Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Johnny Truant posted:

As someone who works in the neuroscience field this is just excruciating. Why is their brain literally pressing up against the dorsal aspect of their eyeballs? Where's their loving skull at!? :kingsley:

Also look at how they wrote "climb" in there. They wrote "Cimb" then had to jam the 'L' in afterwards. :redass:

Totally TWISTED posted:

My guess is the artist made the mistake once and then repeated it on purpose for some semblance of unity and chance that someone might think it was cool and good instead of poo poo and bad.

It's from a series of comics called Locke and Key. They're actually pretty good. I don't have the original picture in front of me, so I can't say if the tattooer copied the comics lettering or not.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Chichevache posted:

It's from a series of comics called Locke and Key. They're actually pretty good. I don't have the original picture in front of me, so I can't say if the tattooer copied the comics lettering or not.

The style looked familiar. Isn't that done by one of Stephen King's kids?

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

Khazar-khum posted:

Where do you find rollerderby now? I loved that poo poo as a kid.

At this point a lot of cities have a team or two. Just search "<city nearby> roller derby" and you'll probably find one.

Blade_of_tyshalle
Jul 12, 2009

If you think that, along the way, you're not going to fail... you're blind.

There's no one I've ever met, no matter how successful they are, who hasn't said they had their failures along the way.

Go to any retail store and find the woman with weird hair and a bunch of tats. Chances are good she's a derby player.

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Chichevache posted:

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
Derby is exploding in the PacNW for some reason. Seems like every hipster/crunch/hippy/whatever mom and her kids are way into it right now.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

sweeperbravo posted:

The style looked familiar. Isn't that done by one of Stephen King's kids?

Yeah, and the comic feels pretty similar to King too. It's definitely worth reading, even if you have only a passing interest in comics. It won a ton of awards.

FistOfTacitus
Oct 21, 2009

TotalLossBrain posted:

Derby is exploding in the PacNW for some reason. Seems like every hipster/crunch/hippy/whatever mom and her kids are way into it right now.

Crossfit without the sweat, Nascar without the exhaust.

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?
https://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2010/10/18/whiter-shades-of-pale-44-roller-derby/

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, and the comic feels pretty similar to King too. It's definitely worth reading, even if you have only a passing interest in comics. It won a ton of awards.

It's a shame, a friend lent me her copies of the first two books but I never got around to reading them and gave them back to her before we moved out of our apartment and over the next few years we stopped being friends so what I'm saying is maybe I'll check next time I'm at the library :smith:

rotoscoped
Oct 30, 2010

Three bad tats for the price of one!

:nws:http://i.imgur.com/n9TOThA.jpg:nws:

I'm hoping that this is a photoshop.

I actually like this one, but that is going to be a pokeblob a few years down the road, isn't it?

fullroundaction
Apr 20, 2007

Drink beer every day
Derby is fun as hell and derby girls are fun as hell to party with, sorry you goons hate fun.

Also derby names are the best: https://www.twoevils.org/rollergirls/

rotoscoped posted:

I actually like this one, but that is going to be a pokeblob a few years down the road, isn't it?

This is dope. The bold should hold, probably as long as the (integrity of) the skin does.

Roro
Oct 9, 2012

HOO'S HEAD GOES ALL THE WAY AROUND?

rotoscoped posted:

The Gastly line are all pretty quality for tattoos, if I was ever going to get a tattoo I'd probably get one of them.

Garrand
Dec 28, 2012

Rhino, you did this to me!

fullroundaction posted:

Derby is fun as hell and derby girls are fun as hell to party with, sorry you goons hate fun.

Susan B. Agony
Susan B. Amputee
Susan B. Animosity

:allears:

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe

fullroundaction posted:

This is dope. The bold should hold, probably as long as the (integrity of) the skin does.

awesome, a list of women I wanna marry. one of them has gotta like me

time for a road trip see you guys later

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
there's just something about a woman who will beat the loving poo poo out of you

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

fullroundaction posted:

Buttermilf Paincakes
:catstare:

Say Nothing
Mar 5, 2013

by FactsAreUseless

strap on revenge
Apr 8, 2011

that's my thing that i say
yikes

trapped mouse
May 25, 2008

by Azathoth
gam for century

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

more like no-ga

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

#merica

Nuevo
May 23, 2006

:eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop::eyepop::shittypop:
Fun Shoe

fullroundaction posted:

Uh, yeah? I don't think anybody said derby was bad, it rules.

It's just derby girls, like any group of people who tend to have a lot of tattoos, have some bad ones too.

Derby names universally rule, but I have a thing for puns.

Personal favorites of girls I know are Suzy Bonebreaker & Grizzly Madam.

bulletsponge13
Apr 28, 2010

Roller Derby seemed to suddenly blow up in Lancaster, PA of all places.
Funny enough, I am still FB friends with some of the players, one who I actually had a college class with, and I still only know her derby name.

TheDon01
Mar 8, 2009

Some Amish rollerblade right? Are roller skates also amish kosher?

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Khazar-khum posted:

Where do you find rollerderby now? I loved that poo poo as a kid.

https://wftda.com/leagues

Psychobabble!
Jun 22, 2010

Observing this filth unsettles me

FistOfTacitus posted:

Crossfit without the sweat, Nascar without the exhaust.

Lol if you think going hard for 2 hours(average practice time) on skates while hitting people doesn't make you sweat.

That's not really a comprehensive list really since membership to wftda these days takes a lot of time and effort, and doesn't take into account unaffiliated, USARS, male, co-ed, or banked(aka the best). As someone mentioned, search for (your city) roller derby. If nothing shows up there, search for the nearest major city and you're pretty much guaranteed to find a league, especially in the US; but it /is/ all over the world now. poo poo has spread like wildfire the last 5~ years, even to places like Brazil and Russia.

That being said, there's a lot of bad roller derby tattoos, just like with every other thing people are enthusiastic about.

This one from a thumbnail I thought was just a photo of rink rash(where you slide on the floor, generally wood, while wearing fishnets), but when I actually looked at it, it looks like an actual tattoo. Just... Why?

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

She is making GBS threads a foot.

Brother Tadger
Feb 15, 2012

I'm accidentally a suicide bomber!

He toes are pointing upwards :stare:

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

If it gets people out exercising I'm all for it.

Some of those tattoos suck though.

Endless Mike
Aug 13, 2003

I know Juggalo tattoos are pretty much cheating, but oh well

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

You're the orange faygo to my purple faygo.

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro

fullroundaction posted:

Serious pro-click

brunch with yr parents
Jan 6, 2013

SWEATBOX SYMPHONY

Welp, now that I've gotten my leg amputated below the knee, I guess I'll just shove this extra shoe up my rear end.

Secks
Oct 10, 2002

The city is alive tonight

Thom and the Heads
Oct 27, 2010

Farscape is actually pretty cool.

Wrong thread

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

Butter first, milk second, then, add the cheese powder.

super size soft serve
Aug 28, 2011

You think I'm fat, but it's an optical illusion.

sweeperbravo posted:

Butter first, milk second, then, add the cheese powder.

I really don't want to read about your sexual fantasies in the Tasteless Tattoo Thread.

fankwart
Sep 27, 2013

am I the only one drinking?
There's this lovely one that I've seen pop up on my facebook feed a couple times

But I guess somebody else thought it was dope too

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anagram of GINGER
Oct 3, 2014

by Smythe
I will slap you across the face with the condom you left in my butt