Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
Which country won WW1?
The United States
USA
America
View Results

evil_bunnY
Apr 2, 2003

There's some truly bad mechanics/design elements but they've fixed a bunch from beta and they seem to be listening to feedback. I'll wait for reviews but probably end up getting it

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

NEVER MIND IM AN IDIOT

And also origin is loving terrible still, despite that fancy new clothes.

MrYenko fucked around with this message at 13:47 on Oct 14, 2016

HolePisser1982
Nov 3, 2002
Suez might be the worst map of any Battlefield game

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009

ObMeiste posted:

I'm pretty dang happy with what I've seen of the game so far although the lack of a character customization though is a bit of an disapointment. I'd have hoped for something like Battlefront's system atleast.

Also on the subject of appearances did anyone notice the british assault class got altered?
Guess someone thought there was just an abhorent amount of brown people.

Melanin count in skin tone varies from theater to theater. There were more Indians at Sinai than anywhere in France.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Now the Drums beat up again,
For all true Soldier Gentlemen.

Jedi Knight Luigi posted:

Melanin count in skin tone varies from theater to theater. There were more Indians at Sinai than anywhere in France.

Campaigns outside the European sphere more or less were a Commonwealth rainbow of nationalities and ethnicities that were equal too or more than the white British soldier. Having one less white guy makes sense more with the maps set in the eastern campaigns.

I think the middle eastern British forces should have their own unique tropical uniforms anyway.

Still, there is DLC and post launch content and if this gold is a major hit it could happen.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

AGENT NAHMAN JAYDEN, FBI.

We prefer discord, but thanks.

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Come to think of it, the single player has a lot of models and assets unique to the campaign right? maybe they'll transfer some of them over eventually post release. That would be pretty cool.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
They did change Luke Skywalker on Hoth after a while, so I can see them adding some more appropriate clothing to BEF in the Eastern theatre.

Also, as I recall, the BF 3 DLC "Aftermath" added custom looks for all classes on those specific maps. (That DLC was loving dope all in all).

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Pickehaubes, Kepi and shorts for all in the future!

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Plan Z posted:

This is what most of my matches look like:

I wish they didn't listen to the people that wanted it changed.

This is just strange to me.

I mean everyone's experience is going to be different but I don't think we've had a blow out quite this bad yet.

The one game that nearly ended in a blow out we came back for a close victory via the Dreadnaught.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.
http://imgur.com/a/Y2l52

Last hour of my trial, bought the CQ light tank mod with the shotgun and proceeded to ruin peoples day as they tried to cap A/B on Sinai. A light tank up on those cliffs is really overpowered. Anyone down below has to find the right angle to shoot up or be far enough away that I can dodge their AT shots. Can't wait till it releases.

DoctorStrangelove
Jun 7, 2012

IT WOULD NOT BE DIFFICULT MEIN FUHRER!

HolePisser1982 posted:

Suez might be the worst map of any Battlefield game

It's basically identical to half the maps in BC2 so I guess it's tied.

Chronojam
Feb 20, 2006

This is me on vacation in Amsterdam :)
Never be afraid of being yourself!

How do they leave out features bf4 and bfh had? I want to steal ammo and leadership at the push of a button.

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

DoctorStrangelove posted:

It's basically identical to half the maps in BC2 so I guess it's tied.

I'm glad I wasn't the only one that noticed Suez feels like a BC1/BC2 map.

I can't remember the name of it but it was a desert map in BC1 that opens with you assaulting a small town connected by a bridge.

Then in MCOM location 2 it moves into an urban setting with tons of small buildings. This map feels identical in layout.

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

fromoutofnowhere posted:

http://imgur.com/a/Y2l52

Last hour of my trial, bought the CQ light tank mod with the shotgun and proceeded to ruin peoples day as they tried to cap A/B on Sinai. A light tank up on those cliffs is really overpowered. Anyone down below has to find the right angle to shoot up or be far enough away that I can dodge their AT shots. Can't wait till it releases.

Yeah it's still very easy to cheese to the top with the light tank. I'm almost tanker rank 2 but I still don't know how to unlock poo poo, there's a gun that looks like the cavalry lever action rifle that I really want for the few times I bail on my tank.

Sarmhan
Nov 1, 2011

There's a revolver carbine that looks kicking rad if that's what you are referring to.

CaptainRightful
Jan 11, 2005

Not being able to customize your loadouts from the main menu sucks.

fromoutofnowhere
Mar 19, 2004

Enjoy it while you can.

afkmacro posted:

Yeah it's still very easy to cheese to the top with the light tank. I'm almost tanker rank 2 but I still don't know how to unlock poo poo, there's a gun that looks like the cavalry lever action rifle that I really want for the few times I bail on my tank.

Click the class, then click customize on the left. for tanks, you have to select the tank from the spawn screen, then click customize. The weapons load out for the driver can be changed there. And I have the revolver rifle thingy, it's ok, but the spread on it is weird and I've yet to get used to it. CQ is decent with it though.

Elendil004
Mar 22, 2003

The prognosis
is not good.

Are operations broken? Everytime I try to find a game it puts me into a solo game I can't start...

The Jumpoff
May 4, 2011
Your dad's in the Russian Mafia, that's the jumpoff!

IceOrb posted:

I can't remember the name of it but it was a desert map in BC1 that opens with you assaulting a small town connected by a bridge.

Then in MCOM location 2 it moves into an urban setting with tons of small buildings. This map feels identical in layout.

Pretty sure that's Oasis and yeah that map was garbage on Rush imo.

BF1 is looking fun but i'm going to wait a few more days before deciding to pre-order and see if anything really emerges as bad or broken.

MrYenko
Jun 18, 2012

#2 isn't ALWAYS bad...

Elendil004 posted:

Are operations broken? Everytime I try to find a game it puts me into a solo game I can't start...

It seems to dump you into an empty server, instead of a full one. If you wait around long enough, someone will show up, and you'll stare at each others nametags until one of you gets bored and goes to play Conquest.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

MrYenko posted:

It seems to dump you into an empty server, instead of a full one. If you wait around long enough, someone will show up, and you'll stare at each others nametags until one of you gets bored and goes to play Conquest.

Same happens for Rush and Domination.

eonwe
Aug 11, 2008

Lipstick Apathy
game fuckin owns

Deakul
Apr 2, 2012

PAM PA RAM

PAM PAM PARAAAAM!

How the gently caress is Rush so dead?

Especially in a WW1 Battlefield game, what the gently caress is wrong with these idiots?

SeanBeansShako
Nov 20, 2009

Deakul posted:

Especially in a WW1 Battlefield game, what the gently caress is wrong with these idiots?

Bad Company is old. We're all now old. Old old old.

Party Plane Jones
Jul 1, 2007

by Reene
Fun Shoe

Deakul posted:

Servers for Rush are broken, as far as I can tell. Trying to quickmatch into Rush dumps you into empty servers every time.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

rap music posted:

has anyone tried operations? that seems pretty cool

Not yet. Can't get into a proper game of it. They let you choose any operation you want, but only one of them works and I never find a full game of it. I've heard really good things, though.

IceOrb posted:

This is just strange to me.

I mean everyone's experience is going to be different but I don't think we've had a blow out quite this bad yet.

The one game that nearly ended in a blow out we came back for a close victory via the Dreadnaught.

It's not an inherently bad idea, but BF1 feels really close and kill-y, and I think the designers realized it. Quite often there's a five minute base-camp at the start of the tighter maps that completely decides the game for everyone, and I think that's really, really stupid. The one I posted ended in under 15 minutes as we pushed the enemy to their spawn and my teammates were spamming sniper fire and airburst mortars.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 19:20 on Oct 14, 2016

Bloody Hedgehog
Dec 12, 2003

💥💥🤯💥💥
Gotta nuke something

IceOrb posted:

We prefer discord, but thanks.

I mean, no, BF goons don't.

They're going to be using the CTS mumble server. It's just the way it is.

buttchugging adderall
May 7, 2007

COME GET SOME

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

It's almost as if goons who play games aren't a hive mind and some use other voice chat clients.

MadBimber
Dec 31, 2006
anybody run into hackers? I was in a server against three dudes who I think were polish, and they were headshotting people across the map with 1911s. It was kinda funny but going against three dudes 50-5 gets old fast...

revolther
May 27, 2008
Anyone know if buying through GMG now will get you the pre-order hellfighter stuff?

Bloodplay it again
Aug 25, 2003

Oh, Dee, you card. :-*

Plan Z posted:

This is what most of my matches look like:

I wish they didn't listen to the people that wanted it changed.

It's only going to get worse when the game is released and people stack teams. I'm really disappointed they bait-and-switched conquest mode with this poo poo because now it's just going to encourage even more sniping. Between this and no rc for servers, I can't imagine this is going to go any better than Battlefront did. Curious to see if people are still playing early next year or if the numbers will have dropped substantially from release.

Also :lol: at voice chat clients. "VENTRILO IS BETTER" "NU HUH I LIKE ROGER WILCO" "MUMBLE RULES TEAMSPEAK SUX" Y'all trippin if you ain't usin voice calls on a public switched telephone network. Carrier pigeon also acceptable given the subject matter

IceOrb
Sep 10, 2006

Plan Z posted:

It's not an inherently bad idea, but BF1 feels really close and kill-y, and I think the designers realized it. Quite often there's a five minute base-camp at the start of the tighter maps that completely decides the game for everyone, and I think that's really, really stupid. The one I posted ended in under 15 minutes as we pushed the enemy to their spawn and my teammates were spamming sniper fire and airburst mortars.

This is why I'm so interested in the Operations mode cause it seems like its trying purposely build those style of matches that last for 40 or 50 minutes. Like if you lose the first round its still not over and on top of this you also get fairly large conquest style layouts instead of the RUSH style layout which is just a shooting gallery.

Hopefully they get it working this weekend.

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

¯\_(ツ)_/¯

That's totally fine but considering we had enough people for three full squads last night (and that is before our regulars got on) I think there's more people than you realize that either want to use DISCORD or don't mind using both.

Personally depending on the game we're talking about I'll switch back and forth between the two based on whichever is more populated.

Classical Muzak posted:

It's almost as if goons who play games aren't a hive mind and some use other voice chat clients.

Basically this.

Please don't make it a dumb platform war, I just wanna play video games with cool dudes.

Jehde
Apr 21, 2010

Bloody Hedgehog posted:

:yikes:

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug
Brother is a mad Battlefield fan. Except Hardline as gently caress Hardline.

Has BF1 on preorder, got time off to play and everything.

Broke his arm today, 3-6 weeks recover time. Can't even hold a controller atm.

Totally gutted.

Delacroix
Dec 7, 2010

:munch:

IceOrb posted:

I think it's worse than Oasis conquest from BC2 when Suez funnels the action into a strip down the middle. Oasis broke up sightlines a lot better since all the buildings aren't clustered on one side of the map. Fao is a neat map when the weather rolls in and the gaggle of scouts can't be bothered to use flares.

Sniper rifles remain stupidly easily. Sniping is a cinch when a bodyshot is 90% health a hundred metres away.

K8.0
Feb 26, 2004

Her Majesty's 56th Regiment of Foot

happyhippy posted:

Brother is a mad Battlefield fan. Except Hardline as gently caress Hardline.

Has BF1 on preorder, got time off to play and everything.

Broke his arm today, 3-6 weeks recover time. Can't even hold a controller atm.

Totally gutted.

There's a guy on twitch who has no arms and no legs who plays CS just fine. Your brother is a bitch.

(really I just want to see someone try to play one-handed with just one of those 20 button MMO mice)

Fresh Shesh Besh
May 15, 2013

Really annoyed with Dice that they decided to pussy out and change conquest tickets to include kills again. It's asinine.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

MadBimber posted:

anybody run into hackers? I was in a server against three dudes who I think were polish, and they were headshotting people across the map with 1911s. It was kinda funny but going against three dudes 50-5 gets old fast...

Yeah, hacking's getting big. Apparently they're just running Fair Fight on its own. I guess they never heard of R6: Siege or The Division.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 22:57 on Oct 14, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

afkmacro
Mar 29, 2009

Fresh Shesh Besh posted:

Really annoyed with Dice that they decided to pussy out and change conquest tickets to include kills again. It's asinine.

I was gonna say it doesn't really matter but then I remembered bad team mates who die repeatedly without capping poo poo will make lose you no matter how much effort you put in. so i guess i agree.