Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

This is a stretch imo

*sidestep into jokephase*

izzhov did ask MMT, she who will never be trusted in Shine games, for backup on her case.

*real talk*

Izzhov is, for no other reason than GLOWKU'S INSISTENCE, saying that we lynch Jimson, only so that we can get a 2-for-1 deal.

There's not really much more discussion on Jimson's scumminess, that's why if Jimson flips town Izzhov says we immediately flip Glowku the next day, because nothing else is relevant.

That...is horrendously scummy. Maybe when you're approaching LYLO a strategy like that could be feasible, but in a 33-man on D1 it's the absolute scummiest perspective a player could have for lynching strategy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Where the hell is my SWORD?
Grimey Drawer
I think it's horrible, sure, but scummy? Idk.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Kashuno posted:

It's true, I've made some pretty terrible arguments as town. At the risk of agreeing with MMT, Quid did probably roll scum this game which should be a lot of fun to see. His opening post is practically identical to the last League game where he was the 3P serial killer.

DrAlexanderTobacco
Jun 11, 2012

Help me find my true dharma
Re: Zimbo's posts, he made exactly the same sort of posts in his last (first?) game he played - and he was pretty much spot on in the scum he picked out. He just likes to explain very clearly I think.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

DickBastardly posted:

poo poo, the town Infi I know said it's hard to be anything but a lazy assjackal D1. You, as town infi, admitted to being a lazy assjackal D1 in another game and are basing your case on the fact that a player is being a lazy assjackal this game.... consistent much?

Doesn't read my post before my case outlining non-assjackal play.

Calls me lazy.

Is pushing a dialogue that fits his narrative instead.

Is non-town aligned player Dickbastardly.

DrJeckyllTobacco posted:

Re: Zimbo's posts, he made exactly the same sort of posts in his last (first?) game he played - and he was pretty much spot on in the scum he picked out. He just likes to explain very clearly I think.

Wish I had a fairy scum father looking out for me with meta reads based on past play.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Infinitum posted:

Calls me lazy.

Wish I had a fairy scum father looking out for me with meta reads based on past play.

Uhhhh, I'm not a fairy or your scum daddy but I'm not feeling a finny vote this game. We were town in the last game we played together and we crushed it and I'm pretty sure this is the same Infinitum. There was pressure on you there, and I pushed it off you then.

A looooooot of my reads are meta, and while it gets me strung up like 90% of the time, I'm rarely wrong. This is town Infinitum. If saying that gets me lynched, well, at least I'm vanilla!

Just don't agree with me on anything it gives me the willies.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I agree with you that I am town Inf

Want to touch my willy now?

Dick Bastardly
Aug 22, 2012

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Infinitum posted:

Look. Look at this post.

You don't research players.
You case them.

You research them if you're planning on pinning something on them tho.

I thought Tobbs had voted Jim after the "scum slip" which is why I made my first point, which I admitted was not a good one after he corrected the fallacy of my statement, which I'm glad he did. My second point about my perception of Kash's point is still valid. I was sure Tobbs had voted Jim after the "scum slip", but indeed I was mistaken, take that how you will, it was just an honest mistake. Trust me, I know how honest mistakse can generate a lot of heat, which is why I unvoted Jim after his emotionally charged effort post in his defense... which I'm still not sure wasn't just some play at my psyche. One thing I know about Jim from playing with him on his scum team is that he knows how to play the player, and he knows how to wriggle himself out of the heat. I'm a little suss of him tbh.

Infinitum posted:

Calls me lazy.

I didn't call you lazy this game. I said you admitted to lazy play on D1 as your MO (in another game you said this). I'm not sure what dialog I missed, and maybe I'm tunneling. I think I have a problem doing that when I'm town, i don't know.

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Kashuno posted:

This is the flagpole I'm currently saluting. It seems... excessively bold to go for a scum to go for a chain lynch right out of the gate? Correct me if I'm diving for pearls in an outhouse.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Drunk Nerds posted:

This is the flagpole I'm currently saluting. It seems... excessively bold to go for a scum to go for a chain lynch right out of the gate? Correct me if I'm diving for pearls in an outhouse.

Nah I agree with you

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

I'm not ready to vote infi, but I must say there's something that feels a bit off about how he approached agreeing with me wrt zimbo

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

got some chores tonight posted:

k i dont want to vote w/ infi so maybe i dont like zimb ne more

Jonathan Fisk posted:

I'm not ready to vote infi, but I must say there's something that feels a bit off about how he approached agreeing with me wrt zimbo

lol

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Methinks Zimbo is a good bet for the lynch today me lads.

t a s t e
Sep 6, 2010

No doubt but I wouldn't mind someone day vigging you

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Jonathan Fisk posted:

No doubt but I wouldn't mind someone day vigging you

Wow ok.

My birthday wish is for someone to dayvig zimbomonkey

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I don't know Jimson or glowku's alignment, but izzhov is advocating a scenario that "guarantees" a lynch of glowku if jimson is town.

Unless glowku had a N0 cop (which was not claimed) glowku does not know Jimson's alignment.

IF glowku had a N0 cop, THEN glowku would have claimed it, because he would have no reason not to.

THEREFORE izzhov is advocating a blind lynch of one party based on a blind lynch of another party and saying it is the best case scenario.

If Izzhof CANNOT know that it's the best case scenario for town, Izzhov MUST know that BOTH Jimson and Glowku are not of Izzhov's alignment.

THEREFORE, izzhov is SCUM.

##vote izzhov

The only flaw with this argument is that I did (and do) think Glowku was soft-claiming N0 (or perhaps D1) cop, just like chores said earlier. That's why I dismissed counterarguments based on setup spec (since setup spec isn't as strong as a role claim), as well as counterarguments that Glowku's just not being sincere (and hell, Glowku himself even directly responded to someone claiming he was insincere with - and I quote - "gently caress you"!).

People who think Glowku's being insincere - what would he have to say for you to no longer doubt his sincerity? Nothing less than a blatant full roleclaim?

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Izzhov posted:

The only flaw with this argument is that I did (and do) think Glowku was soft-claiming N0 (or perhaps D1) cop, just like chores said earlier. That's why I dismissed counterarguments based on setup spec (since setup spec isn't as strong as a role claim), as well as counterarguments that Glowku's just not being sincere (and hell, Glowku himself even directly responded to someone claiming he was insincere with - and I quote - "gently caress you"!).

People who think Glowku's being insincere - what would he have to say for you to no longer doubt his sincerity? Nothing less than a blatant full roleclaim?

I just didn't think he was being very serious about his "I bet my life" statement, more of a joke. So I thought it odd that someone would take that ball and run with it

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Drunk Nerds posted:

I just didn't think he was being very serious about his "I bet my life" statement, more of a joke. So I thought it odd that someone would take that ball and run with it

Fine, but in that case you should answer the question at the end of the post you just quoted.

I'm basing my own vote on the fact that in every past Mafia game I've played where this situation has come up, going along with the claimer, then using the flip to inform our next action, has always ended up being the optimal play.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

Because if he unequivocally had a scum result he could just claim it he can just claim it and start the game off on the right foot. He doesn't, there was no N0, and that's where we are.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

Because if he unequivocally had a scum result he could just claim it he can just claim it and start the game off on the right foot. He doesn't, there was no N0, and that's where we are.

I interpreted his bet as a (soft) role claim (which I'd assumed he was flavor-breadcrumbing with all the gambling posts he made earlier), but ok. We'll wait to see what he says when he returns to the thread.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer
how is a gambler a cop

Drunk Nerds
Jan 25, 2011

Just close your eyes
Fun Shoe

Izzhov posted:

I interpreted his bet as a (soft) role claim (which I'd assumed he was flavor-breadcrumbing with all the gambling posts he made earlier), but ok. We'll wait to see what he says when he returns to the thread.

Has anyone played a game where you had a choice in doing an action night 0? Seems kinda Unfun to run the possibility that the game hasn't started for players, but that already one of them has been outed due to N0 stuff? I don't know though, this whole N0 concept is new to me

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

how is a gambler a cop

Flavor spec is literally the most useless possible line of discussion, but I'll take a stab: a good gambler has a knack for reading people.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Drunk Nerds posted:

Has anyone played a game where you had a choice in doing an action night 0? Seems kinda Unfun to run the possibility that the game hasn't started for players, but that already one of them has been outed due to N0 stuff? I don't know though, this whole N0 concept is new to me

I've never played a game with a night 0. But: day actions are a thing too, and were actually very prominent in Shine I.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

Flavor spec is literally the most useless possible line of discussion

Izzhov posted:

which I'd assumed he was flavor-breadcrumbing with all the gambling posts he made earlier

?????????????????

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Kashuno posted:

?????????????????

Well, the main point of breadcrumbing if you're a cop is so that people can go back through your posts after you've left the game to figure out what your reads were, so presumably by that point flavor questions about your role wouldn't be an issue.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Mayor Glowku posted:

Joke phase is over. I just have a very fun power for once

Glowku is not a cop. He is a gambler and has some kind of shine power that's related to betting (or at least that's his claim).

Why are you (Izzhov) clinging to the assertion that he soft-claimed cop?

Even if that were true (which sounds extremely unlikely), sharing that conclusion openly and unabashedly with practically zero pressure on yourself is, like, climbing scum mountain and carving your name into it.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Glowku is not a cop. He is a gambler and has some kind of shine power that's related to betting (or at least that's his claim).

Why are you (Izzhov) clinging to the assertion that he soft-claimed cop?

Even if that were true (which sounds extremely unlikely), sharing that conclusion openly and unabashedly with practically zero pressure on yourself is, like, climbing scum mountain and carving your name into it.

I just didn't see any other reason why he would assert so hard/with so much confidence that Jimson was scum that he was willing to lay down his mafia life for it, and not back down even after a lot of people claimed he was joking (which, again, he literally said "gently caress you" to someone who said he was joking). I was further emboldened when chores (who had the game-winning read in Shine I) backed me up on it.

Kashuno
Oct 9, 2012

Grimey Drawer

Izzhov posted:

I just didn't see any other reason why he would assert so hard/with so much confidence that Jimson was scum that he was willing to lay down his mafia life for it, and not back down even after a lot of people claimed he was joking (which, again, he literally said "gently caress you" to someone who said he was joking). I was further emboldened when chores (who had the game-winning read in Shine I) backed me up on it.

lmao glowku trolling you so hard it's amazing

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Wanna hear more from people with sub-20 posts

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

got some chores tonight posted:

glowku is soft claiming cop is the reason

On that note, I see that you're right, chores did do the same thing.

Guys, tell me if I'm wrong here.

If you get an N0 or D1 cop, or are a cop, and you have a positive investigation result, is proper play not to IMMEDIATELY HARDCLAIM IT???

What are you going to do, strike gold a second time before you die? No, probably not.

Come on guys.

At least now I know why chores isn't making GBS threads up the thread. Two big names carved into scum mountain.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
I love you chores :)

But yeah, if you're town and you think someone might be a cop, what is your thought process?

"I think it would be super helpful to share this with town, as it's very important that everyone know who our potential cops are! Yay I am good town!!!"

No.

No no no.

The only players who MIGHT do this are scum, because they forget that if they think someone might be a cop, it is ESSENTIAL to keep those suspicions to their GODDAMN SELVES because scum's job is to find cops and KILL THEM.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

If N0 cop and you find a scum, or non-town, you should tell the class D1.
If N0 cop and you do NOT find scum, or non-town, you should keep that poo poo to yourself until you have actual results to share.

Being able to clear someone is useful, but painting a massive target on your back just because you found town is counter-productive.

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

I love you chores :)

But yeah, if you're town and you think someone might be a cop, what is your thought process?

"I think it would be super helpful to share this with town, as it's very important that everyone know who our potential cops are! Yay I am good town!!!"

No.

No no no.

The only players who MIGHT do this are scum, because they forget that if they think someone might be a cop, it is ESSENTIAL to keep those suspicions to their GODDAMN SELVES because scum's job is to find cops and KILL THEM.

This makes sense but it also seems to contradict your statement that if Glowku is cop with positive result, he should hardclaim?

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy

Izzhov posted:

This makes sense but it also seems to contradict your statement that if Glowku is cop with positive result, he should hardclaim?

If anyone is ever a cop with a positive result, hardclaim that poo poo IMMEDIATELY. I never have, nor ever will say anything that contradicts that.

If I see a mod doc where a cop had a positive investigation result N1 and he dies N2 I will never, ever let him live it down.

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

I'm actually 10 cops.

But they're all fat, lazy, and drunk.

Tobbs Gnawed
Apr 4, 2007

All round mafia nice guy
Detective Williams had everything he needed. It was a long, grueling night of work, but it paid off. Everything fit. The blood spatter report, the DNA evidence, everything. He put everything into the file, slipped it into his drawer, and went home for the night, confident that the killer would be brought in.

The next day, he went to work. He drank his coffee and took his morning poo poo. He slept through a meeting, chatted with his coworkers, and the file sat where he put it. He went home that night, tucked himself in, and the very man whose name was written on the file snuck into his home, slit his throat, and murdered his family.

The file was never found.

GEEEEEET IIIIIIITTTT??????

Izzhov
Dec 6, 2013

My head hurts.

Tobbs Gnawed posted:

Detective Williams had everything he needed. It was a long, grueling night of work, but it paid off. Everything fit. The blood spatter report, the DNA evidence, everything. He put everything into the file, slipped it into his drawer, and went home for the night, confident that the killer would be brought in.

The next day, he went to work. He drank his coffee and took his morning poo poo. He slept through a meeting, chatted with his coworkers, and the file sat where he put it. He went home that night, tucked himself in, and the very man whose name was written on the file snuck into his home, slit his throat, and murdered his family.

The file was never found.

GEEEEEET IIIIIIITTTT??????

This made me laugh, hard. Also pretty convincing. ##unvote at least until we get another chance to hear The Mayor Himself's take on all this.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Infinitum
Jul 30, 2004

Lets talk about zimbo

And how he is obviously scum

• Locked thread