Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

iwentdoodie
Apr 29, 2005

🤗YOU'RE WELCOME🤗
Over 100k.

For that.

Lol.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
To be fair, aren't Australian car prices kind of insane to begin with?

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

AMAZING I am in love!!!!

B4Ctom1
Oct 5, 2003

OVERWORKED COCK
Slippery Tilde
In facebook "for sale" ad only $19,500

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
LMR has S550 tail lights for new edges. I hate them, but I dont hate them as much as raxioms S197 knockoffs.

https://lmr.com/item/LRS-MST99RLED/99-04-mustang-sequential-s550-style-tail-lights-red

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxiom-icon-led-taillights.html

Rolo
Nov 16, 2005

Hmm, what have we here?
You should see Raxiom's replacements for the S550:

http://www.americanmuscle.com/raxio...blue&GID=393412

Edit: I looked at these a month ago on AM and saw a ton of negative feedback on both reviews and pictures for them being ugly. They've all since disappeared.

Rolo fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Oct 12, 2016

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Yeahhh those are bizarre. What the hell was the idea behind those?

Q_res
Oct 29, 2005

We're fucking built for this shit!
To look like the new GT taillights.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001
There are a few things I think that needs to be considered for the round tail lights. Right now they look out of place.
They need to be in some sort of group of 3. All mustangs had 3 tail lights or some number divisible by 3 or some 3 main light groupings, on the different 79-93 models.
The center of the round tail lights needs to have something functional there. more light, a battery disconnect switch, brake duct vents, exhaust, gas filler, etc, just something idk what.

The old tail lights look like they give a bigger surface area to let people know you are stopping instead of the 5" of a circle led. So there may be an issue of looking cool vs being safe.
without seeing it person though. They could both equally be good.

as for the s550 /s197 tail lights on a new edge. I would have to see them in person to make a final judgement.I would say no as of right now.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Moffat's BOSS 302 Mustang was awesome. He did nothing to the motor and kept the body the same as how it came from Ford US's competition area, yet could beat up big block V8s with it.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I didnt want to fill up the awesome ai thread with this car but I already uploaded this one and wanted to post it.

http://silodrome.com/ford-mustang-gt-enduro/

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Also this: it came from craigslist. At least its a V6 with 150k

$1200 and its yours.

Cage fucked around with this message at 20:10 on Oct 14, 2016

Dinurth
Aug 6, 2004

?

Cage posted:

Also this: it came from facebook. At least its a V6 with 150k

$1200 and its yours.

Everyone pitch in $100, let's buy it then wreck it in the best way possible.

Coredump
Dec 1, 2002

A new edge Mustang with the 3.7 v6 and manual would be pretty neat car to tool around in.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
Its an auto of course.

https://buffalo.craigslist.org/cto/5825730523.html

Ill chip in $300 to destroy it in fun ways and put it out of its misery. Will film shenanigans.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Raluek posted:

The '12 GT500 makes 550/510, doesn't it? Which is more than the GT350's 526/429. Not like they're really comparable, since one's a heavy-ish torque monster for the street whereas the other is a light high-revving track car.

It does.

2007-2009 = 500
2010 = 540
2011-2012 = 550
2013-2014 = 662

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

IOwnCalculus posted:

That's... quite surprising. Both sourced from C&D:

2011 GT500: 3751 pounds
2016 GT350R: 3710 pounds
2016 GT350 with track pack: 3790 pounds

The GT350 might have a bit less weight on the nose, though... C&D claims 55.7% on the GT500, Motor Trend says 54% on the GT350. Probably speaks a lot to how much stiffening the car up overall adds weight.

It wouldn't surprise me if IRS related facilities add 100+ pounds.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

I LOVE Musk and his pro-first-amendment ways. X is the future.

scrubs season six posted:

It wouldn't surprise me if IRS related facilities add 100+ pounds.
Best 100 pounds ever.

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

ilkhan posted:

Best 100 pounds ever.

Definitely.

Unless you're drag racing.

Ford should have made a 2011-2014 GT500 with an auto. Would've loved to see a MM&FF article that they ran 10s in with just tires. And then the follow up article where they ran 9s with just the Ford Racing supercharger upgrade kit.

Longpig Bard
Dec 29, 2004

My 2013 power seat isn't going up or down, I wanna lift it up to see if something's jamming the motor. Is it just a few bolts on the floor?

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010
Just came here to say a co worker just gave me a parking lot rundown on his new gt350 with track pack and I have so much want. The swept area of the brakes is probably quantified in square feet. The flat plane V8.... Yes.

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

coupbrick posted:

My 2013 power seat isn't going up or down, I wanna lift it up to see if something's jamming the motor. Is it just a few bolts on the floor?

If it's like the 99 to 04, it's two bolts in front with two screws. Therevare welded screws to the frame with two bolts in the rear.

The Sicilian
Sep 3, 2006

by Smythe

kalvick posted:

Doing the final cleanings on the wheels and testing the new trickle charger before putting her away for the season.

and just for you guys....

You have to acknowledge this is the most underwhelming side profile shot of a "sporty" car ever before posted.

My old dentist in Chicago has a mustang of similar vintage and babied condition, he speaks of it in hushed tones, once telling me he painted his garage windows black to, "stop those neighborhood kids from trying to get a look.... or worse."

Of his 2002 Mustang GT.

Dr. Hopf is that you?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

The Sicilian posted:

You have to acknowledge this is the most underwhelming side profile shot of a "sporty" car ever before posted.

My old dentist in Chicago has a mustang of similar vintage and babied condition, he speaks of it in hushed tones, once telling me he painted his garage windows black to, "stop those neighborhood kids from trying to get a look.... or worse."

Of his 2002 Mustang GT.

Dr. Hopf is that you?
:getout:

This happened to my car when it got towed for a flat tire the other day:

Dude didn't use ramps at all the first attempt and it scraped the hell out of the exhaust. Then he gets out, gets little ramps from the front seat and of course makes it up no problem. Started a claim with insurance but cancelled it after seeing it was pretty minor. I pounded it back in with a hammer and re-tightened the clamp and its mostly the back to normal. I dont think its a 100% seal atm but I dont care because the driving season is almost over.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

:pervert:Zoom Zoom, motherfuckers:pervert:

THE BLACK NINJA posted:

Just came here to say a co worker just gave me a parking lot rundown on his new gt350 with track pack and I have so much want. The swept area of the brakes is probably quantified in square feet. The flat plane V8.... Yes.

I drove one last weekend. I think that might have been a very expensive thing to do...

kalvick
Jun 5, 2001

The Sicilian posted:

......once telling me he painted his garage windows black to, "stop those neighborhood kids from trying to get a look.... or worse.

Painting the windows black to stop UV light from hitting the car is a good idea! HAHA!!!

Cage posted:

Dude didn't use ramps at all the first attempt and it scraped the hell out of the exhaust. Then he gets out, gets little ramps from the front seat and of course makes it up no problem.

with the exhaust issues you had dealt with in the past I am glad everything worked out. if its just scratches on the bottom I wouldn't worry about it either. Are you gonna start running with a donut now? I mean in your trunk at all times?

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org
I have a donut, but it was raining and tows are free. Of course I regret it now but at the time it seemed like a no brainer.

Drove to work today, car is noticeably louder than what it used to be but I don't care. I think over the winter break I might find someone to hollow out my oem midpipe and then put that back on next year. That will make inspections so much easier and if I have exhaust issues in the future I will be able to bring it to a shop. No shop in NY will touch an exhaust that doesn't have a CARB stamp, and the ones that will you probably don't want to touch your car.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I drove one last weekend. I think that might have been a very expensive thing to do...

Doooo itttttttttttttt!

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

Gwaihir posted:

Doooo itttttttttttttt!

Should have an update on Monday.

THE BLACK NINJA
Mar 9, 2010
FWIW, the guy at my office got his for MSRP. Black roof and track pack were the only options. It took him about four months of dicking around with the dealer, and eventually he had to use some kind of car buyer to get it at MSRP. They originally wanted 18k over the 57k MSRP for that exact one. Its orange and it looks great. 2016 model.

Also, he told me about a recall for an oil line connection and that the ford bulletin says all cars have to be pulled from dealer lots and stored off site (ie not visible on dealership property) until the things are all fixed. So IDK if you will be able to get your hands on one, good luck though, and make sure it has the recall work done. That could mean a temporary surge in supply once the cars are fixed, so potential opportunity there to keep yours eyes out for...

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I just bought a 2017 gt in lightning blue. Coming from a 2007 v6, new car is fun.

Cage
Jul 17, 2003
www.revivethedrive.org

Sir Lucius posted:

I just bought a 2017 gt in lightning blue. Coming from a 2007 v6, new car is fun.
No one believes you.

(Post pictures)

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

My '16 GT in Guard is jealous.

Did you get CA special? Please say you did.

Post pics now, dammit.

And yeah, coming from a pre-'11 V6 is a *tiny* bit of a jump. S550s are amazing.

Dick Burglar
Mar 6, 2006
So does Lightning Blue actually look different from Deep Impact Blue? I didn't realize they got rid of DIB.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Dick Burglar posted:

So does Lightning Blue actually look different from Deep Impact Blue? I didn't realize they got rid of DIB.
It does, yes. I don't love it in person quite as much as I did in pictures, but its still quite perdy. I'd pick it over guard if I was buying today. Its brighter than DIB (IIRC) and doesn't have the purple tint DIB does.

Sir Lucius
Aug 3, 2003
I'll get some more pictures tomorrow, these are just some quick ones I took before I drove it off the lot.

No CA special. This is the 300A trim. I actually like the simple base stuff more. Got automatic since I was tired of driving manual in the traffic around here. Plus the paddle shifters are kind of neat.

ilkhan
Oct 7, 2004

Sir Lucius posted:

Got automatic
DOWN WITH THE HERETIC!

(nice job)
Added to the spreadsheet.

Pr0kjayhawk
Nov 30, 2002

I did a thing today.

I'll make a thread for it this weekend. This thing is absolutely incredible though. It's my first American car and it managed to pull me away from the Porsche/BMW world.

Gwaihir
Dec 8, 2009
Hair Elf
Aww yisssss.

(Seen here in it's natural habitat...)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cocoa Crispies
Jul 20, 2001

Vehicular Manslaughter!

Pillbug

Pr0kjayhawk posted:

I did a thing today.

I'll make a thread for it this weekend. This thing is absolutely incredible though. It's my first American car and it managed to pull me away from the Porsche/BMW world.

Race Red is easily the best color too.