Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Stoatbringer
Sep 15, 2004

naw, you love it you little ho-bot :roboluv:

Furia posted:

Actually wait a minute: what's the difference between assassination boxes and assassination networks?

It's like Lootcrate. Once a month they send you a box with all the cool new assassination gear in. Don't you know anything, grandad?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773287056059531264

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773291087964364804

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773292990383132673

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773296379145879557

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773303870286069760

listen, i am perfectly willing to believe a guy would very awkwardly and weirdly message a girl like this. but anyone who liveblogs a date is making it up.

(there's a whole thread if you click through, i just picked out the fakest)

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Cloves

quote:

This troper has taken up smoking cloves (yes, I aspire to the Cool Smoking suspension) and once applied the logic of pro-equality movements (namely in relation to Gay Rights) in a rather tongue-in-cheek manner one frigid day (I also grew up around and currently reside forty minutes outside of Buffalo, New York; make of that what you will). Turning to a friend who so happens to be both a fellow clove-addict and a lesbian, I cried in my best falsified indignation: "This isn't a personal choice! This is a lifestyle! Why should we be treated as inferior citizens for it? What happened to liberty and equality under the law?" When she pointed out what exactly I'd just done, we decided to start a new political organization: Fags For Fags (or: F-Cubed). We plan to bring tobacco, cloves, marijuana, shisha, and what-have-you to all underprivileged inner-city gay youths.
And just an addendum to all the debate of regarding finer points of etiquette and smoking—honestly, folks, I've been on both ends of this argument as a former asthmatic and as a smoker. While it's courteous for a smoker to stand a decent distance from entrances, to ask before lighting up when in mixed company at close quarters, and to assume that enclosed spaces over which the smoker holds no form of ownership are not kosher within which to smoke, non-smokers need to lay off the proselytizing. Yes, I choose to smoke; yes, I can respect your choice not to smoke. The dirty death-glares and over-dramatized, self-induced lung-hacking are unnecessary and rude when a few simple, polite words would do. Would it be acceptable to walk into a McDonald's and start protesting obnoxiously the very idea of ordering any food there and talking loudly about clogged arteries, aneurysms, heart attacks, type-two diabetes, and obesity as customers go about their business? No. The same concept is in play: manners. Other people have just as much a right to make unhealthy choices as you do.

Leadership

quote:

This troper is highly sensitive to cigarette smoke- it gives me terrible headaches and makes me sick to my stomach. Therefore, I feel justified to glare at smokers, since their habit literally makes me sick. Combine that with the fact that my grandmother died because of her smoking, and her smoking gave my grandfather cancer, and you have someone who is very anti-smoking. I'm not anti-smoker- I've got several friends who smoke, but they only do it outside in their own backyards- however, the ones who feel entitled and that they are some kind of "opressed minority" like the letter mentioned above really piss me off. There was an incident last summer at camp when I was a Leadership program participant- sort of like an in-between camper/counselor combo. We were walking a bunch of younger kids to a cafe, and one of the 5th-grade boys, seeing a smoker, said "Hey, he's smoking!" Not as an insult, just as a statement of fact. The smoker blew smoke in the little boy's face and said "Tastes good, doesn't it, you little twerp?" I told him that was an inappropriate thing to do to a small child, and he called me a bitch. And smokers wonder why non-smokers don't like them...

Victorian

quote:

Due to a particularly eventful query on the livejournal community little_details, this troper has of late resolved to only use profanity suitable to Victorian adolescents. Like "dash it!" and "drat" (which I already use copiously), "mercy!" "heavens!", "for shame", "goodness", and "oh, bother!". Less G-rated, we have the appellation/exclamation of "hellnonce!" It has just the right connotations, both blasphemous, sexual and generally abusive to the subject, and— it's just plain fun to say. Come on. Say it.

Groin

quote:

This troper has two examples:
The first is a great one - two punch combination. I find that the elbow and knee can do the most damage. A move I am now feared for (And I'm a muscleless nerd) is to, while casually walking by somebody I was just in a situation with, pull my arm in towards my chest and then let it release directly into the stomach of the victim. It Got Worse. Some human reflex is to grab the stomach with both hands and slightly widen the legs. Turning around 180, my too-strong-for-my-own-good knee is at a perfect angle for a crotch shot with a power level of over nine thousand.
Secondly is a case of gym class. The teacher, for some convoluted reason, allowed 2 popular girls who I hated with a passion that could be compared to [Insert Pop Culture Reference Here] to both be goalie in floor hockey. I get a breakaway, and figure that they deserve to be punished. A slap shot makes a perfect Groin Attack on the left goalie, and since the floor hockey puck is rubber, bounces back. Slap shot th right goalie. Still score. Watch 2 people I hate writhe in pain and go unnoticed.

Headbutt

quote:

This troper was explaining the "headbutt to the ovaries" from Maddox's Alphabet of Manliness to a friend and an incredibly thick girl he knew. He went through the motions, explaining that you need to have an excuse to be down there, so "try proposing," and the ditzy target did nothing as I was explaining it before this troper grabbed both of her hips and, well, headbutted her in the ovaries. Mua ha ha ha...

Flagpole

quote:

I've gone through the whole page and I have a tale that tops THE WHOLE PAGE IN SHEER HORROR. DO NOT READ IF YOU ARE SQUEAMISH. THIS IS AN ENTIRELY TRUE TALE. A friend of mine who was a medic at a Singapore army camp told me about an incident where the flag got stuck halfway up the flagpole. Flagpole has two prongs, one sticking up and one facing down, to wind the line around to secure the flag. One of the soldiers jumped up a few times to try to unstick the flag. Long story short, he got hurt. Apparently there was a huge amount of blood, and the thing in the testicle that resembles a coiled up string actually UNRAVELLED ABOUT ONE AND A HALF METERS OVER THE GROUND. My friend actually had to collect the cord in order to casualty evacuate the soldier to the medical centre. Last they heard was that he was discharged from the army and has significant mental problems now. If you for some reason happen to visit any Singapore army camp, you will see that, at this point in time, almost all the flagpoles have a large yellow box surrounding them and the words "DO NOT JUMP" or something similar written in large letters inside.

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

I'm guessing the hellnonce people don't know what a nonce is...

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

walrusman posted:

Does he have any idea how much a contract killing costs?

I'm actually kind of curious how expensive it is now, but I don't want to search for it on Google. Do you know?

Tunicate
May 15, 2012

Nebrilos posted:

I'm actually kind of curious how expensive it is now, but I don't want to search for it on Google. Do you know?

http://www.slate.com/articles/news_and_politics/explainer/2009/02/dirty_deeds_done_dirt_cheap.html

quote:

Undercover investigator Gary Johnson has been hired by more than 60 Texans to off their enemies in the past 20years. At the high end, a wealthy socialite who wanted her husband dead gave Johnson $200,000 in jewels as a down payment on the killing. At the low end, a teenager once offered him "seven Atari computer games, three dollar bills, and $2.30 in nickels and dimes" to take out a romantic rival.

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Nebrilos posted:

2 BTC

Nebrilos
Oct 9, 2012

Thanks.

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

Gluten Freeman posted:

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773287056059531264

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773291087964364804

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773292990383132673

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773296379145879557

https://twitter.com/ghoulphilia/status/773303870286069760

listen, i am perfectly willing to believe a guy would very awkwardly and weirdly message a girl like this. but anyone who liveblogs a date is making it up.

(there's a whole thread if you click through, i just picked out the fakest)

Already gone? I guess it was fake :mad:

Metis of the Chat Thread
Aug 1, 2014

Oh dang, I shouldn't have been lazy and actually screencapped the tweets. It was a woman liveblogging an excruciating date, nothing that special.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

F squared. what kind of world is it where a troper needs to corrected on middle school math ""humor"". that's totally their loud insufferable wheelhouse.

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

F squared. what kind of world is it where a troper needs to corrected on middle school math ""humor"". that's totally their loud insufferable wheelhouse.

Nah it's F cubed, "for" is an F. Fags For Fags, three Fs, F cubed. It's dumb as heck but they got that right.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
Browsing through old posts in the dumb marketing thread and came across some good goon stdh

Screaming Idiot posted:

I had to "take some time off" in a psychiatric ward for a while and I got lumped in with some recovering drug addicts, and because I was the most coherent person there I had to officiate the AA meeting. So I did it in the most overwrought preacher voice I could, and it changed from a depressing "oh poor pitiful me save me Jesus" fest into a good laugh from everyone involved. And then we all watched How To Train Your Dragon and had dinner. AA is awesome as long as you're surrounded by a bunch of bored druggies with time to kill until dinner.

chitoryu12
Apr 24, 2014

shit_that_didnt_happen.txt: A Clove-Addict and a Lesbian

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Smoking cloves is fine if you are a villain* in a Sax Rohmer novel.

*) villain i.e. foreign

Danaru
Jun 5, 2012

何 ??

kimbo305 posted:

Already gone? I guess it was fake :mad:

It was someone livetweeting a date with the most stereotypical lovely dude, including just belting out "I HATE FEMINISTS!!!!!!!!!!!!" in the middle of a date. It was perfect for this thread, and really sad otherwise. :v:

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Khazar-khum posted:

Cloves

Leadership

Victorian

Groin

Headbutt

Flagpole

These people make me all lust for an excruciating death wave washing them away in the most comically absurd way possible.

When I was a bit younger I used to be friends with people who had Troper-like friends and they were the worst to be around. I still have a colleague like that. He's in his early 40s and proudly ignorant of pop culture. During UEFA '16 he would literally one day go "Ah, I didn't know UEFA 16 was going on." I mean come the gently caress on man.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

call center manager posted:

These people make me all lust for an excruciating death wave washing them away in the most comically absurd way possible.

When I was a bit younger I used to be friends with people who had Troper-like friends and they were the worst to be around. I still have a colleague like that. He's in his early 40s and proudly ignorant of pop culture. During UEFA '16 he would literally one day go "Ah, I didn't know UEFA 16 was going on." I mean come the gently caress on man.

So when was that exactly?

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

What is UEFA '16?

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Winter Stormer posted:

What is UEFA '16?

A Playstation game.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

European Football Championship.

I'm European and football is a huge deal in my country. It's impossible to not know when it's going on unless you literally live in a cave.

Fart.Bleed.Repeat.
Sep 29, 2001

European Football Championship.

I'm European and football is a huge deal in my country. It's impossible to not know when it's going on unless you literally live in a cave.

So basically American idiots that pull complete ignorance around the end of January when the Super Bowl comes around

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

There's literally some huge sports event or another going on at any given time and it's extremely easy for someone not interested to just gloss over all of it and stay completely ignorant of which one it is without any effort. If you're talking about the world championship and someone asks "which sport" there's a fifty-sixty chance the question is in earnest.

Pope Hilarius II
Nov 10, 2008

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

So basically American idiots that pull complete ignorance around the end of January when the Super Bowl comes around

Yes.

Jerry Cotton posted:

There's literally some huge sports event or another going on at any given time and it's extremely easy for someone not interested to just gloss over all of it and stay completely ignorant of which one it is without any effort. If you're talking about the world championship and someone asks "which sport" there's a fifty-sixty chance the question is in earnest.

But we're talking flags outside bedroom windows, doodads adorning cars, the players' faces slapped on Coke bottles and supermarket freebies everywhere, etc. Not to mention our national men's team has incredibly recognisable branding to any Belgian who isn't a slobbering retard.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

But we're talking flags outside bedroom windows, doodads adorning cars, the players' faces slapped on Coke bottles and supermarket freebies everywhere, etc. Not to mention our national men's team has incredibly recognisable branding to any Belgian who isn't a slobbering retard.

Are you saying you don't recognize the branding :confused:

Redrum and Coke
Feb 25, 2006

wAstIng 10 bUcks ON an aVaTar iS StUpid

There are many people who don't care about professional sports.
I get your point though. I know adults who try to be RAAAAANDOM. it's horrible

kimbo305
Jun 9, 2007

actually, yeah, I am a little mad

I'm European and football is a huge deal in my country.

I know it's not what you meant but
SEE? YUROP IS A COUNTRY

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous
I work right next to a stadium, so every so often the chit-chat will turn to sports. We're talking really simple water-cooler chatting that anyone could follow. There's always that one guy.

:) "Oh hey, is the team playing this weekend?"
:cool: "Yeah, they've been doing well so far."
:) "Oh that's cool."
:cool: "They're doing better than last year, at lea--"
:byodood: "I just don't GET sports."

Every goddamn time.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

hyperhazard posted:

I work right next to a stadium, so every so often the chit-chat will turn to sports. We're talking really simple water-cooler chatting that anyone could follow. There's always that one guy.

:) "Oh hey, is the team playing this weekend?"
:cool: "Yeah, they've been doing well so far."
:) "Oh that's cool."
:cool: "They're doing better than last year, at lea--"
:byodood: "I just don't GET sports."

Every goddamn time.

Now substitute sports for anime.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

Jerry Cotton posted:

Now substitute sports for anime.

People who don't understand or like anime aren't people

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

Not knowing what's going on with (whatever) sport is about as unforgivable as not knowing what's going on with Dancing With The Stars. People have different hobbies. It's OK if your go-to topic of discussion doesn't work with everyone.

Alaois
Feb 7, 2012

there's a difference between "I don't follow sports" and "I don't FOLLOW sports. :smuggo:"

TheMadMilkman
Dec 10, 2007

If Belgium is anything like Italy was, avoiding knowledge of UEFA requires more than lack of concern for sports. It requires willful ignorance of everyone and everything around you.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

TheMadMilkman posted:

If Belgium is anything like Italy was, avoiding knowledge of UEFA requires more than lack of concern for sports. It requires willful ignorance of everyone and everything around you.

And now you understand Anime fans.

Darth Windu
Mar 17, 2009

by Smythe

BrigadierSensible posted:

And now you understand Anime fans.

Except anime requires thoughtful contemplation and active intelligence rather than Neanderthal grunts and violence

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010

Darth Windu posted:

Except anime requires thoughtful contemplation and active intelligence rather than Neanderthal grunts and violence

Gonna contemplate the poo poo outta those titties

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Alaois posted:

there's a difference between "I don't follow sports" and "I don't FOLLOW sports. :smuggo:"

Exactly this. I don't pretend to have anything more than a passing interest in however the local team is doing, but derailing every single conversation about sports to talk about how you don't like them is incredibly annoying. The same goes for "I don't own a TV, I read" when someone mentions a show.

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

Jerry Cotton posted:

There is a literally no way any European will hear the words 'The World Cup' and not immediately assume you're talking about football/soccer. There is no way to not know when it's going on unless you actively ignore all forms of media and never go outside.

Zipperelli.
Apr 3, 2011

Nap Ghost

Darth Windu posted:

People who don't understand or like anime aren't people

Never has a red text been more appropriate.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dreddout
Oct 1, 2015

You must stay drunk on writing so reality cannot destroy you.

Zipperelli. posted:

Never has a red text been more appropriate.

Nuckle dragging Neanderthal spotted.