Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
DID YOU KNOW somberero's extremely good case you could basically apply every single point he made on pmom to ME and it is all completely true YET he and ALSO EVERYONE ELSE thinks im town

its almost like its a REALLY BAD CASE

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

wait you think tremta is scum b/c hes saying pmom is scum

No, just that he's posting more than like, 2 posts on day 1.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

dongsbot 9000 posted:

DID YOU KNOW somberero's extremely good case you could basically apply every single point he made on pmom to ME and it is all completely true YET he and ALSO EVERYONE ELSE thinks im town

its almost like its a REALLY BAD CASE

I no longer know what you think about anything in this game.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

dongsbot 9000 posted:

will we nl day 1??? probably

Pinterest Mom posted:

we could dunk kord or somber or kfc, im opinion

dongsbot 9000 posted:

i would love to lynch kfc

dongsbot 9000 posted:

ill just start it ##unvote ##vote kfc

dongsbot 9000 posted:

someone who's bad at mafia is gonna be like "but why dongsbot 9000 i dont get it" bruh im not in a teaching mood just follow my lead

Pinterest Mom posted:

let's do it
##unvote
##vote kfc

Atomic Soda posted:

kfc is my bud im not lynching him today.

##unvote

##vote pmom[b]

Atomic Soda posted:

lets try again [b]##vote pmom

Pinterest Mom posted:

You explaining your reasoning would be helpful

Tremendous Taste posted:

Trying to bandwagon kfc is a nice reason on this very page

i mean if we're just talkign about artifical posts look @ this 1 from tremta its not even following the stream of the conversation plus even if it was ITS NOT LIKE PMOM WAS EVEN DOING THAT

i dont like to defend other ppl cuz ur never quite shore BUT tremta is a bully and a villain harrassing innocent? pmom and we should lynch and also murder him

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

compare pmom's response to UNDUE BULLYING D1 and max's response to EXTREME AND POWERFUL BULLYING and tell me that youre like "oh my god theres such a big difference i guess pmom is defintely scum im glad sombreroman made this really good case thats so good"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Max posted:

I no longer know what you think about anything in this game.

balance in all things

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the case on pmom is literally "he voted sombrero man because sombrero man voted him"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

pmom voted me then tremta voted me for some goofus reason and then i realclaimed d1 and voted pmom and sombreroman and tremta both "jokevoted" pmom and then pmom voted sombreroman back and then sombreroman said NICE OVERREACTION, SCUMBO and made it into a real case then kfc jumped onto pmom because he was convinced that sombreroman was right on his dumb case then grandicap comes on and says yeah nice overreaction and boom pmom is on 5 votes one day in

WELL LETS TAKE AL OOK AT THIS OFFENDING POST

Pinterest Mom posted:

holy poo poo i know it's hard to get back into mafia after being away so long but you should wait a little while before outing yourself as scum

##unvote
##vote somber

yeah thats right pmoms "heinous overreaction" is that sombreroman overreacted to my post by voting pmom

ANYWAY, WHOS THE TRUE VILLAIN IN ALL THIS?

its TREMTA, OBVIOUSLY

Tremendous Taste posted:

:eyepop:
##unvote
##vote pmom

ahhhh the emoticon vote so powerful b/c you can just say "oh it was a joke dumpass" if it doesnt work out and just pivot to a different vote but once grandicap and kfc jumped on tremta is riding this pony to the bus station

tremta is SCUM

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

The Lord of Hats posted:

Pinterest being prickly about a jokevote is irrational.

Pinterest being scum and trying to get Somber lynched over a jokevote is just plain stupid.

Grandicap posted:

Trying to ride momentum... maybe? Esp if the initial PM read was not a jokevote, but was too embarassed to admit it? I think PM comes off as the worse party in the interaction. I don't like it.

which doofus is ridnig momentum here:

pmom who just turned around and put the first vote of somber after an omgus

or grandicap, fifth voter on pmom??? (btw third voter was TREMTA and you know what they say about third voters)

Max
Nov 30, 2002

OK

##vote Tremendous Taste

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

now to convince 4 more posters if youre here please come in so i can sway you

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

plus maybe pmom really is scum now you can pretend to be flipped by my powerful arguments and flip to tremta

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Somber's case on me is dumb nonsense though? He's just pointing to posts I've made and saying "see he's scum"

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Pinterest Mom posted:

Somber's case on me is dumb nonsense though? He's just pointing to posts I've made and saying "see he's scum"

PLEASE VOTE TREMTA so we can get some numbers on thsi motherfucker

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i wanna kill kord tho, who is 100% scum ##unvote ##vote kord

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

faQ

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

i guess i'm going to have to take it point by point ugh. (quoting is hard so this'll be ugly dwi)

quote:

holy poo poo i know it's hard to get back into mafia after being away so long but you should wait a little while before outing yourself as scum

##unvote
##vote somber

Somberbrero posted:

a nonsense reaction that pin doubled-down on over several pages, until eventually just refusing to acknowledge that this happened.
I don't know where this is coming from? Somber's initial vote on me pinged me as scummy. I haven't refused to acknowledge it's happened. That's plain made up.

quote:

please retire from mafia

quote:

huge overreaction to being called emotional scum by taste
It's not a "huge overreaction" because there's actual context behind it - Taste often goes on the warpath on me on day one because he's loving crap at reading me. I cited The Great War earlier, but a stronger example might be Byers' CYOS game, where Taste had such a strong scum read on me that he faked a day action with a scum result on me and wouldn't move off it (we were both town). This happens a huge percentage of the time I play with Taste and I'm p. sick of it.

quote:

Idk what a case for myself means? I'm town and it's obvious and the votes on me are really bad, especially Somber, who doesn't seem to actually believe I'm scum, and KFC's, who very pointedly engaged in disingenuous questioning while voting me.

quote:

disingenuous questions that pin has never once addressed. this is like 50% omgus.

Idk why Somber is saying I haven't addressed this. I have.

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

you seriously thought for a second that there was anything serious about his vote?

Pinterest Mom posted:

Why are you asking a question you know the answer to in an outraged tone?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Dramatic effect.

DId you think his content was scummy? You didn't like his read on the lord of hats post?

Like, look at that sequence of posts. He's responding to me saying I think Somber is scum because of his initial post while asking me if that's the real reason I'm voting and suggesting alternative cases for Somber instead. That's what I mean by disingenuous - those are agenda pushing posts, not posts that are engaging with my content sincerely.

quote:

a lurker callout at a point where i have more posts than the vast majority of thread. completely dishonest.
Not a lurker callout, I'm saying "I'm not going to be building up a case on Somber if he's not posting anything more."

quote:

The scummiest thing itt is still this turnaround you had in about an hour, where you go from "nah he's not scum come on" to "well I guess we just have to kill him because he's not going to be useful" and I'm not interested in voting anyone else because I'm already voting scum.

quote:

100% dodging the two first point here, literally shrugging them off. pin can't explain their previous position honestly because it doesn't make any sense.
I don't know what that means.

quote:

Think about the powerful message it'd send to the thread if we held hands and voted kord together

quote:

obvious self-preservation, instead of trying to push the case on me he shifts to the next most convenient target. i'm the case he's pushed most of the day.
Well, yeah. I know I'm town and don't want to die, I think kord is likelier to be scum than you are, and you expressed sympathy with my case on kord. I would be much rather he get dunked than me.

quote:

I'd take issue with "just" it's really more of a gradual thing, but yeah, it's not happening today and the exclusive focus on each other isn't good for the thread

quote:

they've been posting that i am scum consistently from page to page, and now it's 'unhealthy' to do that.
Yes. I realised that the exclusive focus on you and me was sucking up all the oxygen and wanted to move on to other things. The day's useless if I'm dead and the only content left behind is a slapfight between you and me. Somber is saying this is proof I'm scum, but it's the opposite.

quote:

pin's positions are clearly inconsistent with the of natural perspective of town looking to lynch scum. the case on me is immediately transparent of pin trying to fake scumhunting, if they honestly believed their argument it would not be nearly so difficult for pin to explain it.
wrong fucko

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
chic trombone is replaced by 100yrsofattitude

hooray!

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Again, go read kord's post history
starting with this post, his exclusive focus is on justifying a vote on me

kordansk posted:

Ah yes, PMom, the anyone but vote me defense. Just curious, where do you stand on Taste?

but when I call him on it, he acts like i'm crazy for saying that he's going to vote me

Pinterest Mom posted:

Your vote is as good as on me already, and it's obviously going to shift there tomorrow. Your read of Taste is obviously fake, and your entire contribution today is just laying groundwork to try to justify your shift to me.

kordansk posted:

Tell me more about my future. My read on taste isn't fake. Trying to meta read someone is terrible and to try and use it as an excuse d1 is the epitome of post cruising to try and get a lynch without regrets.

it's garbage, and it's scum.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

I'd vote kord as well (for real this time.)

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

I phrased it dramatically cause that's what you do in this game, and yeah, I have an opinion about you --- So I'm sorry if you felt unduly antagonized in a game of mafia, but I would in fact welcome a serious answer.
And I'm asking, Really? This is what you're going with?

First, as basically everyone else here has said, him voting you was a joke/continuation of dongs' joke because there's no way that his post was serious.
Second, like, where are you getting this 70% thing? If you want to expand on how you got to your read, you had the opportunity to do so. Instead you decided against that and started dissing me too. It's a scummy freakout.

I was being aggressive but I was also sincerely engaging with your content. you could have said "I'm saying he 70% agrees because of x" you weren't giving us any color, no one thinks it's even vaguely reasonable that you thought somber's post was anything other than a follow on to dongs' joke, so if that's all you had, then your case is rear end and doesn't deserve to be listened to.

You could have given us anything else and then said "I'm not going to fake content for you" --- what the gently caress are we supposed to do with that?

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

is that a rhetorical question

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?
##unvote

Pinterest's casing of Kord has me feeling less confident on him as scum--for now, at least. Going to have to look over the Kord and Tremta cases now.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

is that a rhetorical question
:bravo:
Sure, but If you have a substantive answer, I'll listen to it.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

:bravo:
Sure, but If you have a substantive answer, I'll listen to it.

:shrug:

I don't think "didn't do the greatest job of articulating a case" is something you should be holding against me

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

But I will note that a good part of Somber's case on me, that you apparently agree with, is because I did exactly this

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Like right now. Like exactly this. You're mocking the attacks on you with low effort poo poo. How about instead of mocking us, you either a) look for scum elsewhere since your somber case isn't going anywhere right now, or b) make your case on him better.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

In all of your interactions, why do you talk to pmom with the assumption that they are town? Or is it just that your read on Taste is stronger?

This - read my posts about taste.

KhyrosFinalCut
Dec 16, 2004

Get it?

Pinterest Mom posted:

But I will note that a good part of Somber's case on me, that you apparently agree with, is because I did exactly this

Can you clarify what you're saying here?

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

I'd vote kord as well (for real this time.)

Wait, if tremta is scum to you, how is me on tremta make us both scum. It serves no purpose.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Having not been involved in this whole tiff the thing that most concerns me is that Pmom has been the steady vote leader the day through, but we haven't killed him yet.

This means a few things to me:

1) Town is not that convinced that he's scum. Why is this? Obviously there's no real concrete evidence on D1, but I'm surprised that even his accusers aren't necessarily going all out to convince people to vote him. Sure Taste has just been repeating his mantra, and while Somber laid out his case it seemed to be written in response to Pmom more than anything else. I don't feel there has been a lot players trying to do the groundwork necessary to get people to move to their cause. This is either because they don't believe in it themselves, but I just think it's because we're all inherently lazy.

2) This brings me to my second point. That we're lazy and apathetic. Were Pmom actually scum, there would've been stronger opposition. Someone would've been optioned up, there'd be little benefit in getting a bus in this early in the game and I think scum are content just letting town eat their own (because they could just save him on D1, bus on D2, and gain a day for their trouble). I feel pretty ok about our more vocal players, no one seems to be trying to control the narrative in any specific way so I think scum are just letting things play out on this D1.

So no I'm not comfortable voting Pmom. The only player who I read as scum without a shadow of a doubt was kordansk. So ##vote kordansk. I gotta work for a couple of hours but I'll be back for a while before going to bed and missing deadline.

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

KhyrosFinalCut posted:

Can you clarify what you're saying here?

In that post, you're challenging me to look for scum elsewhere and find more compelling reasons to vote Somber. In the Somber case you approvingly cite as the reason you're still voting me, Somber's last three points are:

Somberbrero posted:

100% dodging the two first point here, literally shrugging them off. pin can't explain their previous position honestly because it doesn't make any sense.
Dinging me for citing the more compelling reason to vote for him (which is the revote on me while he didn't think I was scum).

Somberbrero posted:

obvious self-preservation, instead of trying to push the case on me he shifts to the next most convenient target. i'm the case he's pushed most of the day.
Dinging me for casing kord and asking him to vote for him if he agrees with my case.

Somberbrero posted:

they've been posting that i am scum consistently from page to page, and now it's 'unhealthy' to do that.
Dinging me for looking elsewhere rather than just focus on him.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Pinterest Mom posted:

Again, go read kord's post history
starting with this post, his exclusive focus is on justifying a vote on me

but when I call him on it, he acts like i'm crazy for saying that he's going to vote me

it's garbage, and it's scum.

you realize that I have been pushing for tremta all day - even though we have been talking to each other. you keep going on and on about me, and yet you are just basically ignoring the point that im trying to shift the vote off of you by pushing tremta. I don't even.... I only want to vote you at this point to either prevent a NL or just because you are being obtuse.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Actually I'll be around for another hour.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Having not been involved in this whole tiff the thing that most concerns me is that Pmom has been the steady vote leader the day through, but we haven't killed him yet.

This means a few things to me:

1) Town is not that convinced that he's scum. Why is this? Obviously there's no real concrete evidence on D1, but I'm surprised that even his accusers aren't necessarily going all out to convince people to vote him. Sure Taste has just been repeating his mantra, and while Somber laid out his case it seemed to be written in response to Pmom more than anything else. I don't feel there has been a lot players trying to do the groundwork necessary to get people to move to their cause. This is either because they don't believe in it themselves, but I just think it's because we're all inherently lazy.

2) This brings me to my second point. That we're lazy and apathetic. Were Pmom actually scum, there would've been stronger opposition. Someone would've been optioned up, there'd be little benefit in getting a bus in this early in the game and I think scum are content just letting town eat their own (because they could just save him on D1, bus on D2, and gain a day for their trouble). I feel pretty ok about our more vocal players, no one seems to be trying to control the narrative in any specific way so I think scum are just letting things play out on this D1.

So no I'm not comfortable voting Pmom. The only player who I read as scum without a shadow of a doubt was kordansk. So ##vote kordansk. I gotta work for a couple of hours but I'll be back for a while before going to bed and missing deadline.
Wait what?

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kordansk posted:

Wait, if tremta is scum to you, how is me on tremta make us both scum. It serves no purpose.

Bussing is actually a thing that exists. By that logic, do you think Pmom and Tremta are scum together? Because you are certainly suspicious of both.

I'm not saying you are both scum, just enough to warrant a vote.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

Max posted:

Bussing is actually a thing that exists. By that logic, do you think Pmom and Tremta are scum together? Because you are certainly suspicious of both.

I'm not saying you are both scum, just enough to warrant a vote.

Your logic doesn't make sense, even with coming up with some sort of bus idea. Tremta has basically no traction still, so what good does it do to bus him if I am scum. I can pile on to pmom if we were both scum without it looking suspicious, yet I am not - so basically the opposite of bussing there. I think it's less likely pmom is scum mostly because of the apathy votes on them. scum seems content to let play out that way.

The Lord of Hats
Aug 22, 2010

Hello, yes! Is being very good day for posting, no?

kordansk posted:

This - read my posts about taste.

Your taste posts amount to "Meta votes=bad" and a post in which you mostly quote him making low effort posts on Pinterest (which *is* the case, I won't deny that). Not exactly a strong record to point to there compared to your hedging on Pinterest.

That being said, I'm also not that happy with Taste--even aside from the "Hey guys, check out this chain lynch opportunity--I was being sarcastic (not that sarcastic)" on me, it's content-free anti-Pinterest posts.

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

kordansk posted:

Wait what?

We've had some chatty players but no one has really been super pushy about their ideas. Most everyone is keeping to themselves and only answering things when directly prodded. A more vocal player would be trying to encourage people to follow their leads to get something done. Like I said no one has been trying to persuade others to after Pmom outside of half hearted, "vote pmom/pmom's scum" it doesn't feel particularly convincing. Also, since no one is trying in particular to save Pmom I find it hard to believe there's a scum team at his back.

I'll put my case on you together now that I've a bit of time. I just wanted to get my vote in.

kordansk
Sep 12, 2011

The Lord of Hats posted:

Your taste posts amount to "Meta votes=bad" and a post in which you mostly quote him making low effort posts on Pinterest (which *is* the case, I won't deny that). Not exactly a strong record to point to there compared to your hedging on Pinterest.

That being said, I'm also not that happy with Taste--even aside from the "Hey guys, check out this chain lynch opportunity--I was being sarcastic (not that sarcastic)" on me, it's content-free anti-Pinterest posts.

So wait, you agree with my assessment, yet would rather push a vote on me. Is this babbys first mafia?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Max
Nov 30, 2002

kordansk posted:

Your logic doesn't make sense, even with coming up with some sort of bus idea. Tremta has basically no traction still, so what good does it do to bus him if I am scum. I can pile on to pmom if we were both scum without it looking suspicious, yet I am not - so basically the opposite of bussing there. I think it's less likely pmom is scum mostly because of the apathy votes on them. scum seems content to let play out that way.

Jump on scumbuddy early in Day 1 so you have the chance to point at that later in the event Tremta eventually flips, if you are both scum. I've done that before as scum, I know it's a thing that can happen.

And yes, you could pile on Pmom unless you want to spread out your votes or if you know pmom is going to flip town and so don't want to look bad when that lunch inevitably happens.

These are all reasonable things to look out for.

• Locked thread