Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 28, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Mg4 posted:

OMG Asiina my beat my team this week

just imagine if the falcons sit jones because the saints gently caress up that badly and jones gets like eight yards in a shutout

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

CapitalistPig posted:

I never really have this problem.

We have general skin things in my family as a whole, which a beard exacerbates, yet hides, a lot of is mainly stress and weather related.

BottleKnight posted:

Do you keep your beard short? I have a beard of medium length and it really doesn't get very scratchy after the first couple weeks. Those first two weeks are PAIN though.

I usually shave once a week. I stay clean for about half a day and then I have a shadow and stubble for a couple of days (prime time) and then it becomes short to unpleasantly short for about two weeks. I'm going to grow it long before styling it again, hopefully in December.

Podima that looks like some good stuff. I'm going to look into shipping or at least equivalencies over here in Europe. Thanks!

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

100YrsofAttitude posted:

We have general skin things in my family as a whole, which a beard exacerbates, yet hides, a lot of is mainly stress and weather related.

I usually shave once a week. I stay clean for about half a day and then I have a shadow and stubble for a couple of days (prime time) and then it becomes short to unpleasantly short for about two weeks. I'm going to grow it long before styling it again, hopefully in December.

Podima that looks like some good stuff. I'm going to look into shipping or at least equivalencies over here in Europe. Thanks!

I'd also look into some good conditioner for use in the shower. Condition your beard and the skin underneath it just like you would the hair on your scalp

100YrsofAttitude
Apr 29, 2013

Would regular hair conditioner work or would it have to be a specific one? I've never used conditioner for my hair, never needed to.

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

100YrsofAttitude posted:

Would regular hair conditioner work or would it have to be a specific one? I've never used conditioner for my hair, never needed to.

Yeah any conditioner should work just fine. Just be wary of over moisturizing your skin as that can lead to breakouts.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I got to play some great board games tonight, met someone new, and am happy. It's hard to be social in Boston since it's pretty transient for people around my age but I'm starting to meet actual people. This is my third time at this meetup and people actually recognized me which excited me more than it probably should

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

I got to play some great board games tonight, met someone new, and am happy. It's hard to be social in Boston since it's pretty transient for people around my age but I'm starting to meet actual people. This is my third time at this meetup and people actually recognized me which excited me more than it probably should

oh cool, my buddy just moved there. what'd you end up playing?

also beard balm is not that expensive if that's a thing you need. i've had mixed results with conditioner.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Somberbrero posted:

also beard balm is not that expensive if that's a thing you need. i've had mixed results with conditioner.

We played roll for the galaxy and seasons. I'll probably bring boss monster next time for a lighter game but it was fun

Pinterest Mom
Jun 9, 2009

Kashuno posted:

:)

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Somberbrero posted:

I use a beard balm and conditioner personally

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Kashuno posted:

We played roll for the galaxy and seasons. I'll probably bring boss monster next time for a lighter game but it was fun

i know seasons isn't a perfect game but it's so so loving pretty and i love being a weather wizard.

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I made some delicious Alfredo sauce today. It's slightly spicy and peppery and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not sure what's up with the chicken though as some of them pieces are a bit hard. I know I didn't overcook the chicken because plenty of other pieces are perfectly fine. I think I just ended up getting a bit of a tough breast because one of them was difficult to cut up.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
tmm, blandest of men

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

Birdstrike posted:

tmm, blandest of men

Irish people aren't known for their spicy (as in hot spicy) food.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
everyone who ragged on ecco's setup should go and check out my amazing one that you will never get to play and then just loving lament that you decided to play as a pizza or a piece of cat poo poo instead

there's basically no time for me to run something that intricate because I am going into management next week (:toot:) and so that was going to be a last hurrah before I join the ranks of the semi-retired who come back for soldiers or whatever over holidays, the good news is that unlike Gaspy there is no way I am checking out without running a game so I will run a slightly smaller one which will be much darker :unsmigghh:

CCKeane
Jan 28, 2008

my shit posts don't die, they multiply

Hahaha, yes management is a much harder job hahaha.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
Grats on your impending loss of morality and work life balance

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

I made some delicious Alfredo sauce today. It's slightly spicy and peppery and I'm pretty happy with it. I'm not sure what's up with the chicken though as some of them pieces are a bit hard. I know I didn't overcook the chicken because plenty of other pieces are perfectly fine. I think I just ended up getting a bit of a tough breast because one of them was difficult to cut up.

I'm always looking for a good Alfredo recipe if you feel like sharing. :)

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?
management is both the best and worst job i've had.

EccoRaven
Aug 15, 2004

there is only one hell:
the one we live in now
snip

EccoRaven fucked around with this message at 00:50 on Mar 28, 2020

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

I'm always looking for a good Alfredo recipe if you feel like sharing. :)

It's pretty simple and uses the standard Alfredo base: 2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 4 1/2 tbsp butter, 2 1/2 tbsp flour. I start by melting about half the butter and then adding minced garlic and crushed red pepper (I never really measure these) for a minute or so. Then I use the rest of the butter and when it's melted, I add in the flour and whisk that around for another minute or so. Then I whisk in the milk and after it starts to thicken up a little, I whisk in the cheese. Add salt and pepper and keep whisking until it's done.

If I had to guess, I probably used around a tbsp of garlic (possibly more) and somewhere between 1/4 or 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper. If I had a pepper mill, I'd probably also put fresh pepper in with the garlic/crushed red pepper at the start.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
A catholic decides to help after being guilted into it. Checks out

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact
Marriott Rewards is now linked to SPG. I have achieved my final form.

busb
Mar 19, 2009

Thorgie
I made a slow roast balsamic glazed lamb shoulder on the weekend but it did not turn out as well as I hoped. I think 180 degrees like the recipe said was too high, the sugar didn't caramelise right, it just burned.

The beetroot was delicious though, balsamic and beetroot is a great combo

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

busb posted:

I made a slow roast balsamic glazed lamb shoulder on the weekend but it did not turn out as well as I hoped. I think 180 degrees like the recipe said was too high, the sugar didn't caramelise right, it just burned.

The beetroot was delicious though, balsamic and beetroot is a great combo

kitchen wasn't green enough busb

merk
May 20, 2003

##interact

BottleKnight posted:

Hey guys! I made a quote archive on the wiki here. If you have any funny/memorable/legendary mafia posts or quotes that you would like to see archived, please post them in here or add them to that page yourself! After reading through every single page on the wiki in a matter of a day I think there's a lot to offer in terms of taking snapshots of the community, and this is the best way I could think of to do it.

*ctrl-f*

"merk"

*alt-f4*

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

merk posted:

*ctrl-f*

"merk"

*alt-f4*

That's how everyone else who sees your name acts too

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

delete that page

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...
its bad

George Kansas
Sep 1, 2008

preface all my posts with this
counterpoint: it's fine, and fun to remember good posts

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

where are the good posts

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

the best post ive ever made is all the inflammatory jewish jokes ive posted at izzhovs expense

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

dongsbot 9000 posted:

where are the good posts

here

GulagDolls
Jun 4, 2011

BottleKnight posted:

counterpoint: it's fine, and fun to remember good posts

its not good

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

"Winning is great, sure, but if you are really going to do something in life, the secret is learning how to lose. Nobody goes undefeated all the time. If you can pick up after a crushing defeat, and go on to win again, you are going to be a champion someday."
(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

It's pretty simple and uses the standard Alfredo base: 2 cups whole milk, 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, 4 1/2 tbsp butter, 2 1/2 tbsp flour. I start by melting about half the butter and then adding minced garlic and crushed red pepper (I never really measure these) for a minute or so. Then I use the rest of the butter and when it's melted, I add in the flour and whisk that around for another minute or so. Then I whisk in the milk and after it starts to thicken up a little, I whisk in the cheese. Add salt and pepper and keep whisking until it's done.

If I had to guess, I probably used around a tbsp of garlic (possibly more) and somewhere between 1/4 or 1/2 tsp of crushed red pepper. If I had a pepper mill, I'd probably also put fresh pepper in with the garlic/crushed red pepper at the start.

Awesome, thanks. Will probably try that this week!

TMMadman
Sep 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

IllegallySober posted:

Awesome, thanks. Will probably try that this week!

Also, I was assuming you've made Alfredo before, so you know to use a medium/low heat and not overcook the milk.

Referee
Aug 25, 2004

(Wilma Rudolph)

TMMadman posted:

Also, I was assuming you've made Alfredo before, so you know to use a medium/low heat and not overcook the milk.

Yeah, I screwed that up the first time I tried it but now I remember.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Lmao that is the most pnw poo poo imaginable ecco

Feel bad, but liberation theology is just a bit too far!!!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay
ecco next time at mass find out how to atone for your posts