Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

A Neurotic Jew posted:

Bensday with Batgirl is out.

https://youtu.be/EUc8pA6AUR8?t=10m34s

Ben reaches into his rear end to confirm combat NPC's in 2.6, directly contradicting what Erin Roberts said earlier today on RtV.

Why...that bloated lying sack of puss

https://pbs.twimg.com/tweet_video/CuqnHB3XEAAEhcT.mp4

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/786728569129107456

https://twitter.com/dsmart/status/786728951527927808

D_Smart fucked around with this message at 01:44 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

XK posted:

NDAs exist because of trolls. Also, us goons prevent open development. I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

I've seen this before, and I can only imagine it from the outside perspective of someone close to him. Does he live with his parents, and they have to somehow accept their child is doing this? Is he married, and his wife has to come to terms with her husband throwing money at a spaceship game? Even if he lives alone, do his friends come over and be like, "Oh, yeah, man, great...spaceship room. Yeah, for sure, that game sounds amazing."

I really have a lot difficultly when I hear of shitizens' relations with wives. Like the guy who's in for $2,500 and dragged his wife to Citizencon. The fiance who spent half the wedding fund on jpegs. The guy whose wife got him an Aegis shirt and then he watched the Citizencon stream for his birthday. How loving embarrassing. I can only imagine the idle thoughts floating through the minds of their partners. "It's only a game, he's great otherwise." "It's just temporary, he'll get that promotion and forget about it in a year." "He'll snap out of it after our child is born." What on Earth do they say to their friends when they have some alone time for girl talk? Do they even dare to bring it up? It really makes me shudder.

I can't even fathom what Clifford "Miku"'s wife thinks. Unless he's comfortably worth well into the multi-millions, his Star Citizen fixation has easily made a substantial impact on his family's finances.

I just try to imagine myself in their shoes. Do they feel regret? Are they confused? Are they in denial, hoping it's just a passing phase?

I can't be the only one who feels absolutely unbearable discomfort when I imagine what the shitizens' close friends and family feel like.

I think in his reddit thread today he said he's 46 and married with two kids.

SomethingJones
Mar 6, 2016

<3
Bensday with Batgirl and Ben episode 63
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EUc8pA6AUR8&t=1229s
@ 20:30

Ben Lenslock, Developer
The idea of selling ships is never the most ideal situation, in a perfect world we would make ships and give them to everybody and that would be the entire THING, but, we ABSOLUTELY NEED to bring in money to fund the game, so we do things like POLARIS pre-sale, or the PACKS were you get a DISCOUNT... we try to at least give you the tools so you can melt your ships and move things around and... get what you want... but ah... yeah

Tweak
Jul 28, 2003

or dont whatever

scrubs season six posted:

i assumed that was his kid in the picture contemplating why his dad couldn't have bought him a car with this/jpeg money

"but a spaceship is BETTER than a car! you'll thank me when this game releases"

new phone who dis
May 24, 2007

by VideoGames
Morbid Hound

XK posted:

NDAs exist because of trolls. Also, us goons prevent open development. I hope you're all happy with yourselves.

I've seen this before, and I can only imagine it from the outside perspective of someone close to him. Does he live with his parents, and they have to somehow accept their child is doing this? Is he married, and his wife has to come to terms with her husband throwing money at a spaceship game? Even if he lives alone, do his friends come over and be like, "Oh, yeah, man, great...spaceship room. Yeah, for sure, that game sounds amazing."

I really have a lot difficultly when I hear of shitizens' relations with wives. Like the guy who's in for $2,500 and dragged his wife to Citizencon. The fiance who spent half the wedding fund on jpegs. The guy whose wife got him an Aegis shirt and then he watched the Citizencon stream for his birthday. How loving embarrassing. I can only imagine the idle thoughts floating through the minds of their partners. "It's only a game, he's great otherwise." "It's just temporary, he'll get that promotion and forget about it in a year." "He'll snap out of it after our child is born." What on Earth do they say to their friends when they have some alone time for girl talk? Do they even dare to bring it up? It really makes me shudder.

I can't even fathom what Clifford "Miku"'s wife thinks. Unless he's comfortably worth well into the multi-millions, his Star Citizen fixation has easily made a substantial impact on his family's finances.

I just try to imagine myself in their shoes. Do they feel regret? Are they confused? Are they in denial, hoping it's just a passing phase?

I can't be the only one who feels absolutely unbearable discomfort when I imagine what the shitizens' close friends and family feel like.

The world is full of insecure people who will put up with a lot of weirdness for things like security and the comfort of a routine.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

I wish when I was a teen my dad had turned our basement into a Tetris level or some poo poo.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

XK posted:

I may be jaded, but I'd be pretty upset at a guy like that. I feel like there is an unsaid ritual where you sort of need to help a boy become a man if they're young.

Some older guys are good though, but midlife crisis can probably be expensive. A $60,000 corvette or $2,000 on a computer game? Both are fads, but one is going to hurt more than the other.

For the guys wrecking their lives, just stupid. Probably won't get laid anyhow.

I think a lot of women want McDreamy from Greys Anatomy but end up with guys from Scrubs. You just kind of go with it at some point.

Drunk Theory
Aug 20, 2016

Oven Wrangler

I wish when I was a teen my dad had turned our basement into a Tetris level or some poo poo.

Oh, you wanted the experience of finding what your dad did with your college fund? Those were good times.

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Drunk Theory posted:

Oh, you wanted the experience of finding what your dad did with your college fund? Those were good times.

Pffft. Imagine how proud the kid will be when the Idris owned by his dad is passed down to the next generation. Battle scarred, yet with a rich history of conquests across 100 complete systems. An education can't compare.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I must recognize that the spit of the game into SQ42 and SC was a stroke of genius?

quote:

-Is the AI/Docking/Doors ready for 2.7?
-Well, we're currently testing them in SQ42 and will include them in SC as soon as possible.

quote:

-Is the AI/Docking/Doors ready for SQ42?
-Well, we first have to debug them in the SC PU before porting them into the SQ42

And so on.

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

This is his midlife crisis episode then probably.

He can still convert the space ship room back into a normal person room again and get a refund.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

I'm late to the party here, but if you squint it looks like the guy sat in between Crobbers and the hairy dude, has really massive feet.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

We all feel regretful for those persons who have some kind of bad life situation, and are pinning their hopes on Star Citizen for some kind of second life outside of this one. We've seen plenty of evidence that those people definitely exist, and that they make up a not insubstantial portion of the major backers. When this project fails, those persons will be really hurt. I feel really badly they are being taken advantage of through their hopes and dreams of a god damned space ship video game. People like the often cited Humility. It's where the concerns come from raised here last year about there being potential suicides after this all implodes. It really is just such an awful thing Roberts and Co are perpetrating on the backers.

Outside of the backers themselves, it really does give me goosebumps to know there are real world women out there dealing with a husband who's entrenched in Star Citizen. And also parents dealing with a child who has sunk themselves into this.

The thing that immediately comes to mind, is a Youtube video I saw of a guy who lived with his parents, and bought and reviewed every available model of Fleshlight. He had actual crates of Fleshlights stacked up in the basement. His parents were totally numb and checked out, just like, "Yeah, well, whatever. That's what our son does." (I tried to find the video, but any kind of search for "Fleshlight review" is a total minefield, adding in "parents" only makes it worse) How the gently caress do you manage to normalize that into your life? That's basically the situation I imagine the family members are experiencing of the really committed backers.

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

trucutru posted:

I must recognize that the spit of the game into SQ42 and SC was a stroke of genius?

And so on.

It is really surprising people can't figure stuff like this out. The entire Squadron 42 campaign is done but they don't even know how to dock ships yet? They don't know how you will transition to planets yet? etc

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Pffft. Imagine how proud the kid will be when the Idris owned by his dad is passed down to the next generation. Battle scarred, yet with a rich history of conquests across 100 complete systems. An education can't compare.

And the Star Citizen character who is all robot because of procedural character damage states and amazing fidelity.

Justin Tyme
Feb 22, 2011

It would probably be a lot easier to be able to dock ships if ships weren't giant player entities

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

The Titanic posted:

And the Star Citizen character who is all robot because of procedural character damage states and amazing fidelity.

Fortunately cybernetics can be upgraded and overclocked for increased performance. One can become a space garbageman that is 50% more efficient than an average human.

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

It's not so much that Ben is lying (e.g. knowingly deceiving), but rather he doesn't know poo poo, and is too dumb to admit his ignorance so he makes poo poo up, like a small child does when they don't really understand the world around them. Literally every time he goes on with Batgirl CIG has to retract something Ben says.

D_Smart
May 11, 2010

by FactsAreUseless
College Slice

Eldragon posted:

It's not so much that Ben is lying (e.g. knowingly deceiving), but rather he doesn't know poo poo, and is too dumb to admit his ignorance so he makes poo poo up, like a small child does when they don't really understand the world around them. Literally every time he goes on with Batgirl CIG has to retract something Ben says.

Good point. They probably stopped telling him poo poo.

SpaceCurtisLeMay
Sep 30, 2016

We're at war with Goons. We were attacked by Goons. Do you want to kill Goons, or would you rather have Citizens killed?

Decrepus posted:

It is really surprising people can't figure stuff like this out. The entire Squadron 42 campaign is done but they don't even know how to dock ships yet? They don't know how you will transition to planets yet? etc

Meanwhile isn't Elite getting ships that can be launched from their larger ships in the next couple weeks?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

D_Smart posted:

Good point. They probably stopped telling him poo poo.

I doubt they ever started telling him anything in the first place.

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy
I am pretty sure they'll inform him about the number of seats on every new ship. Wouldn't want to repeat the Xi'an scout embarrassment.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

XK posted:

"It's only a game, he's great otherwise." "It's just temporary, he'll get that promotion and forget about it in a year." "He'll snap out of it after our child is born."
One thing I took away from the Blue Story/Star Wars Wife thread is that these people don't actually change, they are broken on a fundamental level and cannot get out of the mindset they have without professional help. And just like Blue Story, you will never convince the die hard rusted on Star Citizen fans that they need help.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

How the gently caress do you manage to normalize that into your life?

I'd deal with that by taking a couple of them outside and juggling them while strolling up and down the street and not giving a single gently caress. Which I think is one of the problems with Shitizens, they give so many fucks about what people think that they resort to being weird and breaking down at the slightest hint that their 'passion' is a strange mix of ott nerdy obsession and submission in both mind and wallet to a bad idea.

Everytime anyone questions them or points out a flaw, it's like they've just been caught by their parents with their knob in a torch and their coinpurse hanging out and the only way they can react is crying "GET OUTA MY ROOM MOM, ITS MY PRIVATE TIME!!!". DS being constantly peering in through the key hole just makes them even more agrivated, which makes me happy :)

The Titanic
Sep 15, 2016

Unsinkable

Colostomy Bag posted:

Fortunately cybernetics can be upgraded and overclocked for increased performance. One can become a space garbageman that is 50% more efficient than an average human.

I hope you voted for the space garbage ship corvette then!

Nothing says awesome like being space garbage man. I hope Chris Roberts can create amazing garbage gameplay and mechanics.

Blunderstorm
Mar 1, 2016

my grandfather just posts and all i got was this lousy joke, so what

Breetai posted:

He is the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert.

fuckin lol

ded.

Harold Stassen
Jan 24, 2016
Xi'an is literally the Chinese name for China. Is there a separate planet just for Asians in this game? that's pretty racist.

Asian planet
Forest planet
Saharan desert planet
Mojave desert planet
Ice planet
x1,000,000,000

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Xi'an is literally the Chinese name for China. Is there a separate planet just for Asians in this game? that's pretty racist.

Oh its better, the Xi'an are an alien race of space turtles. Anyone want to take bets they are like these guys?

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NgoznacvSxc

Eldragon fucked around with this message at 02:40 on Oct 14, 2016

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Mirificus posted:

A different ellindar post

Goons bailed on SC because CIG wouldn't let us direct development, so goons moved to ED where Frontier won't let us direct development but in return for our piles of cash they let us have a thread in their forum to badmouth SC.

Which of you negotiated this loving deal?

Eldragon
Feb 22, 2003

MeLKoR posted:

Goons bailed on SC because CIG wouldn't let us direct development, so goons moved to ED where Frontier won't let us direct development but in return for our piles of cash they let us have a thread in their forum to badmouth SC.

Which of you negotiated this loving deal?

Deal was pretty good. Ellindar doesn't know about the secret subforum or the Braben Phone.

ComfyPants
Mar 20, 2002

The Titanic posted:

I hope Chris Roberts can create amazing garbage gameplay and mechanics.

I don't see why he can't, he's been doing so for years! :v:

trucutru
Jul 9, 2003

by Fluffdaddy

cool new Polack jokes posted:

Asian planet
Forest planet
Saharan desert planet
Mojave desert planet
Ice planet
x1,000,000,000

There is a space of honoraburu space samurai that committed mass seppuku when the war was lost for them. Is that good enough for you?

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Daztek posted:

Dunno when I'll get around to finishing this, it's delayed indefinitely delayed until 2016 some future undefined date, but have a dumb WIP video

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UlourXKu5Gc

:perfect:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Breetai posted:

loving look at that preview image. Look at that sad shambleman on the left. Just loving look at him and let that image seep into your brain.

Sad little babyman. Pouty little flabgut. This is the face of 'momma always said I was a handsome boy; it'll happen eventually, I'm a late bloomer! This is the face of NEET. This is not so much a citizen of the world as lord and master of the basement and crawlspaces. When Roberts poo poo, he eats. Looking at him lets you know, with perfect clarity, exactly why escapism is his #1 choice of activity. But he can't find a rope strong enough, so he'll escape his life with a video game. He's the Sad Little Engine whose motto is "I know I can't, I know I can't." His shirt reminding everyone who looks upon it to twitch is staggeringly redundant. He is the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert. It's like Hans Moleman hosed Ralf Wiggum. Not the offspring or amalgam of such a union, mind; he's just as awful as the concept of Hans Moleman loving Ralf Wiggum. I'd say it looks like a case of arrested development, only what life did to his development wasn't an arrest, but rather would cause riots in Ferguson.

Guy in the bowtie's a oval office, too.

:drat:

also :agreed:

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

Sabreseven posted:

I'd deal with that by taking a couple of them outside and juggling them while strolling up and down the street and not giving a single gently caress. Which I think is one of the problems with Shitizens, they give so many fucks about what people think that they resort to being weird and breaking down at the slightest hint that their 'passion' is a strange mix of ott nerdy obsession and submission in both mind and wallet to a bad idea.

Everytime anyone questions them or points out a flaw, it's like they've just been caught by their parents with their knob in a torch and their coinpurse hanging out and the only way they can react is crying "GET OUTA MY ROOM MOM, ITS MY PRIVATE TIME!!!". DS being constantly peering in through the key hole just makes them even more agrivated, which makes me happy :)

OK, the imagery of Derek peeking through a keyhole at shitizens jacking off over spaceship jpegs is just wonderful. Thank you for putting that image in my head, I'm actually real world lol'ing from it.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

XK posted:

OK, the imagery of Derek peeking through a keyhole at shitizens jacking off over spaceship jpegs is just wonderful. Thank you for putting that image in my head, I'm actually real world lol'ing from it.

You're welcome :D

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Breetai posted:

loving look at that preview image. Look at that sad shambleman on the left. Just loving look at him and let that image seep into your brain.

Sad little babyman. Pouty little flabgut. This is the face of 'momma always said I was a handsome boy; it'll happen eventually, I'm a late bloomer! This is the face of NEET. This is not so much a citizen of the world as lord and master of the basement and crawlspaces. When Roberts poo poo, he eats. Looking at him lets you know, with perfect clarity, exactly why escapism is his #1 choice of activity. But he can't find a rope strong enough, so he'll escape his life with a video game. He's the Sad Little Engine whose motto is "I know I can't, I know I can't." His shirt reminding everyone who looks upon it to twitch is staggeringly redundant. He is the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert. It's like Hans Moleman hosed Ralf Wiggum. Not the offspring or amalgam of such a union, mind; he's just as awful as the concept of Hans Moleman loving Ralf Wiggum. I'd say it looks like a case of arrested development, only what life did to his development wasn't an arrest, but rather would cause riots in Ferguson.

I think this post would get you arrested in England.

Marching Powder
Mar 8, 2008

stop the fucking fight, cornerman, your dude is fucking done and is about to be killed.

Breetai posted:

Hahaha niiiiice

Tokyo Sexwale
Jul 30, 2003

"the 'before' picture of a penis pump advert" is the best burn this thread has seen in ages imo

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

happyhippy posted:

Just thinking, what if someone made a Polaris better than whatever poo poo they come up with.

Someone did. It's called the Anaconda.

• Locked thread