Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

good lord

you all now have to read my fuckin' wall of posts

here are my conclusions-
glowku has soft-claimed something all right
jimson's slip is quite bad. while he eventually backed out of it, i would feel dumb if a blatant scumslip went untested. ##vote jimson
betting is dumb and if i may editorialize, should be banned from mafia, but glowku's post about 'betting my life' is not a loving mafia bet you goddamn idiots
izzhov's attempt to set up a chain is also anti-town.
i'm going to give mr f! a pass for today given that he was willing to actually put his name to a full case, even if it was taken apart a bit later.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

make a case bithc

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Captain Foo posted:

i generally agree with you but D1 is such a fuckin crapshoot in my experience

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6hRlTfwh3XM

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

:whatup:

anyway, i'm going to watch football. back later

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.
Now that the whole betting fiasco is mostly cleared up, and we're back to casing, I'd like to take this opportunity to expand on the case against Mr. F, as they're my strongest gut scum read right now. People have already covered his weird Jimson/Infinitum stuff pretty thoroughly, but I actually find his posts from before that even more suspicious. For example:

Mr. F! posted:

Wow a lot of people are shoe horning in how towny they are in their confirmation posts. That's weird.

In context, this post is scummy as poo poo. Not only does he cast a generic aspersion without committing to accusing anyone of anything (the most classic of scum strats), but he does it at a time that's pretty firmly joke phase. Taking the game seriously during joke phase is a classic scum behavior. Overall, this post absolutely reeks of "I'm totally contibuting you guys!"

Mr. F! posted:

TQ what have you got to say for yourself?

At a time when people are attacking TQ. This is the most blend-in-est thing that anyone has ever posted. Not to mention he immediately follows it up with

Mr. F! posted:

I think TQ is not scum

I.e. completely backing down on his hard-hitting journalism with absolutely no explanation.

Then we get to the whole "vote Jimson not Infinitum" case. This kind of contradicts my lovely non-contributing player read on him... to the extent that I think he might have been coached to make this case in doc. It's such a dramatic shift from lovely white-noise scummy posts to an actual case that it almost doesn't seem like the same person posting. Not to mention what other people have pointed out - that this almost seemed engineered to take the heat off Infi.

##vote Mr. F

JimsonTheBetrayer
Oct 13, 2010

Game's over, and fuck you Jimson. It's not my fault that you guys couldn't get your shit together by deadline. No one gets access to docs because I don't fucking care anymore, I hope you all enjoyed ruining my game, and there won't be another.
##vote infinitum
Forgot to put my vote back. I think we all know what the right answer is.

Anyone that thinks what I said was honestly a scum slip is probably scum themselves. I am gonna be away from this game most of the day. I'll be checking everyonce in a while but I feel safe with this vote.

Has anyone found my breadcrumb yet?

Juchero
Feb 15, 2008

Wedge Regret
yeah I'm gonna have to go with ##vote infinitum because I don't know if I'll be around to check in until late tomorrow at the earliest and I might forget to vote if I don't do it now

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

:pcgaming: :pcgaming: :pcgaming:

JimsonTheBetrayer posted:

##vote infinitum
Forgot to put my vote back. I think we all know what the right answer is.

Anyone that thinks what I said was honestly a scum slip is probably scum themselves. I am gonna be away from this game most of the day. I'll be checking everyonce in a while but I feel safe with this vote.

Has anyone found my breadcrumb yet?

gently caress you I even went back to read all your posts and I swear to God if what I found is the breadcrumb I'm voting only you until one of us is dead

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Cancel that it's not what I thought it was. There's only one post it could be, and if you aren't lying it's probably worth keeping you alive

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Izzhov posted:

Now that the whole betting fiasco is mostly cleared up, and we're back to casing, I'd like to take this opportunity to expand on the case against Mr. F, as they're my strongest gut scum read right now. People have already covered his weird Jimson/Infinitum stuff pretty thoroughly, but I actually find his posts from before that even more suspicious. For example:

In context, this post is scummy as poo poo. Not only does he cast a generic aspersion without committing to accusing anyone of anything (the most classic of scum strats), but he does it at a time that's pretty firmly joke phase. Taking the game seriously during joke phase is a classic scum behavior. Overall, this post absolutely reeks of "I'm totally contibuting you guys!"

At a time when people are attacking TQ. This is the most blend-in-est thing that anyone has ever posted. Not to mention he immediately follows it up with

I.e. completely backing down on his hard-hitting journalism with absolutely no explanation.

Then we get to the whole "vote Jimson not Infinitum" case. This kind of contradicts my lovely non-contributing player read on him... to the extent that I think he might have been coached to make this case in doc. It's such a dramatic shift from lovely white-noise scummy posts to an actual case that it almost doesn't seem like the same person posting. Not to mention what other people have pointed out - that this almost seemed engineered to take the heat off Infi.

##vote Mr. F

Lo lol

Cactus Ghost
Dec 20, 2003

you can actually inflate your scrote pretty safely with sterile saline, syringes, needles, and aseptic technique. its a niche kink iirc

the saline just slowly gets absorbed into your blood but in the meantime you got a big round smooth distended nutsack

jesus christ this is moving fast. I'm having a hard time reading everything let alone contributing. I'm back on page 23.

##unvote even though kashuno's bragging about using the ignore list is dumb

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.
I'm gonna be phonebound for awhile.

The person you were casing potentially made a scumslip, how is it that you hardly have anything to say about that?

Mr. F!
Sep 21, 2016

Murmur Twin posted:

I'm gonna be phonebound for awhile.

The person you were casing potentially made a scumslip, how is it that you hardly have anything to say about that?

What more do I need to say about it? It speaks for itself

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
I don't get why both of you (Glowku/Jimson) are being so obvious about breadcrumbing this early on in the game, so earnestly considering the relative lack of info save for your initial N0/D1 powers. Glowku I suppose because you've said you specifically need shine? For Jimson I can't see any reason other than deflecting from the bandwagon.

Murmur Twin
Feb 11, 2003

An ever-honest pacifist with no mind for tricks.

Mr. F! posted:

What more do I need to say about it? It speaks for itself

My point is that you had this to say before the scumslip:

quote:

Here we have Jimsons entry to the game:

LOL, I'M TOWN, seriously guys townie is posting here.

Next we have Jimsons first serious vote of the game:

This was a serious vote; a serious suspicion. Originally I thought he was joking but then he follows up with his thoughts on the vote:

TQ was picking up steam in this time period, so Jimson wanted to plant a stake in that lynch. Something he could go back on. But then momentum begins to build on inifinitum, so Jimson makes the following post. The above post and the post below follow on another exactly. Jimson posts nothing between them.

See how he unvotes TQ here, while shifting to infinitum, who was picking up votes, but not immediately jumping on the bandwagon. Jimson wants to set up his suspicions of Infinitum. He cant just immediately jump onto the lynch. That would look bad.

Further needling of infinitum.

Further needling of infinitum. It's piling on without voting.

This post reminds me of his entry to the game. Wherein he felt the need to remark on his town alignment.

But I thought you were seriously suspicious of TQ and Infinitum being on a team? Has TQ's original "scummy" post that you were jumping on now no longer scummy?

Decides to vote for a gut case over the many suspicions he's voiced over the course of the game. This makes me think those suspicions were probably not ones he truly believed.

You seemed sure that Jimson was scum before he made that scumslip and went through a lot of effort to convince people you were right. To me, the normal town reaction to having your strongest scum suspect do something like that would be to want to case him more and convince people that your initial read is correct.

Your silence here makes me think you're trying to fade into the background now that there's other momentum on Jimson, and I find it suspicious.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe
Newish player here: What does cuddling mean? Google search didn't help me.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Drunk Nerds posted:

Google search didn't help me.

BECAUSE IT'S 1930!!
LOLOL... STILL IN CHARACTER

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Some pansies don't like the word lynch. So they say lunch or cuddle. Basically don't be like them, lynch the weak

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
##vote JimsonTheBetrayer - if his scumslip was genuine we can reasonably assume Mr. F! is scum as well

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

Stop trying to set up garbage chain lynches

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Jonathan Fisk posted:

Stop telling people what to do
i say Jimson, Mr. Fukkboi, and then Jonathan

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I am agreeing with this post.

Captain Foo
May 11, 2004

we vibin'
we slidin'
we breathin'
we dyin'

Mayor Glowku posted:

Cancel that it's not what I thought it was. There's only one post it could be, and if you aren't lying it's probably worth keeping you alive

that was not my reaction

Mayor Glowku
Jul 29, 2012

Captain Foo posted:

that was not my reaction

I don't care

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Max posted:

I am agreeing with this post.

i feel like you haven't done much else.

Max
Nov 30, 2002

Max posted:

I mentioned it earlier in the thread but I have family visiting so I'm paring down my posting rather extremely to just hot takes this weekend.

votefinder
Jul 6, 2010

scoop scoop
:beerpal: Votecount for Day 1 :beerpal:

Infinitum (9): JimsonTheBetrayer, this is a stickup, this is a stickup, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, Somberbrero, JimsonTheBetrayer, BottleKnight, CapitalistPig, King Burgundy, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, this is a stickup, Kashuno, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, Murmur Twin, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Absurd Revolver
JimsonTheBetrayer (7): Izzhov, Izzhov, Moatillata, Moatillata, this is a stickup, Infinitum, this is a stickup, Tobbs Gnawed, tpink, Infinitum, Mr. F!, Kashuno, DickBastardly, Truth Quark, Drunk Nerds, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Izzhov, zimbomonkey, got some chores tonight, zimbomonkey, DickBastardly, Drunk Nerds, Tobbs Gnawed, Izzhov, Captain Foo, DrJeckyllTobacco
Kashuno (2): dongsbot9000, Truth Quark, TMMadman, OMGVBFLOL, JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, Izzhov, DickBastardly, JimsonTheBetrayer, Truth Quark, Truth Quark, JimsonTheBetrayer, Izzhov, DickBastardly, Truth Quark, OMGVBFLOL
zimbomonkey (2): Jonathan Fisk, got some chores tonight, got some chores tonight, Infinitum, Infinitum, Infinitum, Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed
this is a stickup (1): Max
Mr. F! (1): Izzhov
dongsbot9000 (1): JimsonTheBetrayer, JimsonTheBetrayer, PALE SPECTRES
Izzhov (1): Tobbs Gnawed
Murmur Twin (1): Moatillata
Tobbs Gnawed (0): Truth Quark, BottleKnight, Truth Quark, Max, Max, BottleKnight
BottleKnight (0): Izzhov, Izzhov
Lynch No One! (0): JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight, JimsonTheBetrayer, got some chores tonight
Somberbrero (0): Infinitum, Max, Max, Infinitum
DickBastardly (0): this is a stickup, this is a stickup
Truth Quark (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Kashuno, Kashuno, Mayor Glowku, Infinitum, JimsonTheBetrayer, Kashuno, JimsonTheBetrayer, Infinitum
Moatillata (0): Tobbs Gnawed, Tobbs Gnawed, Murmur Twin, Murmur Twin

Not Voting (8): Anomalous Amalgam, Drunk Nerds, Jimmy Hats, Kashuno, OMGVBFLOL, Quidthulhu, The Lord of Hats, zimbomonkey :rubshands:

With 33 people still alive, it takes 17 votes to lynch.
The current deadline is October 24th, 2016 at 8 p.m. EDT -- that's in about 1 day.

Further down the parade route, a speakeasy decided it would be a grand idea to offer everyone a free shot of Shine on the house. For many people, that was the first time they had ever tasted the mysterious drink - or experienced its unpredictable effects.

Months later, people still talk about the clown that gladly took the offered drink, only to dissolve into a cloud of cotton candy-smelling smoke that dissipated into nothingness. He never reappeared.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Mayor Glowku posted:

Some pansies don't like the word lynch. So they say lunch or cuddle. Basically don't be like them, lynch the weak

By the by, I definitely have no suss with using the word "lynch." But, in this specific situation (A southern U.S. town in the first half of the twentieth century) I could see how it might go over like year-old mayonnaise.

Thanks for your answer, suge!

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

i feel there's been a strangely high number of people calling others town as opposed to what we're supposed to be doing here.

Somberbrero
Feb 14, 2009

ꜱʜʀɪᴍᴘ?

Mayor Glowku posted:

wow what a butthole.

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!
Every time i look at this game there are 300 more posts i am not going to read.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

CapitalistPig posted:

Every time i look at this game there are 300 more posts i am not going to read.

Ok

##vote CPig

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

honk honk whats for lunch...

Izzhov posted:

I just didn't see any other reason why he would assert so hard/with so much confidence that Jimson was scum that he was willing to lay down his mafia life for it, and not back down even after a lot of people claimed he was joking (which, again, he literally said "gently caress you" to someone who said he was joking). I was further emboldened when chores (who had the game-winning read in Shine I) backed me up on it.

how do u know who i am

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Izzhov posted:

I was town in Shine 1 >_>

not in this 1 lol

CapitalistPig
Nov 3, 2005

A Winner is you!

Infinitum posted:

Ok

##vote CPig

lol look at this scum.

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i dont look for crumbs can someone just tell me what bullshit ppl are claiming its just anti-town to say HEY I CRUMBED cuz scum always waste the time looking but town cant be assed too

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

got some chores tonight posted:

how do u know who i am

I'm a genius.

(I was looking at Shine 1 for reference and saw who you were in that.)

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I love you chores :)

But yeah, if you're town and you think someone might be a cop, what is your thought process?

"I think it would be super helpful to share this with town, as it's very important that everyone know who our potential cops are! Yay I am good town!!!"

No.

No no no.

The only players who MIGHT do this are scum, because they forget that if they think someone might be a cop, it is ESSENTIAL to keep those suspicions to their GODDAMN SELVES because scum's job is to find cops and KILL THEM.

i didnt think he was a cop toby i was just too lazy to type that

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

On that note, I see that you're right, chores did do the same thing.

Guys, tell me if I'm wrong here.

If you get an N0 or D1 cop, or are a cop, and you have a positive investigation result, is proper play not to IMMEDIATELY HARDCLAIM IT???

What are you going to do, strike gold a second time before you die? No, probably not.

Come on guys.

At least now I know why chores isn't making GBS threads up the thread. Two big names carved into scum mountain.

im tired toby

im playing a game i hate w/ ppl that hate me like genuinely hate me b/c they think im an rear end in a top hat which is prolly true

maybe i can stop being a shithead for a lil bit and ppl will like me again iunno vOv

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

Izzhov posted:

I'm a genius.

(I was looking at Shine 1 for reference and saw who you were in that.)

at first i figured it was a scumtell and some1 clued u in in scumdoc but it is true you seem to have reviewed shine 1 prior to showing up again

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

got some chores tonight
Feb 18, 2012

i was reviewing too and i had hella sick jokes that actually all appeared to be anti-semitic comments i hope u werent offended

• Locked thread