Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Senor Tron
May 26, 2006

Anidav posted:

Hahaha, what the gently caress, Bishop is gonna spill now due to the Murdoch cycle pressure?

I'm still calling it, and it will be portrayed as her reluctantly taking on the leadership.

edit: Reckon there's a 50% chance that Bishop becomes PM in this term of government, and if she does the Coalition will romp in the next election because the Australian public look at the name of the PM over their policies.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ixnay on the Omelet
Sep 11, 2016
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

Anidav posted:

Goodnight sweet prince

I hope you enjoyed (most of) the anidavatars. Sorry for the one that stepped over the line.

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Ixnay on the Omelet posted:

Seeing the witch-hunt is in full swing, I have a proposal I think will solve everyone's problems.

I only buy accounts so I can read AI/GBS and buy that Cartoon fuckwit avatars. Problem is, once I have an account the urge to troll this thread becomes irresistible. The account gets banned, I miss reading AI, the cycle repeats.

I therefore request breaking the cycle by probating this account for 100,000 hours. Thankyou and god bless.

Man at least do something productive with your time and money, like securing a future for white children or something. Good lord you're a sad man.

Also, quoting for posterity.

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

ahhh fuck its the rats again

I hope you enjoyed (most of) the anidavatars. Sorry for the one that stepped over the line.

Give me one more for old times sake

Frogfingers
Oct 10, 2012

Anidav posted:

Give me one more for old times sake

You loving enabler.

Gridlocked
Aug 2, 2014

MR. STUPID MORON
WITH AN UGLY FACE
AND A BIG BUTT
AND HIS BUTT SMELLS
AND HE LIKES TO KISS
HIS OWN BUTT
by Roger Hargreaves

I like how a reply to that tweet is someone suggesting Pauline is a secret LNP plant. Like somehow that's worse than being the leader of One Nation.

Cartoon
Jun 20, 2008

poop

I only buy accounts so I can read AI/GBS and buy that Cartoon fuckwit avatars.
I don't know what the problem with me is. I'm a wealth creator. For Lowtax.

Ten Becquerels
Apr 17, 2012

My Little Tony: Leadership is Magic
Peter Dutton has a real penchant for just saying things that aren't true and being surprised when people point out they aren't true - apparently this ban on boat arrivals ever coming to Australia won't break our international treaty obligations, presumably because we broke them years ago.

Along with the welfare cards being pushed as a success, there's been some clamouring in some Kimberley groups for stricter rules around the sale of takeaway alcohol. There have been restrictions in place for years that haven't done much to reduce violence or public drunkenness, they've served to create a growing black market for alcohol while addressing none of the root causes of alcoholism in the community. Without addressing any of the social dysfunction and mental illness that underlies the alcoholism, more restrictions on what people can spend money on or how much alcohol can be bought haven't worked and I doubt they'll start working now.

Honestly I have no idea what the solution could be beyond a root and branch restructuring of pretty much every service to the community. A cohesive mental health service would be a start, as it is there's a mix of fractured and underfunded programs that struggle to help anyone with anything.

Redcordial
Nov 7, 2009

TRUMP TRUMP TRUMP

lol the country is fed up with your safe spaces and trigger warnings you useless special snowflakes, send the sjws to mexico
So weak-willed that you cannot even muster the self discipline to refrain from posting in a certain internet forum/thread.

Good riddance you pathetic gently caress.

You Am I
May 20, 2001

Me @ your poasting

Seeing the witch-hunt is in full swing, I have a proposal I think will solve everyone's problems.

I only buy accounts so I can read AI/GBS and buy that Cartoon fuckwit avatars. Problem is, once I have an account the urge to troll this thread becomes irresistible. The account gets banned, I miss reading AI, the cycle repeats.

I therefore request breaking the cycle by probating this account for 100,000 hours. Thankyou and god bless.

Well if you stick to AI/GBS, then you'll be ok.

But whatever.

Starshark
Dec 22, 2005
Doctor Rope

Redcordial posted:

So weak-willed that you cannot even muster the self discipline to refrain from posting in a certain internet forum/thread.

Good riddance you pathetic gently caress.

He'll get sick of the probe and re-reg again.

AgentF
May 11, 2009
Good riddance sweet prince.

G-Spot Run
Jun 28, 2005

Starshark posted:

He'll get sick of the probe and re-reg again.

I hear lowtax needs the :10bux: tho

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Who is this person?

I don't want to know who buys Cartoon's loving avatars. It's supposed to be one of those mysteries of life.

ewe2
Jul 1, 2009

Uspol have had a rough day today with racism callouts etc, and after about 30 odd pages of meltdown, here's one post I thought useful to us too:

Lead out in cuffs posted:

OK, so I'll have a go at an effortpost.

1. Do your own homework on -isms. Don't expect people who are one the receiving end of racism, sexism, etc to have to bear the burden of educating the people on the giving end.

2. Understand that you benefit from a system of privilege founded on prejudice, that your voice is already amplified, and your perspectives given greater weight than people further down the privilege scale than you. http://www.ucalgary.ca/cared/whiteness

3. From 2, do your best to shut up and listen to what people further down the privilege scale from you have to say, without getting defensive. White fragility is real; work against it. http://www.alternet.org/culture/why-white-people-freak-out-when-theyre-called-out-about-race

4. Tone policing is also real, and is another way that privilege and prejudice are reinforced. Don't do that either. http://everydayfeminism.com/2015/12/tone-policing-and-privilege/

All very good reads even if you think you know this stuff. It's very helpful in understanding the angle of media too.

Doctor Spaceman
Jul 6, 2010

"Everyone's entitled to their point of view, but that's seriously a weird one."
God, USPol made the C-SPAM Trump thread seem readable today.

Graic Gabtar posted:

I don't want to know who buys Cartoon's loving avatars.
It's Cartoon.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties
How can all you slanderous lefties pick on Peter Dutton for coining up some common sense policy which is going to help make Australia great again when Gillian Triggs is busy spreading far left slanderous hate and abusing her position as chief of the human rights commission?

Leave Peter Alone!

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Gridlocked posted:

I like how a reply to that tweet is someone suggesting Pauline is a secret LNP plant. Like somehow that's worse than being the leader of One Nation.

Great to see Pauline back in the parliament where she belongs. She's going to pull the LNP back from the far left to the conservative right.

Just in time to.

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

PatriotPete posted:

How can all you slanderous lefties pick on Peter Dutton for coining up some common sense policy which is going to help make Australia great again when Gillian Triggs is busy spreading far left slanderous hate and abusing her position as chief of the human rights commission?

Leave Peter Alone!

haha dutton is a goon and also anidav's friend

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Anidav posted:

It just looks like Howard survival tactics to me. Dunno if it'll save em.

Survival tactics?

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

PatriotPete posted:

Survival tactics?

Basically, nor agree or disagree with One Nation but absorb policy where they can i.e Howard in 1998 election.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

It feels so good to be so bad.....at posting.

One Nation will collectively crap their pants and fall apart before the next election, just like they did the first time around and just like PUP did last term. They're already splitting on issues and we're not even six months in yet.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Anidav posted:

Basically, nor agree or disagree with One Nation but absorb policy where they can i.e Howard in 1998 election.

It does make sense for the LNP to work with Hanson on issues like immigration. The LNP need One Nation on board to pass their big business agenda through the senate and Hanson needs the LNP to get her entire agenda through parliament because she doesn't have enough elected in to legislate.

I would have thought that the LNP would have figured out by now that selling out to the left does not work and makes them even more unpopular amongst they silent majority then they would be otherwise. This is why Menzies and Howard had the longest serving governments in Australian history. Neither of them were "survivalists" both were born natural leaders.

If you want an example of a survivalist, then choose Labor and Rudd. He bought his second term by giving away all of the Howard / Costello Surplus.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

Birdstrike posted:

haha dutton is a goon and also anidav's friend

How is Dutton a "goon?"

You're a loon for calling Dutton a goon! ;P

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

CrazyTolradi posted:

One Nation will collectively crap their pants and fall apart before the next election, just like they did the first time around and just like PUP did last term. They're already splitting on issues and we're not even six months in yet.

WRONG

Pauline Hanson is only going to grow and surge. The people are fed up with far left communist turds controlling them with their PC slander. Pauline is going to make Australia great again and she's off to a great start. She's already pulled the LNP back on over to the conservative right where they belong and rightfully dealt with illegals entering Australia. Next she'll steer Australia out of the UN before we start beheading people for not being muslim.

Lets hope she's not to late.

Milkfred E. Moore
Aug 27, 2006

'It's easier to imagine the end of the world than the end of capitalism.'

PatriotPete posted:

WRONG

Pauline Hanson is only going to grow and surge. The people are fed up with far left communist turds controlling them with their PC slander. Pauline is going to make Australia great again and she's off to a great start. She's already pulled the LNP back on over to the conservative right where they belong and rightfully dealt with illegals entering Australia. Next she'll steer Australia out of the UN before we start beheading people for not being muslim.

Same.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

PatriotPete posted:

WRONG

How many bitcoin miners do you keep in your bedroom?

kirbysuperstar
Nov 11, 2012

Let the fools who stand before us be destroyed by the power you and I possess.

PatriotPete posted:

Pauline Hanson is only going to grow and surge.

Don't fat-shame, thanks.

Unless it's towards Christianson.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

CrazyTolradi posted:

How many bitcoin miners do you keep in your bedroom?

As long as there's economy stimulating coal reserves in the ground, there will be miners in my bedroom! ;)

wooo hoo!

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

kirbysuperstar posted:

Don't fat-shame, thanks.

Unless it's towards Christianson.

Bahahahaha Good Call!

Can we settle on Rinehart?

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Just to remind you, Pete, that it was a Sudanese Muslim who kicked in the back door of a bus to save it's passengers in the Moorooka bus fire. And you want to go and kick people like that out of our community?

birdstrike
Oct 30, 2008

i;m gay

PatriotPete posted:

How is Dutton a "goon?"

You're a loon for calling Dutton a goon! ;P

you're dutton

the only man denser than anidav

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

Hey, my density is acceptable!

Pickled Tink
Apr 28, 2012

Have you heard about First Dog? It's a very good comic I just love.

Also, wear your bike helmets kids. I copped several blows to the head but my helmet left me totally unscathed.

Finally you should check out First Dog as it's a good comic I like it very much.
Fun Shoe
First Dog strikes again!

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But Peter, Coal is bad and destroying the planet.

CrazyTolradi
Oct 2, 2011

Peter loves coal, so much so that he has it for breakfast every morning. It really does explain a lot.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

CrazyTolradi posted:

Just to remind you, Pete, that it was a Sudanese Muslim who kicked in the back door of a bus to save it's passengers in the Moorooka bus fire. And you want to go and kick people like that out of our community?

Why do I want to kick Sudanese Muslims out of our community especially if they're kicking in bus doors to save people? That's a little redundant don't you think?

Graic Gabtar
Dec 19, 2014

squat my posts

Pickled Tink posted:

First Dog strikes again!

Just need to get rid of greys and white now and FDOTM will finally be useful as something you can print out and wear around your upper arm.

PatriotPete
Jul 14, 2016

Get fucked lefties

CrazyTolradi posted:

Peter loves coal, so much so that he has it for breakfast every morning. It really does explain a lot.

Yes I do, Santa gives me a lump every year for being a bad little boy! ;)

I sell it on the stock exchange to chinese investors and use the profits to buy some actual presents also made in china!

Globalisation makes the world go round.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Anidav
Feb 25, 2010

But Trump is the anti globalist candidate!

• Locked thread