Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Raskolnikov posted:

Oh I agree. But I really meant that if star citizen is a wagon it's fundamentally broken.

And has dysentery too. And died two cities ago but the corpse is just being dragged through the roads.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Star Citizen: Reverse the Hearse and Abandon Ship
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA
Oct 13, 2016

@50:13
Q
Star Marine. Will we have AI combat modes similar to the Vanduul Swarm?

Erin Roberts
Eh, we certainly will, but it won't be part of the first iteration. The first iteration is basically the balancing, basically what we're working on is all towards PLAYER vs PLAYER, so we're REFINING um... you know the ANIMATION SETS... you know um... and... you know... the... the COMBAT MOVES when... you know, the way... and... it's sort of uh... sort of first... person straight first person... um, you can... you can basically you know... use COVER and all those kinda stuff and... and so forth, THROW GRENADES, the works, you know, it's that kind of level so that's what we're... that's what we're PLANNING to get players into the game and then THAT'S what will come out with 2.6 but then shortly after that, then... when... when the... when the AI come online... the AI basically will be in the game, PROPERLY, first... first... the first... the first you'll see of that will be in 3.0

Well actually... you'll probably... see some in SQUADRON as well... but basically that... when the first sort of um... um... version were people will PLAY will be in 3.0 so THAT will be a time when we'll actually probably have a MODE, where you can go and actually find some of your buddies and actually fight AI, and have that sort of like LEVEL of going in and you know trying to take stuff out and eh uh ah

Chris answer about Star Marine from JAN 25th 2016

quote:

so you know 2.2 has... COVER and... some other things in it, and uh, will obviously have future, you know, there's things like VAULTING and uh, you know SLIDING and uh, different kinds of... STANCES that we have and theres... a lot more WEAPONS that we have... and they're all getting rolled out and we're HONING it and you guys are gonna be playing it in 2.2 and 2.3 and 2.4, and... then, uh, when we've got that basic set, we... together we will sort of... turn on the MAP for Star Marine...

TLDR;
Chris said they were HONING the Star Marine animations in January, Erin says they are REFINING the Star Marine animations in October.

Anyone know what comes after HONING and REFINING?

SomethingJones fucked around with this message at 00:46 on Oct 14, 2016

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

Wow, what an rear end. It only took him 5 messages to try to pull rank with the "I have a lower Citizen number :smug:" maneuver.

El Grillo
Jan 3, 2008
Fun Shoe
Tony Zurovec seems like a class A shifty-looking bullshit artist. Don't know why, something to do with the greasy hair and his speech patterns being somewhat junky-ish.

El Grillo fucked around with this message at 00:57 on Oct 14, 2016

History Comes Inside!
Nov 20, 2004

SomethingJones posted:

Refactoring.

radd
Jun 16, 2001

Super Spacefortress

Calls people idiots, is told to be polite by mod, gets kicked by mod, tells mod that was a "loving bitch" thing to do, gets banned.

lol

boviscopophobic
Feb 5, 2016

SomethingJones posted:

TLDR;
Chris said they were HONING the Star Marine animations in January, Erin says they are REFINING the Star Marine animations in October.

Initial implementation

2DCAT
Jun 25, 2015

pissssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssssss sssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss ssssss ssssssssssssssssssssssssssss sssssssssssssss

Gravy Boat 2k

TheAgent posted:

I love this dead gay game

:thurman:

Mirificus
Oct 29, 2004

Kings need not raise their voices to be heard

***Updated on 12/6/2015*** My Real Life Constellation Bridge WIP! Livestream TODAY!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Oct 13, 2016

@ 24:20
Tony Z on networking
There's a number of different solutions we've got in mind for how to deal with this stuff. Another thing to point out is... so there are TWO major things going on with the networking;

- one right now is the whole MACRO networking model that's gonna allow all the players to seamlessly exist with one another

- the other one is the LOW LEVEL networking rewrite that's going to give us a performance boost and make for a much more efficient code base versus what we got when we inherited the engine, THAT'S what we're expecting to release, the LOW LEVEL rewrite is what we're aiming to release with 3.0

The UNIFIED networking model is something that's gonna happen POST that, we don't have, you know, a specific date in mind... we will aim to do a test of that system at some point next year... testing the CONCEPTS of what we're talking about here

Chris said they were already working on this on February 29th 2016

quote:

From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 77
Feb 29, 2016 @ 02:29

we're actually working on... some ah, BACK END SERVER MESH TECH uhm, that will allow us to ah, sort of MESH A LOT MORE... players all in essentially what will be kind of sort of the same, ah, INSTANCE, uhm so but that's sort of ah, you know a LITTLE further along, but, eh, it's ahh... yeah, I think EXCITING so I think we'll be able to DELIVER probably more players than we were thinking originally...

TLDR;
Tony Z says they are planning on testing the CONCEPT of a unified networking tech, banding servers together to create a shard sometime next year

Chris Roberts told everyone they were already working on this in Feb 2016, 8 months ago

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ideate posted:

$900?! typical goonie FUD

fact

I was looking for the handset to my landline phone. Thanks for finding it.

Gradis
Feb 27, 2016

GAPE APE

A Neurotic Jew posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=4058s

Lesnick seems like he's about to start sobbing. :-/

he dropped a cake on the floor :(

vyst
Aug 25, 2009

ideate posted:

$900?! typical goonie FUD

fact

Who would want one of these let alone loving two. Looks like a goddamn huge telephone handset.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

SomethingJones posted:

Oct 13, 2016[/b]

@7.00
Q:
In the slide specifically from 3.0 to 4.0, there was no mention of ships docking together. When will we be able to launch our snub craft from larger ships? When will we be able to transfer fuel or cargo between larger ships?

Chris Roberts
Ah, so ahh... NOT in 2.6 but we are, uhm, aiming to get that functionality in between 3.0 and 3.1 so ah, refuelling is definitely... especially when you... when we move to 3.0 and we're in a full Stanton system, you know people are gonna travel and maybe run out of fuel, perhaps they're gonna have to get... REFUELLED and we really wanna get the docking of say the MERLIN into the CONSTELLATION done... so we've been working on sort of DOCKING with a bigger ship which is what we need for the SQUADRON 42 stuff when you come in and land, say on the IDRIS, so it FALLS out of that, so depending on where that ends up will depend on whether it's in 3.0 or 3.1

EXACT SAME question was answered in 10FTC March 7th 2016

10 for the Chairman: Episode 78 Mar 7, 2016

Q: We already have a flyable Constellation and a flyable P-52 Merlin. How far are we from a workable tech for docking and undocking? Is this something we can expect in the near future or is this a functionality planned further down the line?

A: Yeah ah you know I really wanna actually get the fifty... P52 and the Constellation, ah, to WORK together cos they're, they're MEANT to... to... work together, it is probably something we will ah, start to work on with ah, Craig after... Craig Gransell who's done the sort of landing system, he's still got some... landing system stuff that he's wrapping up for Squadron FORTY TWO and some... enhancements for Star Citizen and that, this will probably be the next... TASK to get this working it's not THAT difficult, I mean basically you just kinda
wanna get... it's just like the landing system really you get in a certain area and then you say Ok... DOCK and then we'll just sorta bring you in and CONNECT you and the Merlin will be attached to the Constellation and then, hopefully you can get out and you should just be able to enter into the... back of the Constellation so ah, I do wanna (incoherent mumble) cos it's ah, NOT... that difficult technically to get working it's really just people have had a whole bunch of other things they're working on first, ah for instance you know we... ah... you know... HAVEN'T SHOWN IT YET, but you know we have an IDRIS FLYING AROUND and you can land inside it and take off inside it and, em, walk around it and it's pretty cool so um, ah, that was sort of the higher priority and we've still got some stuff to do on the bigger ships in terms of ah....

TLDR;
- According to Chris they were wrapping up the docking tech for Squadron 42 and had an Idris flying around that you could land on in MARCH

- It's now OCTOBER and Chris is saying they are still working on the docking and landing for Squadron 42 and the same tech for the PU will fall out of that when they get it done.

Didn't INN just say that SQ42 was 100% playable right now? How is that possible if they don't even have docking finished?

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

SomethingJones posted:

Oct 13, 2016

@50:13
Q
Star Marine. Will we have AI combat modes similar to the Vanduul Swarm?

Erin Roberts
Eh, we certainly will, but it won't be part of the first iteration. The first iteration is basically the balancing, basically what we're working on is all towards PLAYER vs PLAYER, so we're REFINING um... you know the ANIMATION SETS... you know um... and... you know... the... the COMBAT MOVES when... you know, the way... and... it's sort of uh... sort of first... person straight first person... um, you can... you can basically you know... use COVER and all those kinda stuff and... and so forth, THROW GRENADES, the works, you know, it's that kind of level so that's what we're... that's what we're PLANNING to get players into the game and then THAT'S what will come out with 2.6 but then shortly after that, then... when... when the... when the AI come online... the AI basically will be in the game, PROPERLY, first... first... the first... the first you'll see of that will be in 3.0

Well actually... you'll probably... see some in SQUADRON as well... but basically that... when the first sort of um... um... version were people will PLAY will be in 3.0 so THAT will be a time when we'll actually probably have a MODE, where you can go and actually find some of your buddies and actually fight AI, and have that sort of like LEVEL of going in and you know trying to take stuff out and eh uh ah

Chris answer about Star Marine from JAN 25th 2016

TLDR;

I know this one!!! REFACTORING!!! Right!?!?! :boom:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

Watch his eyes when he says it will be out.
They go deader than normal.
He knows he is lying.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

And has dysentery too. And died two cities ago but the corpse is just being dragged through the roads.

a good post

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless
is subsumption in game yet

gonna subsume

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Qyymbmis7xA&t=4559s
Tony Z on 3.0:
I think that 3.0 is basically when it really starts to feel like a complete, solid, comprehensive game experience. And if you look at the release schedule that we put out at Citizencon, every point release after 3.0 has significant major new content in it

Chris Roberts on 3.0
From 10 for the Chairman: Episode 75 Jan 25, 2016 @ 17:45
3.0 is when you... go... between star system instead of just travel around one star system, ahm... but we haven't... determined that yet but we'll... we'll figure it out so ah, stay tuned for that one

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

You're welcome Evarr!

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I just subsumed a medium rare sirloin and it was delicious.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

You're doing God's work. And I'm archiving all this poo poo for Jesus. :D

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

happyhippy posted:

Watch his eyes when he says it will be out.
They go deader than normal.
He knows he is lying.

Every answer he gives about dates in this video starts with this line, "Well it will NOT be in 2.6"

Every answer he gives about features in a video I transcribed a while ago starts with this line, "Well we will not be doing it like NMS/Elite Dangerous/Other game with recent criticism"

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3

D_Smart posted:

You're doing God's work. And I'm archiving all this poo poo for Jesus. :D

loving yessss

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

scrubs season six posted:

ellindar is also the guy that built the lovely constellation bridge in his moms basement.

That makes it funnier. The guy tried extra hard to be a top player in his community of cultists.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is the thing.

Dude is insane levels of crazy.

It's probably best that the community shove him away. Now maybe he can go sit in his space ship room and think seriously about his life choices.

There's always time!

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Kinda sucks. Enders Game is old news now.

Poor Chris. Being left behind by the things he hopes to steal from while they are still Hollywood relevant. :(

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

This is the thing.

Dude is insane levels of crazy.

It's probably best that the community shove him away. Now maybe he can go sit in his space ship room and think seriously about his life choices.

There's always time!

I liked the computer desk hacked to poo poo behind his chair.

Madcosby
Mar 4, 2003

by FactsAreUseless

He looks bored out of his mind.

Did the game come out or sometinhg

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

TheLightPurges posted:

"Following a successful CitizenCon"

Well, I don't see anybody bitching on their forums about it!

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Erin Roberts on AI:
Oct 13, 2016 @ 50:13

"We're PLANNING to get players into the game and then THAT'S what will come out with 2.6 but then shortly after that, when the AI come online... the AI basically will be in the game, PROPERLY, the first you'll see of that will be in 3.0"

Ben Lesnick, Developer, on AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc8pA6AUR8&t=634s
@ 10:40

Batgirl:
I'm confused and it seems that some of my viewers are confused. Are there going to be NPCs in 2.6?

Ben Lesnick, Developer
2.6 for the Star Marine stuff YES. 2.6 is focussing on Star Marine and Arena Commander.

But wait, Ben said he PLAYED Star Marine! So he would know if he played it against AI, right?

quote:

Bensday with Batgirl and Ben episode 62 Sep 27, 2016
@ 06:00
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=drPXlgrrcA4

Batgirl
You have had an opportunity to PLAY and not talk about yet, STAR MARINE, that's gonna be coming to us in a few short weeks, I hope SOONER than that, but... since the EVOCATI doesn't have it I'm gonna say 'a few short weeks', um...

Ben Lesnick, Developer
(grins) fingers crossed!

Who did you play Star Marine with Ben?

A Neurotic Jew
Feb 17, 2012

by exmarx

SomethingJones posted:

Erin Roberts on AI:
Oct 13, 2016 @ 50:13

"We're PLANNING to get players into the game and then THAT'S what will come out with 2.6 but then shortly after that, when the AI come online... the AI basically will be in the game, PROPERLY, the first you'll see of that will be in 3.0"

Ben Lesnick, Developer, on AI
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc8pA6AUR8&t=634s
@ 10:40

Batgirl:
I'm confused and it seems that some of my viewers are confused. Are there going to be NPCs in 2.6?

Ben Lesnick, Developer
2.6 for the Star Marine stuff YES. 2.6 is focussing on Star Marine and Arena Commander.

But wait, Ben said he PLAYED Star Marine! So he would know if he played it against AI, right?

Who did you play Star Marine with Ben?

lol just lol

A Neurotic Jew fucked around with this message at 01:24 on Oct 14, 2016

Godmode Enabled
Jul 14, 2013

I AM A BETAGOON, ASK ME ABOUT PROPER GRIEF TO CASH RATIOS.

Ignore em . Only losers post on reddit :smug:

:smith:

Experimental Skin
Apr 16, 2016

Is this the first ever picture of Chris sans wig micromanaging an artist. "Make that pixel green. No, the other one. Why is my head cold?"

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Madcosby posted:

He looks bored out of his mind.

Did the game come out or sometinhg

As long as he has homeowners insurance he can get his house destroyed and it will be replaced without those hideous modules in it.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

NDAs exist because of trolls. Also, us goons prevent open development. I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

I've seen this before, and I can only imagine it from the outside perspective of someone close to him. Does he live with his parents, and they have to somehow accept their child is doing this? Is he married, and his wife has to come to terms with her husband throwing money at a spaceship game? Even if he lives alone, do his friends come over and be like, "Oh, yeah, man, great...spaceship room. Yeah, for sure, that game sounds amazing."

I really have a lot difficultly when I hear of shitizens' relations with wives. Like the guy who's in for $2,500 and dragged his wife to Citizencon. The fiance who spent half the wedding fund on jpegs. The guy whose wife got him an Aegis shirt and then he watched the Citizencon stream for his birthday. How loving embarrassing. I can only imagine the idle thoughts floating through the minds of their partners. "It's only a game, he's great otherwise." "It's just temporary, he'll get that promotion and forget about it in a year." "He'll snap out of it after our child is born." What on Earth do they say to their friends when they have some alone time for girl talk? Do they even dare to bring it up? It really makes me shudder.

I can't even fathom what Clifford "Miku"'s wife thinks. Unless he's comfortably worth well into the multi-millions, his Star Citizen fixation has easily made a substantial impact on his family's finances.

I just try to imagine myself in their shoes. Do they feel regret? Are they confused? Are they in denial, hoping it's just a passing phase?

I can't be the only one who feels absolutely unbearable discomfort when I imagine what the shitizens' close friends and family feel like.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Longhair Baggyclothesman is exactly like Chris roberts except he has more energy, speaks more clearly, and explains dreams far more enthusiastically.

starkebn
May 18, 2004

"Oooh, got a little too serious. You okay there, little buddy?"

Drunk Theory posted:

No kidding.

Two more of those 650 dollar lamps. Those tables are $900 each. I know furniture discussion is so nitpicky, but CIG has so much random niceexpensive poo poo in LA.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

I liked the computer desk hacked to poo poo behind his chair.

It's all great.

And you know this is one of those special guys who thinks Star Citizen is the only game they'll play for 20 years.

It's not even out and his hopes and dreams are shot to poo poo. He can't bitch to anybody because the community loving sucks on all sides.

He can basically get a refund and join SA and find camaraderie by realizing he was a chump, sold his fake ships, and show pictures of him converting his in house wank pod into a normal person den or living room or something.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Booblord Zagats
Oct 30, 2011

Pork Pro

Breetai posted:

loving look at that preview image. Look at that sad shambleman on the left. Just loving look at him and let that image seep into your brain.

Sad little babyman. Pouty little flabgut. This is the face of 'momma always said I was a handsome boy; it'll happen eventually, I'm a late bloomer! This is the face of NEET. This is not so much a citizen of the world as lord and master of the basement and crawlspaces. When Roberts poo poo, he eats. Looking at him lets you know, with perfect clarity, exactly why escapism is his #1 choice of activity. But he can't find a rope strong enough, so he'll escape his life with a video game. He's the Sad Little Engine whose motto is "I know I can't, I know I can't." His shirt reminding everyone who looks upon it to twitch is staggeringly redundant. He is the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert. It's like Hans Moleman hosed Ralf Wiggum. Not the offspring or amalgam of such a union, mind; he's just as awful as the concept of Hans Moleman loving Ralf Wiggum. I'd say it looks like a case of arrested development, only what life did to his development wasn't an arrest, but rather would cause riots in Ferguson.

Guy in the bowtie's a oval office, too.

This is my new favorite post in this whole forum

• Locked thread