Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop
I have to disagree with notion that Elliot and Angela have feelings for each other. Or, at least deeper feelings.

I read their embrace and kiss on the train as two people who, having been close friends since childhood, found themselves in a unwinnable situation and the only thing they can do is turn towards each other. What I'm saying is, don't expect Elliot and Angela to be dating in season three.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EL BROMANCE
Jun 10, 2006

COWABUNGA DUDES!
🥷🐢😬

They told me not to expect ALF in season 2 and we all know how that turned out.

Tiggum
Oct 24, 2007

Your life and your quest end here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O2rGTXHvPCQ

Ersatz
Sep 17, 2005

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

I have to disagree with notion that Elliot and Angela have feelings for each other. Or, at least deeper feelings.

I read their embrace and kiss on the train as two people who, having been close friends since childhood, found themselves in a unwinnable situation and the only thing they can do is turn towards each other. What I'm saying is, don't expect Elliot and Angela to be dating in season three.
I don't think that anyone expects that, but they clearly have/had chemistry. It never happened, I'm sure, because Elliot is an absolute mess and Angela has always known that. But since they were effectively saying goodbye, the kiss was appropriate.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
I BELIEVE IN STUPID CONSPIRACY THEORIES
Hope it wasn't a Kiss of Death!

Mr. Robot is kind of an rear end in a top hat.

Talorat
Sep 18, 2007

Hahaha! Aw come on, I can't tell you everything right away! That would make for a boring story, don't you think?
Has anyone made any progress finding what we are supposed to be seeing in the panning shot of Elliot's house? I'm stumped.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012

Talorat posted:

Has anyone made any progress finding what we are supposed to be seeing in the panning shot of Elliot's house? I'm stumped.

My guess is either there's mail somewhere or that big open book's used for a book code

CloFan
Nov 6, 2004

Didn't Elliot explicitly say in early S1 that he had a thing for Angela? He had a daydream about it in the psyche's office I think, or maybe at that dinner thing at Gideon's.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I recall him revealing that info. For some reason I'm under the impression that he alluded to it back in the first episode(?) when she wanted him to go out and meet her at bar with co-workers and her boyfriend.

Der Luftwaffle
Dec 29, 2008
They also almost kissed back in All safe when the Colby arrest news broke.

But I too saw the train kiss as more of a stress reaction.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

Der Luftwaffle posted:

They also almost kissed back in All safe when the Colby arrest news broke.

But I too saw the train kiss as more of a stress reaction.

Did folks forget drug fever scene when Angela was out to that fancy dinner with Eliot and then she was in a wedding dress? It seemed pretty clear that deep down he has a thing for her, but I don't think it's a stereotypical "nerd pining for love" thing, I think it's more of a "they grew up together, dealt with serious trauma and he deeply cares for her" type thing. We don't see Eliot creeping out on other women or otherwise treating them like poo poo.

precision
May 7, 2006

by VideoGames

Solkanar512 posted:

We don't see Eliot creeping out on other women or otherwise treating them like poo poo.

...Shayla?

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

I myself will carry you to the Gates of Valhalla...
You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer
Also when he had forgotten who Darlene was and kissed her, he had been pretty mean to her up until that point. He was always just like "what the gently caress are you doing here, get the gently caress out"

qntm
Jun 17, 2009

Talorat posted:

My suspicion is that whatever it is, it has mysteriously gone missing, which is why we can't see it.

Accretionist
Nov 7, 2012
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gbo8OsP9zC0

Edit:

Excellent audio for discerning listeners, indeed

Accretionist fucked around with this message at 23:51 on Sep 12, 2016

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Watching season 2 again with my wife before the finale. So much about it he weirdness of the first half makes a lot more sense when you know where Elliot actually is.

Borrowed Ladder
May 4, 2007

monarch of the sleeping marches
Why are they calling it a 2 hour finale when they're airing the episodes a week apart? Wikipedia says both are named eps2.9 but what's the point?

Stabitha
Mar 11, 2005

You lookin' at me? Don't.

Borrowed Ladder posted:

Why are they calling it a 2 hour finale when they're airing the episodes a week apart? Wikipedia says both are named eps2.9 but what's the point?

IMDB says they are both airing this Wednesday, Sept. 14th. The first one is labeled pt. 1 and the other pt. 2.

Dangerous Person
Apr 4, 2011

Not dead yet
My comcast guide is only showing one episode on Wednesday

Blind Rasputin
Nov 25, 2002

Farewell, good Hunter. May you find your worth in the waking world.

Well I personally can't loving wait.

Bert Roberge
Nov 28, 2003

It's gonna be two of mostly the same episode but with two different endings and then we get to wait till Season 3 to find out which one was the true ending.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

Bert Roberge posted:

It's gonna be two of mostly the same episode but with two different endings and then we get to wait till Season 3 to find out which one was the true ending.

I hope it's six versions of the same events, but in each version, a different character is replaced by Tyrell.

carticket
Jun 28, 2005

white and gold.

I'm waiting to find out whether Elliott, Darlene, or Mr. Robot will replace Jacob and who will put the stopper back in the Evil Corp Evil Lair Island Bath Drain.

ETURNA
Jul 3, 2006

Narayan

Mr. Powers posted:

I'm waiting to find out whether Elliott, Darlene, or Mr. Robot will replace Jacob and who will put the stopper back in the Evil Corp Evil Lair Island Bath Drain.

Haha. Oh god. You know, the way this show grips me definitely reminds me of my time with :lost:. I was just thinking about that when I watched the latest episode. Mr. Robot is way better, however.

funny way to spell posted:

Cell phone tracking? Idk some hacker poo poo probably... I was expecting them to be eating a Chinese restaurant, that would've been a nice explanation too.
Remember. It was the Dark Army that provided the femtocell. They have been monitoring the FBI's communications ever since Angela planted it.

Narcissus1916
Apr 29, 2013

Loved season one, but Season two drags like a sumbitch.

Finally got into a great episode that ended with so many promising threads - Dom's Chinese Adventure! Angela and Darlene Team up! Elliot hangs out with Craig Robinson for some reason!

And then the next episode starts with a seven-loving-teen minute riff on Full House.

Goddamnit.

TheBizzness
Oct 5, 2004

Reign on me.
That part loving rules though?

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy

Narcissus1916 posted:

Loved season one, but Season two drags like a sumbitch.

Finally got into a great episode that ended with so many promising threads - Dom's Chinese Adventure! Angela and Darlene Team up! Elliot hangs out with Craig Robinson for some reason!

And then the next episode starts with a seven-loving-teen minute riff on Full House.

Goddamnit.

Are you sure you wouldn't be happier watching a movie from the Jason Bourne series?

The Saddest Rhino
Apr 29, 2009

Put it all together.
Solve the world.
One conversation at a time.

How do you not love alf

fabergay egg
Mar 1, 2012

it's not a rhetorical question, for politely saying 'you are an idiot, you don't know what you are talking about'

The Alf episode was pretty much the best thing, if you didn't enjoy it then you should tell your therapist that you are experiencing symptoms of depression.

d0grent
Dec 5, 2004

Sitcom episode was one of the best things I've ever seen in a TV show.

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

Ok, I bought the Mr Robot 1.51exfiltration.apk. Anyone played it? From what I can tell so far is that I might have found the phone that Mobley erased and thrown out

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
The Alf stuff was pretty funny on its own, and although they did connect it thematically pretty well, it just kind of stuck out tonally with how wacky and out there it was. I'd be impressed if they did the whole episode like that, though.

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

waitwhatno posted:

Here is how you do a real hacking scene, pack it in you amateurs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU

It's crazy to think children's cartoons are more realistic than that.
https://youtu.be/5zK59RIQtFs

ultramiraculous
Nov 12, 2003

"No..."
Grimey Drawer

Megaspel posted:

It's crazy to think children's cartoons are more realistic than that.
https://youtu.be/5zK59RIQtFs

Is there something about this tech word salad that I'm missing, other than the terms being sorta uncommon?

curse of flubber
Mar 12, 2007
I CAN'T HELP BUT DERAIL THREADS WITH MY VERY PRESENCE

I ALSO HAVE A CLOUD OF DEDICATED IDIOTS FOLLOWING ME SHITTING UP EVERY THREAD I POST IN

IGNORE ME AND ANY DINOSAUR THAT FIGHTS WITH ME BECAUSE WE JUST CAN'T SHUT UP

ultramiraculous posted:

Is there something about this tech word salad that I'm missing, other than the terms being sorta uncommon?

It's well researched and accurate, especially compared to most hacker scenes in TV media.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

waitwhatno posted:

Here is how you do a real hacking scene, pack it in you amateurs

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=K7Hn1rPQouU

"We've only got two of the blinky boxes left to go!"

Someone had a lot of fun designing that scene...

DopeGhoti
May 24, 2009

Lipstick Apathy

Sekenr posted:

Ok, I bought the Mr Robot 1.51exfiltration.apk. Anyone played it? From what I can tell so far is that I might have found the phone that Mobley erased and thrown out

Not likely. The mobile game takes place midway through Season 1; prior to the Steel Mountain hack.

BetterToRuleInHell
Jul 2, 2007

Touch my mask top
Get the chop chop

Snak posted:

"We've only got two of the blinky boxes left to go!"

Someone had a lot of fun designing that scene...

You ever get nuked? It's the worst.

Snak
Oct 10, 2005

You will ride eternal,
shiny and chrome.
Grimey Drawer

BetterToRuleInHell posted:

You ever get nuked? It's the worst.

Can you jam with the console cowboys in cyberspace? Never experienced the new wave? Next wave? Dream wave? OR cyberpunk?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sekenr
Dec 12, 2013

DopeGhoti posted:

Not likely. The mobile game takes place midway through Season 1; prior to the Steel Mountain hack.

Yeah. drat, that's kinda stupid, whats the point digging around with what happened a year ago. I would really prefer a tie in with current events, besides the game doesn't really seem all that fun.

• Locked thread