Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

tuo posted:

It a simple URL forward to the RSI shop, with the guys referal code already in the URL.

At least with pyramid schemes someone at least gets some Tupperware at some point.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

An addendum to an earlier post:

Working at CIG means a grown rear end man that calls himself a little anime girl will stalk your dad and take pictures of you while you sleep. This is real life.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

You can tell it's fake because there's no way would 185 people notice it.

I find it easy to believe his children would have been happy enough to sign up 185 Twitter accounts though

He doesn't really have children though, does he? :ohdear:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to fool them all
One Ring to find them
One Ring to milk them all
and pockets fully line them
Grimey Drawer

tuo posted:

It a simple URL forward to the RSI shop, with the guys referal code already in the URL.

I know what it is, I just wondered if someone was a youtube superstar and could tell anything significant from the fact he's listed it like that.

Edit to be clear, rumours are that streamers are being paid by CIG, so far I've no seen proof of that though.

AP fucked around with this message at 14:35 on Oct 14, 2016

HycoCam
Jul 14, 2016

You should have backed Transverse!

AP posted:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s3krSajx_RA

What does Affiliate Link mean on youtube?

"Buy StarCitizen [Affiliate Link] ► http://dangheesling.tv/starcitizen"

Wonder what kind of belt Dan wears?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Dark Off posted:

Eh, we certainly will

but it won't be part of the first iteration

The whole stream contains a lot of these fantastic facial expressions and body languages.
Also croberts pupils are dilated as heck. https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mydriasis

I liked watching Chris as Longhair Baggyclothesman describes Chris's dream better than he can himself.

I assume he will be fired shortly.

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I find it easy to believe his children would have been happy enough to sign up 185 Twitter accounts though

No just little anime girl patterned socks that have aquired adhesive qualities since he's owned them.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

Sabreseven posted:

No just little anime girl patterned socks that have aquired adhesive qualities since he's owned them.

One of them snapped in half the other day

Sabreseven
Feb 27, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

One of them snapped in half the other day

Ah I guess he must've tried to girlishly throw it into the laundry basket and it hit the wall behind it. Bet he made a squeeky vocal noise and did a strain fart as he threw it too.

The creepy bastard triggers the gently caress outa me.

crisp roberts
Oct 13, 2016

MeLKoR posted:

How can they claim all Squadron 42 missions are complete when they: 1- don't have AI; 2- can't dock ships? How did they play the missions? Are the missions nothing more than walking around and triggering cutscenes?

The missions are complete in the script.:shrug:

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry

Hasn't that promo art been making the rounds for 4 years now?

Jobbo_Fett
Mar 7, 2014

Slava Ukrayini

Clapping Larry
Only one thousand and ten pages to go

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

MeLKoR posted:

Are the missions nothing more than walking around and triggering cutscenes?

What does your heart tell you?

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

The Titanic posted:

I think a lot of women want McDreamy from Greys Anatomy but end up with guys from Scrubs. You just kind of go with it at some point.

You lost me here.

I'd gay marry Turkleton or JD over McDreamy from Grey's any day.

Propagandist
Oct 23, 2007

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Only one thousand and ten pages to go

:wink:

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

Jobbo_Fett posted:

Hasn't that promo art been making the rounds for 4 years now?

Maybe not that long, I just like the idea you'll plug a game that's meant to be playable now while showing concept art.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Apologies if it's been posted, but this got put out and the Citizens are wisely nodding their heads:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-14-the-merits-of-star-citizens-development-openness

It seems to be a lot of BS designed to curry favour with the Crobbers, on the slight pro that SC's fans are "happy".

Go-Gurt For Dinner
Jul 8, 2013

Jobbo_Fett posted:

The Wallet Strikes Back

A New Scope (creep) or Blue (whale) Harvest.

TheAgent
Feb 16, 2002

The call is coming from inside Dr. House
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

How can they claim all Squadron 42 missions are complete when they: 1- don't have AI; 2- can't dock ships? How did they play the missions? Are the missions nothing more than walking around and triggering cutscenes?
I know I've mentioned all this before but anyway

everything in the prelude chapter that's supposed to release in march next year is entirely hand scripted

there's no FPS elements (at this time) because they still can't get the AI to work properly, so all the fighting is in space, with you running around and talking to dudes onboard the idris or whatever

they also don't have the models ready for the vanduul, so you'll be fighting human npcs for the forseeable future

the prelude is supposed to start during the last battle against the vanduul and then shift to see the betrayal by the UEE fleet

its something like

PLAYER, SCRAMBLE TO YOUR SHIP poo poo IS GOING DOWN with this huge set piece thing on the idris and npcs running around n poo poo all in a huff

I AM IN MY SPACESHIP WHOOO HELMET ANIMATION

FIGHT THE EVIL SPACEMEN ALIENS

COME BACK VICTORIOUS and walk around the ship and have everyone tell me how awesome I am, please report to the briefing room

WHAT ARE THEY DOING as the fleet leaves or turns on your ship

the end???? SQUADRON 42 ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS (they are not going to say "full game release") COMING SOON

roughly 3 hours or so of total gameplay

Quavers
Feb 26, 2016

You clearly don't understand game development

AP posted:

I know what it is, I just wondered if someone was a youtube superstar and could tell anything significant from the fact he's listed it like that.

Edit to be clear, rumours are that streamers are being paid by CIG, so far I've no seen proof of that though.

MMOs often have affiliate programs where you get a percentage of someone's purchases when they use your referral link. It's possible CIG have set this up for their favourite streamers: streamer promotes game, gives out referral link, viewer uses link and buys package/ships, streamer gets their percentage. The referral links are already used to "unlock" in-game cosmetics and free ships for popular referrers (up to 42 referrals); it's not a far stretch to assume payment extending from that.

Meanwhile, if a company wanted to unofficially sponsor a streamer, they could simply create multiple Twitch Accounts, and subscribe/gift thereby indirectly paying them.

Maw
Feb 18, 2013

Mere minutes after discovering the new technology, it was used to send me a crude ASCII dong.

TheAgent posted:

everything in the prelude chapter that's supposed to release in march next year is entirely hand scripted

there's no FPS elements (at this time) because they still can't get the AI to work properly, so all the fighting is in space, with you running around and talking to dudes onboard the idris or whatever

they also don't have the models ready for the vanduul, so you'll be fighting human npcs for the forseeable future

the prelude is supposed to start during the last battle against the vanduul and then shift to see the betrayal by the UEE fleet

its something like

PLAYER, SCRAMBLE TO YOUR SHIP poo poo IS GOING DOWN with this huge set piece thing on the idris and npcs running around n poo poo all in a huff

COME BACK VICTORIOUS and walk around the ship and have everyone tell me how awesome I am, please report to the briefing room

the end???? SQUADRON 42 ADDITIONAL CHAPTERS (they are not going to say "full game release") COMING SOON

I want this to be true

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

TheAgent posted:

its something like

They are gonna have to buy extra storage for all the 10's on metacritic.

happyhippy
Feb 21, 2005

Playing games, watching movies, owning goons. 'sup
Pillbug

ewe2 posted:

Apologies if it's been posted, but this got put out and the Citizens are wisely nodding their heads:

http://www.gamesindustry.biz/articles/2016-10-14-the-merits-of-star-citizens-development-openness

It seems to be a lot of BS designed to curry favour with the Crobbers, on the slight pro that SC's fans are "happy".

I lost it at 'This year's CitizenCon was a remarkable event in many ways,'.

EightAce
May 10, 2015

Watch it all come crashing down on his head and wonder why any of us gave him money in the first place.

TheAgent posted:

its something like

dont forget being sent off to the Shubin mining colony only to be ambushed. Upon your return you get injured in a massive star fight. You have been set up by someone on the inside , that someone is a comms officer called (redacted) . However you have the beautiful and fiesty commanding officer to help you out , as you unravel the betrayal..

This could be true

getsome
Oct 13, 2016

AP posted:

I sorta doubt they are, there are enough rabid SC fans who are foaming at the mouth for any tidbit of content. It's Probably lucrative for streamers to focus on SC, and that's not counting the streamers who happen to be Shitizens.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Yeah I don't buy the paid shills thing either, that have hundreds of nerds who paid them thousands to do it.

Hopper
Dec 28, 2004

BOOING! BOOING!
Grimey Drawer

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I not even convinced he married. Probably thinks his pedo-fetish Miku is his wife. I wouldn't be surprised if he was so mentally ill he actually sees her like a kid seeing their imaginary friend as shown in TV shows.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx

getsome posted:

I sorta doubt they are, there are enough rabid SC fans who are foaming at the mouth for any tidbit of content. It's Probably lucrative for streamers to focus on SC, and that's not counting the streamers who happen to be Shitizens.

Its not even remotely lucrative. The best streamers only just barely crack 3 digits. That's jack poo poo in terms of ad money. And they get 2$/month off of subs. Its sub minimum wage. And remember they got to pay for equipment, pay taxes, etc.

If they are doing this as a job and not as a hobby(I don't know enough about SC streamers personal lives), they are 100% being paid by CIG. They'd have to be to support themselves and their families.

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

getsome posted:

There's a ton of circumstantial evidence they are, plus rumours saying they are being paid. Star Citizen rumours, not always, but often turn out to be true.

It's one of those things that hard to get proof on.

Tank Boy Ken
Aug 24, 2012
J4G for life
Fallen Rib

TheLightPurges posted:

Its not even remotely lucrative. The best streamers only just barely crack 3 digits. That's jack poo poo in terms of ad money. And they get 2$/month off of subs. Its sub minimum wage. And remember they got to pay for equipment, pay taxes, etc.

Wait?! Subscribing to a channel on twitch costs $$$?

Lack of Gravitas
Oct 11, 2012

Grimey Drawer

:popeye:

Also Derek - that last blog was excellent better than usual, I think partly because you didn't spend 10 pages going back over every little thing leading up to where we are now. Please keep it up - you don't need to rehash everything with each new blog :)

Oleyo
Mar 28, 2016

orcinus posted:

Rescaling an asset literally consists of opening the file and changing the world scale.
One number. That's all there is to it. It's not rocket science.

The only possible stumbling block is the physics engine - if they were dumb enough not to multiply mass, forces, friction etc. with a scaling factor, nothing would behave right anymore.

Yeah but if it's the scales of various parts of a module then proportions can be all off, which would be a mess.

Like if they work in some hypothetical 5m 'chunk' and that is correct, but maybe all of there doorways are slightly off, and do not link up, or stairs, or ceiling height or. You couldn't just scale to fix these type of mismatches.

Judging by how CIG operate, I imagine Illfonic got very poor or vague specs for this stuff. Cripes, I mean, even internally, CIG didn't make their 'top shelf' SQ42 set pieces big enough for their Big Bads.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

Tank Boy Ken posted:

There is follow and there is subscribe. The latter is just giving 5 bucks (50/50 split between twitch and the streamer)

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
^^ what he said

Tank Boy Ken posted:

Its basically a tip jar. And you get extra emotes or something. If you have amazon prime you get a "free" one right now with twitchprime (which comes with amazon prime)

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

cupitor
Oct 13, 2016
:trumppop:

Truga
May 4, 2014
Lipstick Apathy

This is good for star citizen

getsome
Oct 13, 2016

TheLightPurges posted:

If they are doing this as a job and not as a hobby(I don't know enough about SC streamers personal lives), they are 100% being paid by CIG. They'd have to be to support themselves and their families.

Lucrative in the context of streaming, I don't mean obbjectively lucrative where money is concerned, I mean subscribers, attention and luv.

Maybe they get kickbacks or free ships or views from CIG but I don't reckon CIG is tossing them a salary they can live off. Maybe you're right though, I got no clue either way.

TheLightPurges
Sep 24, 2016

by exmarx
I imagine most of them do it as a hobby.
I'm just saying if they claim to be making a living streaming SC they'd have to be paid by CIG(or the PR firm paid by CIG).

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

AP
Jul 12, 2004

One Ring to find them
Grimey Drawer

getsome posted:

Lucrative in the context of streaming, I don't mean obbjectively lucrative where money is concerned, I mean subscribers, attention and luv.

Maybe they get kickbacks or free ships or views from CIG but I don't reckon CIG is tossing them a salary they can live off. Maybe you're right though, I got no clue either way.

What ships do you have getsome?

• Locked thread