Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

LITERALLY A BIRD
Sep 27, 2008

I knew you were trouble
when you flew in

I tend not to eat poultry and once I asked my bf to order me a penne dish with sausage instead of chicken, got up and went to the restroom. When I got back and the food came out our server was SUPER excited because apparently he had a chicken allergy and was really happy to meet somebody that he thought had a chicken allergy too.

Sorry dude, in hindsight maybe I should've lied and made you feel better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

sure, exposure to pigs kills black people every day, so it must be genetic, or something? :shrug:

Goddamn.

genetic_knockout
May 8, 2007

Who's a good boy
You can most definitely be allergic to specific meats. My mother in law, for example, is deathly allergic to lamb, but can eat other meats without issue. You can pretty much be allergic to anything afaik.

Mr. Belpit
Nov 11, 2008

Tunicate posted:

Wife: “I’ll have the [Burger] with fries.”

oh gently caress off

Shangri-Law School
Feb 19, 2013

:sigh:

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

When I see stupid letters like these, I wonder, since they went out of their way to make the fake rejection letters, why not post a letter that goes:

Dear guy,

We at the white house reckon you are ace and funny and poo poo, and as such will hire you to do your stupid finger snapping thing. Be sure to post this letter on teh internet so all those people who doubted your funniness and awesomeosity will be suitably chastened.

Yours Sincerely,

B-Rock "The islamic shock" Obama

Karma Comedian
Feb 2, 2012

BrigadierSensible posted:

B-Rock "The islamic shock" Super Allah Hussein Obama

You forgot the full name

GEORGE W BUSHI
Jul 1, 2012

My usual reaction to this thread is cringing, but fake rejection letters make me genuinely hate the people who come up with them.

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

:minnie: Cat Army :minnie:
2nd Battalion
Cleaver

quote:

This troper infamously sleep-chased a robber out of her house with a meat cleaver in one hand and a realistic looking toy gun in the other once. Another time, I fell out of the top bunk at my friend's place without waking up. Later on in the night, my friend rolled out of the bottom bunk and directly onto me, yet I kept on sleeping. The friend tried everything to wake me up and get me to go back into the bunk, I still didn't wake up. Then the next morning, she actually poured icy water onto me, but I still kept on sleeping soundly... until an hour later, when my mother came over to pick me up, and I woke up instantly at the sound of her voice at the front door.

Soccer

quote:

My friends and I decided we spent too much time indoors playing video games and so we decided to form our own soccer team to participate in University soccer games. We went to the sport and recreation director's office and he asked us what our team name was, having not thought about it one of us just said 'Missing World Of Warcraft Raid' and that became our team name for the rest of the semester. Next semester we changed it to 'Freitag and the Mediocres' (Freitag being the person on attack... or whatever you call the person who scores the goals) and the semester after that we were called 'Aim For Fatty' (We had a rather rotund man as our goalie).

Team

quote:

This troper's college intramural team named itself "By(e) *" so that was what popped up on the bracket. The idea was for other teams to think they had advanced freely and skipped a round, and lose to us by default. All that ended up happening was that the coordinator got angry at us. Another time we used the name "Ladies? (a guy's cell#)"

Sparkles

quote:

This troper once dressed up in sparkles and fake fur and face paint and a tail and ears and antennae for Hallowe'en, and proclaimed herself to be a Go-non.
Other partygoers: What are you?
This troper: I'm a Go-non!
Other partygoers: What's a Go-non?
This troper: Not much. What's a-goin' on with you?

School

quote:

This editor had to go to the school councillor after hearing that some of his classmates did drugs, and that the school football team burnt effigies of athletes from other schools in the area (and that some other students in his class supported it). Learning that the school you always thought was a great place was actually so full of wrongness can feel like discovering Azathoth controls the universe. It took 45 minutes for the councillor to make him feel better.

Asperger

quote:

This troper with Asperger Syndrome had BSODs of varied intensity during middle school. Apparently the modus operandi for disciplining students in the special class she was in was physical restraint (which should never be used on people with autistic spectrum disorders) The most frequent response to any sign I was about to melt down was to immediately grab and restrain me. Note that this is as many as three full-grown adults holding down a five-foot-tall, 110-pound eighth-grader. Near the end of the year, anyone even grabbing my wrist sent me into panic mode. In the last class of the school year, a girl near me started shooting her mouth off. I got out of my seat and took a step forward. A small male classmate of mine had the brilliant idea to come up behind me and bear-hug me. Cue BSOD resulting in the kid nearly getting his finger bitten off.

Welts

quote:

This Tropette has a BSOD whenever people manage to sneak up on her and/or touch the back of her shoulders and back of neck. Often times it's accompanied with a violent reflex. So much so she once found her self turned around 180 degrees her fist flung out... and a male friend clutching his chest where she had whalloped him. And wound up making his dog tags leave welts of themselves on his chest. She had to ask what happened since she has no memory of it.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
What's with longer stdh and it having that special property of making your eyes just slide off it? It seems physically impossible to actually read all the way through. It's like a Day by Day comic with slightly fewer titties

e: also

quote:

This editor had to go to the school councillor after hearing that some of his classmates did drugs, and that the school football team burnt effigies of athletes from other schools in the area (and that some other students in his class supported it). Learning that the school you always thought was a great place was actually so full of wrongness can feel like discovering Azathoth controls the universe. It took 45 minutes for the councillor to make him feel better. 

This has to be a joke right? "I had a breakdown after finding out my fellow high schoolers do drugs"

Xen Tricks has a new favorite as of 09:43 on Oct 8, 2016

Premature
Dec 9, 2014

Shut your eyes, I don't want to get glitter in them.
Buglord

The STDH is the bit where the counsellor made him feel better.

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

BrigadierSensible posted:

When I see stupid letters like these, I wonder, since they went out of their way to make the fake rejection letters, why not post a letter that goes:

Dear guy,

We at the white house reckon you are ace and funny and poo poo, and as such will hire you to do your stupid finger snapping thing. Be sure to post this letter on teh internet so all those people who doubted your funniness and awesomeosity will be suitably chastened.

Yours Sincerely,

B-Rock "The islamic shock" Obama

Uh come on now, that would clearly not be believable :rolleyes:

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer

Man, Daft Punk got weird

CannedMacabre
Jul 6, 2007

In space, no one
can hear you fart.

Psssh! I bet she doesn't even dress that opossum.

cash crab
Apr 5, 2015

all the time i am eating from the trashcan. the name of this trashcan is ideology

CROWS EVERYWHERE
Dec 17, 2012

CAW CAW CAW

Dinosaur Gum

My friend, what does it mean, this American word - holla holla get dolla?

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

CROWS EVERYWHERE posted:

My friend, what does it mean, this American word - holla holla get dolla?

"He think I tell cops about plan to steal two-stage bridgewire thermonuclear detonator for - how you say - bomb"

fish and chips and dip
Feb 17, 2010

I don't get the STDH here, plenty of people I know keep a slang word list when learning a new language.

Xen Tricks
Nov 4, 2010
The stdh is that the list consists of roughly two recent terms the, uh, stdh-er has heard on the internet plus 5 terms no one has used in a decade.

TheMostFrench
Jul 12, 2009

Stop for me, it's the claw!

This is my ishouldbeworking.mp3 for stdh.txt

hyperhazard posted:

I work right next to a stadium, so every so often the chit-chat will turn to sports. We're talking really simple water-cooler chatting that anyone could follow. There's always that one guy.

:) "Oh hey, is the team playing this weekend?"
:cool: "Yeah, they've been doing well so far."
:) "Oh that's cool."
:cool: "They're doing better than last year, at lea--"
:byodood: "I just don't GET sports."

Every goddamn time.

ibntumart posted:

Smashmouth

Tunicate posted:

Owner Owning Up
Cafe | Denver, CO, USA | Awesome Workers, Bosses & Owners, Food & Drink

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion

I know it's STDH, but come on. A baby opussum would need doll clothes, not kid clothes.

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Khazar-khum posted:

I know it's STDH, but come on. A baby opussum would need doll clothes, not kid clothes.

It's an American baby (opossum).

jesus WEP
Oct 17, 2004

fish and chips and dip posted:

I don't get the STDH here, plenty of people I know keep a slang word list when learning a new language.
both sides are in English

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011

I am the one lascivious
With magic potion niveous

Paladinus
Jan 11, 2014

heyHEYYYY!!!

hosed up if true.

DragQueenofAngmar
Dec 29, 2009

You shall not pass!
that's probably 100% true as kids parrot stuff their parents say all the time but it just makes it sad

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
Isn't my child so smart the way he believes at such a tender young age the exact same things I believe? The wisdom of children

3D Megadoodoo
Nov 25, 2010

Prussian Blue II

Haifisch
Nov 13, 2010

Objection! I object! That was... objectionable!

Taco Defender
The real STDH is anyone being in a Sears.

Sulla Faex
May 14, 2010

No man ever did me so much good, or enemy so much harm, but I repaid him with ENDLESS SHITPOSTING

St Evan Echoes posted:

both sides are in English

so? if your L2 is up to a minimum level, the best way to learn new vocab is in-language rather than translating

Henchman of Santa
Aug 21, 2010
Somebody made a twitter bot that writes precocious child STDH, and it's great.

https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/780231172701892608
https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/785123408895848449
https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/784217437210152960

Also who the gently caress is Robert Reich and why is he always in my feed?

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonnyc/status/785265025418133504

RNG
Jul 9, 2009

From a stupid clickbait article that lifted from askreddit:

quote:

I don't work at McDonalds, but once I was there waiting for my friend to get off work. He was arguing with a drunk guy who was demanding 200 chicken mcnuggets. They ended up selling him the 200 nuggets, when he proved he had the money. He proceeded to run outside and throw them at people screaming "YOU GET A NUGGET! AND YOU! EVERYONE GETS NUGGETS!"

PittTheElder
Feb 13, 2012

:geno: Yes, it's like a lava lamp.

Henchman of Santa posted:

Also who the gently caress is Robert Reich and why is he always in my feed?

https://twitter.com/adamjohnsonnyc/status/785265025418133504

Robert Reich is a former secretary of labour, current economics professor, has authored multiple books about how neoliberalism has hosed over the working class and taken the economy as a whole with it, and appeared in a pretty great Conan O'Brien sketch.

Why he insists on making up these obvious stdh parables I have no clue.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

RNG posted:

From a stupid clickbait article that lifted from askreddit:

Proved he had the money? 20 McNuggets is like $8, right? $80 then?

Khazar-khum
Oct 22, 2008

2nd Battalion
Squod

quote:

This troper's favorite teacher ever, who taught Jr. High biology, was, if not a hippie, bordering on it. He played acoustic guitar for us on occasion, was in a band called the All Bob Band (none of the members were named Bob), taught the occasional lesson using old Star Trek episodes, and, when we had to dissect a squid, fried up the edible bits for us on a hot plate when we were done.

Nose

quote:

This troper was at school when someone he...strongly disliked came up and started being a dick, culminating in him yelling "Hit me, bitch!" which I did...and broke his nose...well, I was just trying to be helpful!

Bar

quote:

This troper's best friend was in a bar that had one of these "test your strength" punching bag machines. This absolutely enormous dude who's about to have a go at it turns to my friend and asks for a slap in the face. And another. And another. And then — cue battle roar, followed by punch Of Doom, followed by broken machine. My friend gives good slaps, apparently.

SA

quote:

This troper was attacked by Something Awful back in February of 2008, and one of the most-used insults was that I "could double for Kathy Bates". Never mind that all they had seen of me was my (now defunct) You Tube videos, where I was only seen from the neck up. In real life I have actually been complimented on my looks. If anything, I look like the sort of girl that Robert Crumb would draw, and that's not too bad.
SA is full of Internet Tough Guys who have exacting standards on what constitutes feminine beauty — and 99.99% of them fail to meet the most liberal standards on what constitutes masculine beauty. FARK isn't any better. I would know; I used to be a Total Farker. My own wife weighs in a 150lbs, and depending on who makes the clothes, swings between a size 10 and a size 16. I've known the lady since 2000, and I still can't keep my hands off her.

Dog

quote:

See that real life video on the regular Hot Skitty On Wailord Action page? (The dog-raping-kid one) ....That actually happened to this troper when she was about seven.

dads_work_files
May 14, 2008

important_document.avi

quote:

SA is full of Internet Tough Guys who have exacting standards on what constitutes feminine beauty — and 99.99% of them fail to meet the most liberal standards on what constitutes masculine beauty.

A kernel of truth in a bag of lovely lying popcorn.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
"I look like the sort of girl Robert Crumb would draw, and that's not too bad."

FairyNuff
Jan 22, 2012

https://twitter.com/darndesttruisms/status/784398631365259265
:stonk:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

hyperhazard
Dec 4, 2011