Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Scaly Haylie

Moola posted:

holy poo poo don't buy a ps4scrub brand new

don't!!!

I'm getting a slim, and quite honestly I don't know if I can trust a used console. Never bought one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

Hi, unless you have a 4K tv already lined up a regular PS4 slim is probably fine, and it is a good cool console. Enjoy your fun video games.

Speaking of fun video games I got drunk and bought shenzen i/o due to this thread and it is a lot of fun when you don't read the manual.

Ride The Gravitron

by FactsAreUseless

Lizard Wizard posted:

I'm getting a slim, and quite honestly I don't know if I can trust a used console. Never bought one.

I got my ps4 at a pawn shop about 2 years ago. Still running fine.

FAT32 SHAMER

that Shenzhen game is way too close to my irl job for me to ever want to play it lol

it looks cool tho, maybe if I change from embedded to something else I'll play it

Rockman Reserve

i wish i got to do cool embedded s*** for my job but its all terrible web applications and awful awful release processes as far as the eye can seeeeeee

unfortunately my grocery store did not have a suitably beige 3 ring binder to store my SHENZHEN LONGTENG TECHNICAL DOCUMENT ORGANIZER so the search continues, on that front

is it actually close at all to real assembly work? i haven't done any since college and while i have a ton of random microprocessors sitting around i just flash them with whatever instead of actually doing cool assembly coding stuff

FAT32 SHAMER

food court bailiff posted:

i wish i got to do cool embedded s*** for my job but its all terrible web applications and awful awful release processes as far as the eye can seeeeeee

unfortunately my grocery store did not have a suitably beige 3 ring binder to store my SHENZHEN LONGTENG TECHNICAL DOCUMENT ORGANIZER so the search continues, on that front

is it actually close at all to real assembly work? i haven't done any since college and while i have a ton of random microprocessors sitting around i just flash them with whatever instead of actually doing cool assembly coding stuff

it's not like exact obviously but it's close enough that it triggers me

but yeah embedded is fun because you beep boop then flash your board and bam there's a big old ASCII penis in your LED group

Scaly Haylie

lego worlds is $15 so that's what i spent my steam wallet bucks on.

MrWillsauce

got addicted to Crawl again. I don't even like it that much why can't I stop

Maybe I need to 15 rune it so I can move on, like the crawl diary guy. Maybe I need to jizz on more stuff too...

Lawrence Gilchrist

whats a good way to find out if ill like overwatch w/o buying it first

tubbsthumping

i chow down
and i get up again

FAT32 SHAMER

buy it and embrace it

Lawrence Gilchrist

funny Star Wars parody posted:

buy it and embrace it

im scared

tubbsthumping

i chow down
and i get up again

Lawrence Gilchrist

also i cant find any thread about it in games

tubbsthumping

i chow down
and i get up again

Historical Wizards

Lawrence Gilchrist posted:

also i cant find any thread about it in games

Should be in the Blizzard sub

Many thanks Social Vegan for the wonderful av, and Fanky Malloons for the sig

Lawrence Gilchrist

Historical Wizards posted:

Should be in the Blizzard sub

thanks. i didnt know blizzard made it so i didnt go there

tubbsthumping

i chow down
and i get up again

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

watch some videos and gameplay stuff? rent it for a console?

FAT32 SHAMER

can you rent it for console? i thought it's tied to your bnet even there

Shugojin

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

I'm being bad at stellaris

I seem to be at a point where I need to just pick fights and it's booooriiiiing

Lawrence Gilchrist

stellaris made me fall out of love with 4x

tubbsthumping

i chow down
and i get up again

Scaly Haylie

whats a good way to find out if ill like overwatch w/o buying it first

Do you like TF2

joke_explainer

Lizard Wizard posted:

Do you like TF2

drilldo squirt

a beautiful, soft meat sack

stellaris made me fall out of love with 4x

I liked it. :smith:

----------------

Zorodius

EA GAMES' MASTERPIECE 'MADDEN 2018 G.O.A.T. EDITION' IS A GLORIOUS TRIUMPH OF ART AND TECHNOLOGY. IT BRINGS GAMEDAY RIGHT TO THE PLAYER AND WHOEVER SAYS OTHERWISE CAN, YOU GUESSED IT...
SUCK THE SHIT STRAIGHT OUT OF MY OWN ASSHOLE.

BUY IT.
I don't understand these so-called "video" games. What's wrong with Fetch or Catch or Choke?

Shugojin

THE TAIL THAT BURNS TWICE AS BRIGHT...

me too

i'm just bad at it

Lawrence Gilchrist

I haven't played tf2 in many years so I can't remember if it was good without my old buddies playing with me. Where's the best place to buy overwatch for pc

vanisher

I haven't played tf2 in many years so I can't remember if it was good without my old buddies playing with me. Where's the best place to buy overwatch for pc

I use IsThereAnyDeal.com often because I'm cheap.

Also I tend to play a lot of older games and they go on sale often

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

They Might Be

Does anyone play Asherons Call? It's a pretty drat byob game.

My character, A Skeleton War Mage / Summoner named The Baron, hanging out at his mountain cottage.

And the view into the valley it overlooks.

Lawrence Gilchrist

I used the much koku cheat to fill the valley with spear ashigaru. My men are tired so it will be a while before they make it up the hill.

vanisher

They Might Be posted:

Does anyone play Asherons Call? It's a pretty drat byob game.
I played Wurm Online back in the day. There was a good time sink.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Homestar Runner

This is the best videogame
I have ever played!
I got Uncharted 4 for sale and my impressions are that this is a game that lacks the self-awareness to realise it's supposed to be, y'know, a game

I'm up to Madagascar chapter which is okayish at best, and yet somehow the best level in the game by default, because you're not spending hours doing "epic" climbing and triggering one pre-scripted sequence after another

Also for a game about finding treasure, there is essentially no incentive to y'know, actually find treasure. They're meaningless tokens, at best. Even the way they're organised in your "inventory" is a total afterthought

Each area is super linear and there is very little of interest to actually explore

The controls are slow and the cover system is :laffo:

It's a title that puts one half of its eggs into the characters, who I don't find particularly compelling on any level, and the other half into pretty graphics

The puzzles are mostly gifted to you and the way action buttons are setup essentially removes any sense of player skill

In conclusion, buy Ratchet & Clank or something

joke_explainer

Wow, thanks for the review. I've never tried the series but people have talked it up constantly.

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

did you play the earlier games? because everything you listed is just, like, how the series is.

Homestar Runner

I have ever played!
It's very, very impressive visually. If you buy into the characters and their backstories, then you're likely to enjoy their interactions and the cutscenes are nicely done.

Personally, I don't find any of the characters especially interesting. They're also not particularly believable, because you spend a whole bunch of time shooting up enemy rogue traders and yet everybody in your party is very chipper in their dialogue and totally removed from the gravity of what they're doing in order to chase down shiny trinkets.

The biggest issue, though, is that I don't see any incentive to care about finding any trinkets. Very rarely do you stumble upon a hidden cave or secret area and when you do, they're almost always a small, claustrophobic, singular room. In a nutshell, you'll find the treasure somewhere in the room, and then you leave.

Strip away the pretty layers and you're left with a grindy climbing simulator that relies heavily on mediocre auto-aim combat and pre-scripted action sequences that become redundant real fast.

Homestar Runner

I have ever played!

Awesome! posted:

did you play the earlier games? because everything you listed is just, like, how the series is.

I played through Uncharted 2; the storyline was tighter, the setpieces and action sequences had greater variety, and the treasure hunting wasn't quite so grindy and redundant. It's an okay game.

Uncharted 4 has some excellent visual touches, but it doesn't develop anything gameplay-wise. As a game, it actually feels really dated at this point.

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms
is tomb raider any better?

drilldo squirt

I'm pretty sure banished is the most chill game in history and I can't stop playing it.

----------------

Ahundredbux

The right to bear arms

drilldo squirt posted:

I'm pretty sure banished is the most chill game in history and I can't stop playing it.

yeah it's real chill when all your villagers freeze and starve to death :rolleyes:

Commie NedFlanders

um.....

battlefield 1

☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭
Love God, Love Thy Neighbor
☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭☭

Moola
all the Uncharted games are really cool and good

apart from 3

drilldo squirt

Ahundredbux posted:

yeah it's real chill when all your villagers freeze and starve to death :rolleyes:

Get good, scrub.

----------------

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Rockman Reserve

i tried out that star fox guard tower defense game last night, that might be the most un-chill game in history