Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
etalian
Mar 20, 2006

nopants posted:

They didn't show much. A few shots of pubic hair. A quick shot or two of dongs. Some simulated sex and oral that didn't show anything. HBO needs to grow up and show full penetration and a lot of it.

It's always dick o'clock in Westworld

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

El Jeffe posted:

We know the park is treating MiB specially, so maybe they were prepared to temporarily fill the role with a different robot. But they only ended up needing El Lazo shortly after MiB offed him so they just didn't bother and repaired him instead.

e: so beaten

The Man in Black killed him during the day. William, Logan and Dolores didn't meet up with Lawrence until the morning, after he had been repaired and put back out in service.

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
Ok fine, what was Logan talking to William about when they were walking into Pariah? It was about Arnold and the start of the place just without mentioning his name right?

I'm just so tired of the Two Timelines talk I wish they'd just nail it down in some way.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
The reason why they havent nailed it down is because they never even expected people to come up with that

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Paulocaust posted:

If you still doubt the two timelines you are a dummy that's not paying attention.

Actually, the MiB pretty much confirmed that there is no way he is William in his conversation with Ford.

So it's still quite probable that it's one time line.

Phi230
Feb 2, 2016

by Fluffdaddy
Nine Inch Nails talk

Which albums of theirs are exclusively that dark, brooding sound like a lot of songs in The Fragile or is tgat it.

What other bands have dark brooding songs ala NIN

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?
And that ginger rear end in a top hat just HAD to say a throwaway line about a VR Helmet that loving rear end in a top hat you loving sons of bitches gently caress

El Jeffe
Dec 24, 2009

Codependent Poster posted:

The Man in Black killed him during the day. William, Logan and Dolores didn't meet up with Lawrence until the morning, after he had been repaired and put back out in service.

Indeed

Dick Valentine
Nov 4, 2009

Junkfist posted:

Ok fine, what was Logan talking to William about when they were walking into Pariah? It was about Arnold and the start of the place just without mentioning his name right?

I'm just so tired of the Two Timelines talk I wish they'd just nail it down in some way.

Within the first 10 minutes of the episode Logan comments on the beginning of the park, quote, "Supposedly this place was started by a partnership, right before the park opened one of the partners killed himself, sent the park into a free fall. I mean I don't know any of the details, I don't even know his name..." Then William "You must have a team of lawyers looking at this place..." Logan again "They came up empty, he's a complete mystery. Not even a picture."

The entire dialogue is implying past, distant past, tense. The whole partnership between Ford and Arnold, and the beginning of the park, being a mysterious event. Almost like it happened over 30 years ago.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

Blind Rasputin posted:

I don't think there are separate timelines at all. I think the simplest explanation is that sometimes things look different because Delores is mentally reliving her past experiences, and that's gotten some people a bit confused.

The Asian butcher has definitely been trying to get good with a bird so he can mess with hosts. Him and his buddy almost certainly planted that laser transmitter in that host and are up to some sort of monetary gain type stupid embezzlement. They were both paranoid as gently caress when behavior lady showed up, and got all worried about being caught for something.

Dude, they were worried about getting caught because of their ordeal with Brothel leader host lady. Remember when she woke up a few episodes back and they had to chase her down? They didn't tell anyone about the incident since Ginger dude thinks bird dude forgot to put her in sleep mode. Really big stretch thinking they planted the satellite uplink

Junkfist
Oct 7, 2004

FRIEND?

Dick Valentine posted:

Within the first 10 minutes of the episode Logan comments on the beginning of the park, quote, "Supposedly this place was started by a partnership, right before the park opened one of the partners killed himself, sent the park into a free fall. I mean I don't know any of the details, I don't even know his name..." Then William "You must have a team of lawyers looking at this place..." Logan again "They came up empty, he's a complete mystery. Not even a picture."

The entire dialogue is implying past, distant past, tense. The whole partnership between Ford and Arnold, and the beginning of the park, being a mysterious event. Almost like it happened over 30 years ago.

But was it 30 years ago or 4 years ago since they mentioned that the incident happened 34 years ago it could still mea:suicide:

TK_421
Aug 26, 2005

I find your lack of faith disturbing.

Phi230 posted:

Nine Inch Nails talk

Which albums of theirs are exclusively that dark, brooding sound like a lot of songs in The Fragile or is tgat it.

What other bands have dark brooding songs ala NIN

NiN is about the only industrial I listen to, but maybe check out more industrial? Pretty Little Hate Machine can be pretty depressing, but honestly most of their catalogue has that element to it. I would just suggest going chronologically through their albums you haven't checked out.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Everything is in my control
Lipstick Apathy
El Lazo means The Loop in Spanish :tinfoil:

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Eugene V. Dabs posted:

Actually, the MiB pretty much confirmed that there is no way he is William in his conversation with Ford.

So it's still quite probable that it's one time line.

Oh my god you guys are loving stupid

Codependent Poster
Oct 20, 2003

Paulocaust posted:

:allears:

This is almost as good as that person in the Walking Dead thread last year who kept saying Glenn had died.

WhiskeyWhiskers
Oct 14, 2013

I can't believe anyone still thinks there's two timelines. Jesus christ.

JossiRossi
Jul 28, 2008

A little EQ, a touch of reverb, slap on some compression and there. That'll get your dickbutt jiggling.

Codependent Poster posted:

:allears:

This is almost as good as that person in the Walking Dead thread last year who kept saying Glenn had died.

I hope we get some good .gifs out of it like we did there.

DangerZoneDelux
Jul 26, 2006

timp posted:

Lol, it's Westworld. His name means the Lasso.

darnon
Nov 8, 2009

Doggles posted:

Pretty sure the maze was not burned onto the coffins at the end originally, then when we see her by herself it's there.

No, the maze was definitely on the coffin with all three of them there. It's out of focus and kept out of frame for most of the shots, but you can see it fairly clearly when William takes Lawrence's pistol.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

DangerZoneDelux posted:

Lol, it's Westworld. His name means the Lasso.

Ah, figured there was probably another definition, though I suspected noose.

Paulocaust
Jan 29, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

Oh man this is gonna be sweet.

Mr. Apollo
Nov 8, 2000

Duh, that seems incredibly obvious. I can't believe I overlooked that another host would just play the role of El Lazo.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
There are two timelines, but Nolan is loving around and MiB's is the older one.

seaborgium
Aug 1, 2002

"Nothing a shitload of bleach won't fix"

Mr. Apollo posted:

Duh, that seems incredibly obvious. I can't believe I overlooked that another host would just play the role of El Lazo.

I still think that for some of the hosts they might have more than one. A copy of somebody popular just in case something happens to them and another guest wants to check out the sweet storyline they heard about from their friends would just make sense. Especially all the way the gently caress out in Pariah, I don't think a lot of guests get out there.

Aves Maria!
Jul 26, 2008

Maybe I'll drown

Paulocaust posted:

Just because you insist something doesn't make it true.

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry
What about the MiB's line to Teddy about how the old hosts when he first started coming here were more mechanical and not flesh and blood?

DoctorGonzo
Jul 25, 2016

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Venom Dolores is great. I hope we meet Big Boss Dolores soon.

Nichael
Mar 30, 2011

Logan and William's conversation on morality within the game reminds me of discussions of scamming in EVE. I actually would probably take Logan's side if not for the fact that we, as the audience, know the NPCs are becoming (or are) sentient. If they're actually just NPCs though within the confines of a game, morality's not a huge factor in abusing them, just as it's not a factor in scamming other players in EVE (since that is also an acceptable means of playing the game, within the confines of its rules).

I've never seen a show incorporate ideas, motifs, and questions from video games so well though (and in a non-cringey way). It's kind of amazing how perfectly this show feels like it was written in response to video games, and it's funny that it's the first one to feel so accurate after thirty years or so of games being a popular medium.

Lycus
Aug 5, 2008

Half the posters in this forum have been made up. This website is a goddamn ghost town.
If Two Timeline Theory is wrong, I think it's probable that MiB is Logan's father. Logan earlier mentioned their company upping it's stake, not an initial buy-in.

nopants
May 29, 2004
I find the two timelines more credible, not less, after this episode. DOHlorress having the double vision lends credence to some wankery occurring before our very eyes. I'm not not clever enough to find on the nooks and crannies that could prove or disprove it. drat fine entertainment.

nopants fucked around with this message at 05:54 on Oct 31, 2016

CAPTAIN CAPSLOCK
Sep 11, 2001

Dick Valentine posted:

Basically. It would be an really strange way to phrase it if they were talking about something recent.

VendaGoat
Nov 1, 2005

Junkfist posted:

And that ginger rear end in a top hat just HAD to say a throwaway line about a VR Helmet that loving rear end in a top hat you loving sons of bitches gently caress

I once again state. We have already had the confirmation that they are watching us. If you.... You have the right to remain silent anything you say can and will be used against you.

Dick Valentine posted:

yup.

timp posted:

What. you afraid of the jefe using their work against you?

WhiskeyWhiskers posted:

And we have our first Time Warner Shill spotted.

Nichael posted:

Logan and William's conversation on morality within the game reminds me of discussions of scamming in EVE. I actually would probably take Logan's side if not for the fact that we, as the audience, know the NPCs are becoming (or are) sentient. If they're actually just NPCs though within the confines of a game, morality's not a huge factor in abusing them, just as it's not a factor in scamming other players in EVE (since that is also an acceptable means of playing the game, within the confines of its rules).

I've never seen a show incorporate ideas, motifs, and questions from video games so well though (and in a non-cringey way). It's kind of amazing how perfectly this show feels like it was written in response to video games, and it's funny that it's the first one to feel so accurate after thirty years or so of games being a popular medium.

If the NPCs are incorporated against you then....

Well?

Skizzzer
Sep 27, 2011

Dick Valentine posted:

Yeah.

Caufman
May 7, 2007
I quite like that the Man in Black tells Teddy the Vitruvian milk dipping, more lifelike method of host production is cheaper than the mechanical method. I hadn't considered that a story would ever go in that direction.

Nerdietalk
Dec 23, 2014

I wasn't expecting the techs to show up again in the plot. I kind of appreciated the touch of this big sign of the robots gaining sentience being covered up by two dumb lower management guys. But its really interesting the direction they're going with Lutz(/Felix?) and Maeve.

Lawrence finally gets the good life for a bit, can't wait to see how he suffers again soon.

Caufman posted:

I quite like that the Man in Black tells Teddy the Vitruvian milk dipping, more lifelike method of host production is cheaper than the mechanical method. I hadn't considered that a story would ever go in that direction.

Its a really nice detail. Of course the park's always looking for quicker ways to make and fix up the hosts.

Adonis
Oct 15, 2004
Greek gods almighty!

OldTennisCourt posted:

How the gently caress do you go back to work with a dude like Logan after this poo poo? "Oh hey it's the dude who was super into raping and murdering people near constantly, what a cool dude he is."

Logan ain't going home. He's probably gonna be the first human casualty. They're telegraphing it pretty hard, it's gonna either be him or some red shirt.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Next week looks insane.

timp
Sep 19, 2007

Lipstick Apathy

nooneofconsequence posted:

Next week looks insane.

The preview was one of those "In the next coming weeks" previews, so we were probably seeing clips from a few different episodes there

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

timp posted:

The preview was one of those "In the next coming weeks" previews, so we were probably seeing clips from a few different episodes there

okay good cause that looked like way too much.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nopants
May 29, 2004
Logan is gonna gently caress with William or dulorrowess and he will get put down. Also, it looked like the hosts weren't really bloodying Logan.

• Locked thread