Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CaptCommy
Aug 13, 2012

The fool doth think he is wise, but the wise man knows himself to be a goat.

marktheando posted:

There's an elite guard outfit in a truck near the house, but there's about five guards looking at that spot at all times, no idea how you can put it on without being spotted.

There's actually a couple of windows in their pathing where you can put it on (the guards up by the farm house are too far away to actually see that spot, I believe). In my first run I used that spot to change disguises 3 times without any issue.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Oceanbound posted:

You can get rid of the two guards pretty easily, just choke out the one outside when he's looking in and nobody's looking out, and turn off the power to distract the other one.

Yeah they're usually how I get the uniform, but when I tried it dressed as the Scarecrow I was always getting spotted by other guards waiting for the right time to strike. Maybe I did something previously that had other guards prowling around on alert I guess.

Also I CALLED IT with the Emetic Syringes being jabbed into butts. Hahah.

Drunken Baker fucked around with this message at 16:02 on Sep 28, 2016

Pilchenstein
May 17, 2012

So your plan is for half of us to die?

Hot Rope Guy

Drunken Baker posted:

Also I cannot stop singing "My Rose Has Left Me" by Mulligan and O'Hare now. Thanks, Hitman.
Are you in a mood? :v:

UrbicaMortis
Feb 16, 2012

Hmm, how shall I post today?

Only done it once so far but it was fun. I like how much the targets move around. Didn't try out any of the opportunities yet but I'm sure they'll be cool. I do wonder if the command room is going to end up being like the virus in Sapienza and just being really annoying after a few playthroughs.

As for the story, I don't really know what anyone was expecting if they've played any hitman games or really any Io games before. They've always been good at the goofy dialogue in levels but have never had a main plot that isn't derivative and/or dumb. The last few episodes have barely features any main plot aside from general intrigue, so there's not been much to go wrong. As soon as they actually have to reveal something, well...

My prediction is that monologuing sniper dude at the end is another clone assassin who grew up in the same place as 47.Blood Money ended with 47 having a shoot out with a clone assassin, so I can see them doing it again.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

marktheando posted:

There's an elite guard outfit in a truck near the house, but there's about five guards looking at that spot at all times, no idea how you can put it on without being spotted.
You can just… well… put it on. Maybe you need to press yourself against one of the walls to minimise the number of people seeing you, but the timing is such that you can do it and only get maybe half-full suspicion circles. It seems the only trick is to not get anyone's attention by climbing up into the truck, since they'll already be on alert and immediately spot you. You can avoid that either by using the ramp or by just waiting for them to not care any more.

quote:

And yeah there must be a use for the fifteen apricots I picked up, hosed if I know what it is though.

There's a challenge for them, but it's the usual collection and/or put the right thing in the right place kind of puzzle… I'm up to 17 now, so I'm guessing more the latter for this one (and with the cowboy busts).

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
No Birds: use all the scarecrow stands
There are at least five bells in the surrounding area of the map, roughly where guards are looking with binoculars.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
doing SOSA has made me think this map is very very good.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

I just got sniper assassin for once! I used the water tower.

God drat is the old orchard start finicky to get through without getting seen or using anything. The house is just a constant wrenchfest and reload if someone glances a pixel too far.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Discendo Vox posted:

No Birds: use all the scarecrow stands
There are at least five bells in the surrounding area of the map, roughly where guards are looking with binoculars.

I've seen a lot of talk about those bells. Are they suspected to be tied to one of the challenges? None of them seem to fit in any way.

…unless you can make them play the clock chime from For a Few Dollars More to get the obvious cowboy reference.

Scott Forstall
Aug 16, 2003

MMM THAT FAUX LEATHER
starting as the hacker is quite the bonus reward.

I will use the server room to lure folks one at a time, either with the vacuum or with the server shutdown. If I otherwise don't have a set plan, I carry in the fiber wire and the lockpick. I hide behind the door from the entryway to the server room and just garrote anyone who investigates. i cleared out the entire house before I realized I was 3/4 of the way to the String Quartet assassination, so I just finished that up too.

in summary, i love this map and i really love this goddamn game. I hope they go out...

I was about to say basically "don't start the show with a showstopper" in reference to the final episode/finishing strong and then smacked myself as I remembered the first episode is titled "The Showstopper" lol

anyhoo, I'm really rooting for IOI to have a solid finish with Japan.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

Scott Forstall posted:

anyhoo, I'm really rooting for IOI to have a solid finish with Japan.

Didn't they say that the last episode would be a revisit to an earlier location — something like 7 episodes over 6 maps? Maybe that's why they keep feeding us so much Paris: so that when we get to hunt the clone assassin, and vice versa, it'll be in a largely depopulated Paris mansion that's been wrapped up in crime scene tape and with almost all potential weapons carted off as evidence in the investigation of the numerous mass murders taking place there over the last year. :D

wyoak
Feb 14, 2005

a glass case of emotion

Fallen Rib
Anyone tried the escalation? Level 2 (kill the guy with fire or crush him with a car) took me forever and I really don't want to do it again for the higher levels, especially now that I'm being hunted

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Tippis posted:

I've seen a lot of talk about those bells. Are they suspected to be tied to one of the challenges? None of them seem to fit in any way.

…unless you can make them play the clock chime from For a Few Dollars More to get the obvious cowboy reference.

It's possible they are for an easter egg that's not a challenge- there have been a number of those.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

wyoak posted:

Anyone tried the escalation? Level 2 (kill the guy with fire or crush him with a car) took me forever and I really don't want to do it again for the higher levels, especially now that I'm being hunted

I just turned it into a massacre because that's obviously what they're asking for. You can't be hunted by someone in a body bag, after all. But yes, it's a chore and I've stopped for now because they'll obviously be bastards about it and throw in a 5-minute timer for the last level because of course they will. :D

Tippis fucked around with this message at 23:29 on Sep 28, 2016

Castor Poe
Jul 19, 2010

Jar Jar is the key to all of this.

Tippis posted:

You need to find an Interpol (I think?) badge. One of the techs in the work area north of the orchard carries one. If you take out the guys on the roof beneath the water tower and turn off the power to the antenna, he should be the one that comes to investigate. From there, you just have to approach and talk to her.

I stumbled upon the opportunity trigger 15 seconds after posting my message (you have to get close to the two guards having a convo by the pit behind the garage). But it's nice to know there's an alternative way to take care of that tech guy and steal his badge that doesn't require you to look all over the place for rat poison.

Junkenstein
Oct 22, 2003

Really enjoyed that. It was nothing like the Splinter Cell level I was expecting and spent loads of time wandering around looking opportunities. Got three but a couple took so much waiting around I just popped the last target in the head with my pistol and legged it to the bunker.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

Castor Poe posted:

I stumbled upon the opportunity trigger 15 seconds after posting my message (you have to get close to the two guards having a convo by the pit behind the garage). But it's nice to know there's an alternative way to take care of that tech guy and steal his badge that doesn't require you to look all over the place for rat poison.

an easier way is to turn on the faucet at the north end of the orchard next to the scarecrow. he'll walk over to investigate, then you can knock him out and put his body in the box nearby.

Veotax
May 16, 2006

Tippis posted:

Didn't they say that the last episode would be a revisit to an earlier location — something like 7 episodes over 6 maps

Episode 7 was the Summer Bonus Episode, though apparently we'll be getting a third re-mixed mission at some point.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.
Yeah I believe the last thing of the season will be another re-skinned map that has no plot consequence. Probably Bangkok? I dunno.

Nice Van My Man
Jan 1, 2008

I like the new stage. I was a little worried about the 'all hostile all the time' thing people were talking about, since that sounded like the worst parts of Absolution, but there's plenty of social stealth on the map and I found it pretty fun. I did find it funny that the first location where they hired voice actors with new accents is America.

UrbicaMortis posted:

My prediction is that monologuing sniper dude at the end is another clone assassin who grew up in the same place as 47.Blood Money ended with 47 having a shoot out with a clone assassin, so I can see them doing it again.

It sounds like they escaped together at one point and things went bad. I kind of hope you wont end up killing him, but I'm not counting on too much from the story. So far sniper guy helped ID the ICA mole so you don't really have a beef with him. The story is inoffensive pulp which mostly stays out of the way, which is all I want from Hitman. It is funny how shocked Diana is that something is rotten inside the ICA, considering the last two games have had Diana personally reset the ICA after it became corrupt/infiltrated. Maybe it's time to pack the ol' ICA in and just join up with crazy sniper guy for season 2.

BBJoey
Oct 31, 2012

the bonus missions do have tangential plot consequence, the tycoon in the Marrakech mission shows up on the board of friends in the tornado shelter

and yeah I hope the shadow client isn't the primary antagonist. given there's only one mission left it seems more likely we'll be going after the ICA mole and leave the shadow client to be resolved later.

BBJoey fucked around with this message at 00:27 on Sep 29, 2016

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

BBJoey posted:

an easier way is to turn on the faucet at the north end of the orchard next to the scarecrow. he'll walk over to investigate, then you can knock him out and put his body in the box nearby.

Neat. I didn't check that out because it seemed to be too out in the open. Come to think of it, that seems to be a recurring theme in this map: things look exposed, but turn out to be fairly easy to be sneaky with anyway if you just time it a bit.

Then again, I really like that roof: you can lure a surprising amount of people up there and have them out of sight since those skylight structures offers tons of hiding room that isn't visible form the stairs leading up (or, obviously, from the ground below).

Digital Jedi
May 28, 2007

Fallen Rib
Ha there's a militia guy that starts talking about the current presidential nominee in a positive view. Quite funny

Dr_0ctag0n
Apr 25, 2015

The whole human race
sentenced
to
burn

BBJoey posted:

the bonus missions do have tangential plot consequence, the tycoon in the Marrakech mission shows up on the board of friends in the tornado shelter

I think I also saw the bishop elusive target there too.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Haha, I took the car out of Sapienza, and he hit a dude on his way out. It counted against my score. :v:

Also wow the Sigma Illusion is real annoying if you don't know the stairs layout at first like me.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Dr_0ctag0n posted:

I think I also saw the bishop elusive target there too.

Different cardinal- there are a couple on there, iirc.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
SOSA, really good map. I don't think I've been so dedicated to figuring out the SOSA route so quick. And while I was playing it I found ways I could've improved without anything too crazy. Don't let the challenge intimidate you

The moves
Rose: lethal needle in the butt while he fixed the clock. Very quick kill.
Graves: shot the chandelier while she looked at the clock thanks clock
Ezra: two to the back after od'ing the the guy
Maya: cyanide in the glass

It was fun figuring out possible routes around the compound and thinking of distractions on the fly. There are some definite no go zones though

frank.club fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Sep 29, 2016

Trillhouse
Dec 31, 2000

I just got the Maya/M.I.A. connection. I should have paid closer attention. (M.I.A. is also Sri Lanken and her dad was a Tamil activist. Also she used the Tamil Tiger's logo on one of her albums.)

frenton
Aug 15, 2005

devil soup

Digital Jedi posted:

Ha there's a militia guy that starts talking about the current presidential nominee in a positive view. Quite funny

I thought this was a hilarious response to the minor backlash IO got for the Trout elusive target slightly resembling Trump but I've read a couple articles now that actually think the whole level is some kind of commentary on the Malheur Wildlife occupation aka Bundy Standoff 2.0.

Drunken Baker
Feb 3, 2015

VODKA STYLE DRINK

Pilchenstein posted:

Are you in a mood? :v:

He moved to Colorado, with that bloke from Allied Carpets!

It looks like the last achievement is for another "Dance Party" kinda thing. Maybe that's what the bells are for.

And if IOI have said that the next "bonus mission" is a re-skinned map then I echo what I said previously about doing this map again but having it be a frat party kind of deal so we can dress like a spooky scarecrow and go full serial killer.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

Following a guide, veering off course with the virus because the silverballers needed to be closer than the pistol they used to shoot it out, and with a few reloads, I got SASO on Sapienza! :toot:

That was tense in the lab, drat.

ThomasPaine
Feb 4, 2009

We have no compassion and we ask no compassion from you. When our turn comes, we shall not make excuses for the terror.

RBA Starblade posted:

Following a guide, veering off course with the virus because the silverballers needed to be closer than the pistol they used to shoot it out, and with a few reloads, I got SASO on Sapienza! :toot:

That was tense in the lab, drat.

SASO is a really cool challenge and usually the hardest one on a given level, would be good if you could get a unique item or something for completing it.

Easiest way to destroy the virus with SASO is to choke out the female scientist when she goes to see her dead friend and steal the laptop dongle she has. Then sneak into the lab via the door on the coast and use it with the console on top of the prefab to remotely overheat the sample. You usually get recorded by CCTV but the control terminal is in the same prefab you need to get on top of, and it empties out regularly enough.

I haven't got the slightest clue how to SASO Colarado/Marrakesh/Thailand though. How do you even begin to get into the house without a disguise in Colarado? In Marrakesh it's easy enough to poison the general but afaik Sandberg never leaves the embassy and that's totally locked down. Same with Cross in Thailand.

Chexoid
Nov 5, 2009

Now that I have this dating robot I can take it easy.

ThomasPaine posted:

I haven't got the slightest clue how to SASO Colarado/Marrakesh/Thailand though. How do you even begin to get into the house without a disguise in Colarado? In Marrakesh it's easy enough to poison the general but afaik Sandberg never leaves the embassy and that's totally locked down. Same with Cross in Thailand.

Strandberg never leaves on his own, but you can definitely make him. :ssh:

Same with Cross.

Chexoid fucked around with this message at 18:46 on Sep 29, 2016

Bone_Enterprise
Aug 9, 2005

Inception Cigars
www.inceptioncigars.com
SASO is the first thing I do when starting a new level, makes all the other chievos a lot easier that way.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
The trick to SOSA Colorado for me was figuring out a proper route on the perimeter and having a some mastery levels achieved already. Knowing where targets converge helps a lot, and what you can drop poison in is essential for at least one of them.

Generally figuring out accident kills and doing them without being seen. Just one less body to hide

E: to me Colorado is easier to Sosa than you might think initially. The way the targets move really only leave a single outlier. Two can be taken out within the same accident, one can be taken out alone within the same building fairly easily. The last one requires a fair bit of routing to get to, but can be reliably poisoned

frank.club fucked around with this message at 19:26 on Sep 29, 2016

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

for all the haranguing and hand wringing about "this is your toughest case yet" Colorado becomes surprisingly lenient once you get the Pointman disguise. I was able to go wherever the hell I wanted except maybe the house with that.

Honestly think Marrakesh is still the most difficult. Jesus I loving hate doing ANYTHING on that map that doesnt involve the cameraman route / poster worker disguises.

RBA Starblade
Apr 28, 2008

Going Home.

Games Idiot Court Jester

MinibarMatchman posted:

for all the haranguing and hand wringing about "this is your toughest case yet" Colorado becomes surprisingly lenient once you get the Pointman disguise. I was able to go wherever the hell I wanted except maybe the house with that.

Honestly think Marrakesh is still the most difficult. Jesus I loving hate doing ANYTHING on that map that doesnt involve the cameraman route / poster worker disguises.

Yeah, once you actually get a disguise it's pretty easy going after you sort out exactly what can go where and realize what you can do. I like it a lot more than Marrakesh and Bangkok.

Also 47's jacket is awesome.

DLC Inc
Jun 1, 2011

besides "sniper suitcase" my number one request is gonna be "please let us unlock the default level suits for all levels" so I can wear that badass jackass anywhere

marktheando
Nov 4, 2006

God I miss the whole routine of using the case, then assembling the sniper rifle. Making the shot and calmly put it back in the case. It's just not the same dressing as a guard and openly carrying a rifle to your sniper's nest.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009
This game actively doesn't want me to play it. I continue to get trouble connecting to its servers. When I finally get connected and play I get poo poo like broken scripting not allowing me to finish levels. I do the three talking points in the tornado shelter and then I am trapped in a room with no doors I can open. I reload a save and it fails to mark all dead targets as dead even though they are clearly not alive, and yet again I get trapped in the tornado shelter. I want to like this game but it hates me. Playing on PS4.