Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
greatn
Nov 15, 2006

by Lowtax
Then you are complicit in Putin's. And who would YOU rather have bombing you?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

emdash
Oct 19, 2003

and?

WampaLord posted:

Didn't they literally just say that Trump was 267? Wasn't that what we were talking about yesterday?

sort of, some people said that 267 was the number mentioned at the Dr. Oz taping, I think someone even said Trump disputed it

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Sounds like someone who will suffer few or no personal consequences if Trump is elected. I'm sure America's substantial immigrant population agree that a couple terms of Trump is just what the dumbass electorate needs to get in shape.

Grow up or stop posting.

Excuse me? I'd be right hosed if Trump gets elected. Like half my family could get deported hosed. gently caress you and gently caress off with that poo poo.

I don't control the electorate. Hillary's presently winning, so clearly she's doing something right. I don't know what more you expect her to do when half the electorate and the media is dead set against her. She's not a bad candidate, people are just stupid fucks, and if they want to vote fascism in against our best efforts, you either admit defeat or you start questioning democracy itself.

FAUXTON
Jun 2, 2005

spero che tu stia bene

Optimus Subprime posted:

Yeah there is no way trump is only 235 pounds being that he is a pretty hefty dude at like 6'2".

Yeah he's probably 260-270 easily with that pear shape he's got going on. I used to be about 275 at 6'3" and he seems about as tubby.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.
Aaaaand Ford just called bullshit on Trump's statement that they were moving to Mexico. But nothing matters.

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

greatn posted:

Then you are complicit in Putin's. And who would YOU rather have bombing you?

Hey, whoa, I didn't vote for Putin so I'm not approving his :smug: :smug: :smug:

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

emdash posted:

sort of, some people said that 267 was the number mentioned at the Dr. Oz taping, I think someone even said Trump disputed it

That probably makes it close to the actual number.

Geostomp
Oct 22, 2008

Unite: MASH!!
~They've got the bad guys on the run!~

Lightning Knight posted:

I mean, that's kind of irrelevant. If the electorate honestly isn't loving smart enough to understand that Hillary is the better bet than the cheeto fascist, or really any Republican, then gently caress 'em. Let some other country run the show for awhile, because American voters would clearly be incapable of handling that responsibility.

Like seriously this isn't hard. There's no truth is in the middle and the perceptions or conspiracy theories surrounding Hillary are stupid and irrelevant. If people are too stupid to realize that then they get what they vote for, and maybe a few Trumps later they'll learn their lesson. In the meantime, we have someone who is qualified and capable, and that's what matters.

They won't learn anything because Trump, like all Republicans, always has someone else they can blame and will get validation for the sake of "balance" by the media. He'll blame liberals, RINOs, the media, immigrants, Muslims, black people, young people, Mexicans, Obama, Hillary, basically everyone but himself and those who bow before his whims. His supporters will cling to him even harder since he represents their big chance to "take back" the nation and remain dominant despite changing demographics making old white people less relevant.

LeeMajors
Jan 20, 2005

I've gotta stop fantasizing about Lee Majors...
Ah, one more!

Noam Chomsky posted:

It's an important part of men's health, though I'm sure that's not the only or even the reason it was listed.

Oh, I'm aware that it is a reasonable check--but to mention it prominently in a health disclosure is hilarious.

This isn't just a copy of his labwork, and that was totally intentional.

Donkwich
Feb 28, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I'm surprised the doctor's note didn't also list the length of his very large penis.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
I bet Trump can't even bench the ez curl bar. Sad!

RevKrule
Jul 9, 2001

Thrilling the forums since 2001

It must be Trump disclosure day where they release statements that create wayyyyyy more questions than answers.
https://twitter.com/MELANIATRUMP/status/776050512772886529

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news...wn-immigration/

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Jeez guys, stop unskewing the medical records.

WampaLord
Jan 14, 2010

DemeaninDemon posted:

I bet Trump can't even bench the ez curl bar. Sad!

He thinks standing and speaking for an hour is exercise.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

WampaLord posted:

He thinks standing and speaking for an hour is exercise.

do you think summoning that much hatred towards everything that isn't a white male doesn't take it's toll?

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

Geostomp posted:

They won't learn anything because Trump, like all Republicans, always has someone else they can blame and will get validation for the sake of "balance" by the media. He'll blame liberals, RINOs, the media, immigrants, Muslims, black people, young people, Mexicans, Obama, Hillary, basically everyone but himself and those who bow before his whims. His supporters will cling to him even harder since he represents their big chance to "take back" the nation and remain dominant despite changing demographics making old white people less relevant.

I don't disagree. I also don't know what you want to do about it other than overhauling the entire political and education system. Which I don't disagree with either, but which is also completely impossible.

I just detest this notion that Hillary is a bad candidate.

Republican: Hillary bad!

Voter: hm, you don't say.

Hillary: I'm not bad.

Voter: I'm not sure I believe you.

Voter: yep, checks out! :downs:

People bitch about secrecy and bad decisions on Hillary's part, but she's generally more transparent than her peers and does mostly the same basic poo poo as her peers. It only matters so much to people because they really want to believe she's bad. She clearly tries to dispel these notions, but what are you going to do about 30 years of bullshit scaremongering?

Hillary was the most qualified candidate running. Somebody better may exist, but they didn't run. Bernie ran, but he wasn't better. I liked Bernie, but he would've gotten smashed in a general. So we're left with Hillary, who by any reasonable metric is a good candidate running on a good platform. If people are so eager to believe lies and conspiracies they'll ignore that and any attempts on our parts to change their minds, how can we fix that? What do we do different?

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx
Sweating doesn't equal exercise.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011

DemeaninDemon posted:

Sweating doesn't equal exercise.

If yelling and sweating equaled exercise Alex Jones would be the fittest man on the planet. Instead he looks like a thumb.

Huzanko
Aug 4, 2015

by FactsAreUseless

vyelkin posted:

If yelling and sweating equaled exercise Alex Jones would be the fittest man on the planet. Instead he looks like a thumb.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2okLFw9TIEI&t=204s

FairGame
Jul 24, 2001

Der Kommander

Not only would Sanders lose to Trump, it also would've gotten loving Bloomberg involved in the election.

Short of Joe Biden running, HRC was the best candidate possible. She's also extremely bad at campaigning, which is her fault. She's also extremely hated for being HRC, which is not her fault.

But all this "if only they'd nominated Bernie" is nonsense.

sexpig by night
Sep 8, 2011

by Azathoth

Lightning Knight posted:

I don't disagree. I also don't know what you want to do about it other than overhauling the entire political and education system. Which I don't disagree with either, but which is also completely impossible.

I just detest this notion that Hillary is a bad candidate.

Voter: hm, you don't say.

Hillary: I'm not bad.

Voter: I'm not sure I believe you.

Voter: yep, checks out! :downs:

People bitch about secrecy and bad decisions on Hillary's part, but she's generally more transparent than her peers and does mostly the same basic poo poo as her peers. It only matters so much to people because they really want to believe she's bad. She clearly tries to dispel these notions, but what are you going to do about 30 years of bullshit scaremongering?

Hillary was the most qualified candidate running. Somebody better may exist, but they didn't run. Bernie ran, but he wasn't better. I liked Bernie, but he would've gotten smashed in a general. So we're left with Hillary, who by any reasonable metric is a good candidate running on a good platform. If people are so eager to believe lies and conspiracies they'll ignore that and any attempts on our parts to change their minds, how can we fix that? What do we do different?

See also: why the NYT and others are dumpster fires in their reporting on her 'trust issue'.

NYT: The Clinton Foundation looks shady!

Voter: Oh poo poo it does?

Clinton: I mean, maybe? But it's been investigated many times and nothing has ever come back as bad. In fact a lot of my stuff has been checked out more than the other guy's and nothing has been found.

Voter: Yea but I dunno, you're shady, I don't know if I can trust you.

NYT: Ok sure nothing was found but it looks bad still, very shady looking, scary!

Voter: See I knew it!

radical meme
Apr 17, 2009

by Fluffdaddy

Donkwich posted:

I'm surprised the doctor's note didn't also list the length of his very large penis.

Mr. Trump is 6.5 inches, uncut; equal to the length of his small right hand.

vyelkin
Jan 2, 2011
Media: Hillary Clinton is shady and lies

Clinton: Here is documented proof that I am transparent and honest

Media: Well that can't be true because everyone knows that you're a shady liar so you must just be hiding everything really really well, let's do ten more articles about this

TyrantWD
Nov 6, 2010
Ignore my doomerism, I don't think better things are possible

Noam Chomsky posted:

They're poor, unemployed, underemployed, uneducated, miseducated, misinformed, etc. Desperate people who want some help but don't know enough to know who's to blame for their problems. Sure, some of them are just mean bastards but most are desperate rubes being taken advantage of.

Dismissing Trump's unwavering supporters as desperate, but good, people who are being conned is how we got Trump in the first place.

duz
Jul 11, 2005

Come on Ilhan, lets go bag us a shitpost

Donkwich posted:

I presume he traced an outline of it on the reverse of that paper.

Lightning Knight
Feb 24, 2012

Pray for Answer

TyrantWD posted:

Dismissing Trump's unwavering supporters as desperate, but good, people who are being conned is how we got Trump in the first place.

Trump's supporters don't bring the best of America; they bring racism and misogyny... And some, I assume, are good people.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

And then the Walker poo poo-show and Trump debacle meet up just before the season finale

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/776416099508158464

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Making conservatives not trust mass media so that they have their perception of reality molded according to conservative leaders was bad but the way they've handled this election the public is making the correct choice now to be incredibly skeptical of their reporting.

What's extra frustrating is every other day some journalist complaining about people distrusting the media since it's not like we can't see what's in front of our faces and aren't as idiotic as they seem to believe.

TyrantWD posted:

Yeah Hillary is right and a lot of the blame for our lovely situation is on the hands of a portion of the American public and pretending that everyone in this country is a good person that is sometimes led astray by rear end in a top hat politicians is patronizing and also ignores a growing problem.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

Shageletic posted:

And then the Walker poo poo-show and Trump debacle meet up just before the season finale

https://twitter.com/kenvogel/status/776416099508158464

And this will go nowhere. Because why should anyone investigate actually unethical, potentially illegal, dealings that don't have the word "Clinton" in them.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Trump Criticizes Flint Pastor — But Misstates Key Facts About Their Encounter

I seriously wonder if people are avoiding the word "lied" because it would open them up to some weird libel thing where they'd have to prove intent to lie.

Altimeter
Sep 10, 2003

Inferior Third Season posted:

Of course he'll rubberstamp whatever Congress passes, because he's a lazy gently caress that doesn't care at all about policy. He'll be Colonel Potter wanting to get out of the office and Congress will be Corporal Radar O'Reilly trying to get a three-day pass signed. Just put the paper in front of him, and he'll sign it, because he doesn't give a poo poo and doesn't want to read it.

Potter gave a poo poo, you're thinking of Colonel Blake.

WeAreTheRomans
Feb 23, 2010

by R. Guyovich

Mutar posted:

Potter gave a poo poo, you're thinking of Colonel Blake.

Potter still left all the admin to Radar though, but yeah Henry is the better analogy

Ralepozozaxe
Sep 6, 2010

A Veritable Smorgasbord!

FactsAreUseless posted:

I seriously wonder if people are avoiding the word "lied" because it would open them up to some weird libel thing where they'd have to prove intent to lie.

Trump said he would make libel laws much harder if he won, and since they're trying their hardest to get him elected they don't want to get sued.

Solkanar512
Dec 28, 2006

by the sex ghost

FactsAreUseless posted:

I think it still goes back to the widely held belief that if you're calling someone a liar that you're "biased" and "taking sides" or some such bullshit.

Shageletic
Jul 25, 2007

quote:

“It’s not that a fiscally conservative, pro-life candidate can’t win in Colorado,” Wadhams said. “But number one, you don’t campaign on that. And number two, you take up an issue that shows you’ve got something outside the regular Republican agenda.”

http://www.theatlantic.com/politics/archive/2016/09/the-state-that-fell-off-the-map/499529/

canepazzo
May 29, 2006

https://twitter.com/IsaacDovere/status/776434917861367809

Oh junior...

Unzip and Attack
Mar 3, 2008

USPOL May

CelestialScribe posted:

It has a +6 bias towards Trump. Which means she's lost several points in a week and the National race is tied.

Toxx or get the gently caress out you insufferable douche.

Luna Was Here
Mar 21, 2013

Lipstick Apathy
Trump JR. as to why Trump SR wont release tax returns: people would look at them

straight up brolic
Jan 31, 2007

After all, I was nice in ball,
Came to practice weed scented
Report card like the speed limit

:homebrew::homebrew::homebrew:

"Warm up the gas chamber" lmao Jesus christ

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ComradeCosmobot
Dec 4, 2004

USPOL July

Once again demonstrating the enduring ability of the Trump camp to deploy the "I'm rubber and you're glue" defense.

• Locked thread