Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

He'll take questions. This is the same stunt he always pulls - pretend he won't take questions, then "changes his mind" and takes them after all.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

https://twitter.com/PatrickTerpstra/status/776789142525149184
:getin:

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

My Imaginary GF posted:

Maple syrup poutine? Are you canucks loving insane?

De-regulate your maple syrup cartel so that America can afford the real poo poo when we go to wafflehouse.

You can always go to Vermont if you want second rate stuff.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

If God loves us very much, we're getting 'We'll deport Kenyan Muslim Obama.'

I don't expect this, mind.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

rrradical posted:

So, all this birther poo poo is just trump controlling the narrative right? I mean, at any time he can get every news outlet to talk about something and ignore all the actually terrible skeletons in his closet. And sure, he gets a bad news cycle now, but whenever he wants he can drop 'okay, Obama actually is American' and get a redemption cycle then as well. Basically he can wait for something really damaging to come out, or after a bad debate, and then say something 'sane', and the media will love him.

I feel like I'm living in crazy town.

I was saying this earlier but as was pointed out to me, it would be incredibly difficult even for him to shrug off a bad debate performance with puff piece nonsense. If he can pied piper the media even then then welp there's not much we can do about it.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

DaveWoo posted:

He'll take questions. This is the same stunt he always pulls - pretend he won't take questions, then "changes his mind" and takes them after all.

He just wants to be unpredictable!

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Raenir Salazar posted:

Leave Joe alone.

Petr
Oct 3, 2000
I'm glad you've all come around to the realization that Clinton has no hope and we should all begin looking for emigration marriages.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

DaveWoo posted:

If he does, expect backsies from the press for the stunt he pulled last night with them.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

If God loves us very much, we're getting 'We'll deport Kenyan Muslim Obama.'

I don't expect this, mind.

A small part of me clings to the hope that a video will be leaked ala 47% where Trump calls Obama a racial slur.

Islam is the Lite Rock FM
Jul 27, 2007

by exmarx

Petr posted:

I'm glad you've all come around to the realization that Clinton has no hope and we should all begin looking for emigration marriages.

Na Hillary's still winning.

Filthy Hans
Jun 27, 2008

by Fluffdaddy

(and can't post for 10 years!)

What are the odds that Trump pulls a fast one and doesn't say that he personally believes Obama was born in Hawaii or that he was wrong about Birtherism? I expect some sort of bullshit this morning out of him.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.
I expect him to blame Hillary. The real question is whether or not anyone follows up with "but what YOU think"

I dunno, I like to think even the press had been mollified at this point and is ready for "CLINTON BEGINS HUGE COMEBACK AFTER BOUNCING BACK FROM ILLNESS" just to stem the bleeding/further horse race.

I don't know though. I'm tired of nothing mattering. I'm going to pretend things matter now until Trump is either beat or elected.

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Filthy Hans posted:

What are the odds that Trump pulls a fast one and doesn't say that he personally believes Obama was born in Hawaii or that he was wrong about Birtherism? I expect some sort of bullshit this morning out of him.

Considering I'm pretty sure he's said as much twice in the last 24 hours, very high.

E: vv what exactly IS his economic message to minorities besides "What do you have to lose"?

Luigi Thirty
Apr 30, 2006

Emergency confection port.

https://twitter.com/JoshuaGreen/status/776615213042917376

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Raenir Salazar posted:

I think you mean Iowa.

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

I think Trump has just enough sense to know that it's a hell of a lot easier to go after Hillary then Obama with his high popularity. The last thing he wants is to set up Obama with a ton of zingers about how idiotic he is about being a current birther.

Madre de Dios

Dexo
Aug 15, 2009

A city that was to live by night after the wilderness had passed. A city that was to forge out of steel and blood-red neon its own peculiar wilderness.

:allears:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

CascadeBeta posted:

Considering I'm pretty sure he's said as much twice in the last 24 hours, very high.

Please point to the tweet where he himself does this instead of a surrogate.

Because they only thing I've seen from him personally is "oh just wait a minute, I'll get back to you"

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

My Imaginary GF posted:

I think you mean Iowa.

That's not even near Quebec.

Inversely Florida has the best blue berry maple syrup, my grand parents bring it to me.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I'm starting to suspect their 'minority outreach' wasn't actually a clever strategy to get white Republicans back on board and that he's actually, genuinely certain he can win over The Blacks.

Cthulhumatic
May 21, 2007
Not dreaming...just turned off.

So minorities are easily-duped idiots? Is the Trump team's minority research a racist cartoon from the early 1900s?

30 TO 50 FERAL HOG
Mar 2, 2005

blunt for century posted:

A guy on facebook posted this.

How often do cops in the real world run into situations where 10 year old girls are trying to kill them?

Don't redact names of people like this

Koalas March
May 21, 2007

Hillary and Sanders serving piping hot tea! I'm living for this.

I would absolutely love to watch a video of this speech if anyone can find it.

lozzle
Oct 22, 2012

by zen death robot

Night10194 posted:

I'm starting to suspect their 'minority outreach' wasn't actually a clever strategy to get white Republicans back on board and that he's actually, genuinely certain he can win over The Blacks.

He's gonna get 95% of them in 2020 after all.

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Raenir Salazar posted:

That's not even near Quebec.

Inversely Florida has the best blue berry maple syrup, my grand parents bring it to me.

Iowa produces the syrup for IHOP & WaffleHouse.

iospace
Jan 19, 2038

Cthulhumatic posted:

So minorities are easily-duped idiots? Is the Trump team's minority research a racist cartoon from the early 1900s?

Honestly, I think that minorities (and this is as a white woman on the outside looking in, so heaping of salt) are very familiar with the song and dance that the GOP puts on for them, and they ignore it very well.

Jackard
Oct 28, 2007

We Have A Bow And We Wish To Use It

Raenir Salazar posted:

He was absolutely right though am i recalling correctly?
Nah they just ignored the testing, he got in by recommendation

CascadeBeta
Feb 14, 2009

by Cyrano4747

Chokes McGee posted:

Please point to the tweet where he himself does this instead of a surrogate.

Because they only thing I've seen from him personally is "oh just wait a minute, I'll get back to you"

I phrased it poorly, I meant that despite Trump's campaign managers saying he's over it, Trump himself has said the opposite.

Spiritus Nox
Sep 2, 2011

Lol at the notion that minorities just need to hear Trump go "Yeah, sure, Obama's an American citizen, I guess" and then just go "Oh, well, things are okay now, then."

Eggplant Squire
Aug 14, 2003

Koalas March posted:

Hillary and Sanders serving piping hot tea! I'm living for this.

I would absolutely love to watch a video of this speech if anyone can find it.

Yeah that's a really good statement and gets to the heart of the issue.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

lozzle posted:

He's gonna get 95% of them in 2020 after all.

Well, yeah, those will be the only ones deemed pliant enough to be permitted to live.

I legit worry for my sister, my two brothers, and their kids. My family adopted 3 black kids, and so I have family that would be directly affected and in serious danger from Trumpenstaffel. :smith:

Pakled
Aug 6, 2011

WE ARE SMART

Night10194 posted:

Trump probably believes he can but I don't think the people running his campaign are under any such delusions.

Shifty Pony
Dec 28, 2004

Up ta somethin'

Have we discussed how Trump mysteriously grew an inch for his current physical, which just so coincidentally made his BMI squeak under the threshold for being obese?

Kro-Bar
Jul 24, 2004
USPOL May
Does anyone have a good stream for Trump's event today?

DAD LOST MY IPOD
Feb 3, 2012

Fats Dominar is on the case

Unless and until Hillary comes out with a message saying explicitly "poor people, I know you are struggling mightily with a system that seems rigged against you, and I am going to be your champion and bring opportunities back to your communities" she will continue to lose ground, and if she does not have such a message by election time she will lose the race. That's what is backing Trump. She can't win votes by proving that he's incompetent or unsuited to the Presidency, because a lot of people know that and are voting for him anyways. They're doing it to punish a system they perceive (correctly) as having screwed them. She doesn't have to explicitly say "poor white people" but she does have to avoid saying that the biggest problem is racism, because poor white people hear that and understand that they're not the ones being addressed.

Someday in the future a purely minority coalition will win elections, but right now the US population is almost 70% non-hispanic white and the electorate is even moreso because white people vote at a higher rate than minorities. She has to make inroads there or she will lose, and all minorities will suffer for it. It may gall you to have to appeal to people you consider bigoted or undeserving, but if it does, politics isn't for you. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do and appeal to people you don't think deserve your attention if you want to win.

If every single nonwhite person in the country votes for her, she can easily still lose if whites break against her strongly enough, and right now we're nearing that point. If that happens, it won't matter that she kept her purity by refusing to appeal to poor, rural bigots.

HannibalBarca
Sep 11, 2016

History shows, again and again, how nature points out the folly of man.

Kro-Bar posted:

Does anyone have a good stream for Trump's event today?

WaPo: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bmpkgzCQMoI

Raenir Salazar
Nov 5, 2010

College Slice

My Imaginary GF posted:

Iowa produces the syrup for IHOP & WaffleHouse.

No wonder you want our syrup so bad.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

DAD LOST MY IPOD posted:

Unless and until Hillary comes out with a message saying explicitly "poor people, I know you are struggling mightily with a system that seems rigged against you, and I am going to be your champion and bring opportunities back to your communities" she will continue to lose ground, and if she does not have such a message by election time she will lose the race. That's what is backing Trump. She can't win votes by proving that he's incompetent or unsuited to the Presidency, because a lot of people know that and are voting for him anyways. They're doing it to punish a system they perceive (correctly) as having screwed them. She doesn't have to explicitly say "poor white people" but she does have to avoid saying that the biggest problem is racism, because poor white people hear that and understand that they're not the ones being addressed.

Someday in the future a purely minority coalition will win elections, but right now the US population is almost 70% non-hispanic white and the electorate is even moreso because white people vote at a higher rate than minorities. She has to make inroads there or she will lose, and all minorities will suffer for it. It may gall you to have to appeal to people you consider bigoted or undeserving, but if it does, politics isn't for you. Sometimes you have to do things you don't want to do and appeal to people you don't think deserve your attention if you want to win.

If every single nonwhite person in the country votes for her, she can easily still lose if whites break against her strongly enough, and right now we're nearing that point. If that happens, it won't matter that she kept her purity by refusing to appeal to poor, rural bigots.

quote your sources

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

My Imaginary GF
Jul 17, 2005

by R. Guyovich

Shifty Pony posted:

Have we discussed how Trump mysteriously grew an inch for his current physical, which just so coincidentally made his BMI squeak under the threshold for being obese?

Whats to wonder? Donald Trump wears high heels.

• Locked thread