Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

ANY GOOD OPINIONS THIS POSTER CLAIMS TO HAVE ARE JUST PROOF THAT BULLYING WORKS
Young Orc
lol when I was 6'1" and 268 I was really unhappy with how fat I was

Trump is basically exactly where I was

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

1337JiveTurkey
Feb 17, 2005

acejackson42 posted:

His heart is probably the size of watermelon at this point...

That adds a very disturbing interpretation to How The Grinch Stole Christmas.

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

lozzle posted:

Yeah but who the gently caress wasn't pre=20th century America. This is like judging Lincoln for being a racist (which he totally was). He still represented a significant advance over other whites at the time.

Eh, I mean I'll judge Stalin for being an anti-semite even if he did beat the Nazis.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret

Mel Mudkiper posted:

no body builders don't care
In my experience it's mostly been body builders, though if they are ALSO posting a lot of "obesity is different from health" needle-threading then yeah they're definitely fat.

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

48-43 Quinnipiac poll in favor of HRC, was 51-41 at the end of August.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Rhesus Pieces posted:

Doesn't he brag about getting four hours or less of sleep per night while constantly eating garbage fast food?

He's also quite concerned that Hillary sleeps on the weekends, implying that he doesn't.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc

canepazzo posted:

And given that we still suspect that Quinnipiac has a slight Trump bias, that ends my Arzying.

edit: suspected 3 points. Something weird is going on with the LATimes poll if it's off 10 points from Quinnipiac, you'd expect it to be leaning far more towards Trump

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。

1337JiveTurkey posted:

Ronnie Coleman shouldn't be alive by most other measures as well.

Lightweight, baby.

Also, I love everyone coming out of the woodwork to go "B-b-B-bbbbut BMI is bad and doesn't account for perfect, chiseled specimens like myself!!" while ignoring the fact that everyone who has done 2 seconds of research know it's a flawed tool to call people who are over/underweight over/underweight.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

canepazzo posted:

Well, that's absolutely nothing to worry about.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

WampaLord posted:

He's also quite concerned that Hillary sleeps on the weekends, implying that he doesn't.

Gonna love Trump's heart bursting mid-debate in a literal fountain of blood all over the moderator and the Times write up a story about how he really shaking up the paradigm of the election compared to boring Hillary.

Mel Mudkiper
Jan 19, 2012

At this point, Mudman abruptly ends the conversation. He usually insists on the last word.

canepazzo posted:

oh no *kills self, makes suicide note a letter to FairGame that says "you were right"*

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

It's 43-41 in a four way, too. Looks like she loses the young voters to Johnson/Stein

JeffersonClay
Jun 17, 2003

by R. Guyovich
Sherman genociding indigenous peoples--bad
Sherman total warring the confederacy--good

Phone
Jul 30, 2005

親子丼をほしい。
Trump's BMI is like 34; however, he has no neck and BMI is not a scientifically rigorous apparatus to measure someone's health.

We rate this as a Half-Truth.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

computer parts posted:

Eh, I mean I'll judge Stalin for being an anti-semite even if he did beat the Nazis.

That's a little bit different imo but I'll agree with you broadly anyways. I certainly do wish that Sherman (and Lincoln) were anti-racists like myself. That they weren't won't sour me to their actual accomplishments towards my goals however.

theflyingorc
Jun 28, 2008

Young Orc
Donald Trump's heart giving out in the middle of this would be pretty interesting.

Jeb Bush rises like a Phoenix from the ashes

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5JG5WrqKHUQ

RealityWarCriminal
Aug 10, 2016

:o:
That 'big' Newsweek story was seriously underwhelming.

Subvisual Haze
Nov 22, 2003

The building was on fire and it wasn't my fault.
The most important thing when studying history is to remind yourself that everyone was a war criminal and morally inferior to you.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

JeffersonClay posted:

Sherman genociding indigenous peoples--bad
Sherman total warring the confederacy--good

Unless that total war shortened reconstruction then it becomes a bad choice

Subvisual Haze posted:

The most important thing when studying history is to remind yourself that everyone was a war criminal and morally inferior including you.

Fyfy

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

Also, this:

Donald Trump on 9/11: if elected, "You Will Find Out Who Really Knocked Down The World Trade Center"

From Pepe to Jet Fuel Can't Smelt Steel Beams, it's a short leap.

pangstrom
Jan 25, 2003

Wedge Regret
Bodybuilders like to talk about their body and its building and BMI is about as good an opening as a civilian will give them.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
Setting all else aside, I think we can all agree that Donald Trump has a gross fat flabby body

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

Guy Goodbody posted:

Setting all else aside, I think we can all agree that Donald Trump has a gross fat flabby body

His tailor is a miracle worker, his suits just make him look kinda fat, not obese as gently caress. The shots of him in golf wear are pretty :gonk:.

Iron Crowned
May 6, 2003

by Hand Knit

Guy Goodbody posted:

So, stock photo of a Stephen Root lookalike was lying about him being the healthiest person to ever live ever?

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.
https://twitter.com/TheMattWilstein/status/776132715296940033

I've run out of ways to express my dissatisfaction with this election.

Augus
Mar 9, 2015

They're gonna need to give Trump two podiums when he debates Hillary
:sad:

Augus fucked around with this message at 20:12 on Sep 14, 2016

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

canepazzo posted:

It's 43-41 in a four way, too. Looks like she loses the young voters to Johnson/Stein

Don't third party voters tend to fail at actually voting? Or is that not relevant in this case because "lol this election?"

Mind_Taker
May 7, 2007

Wait Trump is 6'2"? For some reason that blows my mind, maybe because he's just got lovely posture and that makes him seem shorter.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Cthulhumatic posted:

Don't third party voters tend to fail at actually voting? Or is that not relevant in this case because "lol this election?"

They usually do. 538 has already run some pieces on how the dip that third parties usually suffer should (historically speaking) have gotten going by now, but hasn't really.

Trabisnikof
Dec 24, 2005

Cthulhumatic posted:

People are way more likely to say they will vote third party when asked (and especially if idk isn't an allowed answer).

It's another methodology issue the LA Times poll avoids :v:

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

WampaLord posted:

His tailor is a miracle worker, his suits just make him look kinda fat, not obese as gently caress. The shots of him in golf wear are pretty :gonk:.

Every time you think of Donald Trump, remember that he's got a lot of sweat where his belly folds over his crotch. It's a big fat sweaty crevice where those two pieces of flesh meet.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Trabisnikof posted:

Unless that total war shortened reconstruction then it becomes a bad choice

In all honesty Reconstruction only failed because we let white Southerners vote again too early. If we had waited 100 years before we let these shits decide anything maybe we could have made actual progress, and not have been forced to pass the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act to get anything done.

Unormal
Nov 16, 2004

Mod sass? This evening?! But the cakes aren't ready! THE CAKES!
Fun Shoe

dex_sda
Oct 11, 2012

Epic High Five posted:

Bodybuilders actually take great pride in how much they break the BMI ratings

Can confirm

computer parts
Nov 18, 2010

PLEASE CLAP

lozzle posted:

In all honesty Reconstruction only failed because we let white Southerners vote again too early. If we had waited 100 years before we let these shits decide anything maybe we could have made actual progress, and not have been forced to pass the Civil Rights Act and Voting Rights Act to get anything done.

It wasn't white Southerners that made the most segregated cities in America.

The Puppy Bowl
Jan 31, 2013

A dog, in the house.

*woof*

vyelkin posted:

One thing that Newsweek article does is have a very succinct takedown of the Clinton Foundation molehill:

Also, the Guardian has published leaked court documents from Wisconsin revealing just how much corporate money was involved in helping Scott Walker win his recall election:

https://www.theguardian.com/us-news/ng-interactive/2016/sep/14/john-doe-files-scott-walker-corporate-cash-american-politics

It's a lengthy piece but the short version is:

1) Scott Walker and his staff solicited millions of dollars in donations from wealthy donors and corporations
2) those donations went to the Wisconsin Club for Growth rather than any official Scott Walker fund
3) as a third party organization, there are strict limits placed on the WCfG's political activities by Wisconsin state law
4) regardless, the WCfG appears to have been directly involved in the re-election campaigns of Walker, six Wisconsin state senators, and several Wisconsin Supreme Court judges
5) wealthy donors may have been repaid with favourable legislation, for example immunity from lawsuits for manufacturers of lead paint
6) a secret investigation (think The Wire but with Madison filling in for Baltimore) Wisconsin police have been assembling a case that Walker or others violated state law by funneling this dark money around
7) the Wisconsin Supreme Court, which has a 4-3 conservative majority, ruled that the investigation had to be shut down and all the paperwork destroyed
8) the secret investigators have appealed the decision to the US Supreme Court, arguing that two of the conservative justices on the WSC should have recused themselves from the case because they were recipients of the WCfG money, specifically so that they would be on the bench to protect against judicial challenges to Walker's anti-union laws
9) someone leaked 1500 pages of documents to the Guardian, including secret court filings and a number of emails and briefing notes sent by Walker and his staff, revealing the meetings and phone calls Walker had with wealthy donors and the wealthy donors' subsequent contributions to the WCfG
10) the USSC's decision on whether or not they will hear the appeal is expected in the next few days

Pages back but everyone should really read this. I know it's easy to get wrapped up in the election but this stuff is important to know in detail.

Majorian
Jul 1, 2009

Marlows posted:

Nah, Sherman was very skilled but Grant was still the best big picture strategist of the war. Grant also cared more about the freedpeople than Sherman. Though to be honest I've always had a sweet spot for Grant.

Hoo boy, I must respectfully disagree. I think Cold Harbor and the broader Overland Campaign kind of fly in the face of Grant being the best big picture strategist.:stare:

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?
https://twitter.com/Nate_Cohn/status/776137509856219136

get ready for that low energy trump turnout lmao

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

corn in the bible
Jun 5, 2004

Oh no oh god it's all true!
lol trumps at flint today

• Locked thread