget”
“Famous Blast Words”
This guy ALSO does this daily.

fort knox

Flying Mccoys

Dustin

WickedHate
Aug 1, 2013

by Lowtax

Strontium posted:

Complained through which channels?

There's a contact thing on the website.

Strontium posted:

I don't hate this arc as much as I don't understand why it's happening or why it's allowed to span more than a week. Sure, overlong arcs have been a thing for a while now, but this is still the comic that glorifies manbabies sitting in their parent's basement watching Star Trek marathons.

That's still sorta true, but Working Daze makes it look so much better in comparison.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

Fred Basset

Frog Applause

Ginger Meggs

Heart of the City

Just Say Uncle

On a Claire Day

Pooch Café

Reply All

Ziggy

Lynn's friend is an arsehole. First she criticised her for only taking two cards, now she's criticising her for taking too many cards.

Johnny Walker posted:

Apartment 3-G

I do. She's a bitch, Margo.
She's right though.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Julet Esqu
May 6, 2007

Phantom Classic

Radio Patrol

Rip Kirby

Big Ben Bolt