Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
don't be racist dongsbot its unbecoming

not all of us are illiterate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Atomic Soda posted:

if it will make you feel better i'll allow it

Whew, thanks. I appreciate it.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
[b##]unvote[/b]

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
##unvote

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

AS typed a lot of words and typing words is good day one so AS is probably a good.

Thank you god bless.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

CCKeane posted:

AS typed a lot of words and typing words is good day one so AS is probably a good.

Thank you god bless.

This and also they are good words so that is cool.

It's a busy day today for me at work but since we have a super duper long day 1 I'm not too worried

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
max are you scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

fair enough chaos

i think a somber or pmom lynch is the best way forward today, and would prefer to lynch somber.

i think the interactions across the last few pages point to somber as scum, and i'm also suss on taste. i lay out the trail of posts i find suss above.

who do you think is scum?

I don't have a particularly strong scum read at the moment. Gun to my head because you're going to vig me if I don't make a scum call? I'd take PMom, their vote for Somber seemed like a big overreaction

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

dongsbot 9000 posted:

thats the most words ive ever seen an australian type

I try. But I just live here, I'm not one of them!

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

kordansk posted:

Would not vote atomic soda at this point. Reasoning well thought out and did not misrepresent posts to create a narrative.

I disagree with this assessment. By staying factual and non opinionated, scum can create content without having to fake towniness. I think this is null, anyone can summarize what has happened (even by page), it has no bearing on alignment until those facts are placed in a framework and opinions are made based on them.

This is not saying I think AS is scum, just that I don't think the :words: make her town.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Atomic Soda posted:

also prolly just read conclusions, the summary is my evidence trail mostly

Oh ok cool. Was on mobile and started reading it then noticed it is just a big wall of stuff so I just skipped on right by the conclusions part. My bad.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Grandicap posted:

I disagree with this assessment. By staying factual and non opinionated, scum can create content without having to fake towniness. I think this is null, anyone can summarize what has happened (even by page), it has no bearing on alignment until those facts are placed in a framework and opinions are made based on them.

This is not saying I think AS is scum, just that I don't think the :words: make her town.

:agreed:

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Like in her 10 billion words, this is what she gets out of it.

Atomic Soda posted:

i think there is more than just the 'joke post' that points to somber as scum, and i'm also very suss of taste. i am much more happy to vote somber than pmom today. either flip would tell us alot.

More somber than Pmom, but wants to see a flip.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

chaoslord posted:

Gun to my head because you're going to vig me if I don't make a scum call?

?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

max are you scum

Nope.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby

Grandicap posted:

Like in her 10 billion words, this is what she gets out of it.

More somber than Pmom, but wants to see a flip.

i feel it is useful to post reasonings and point out possible factions as well say who i think is scum. i think i've put a good argument for why somber is likely scum if people can make it through 10 billion words. :)

it is true that the occasional deluge of words is null tell for me, i'm def town this game tho.

are your reasons for voting pmom still just the reaction to sombers vote?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Atomic Soda posted:

i feel it is useful to post reasonings and point out possible factions as well say who i think is scum. i think i've put a good argument for why somber is likely scum if people can make it through 10 billion words. :)

it is true that the occasional deluge of words is null tell for me, i'm def town this game tho.

AS, my one thing is that you usually start out quiet and slow and build up to something later. Is this just an evolution of your game or are you hiding something?

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Like, if someone came into the thread and said "Chaoslord I am going to vig you if you dont tell me who is scum", then I'd say Pmom. But outside of that kind of pressure, I don't have strong feelings for a scum currently.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
probably just getting a bit more confident max, plus i have time to post atm :)

i also think that the somber/taste interactions in particular were worth pointing out, no one set of posts were damning but altogether i think it makes a good case.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Like, if someone came into the thread and said "Chaoslord I am going to vig you if you dont tell me who is scum", then I'd say Pmom. But outside of that kind of pressure, I don't have strong feelings for a scum currently.

That's not what the phrase means in this game, usually. Why are you worried about a vig?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

That's not what the phrase means in this game, usually. Why are you worried about a vig?

Actually, you were the one that brought that up, so that's double plus bad.

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

Atomic Soda posted:

Yeah, I have no real problems with your posts, the problem I had with people holding it up as massive proof of you being a bastion of towniness.

But, yeah, PMom doesn't feel legit, the reaction seems forced and faked, he talks about Somber doubling down, but joke voting someone, it eliciting a reaction, then real voting is not a bad thing. I mean, Somber clearly transitions from joke vote to real vote. Then there is this sort of behavior

Like this type of post:

Pinterest Mom posted:

I'm voting scum, I'm plenty engaged

Pinterest Mom posted:

Well if I get dunked, whose fault is that

It is shirking responsibility and refusing to engage. This means there will be fewer interactions to judge PMom on, it is scum throwing up a wall. If this were later in the game, I could see a townie having a similar reaction, but this early, PMom shouldn't be as exasperated as this makes him look.

Atomic Soda
Jun 9, 2005

drink this baby
grandi i agree pmom posting more about his reasons would be helpful to town.

ah thanks chaos that makes sense tho it was an odd thing to bring up.

goodnight everyone

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

Words are fine for day 1, and generating content, even content that's not necessarily particularly insightful, generally sets a stage and provides thoughts that can later be used if a player is scum. It's a good habit to encourage, and I'm disinclined to vote somebody actively participating day one because of it.

Says the man who posted like 4 times since the game started *coughs up a lung*

Grandicap
Feb 8, 2006

CCKeane posted:

Words are fine for day 1, and generating content, even content that's not necessarily particularly insightful, generally sets a stage and provides thoughts that can later be used if a player is scum. It's a good habit to encourage, and I'm disinclined to vote somebody actively participating day one because of it.

Says the man who posted like 4 times since the game started *coughs up a lung*

I have no qualms with this position Mr. Keane.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

Pinterest Mom posted:

A good reason to vote Somber, imo, is that he doubled down on his vote for me despite clearly not believing I'm scum.

I agree with this ##vote somber

I agreed with you on your first interaction w/ somber too but that's because I just read it 15 minutes ago

also keane is scum

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

Here is a recap because I feel like you must have missed something.

AS asked who I thought was scum.
I told AS I did not have a particularly strong scum read, but gun to my head I would pick PMom. I brought up a vig here as an example because threatening that is the literal in game equivalent to gun to head.
AS was confused for some reason.
I explained what I meant.

How is "threatening a vig" not exactly a gun to head situation?

I am not worried about a vig. Context is important.

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this

BottleKnight posted:

I agreed with you on your first interaction w/ somber too but that's because I just read it 15 minutes ago

dumb syntax, not BECAUSE i just read it 15 minutes ago, but despite it happening days ago and a ton of discussion happening, i wanted to still say my thoughts since i haven't posted much d1

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

Here is a recap because I feel like you must have missed something.

AS asked who I thought was scum.
I told AS I did not have a particularly strong scum read, but gun to my head I would pick PMom. I brought up a vig here as an example because threatening that is the literal in game equivalent to gun to head.
AS was confused for some reason.
I explained what I meant.

How is "threatening a vig" not exactly a gun to head situation?

I am not worried about a vig. Context is important.

The part I'm missing is I don't see AS saying "Gun to your head." You used the phrase yourself and then also brought up the vig thing totally unprompted. It's a weird state of mind to be thinking like that.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Like, "gun to your head" or "Gun to my head", in this game, usually just means "If I have to make a decision right this moment."

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?
Liking Chaosloard as town. Like, Max is being flustered and awkward and that's the kind of thing I'd think scum would pounce on for d1.

AS' words are heavier on summary than analysis but it isn't striking me (cough cough in this case cough) trying to masquerade as analysis. Null to town-ish.

I am not seeing the case on Somber. Somber flipflopped when Pmom stopped making serious effort. It's a little tunneled but it's not in and of itself scummy.

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

Grandicap posted:

I have no qualms with this position Mr. Keane.

Haha, please. Mr. Keane is my father!

Call me Dr. Keane.

chaoslord
Jan 28, 2009

Nature Abhors A Vacuum

Max posted:

Like, "gun to your head" or "Gun to my head", in this game, usually just means "If I have to make a decision right this moment."

...yes? That was the whole point?

I don't have a strong scum read BUT if I had to pick one right now it is PMom.

That was the message I was trying to convey and I used a phrase that is very common to convey it. The vig thing was probably over explaining, sure, (to save you time I'll just put your "ha, scum slip!" here), but the message was plain and clear.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Liking Chaosloard as town. Like, Max is being flustered and awkward and that's the kind of thing I'd think scum would pounce on for d1.

AS' words are heavier on summary than analysis but it isn't striking me (cough cough in this case cough) trying to masquerade as analysis. Null to town-ish.

I am not seeing the case on Somber. Somber flipflopped when Pmom stopped making serious effort. It's a little tunneled but it's not in and of itself scummy.

when did I stop making serious effort the game's been going on for a day

Max
Nov 30, 2002

chaoslord posted:

...yes? That was the whole point?

I don't have a strong scum read BUT if I had to pick one right now it is PMom.

That was the message I was trying to convey and I used a phrase that is very common to convey it. The vig thing was probably over explaining, sure, (to save you time I'll just put your "ha, scum slip!" here), but the message was plain and clear.

Fair.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Yeah, I was initially down on Somber because nth dimensional chess, but Pmom's total collapse has really gotten me switched around on the whole thing, and I'm definitely not seeing anyone else I really have a scum read on.

##vote Pinterest Mom

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

"collapse"

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

when did I stop making serious effort the game's been going on for a day

Pinterest Mom posted:

I've said why I'm voting Somber.

Like right now. Like exactly this. You're mocking the attacks on you with low effort poo poo. How about instead of mocking us, you either a) look for scum elsewhere since your somber case isn't going anywhere right now, or b) make your case on him better.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Pmom

Is

Scum

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Like right now. Like exactly this. You're mocking the attacks on you with low effort poo poo. How about instead of mocking us, you either a) look for scum elsewhere since your somber case isn't going anywhere right now, or b) make your case on him better.

This is concern trolling, not genuine. I've made my case on Somber, and it's good! It's not like he's posting a whole lot, which is, you know, smart of him if he's scum under suspicion.

I'm not going to fake content for you :angel:

• Locked thread