Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Distorted Kiwi
Jun 11, 2014

"C'mon! Let's tune our weapons!"

ruddiger posted:

The casting in that movie's nuts. I'm digging the hell out of mustachio'd Jack Lemmon too.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gZUkfmBCsrE

I think they one-upped it in THE CONCORDE: AIRPORT '79 when George Kennedy stuck his hand through the cockpit window of a SUPERSONIC JET to fire a flare gun. At a missile. Sent by Robert Wagner. Which can chase a jet doing Mach 2.

I think I have to watch that movie again.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sirotan
Oct 17, 2006

Sirotan is a seal.

Sir Kodiak posted:

I get the annoyance at the amount of photoshoppery that gets used instead of just taking photos for movie posters, but this seems like a pretty legitimate instance to use a mirrored image.

Normally I would agree, I generally don't care or notice it. Maybe it's the composition of this poster that causes it to stand out for me? I feel like it's just so lazy, but really can't quantify why. :shrug:

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

This is what it's like when nose collides

Chris Knight
Jun 5, 2002

me @ ur posts

Fun Shoe

Distorted Kiwi posted:

In a similar-but-different, 70's all-star disaster flicks loved the "Row of Tiny Head" posters.

There was an Aiport '77 audience participation thing at Universal Studios back in the day. The idea of a 747 getting trapped upside down underwater was pretty amazing to my kid brain.

Vegetable
Oct 22, 2010

kiimo posted:

This is what it's like when nose collides

boop

Jedit
Dec 10, 2011

Proudly supporting vanilla legends 1994-2014

Black Lodge Palpek posted:

Well, that's pretty accurate when it comes to Assassin's Creed's current-day protagonists.

Programmers, Palpek. It's spelled "programmers".

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

More Gilmore Girls!

And something new starring Shia Labeouff.

Palpek
Dec 27, 2008

Do you feel it, Zach?
My coffee warned me about it.

The MSJ posted:

And something new starring Shia Labeouff.

War is hair

caligulamprey
Jan 23, 2007

It never stops.

Chris Knight posted:

The idea of a 747 getting trapped upside down underwater was pretty amazing to my kid brain.
It's a pretty amazing idea to me now

It's very Jaws 3.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Rough Lobster
May 27, 2009

Don't be such a squid, bro
I love me some Naomi Watts, but the trailer didn't do much for me. Could be an interesting twist with having the vulnerable brain dead guy there.

Also good to see the dude from Stranger Things getting more work but hopefully he actually has a chance to act lol

Seshoho Cian
Jul 26, 2010

seem like the whole city, go against me
every time i'm in the street i hear
yawk yawk yawk yawk

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

These are from Vice Press for The Thought Bubble Comic Convention.

value-brand cereal
May 2, 2008

Does this count as a movie poster? It's pretty cool looking.

KinkyJohn
Sep 19, 2002

The MSJ posted:

More Gilmore Girls!

I really would like to see the original photos for all these Gilmore posters

Stare-Out
Mar 11, 2010

value-brand cereal posted:

Does this count as a movie poster? It's pretty cool looking.

"In statis"?

MacheteZombie
Feb 4, 2007
One of those They Live posters should have had the signs as normal, then the Black and White one have the signs be the truth.

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Stare-Out posted:

"In statis"?

Other than that typo I love it :)

bows1
May 16, 2004

Chill, whale, chill
Wait so Duke Nukem's line is from They Live? Apologies, I've never seen they Live.

Megaman's Jockstrap
Jul 16, 2000

What a horrible thread to have a post.

bows1 posted:

Wait so Duke Nukem's line is from They Live? Apologies, I've never seen they Live.

Yes, pretty much every cool thing Duke Nukem says is stolen from They Live or Army of Darkness.

MikeJF
Dec 20, 2003

MacheteZombie posted:

One of those They Live posters should have had the signs as normal, then the Black and White one have the signs be the truth.

Use a lenticular print to have them shift from one to the other.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

Stare-Out posted:

"In statis"?

If this were the Star Wars universe there would be a whole background invented to explain this.

CelticPredator
Oct 11, 2013
🍀👽🆚🪖🏋

Every single poster for this film is horrific.

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

WB just won't let go of embers.

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

BonoMan
Feb 20, 2002

Jade Ear Joe

Baz Luhrmann presents Harry Potter?

Dillbag
Mar 4, 2007

Click here to join Lem Lee in the Hell Of Being Cut To Pieces
Nap Ghost

kiimo posted:

If this were the Star Wars universe there would be a whole background invented to explain this.

Jizz :allears:

hexwren
Feb 27, 2008

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
I really want to see a situation where society runs on animal-world rules, but everyone is still humans, so everything is just human puns.

BOAT SHOWBOAT
Oct 11, 2007

who do you carry the torch for, my young man?
The No Trout one is kinda funny

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

Part of me hopes that now that Seth is in a musical, he can stop using his other works to jerk himself off about his own singing voice, but I know that won't happen.

Like, it's not enough that you get to sing with Frank Sinatra Jr., you have to be two parts of a trio with him?

kiimo
Jul 24, 2003

You just described how everyone with a fantastic voice but no singing career acts.

Detective Thompson
Nov 9, 2007

Sammy Davis Jr. Jr. is also in repose.
I was looking at a list of lost/partial films from the silent era, and the title of this one caught my eye. It's one of Willis O'Brien's films. I love the poster, especially the regretful looks on both dinosaurs' faces.

The only version I can find online is pretty low-quality, which is a shame since it's hard to make out the cool dinosaur stuff.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=H7sj4zCXMHs

HUNDU THE BEAST GOD
Sep 14, 2007

everything is yours
Speaking of, I would kill to see that restoration of The Lost World. What a captivating movie.

GrandpaPants
Feb 13, 2006

Free to roam the heavens in man's noble quest to investigate the weirdness of the universe!

Alex Ross drew the classic Universal monsters. Apparently they'll be available at Comic Con, so uh, probably not actually available for most people.

Mr. Squishy
Mar 22, 2010

A country where you can always get richer.
The monster's about to spike doctor frankenstein right down on his wife's head.

sbaldrick
Jul 19, 2006
Driven by Hate

GrandpaPants posted:

Alex Ross drew the classic Universal monsters. Apparently they'll be available at Comic Con, so uh, probably not actually available for most people.

I'm very sad I won't be able to get those

The MSJ
May 17, 2010

Mr. Squishy posted:

The monster's about to spike doctor frankenstein right down on his wife's head.

The monster just found out about the affair, probably.

PenguinKnight
Apr 6, 2009

how's a mouse supposed to buy anything a dollar bill is like a novelty check

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Waffleman_
Jan 20, 2011

I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna I don't wanna!!!

PenguinKnight posted:

how's a mouse supposed to buy anything a dollar bill is like a novelty check

He says "Just put it on my bill!"