Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.
What is YISUN?
Mother
A lie we tell ourselves to have a purpose
Bliss
A paradox with no solution
Father
A strong female protagonist
The weakest thing there is and the smallest crawling thing
Creator
Everything in this miserable and hellish existence
A solution with no paradoxes
View Results

BravestOfTheLamps
Oct 12, 2012

by FactsAreUseless
Lipstick Apathy

Cowcaster posted:

your weird learning project might be the only good webcomic on the internet besides achewood

You've never read What Do the Teenage Boys Do?!!

BravestOfTheLamps fucked around with this message at 23:48 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thesaurasaurus
Feb 15, 2010

"Send in Boxbot!"

I thought that the needle was telekinesis, not just because of the lines of motion, but because Allison looks a little surprised in that panel, like "Did I just do that?" and also TK would have fit with the general function of the Key of Kings, ie "I'm drunk as hell and I have no idea what I'm doing!"

But the edit makes it a lot clearer, yeah.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
:cripes:

No, she doesn't look surprised. Nothing in that face indicates surprise. Her expression is very similar to the panel above with a slight change around the eyes. It's probably disgust at, you know, pulling a giant needle out of the freakin' head of her erstwhile protector, yeah?

This trend is going to culminate in people thinking Allison can teleport because he didn't draw a transition between rooms or something.

AriadneThread
Feb 17, 2011

The Devil sounds like smoke and honey. We cannot move. It is too beautiful.

paragon1 posted:

:cripes:

No, she doesn't look surprised. Nothing in that face indicates surprise. Her expression is very similar to the panel above with a slight change around the eyes. It's probably disgust at, you know, pulling a giant needle out of the freakin' head of her erstwhile protector, yeah?

This trend is going to culminate in people thinking Allison can teleport because he didn't draw a transition between rooms or something.

why doesn't anyone notice the giant block of words floating in the middle of the room?

Comrade Gorbash
Jul 12, 2011

My paper soldiers form a wall, five paces thick and twice as tall.
What's annoying about this misreading of panels isn't that sometimes action is a little unclear or confusing - that happens.

It's that people keep spinning these giant nonsense theories out of them, and then when its made clear they were wrong, persist in defending the nonsense theories.

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Operant posted:

Honestly though, a lot of drawing comics on a regular deadline is being able to produce passable and stylish art with some degree of efficiency. Go read Jojo's Bizarre Adventure part 3-4, which are very good comics by the amazingly weird Mr. Araki, comics which have been very influential on the Japanese comic scene and very popular on the world stage, and go look at some of the hilarious wonky art in some parts of it.

My friend, you have yet to get to part 5 of JJBA, where the fashion gets TRULY outrageous

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

Once you've finished Jojo part 4.... keep going

ConfusedUs
Feb 24, 2004

Bees?
You want fucking bees?
Here you go!
ROLL INITIATIVE!!

Comrade Gorbash posted:

What's annoying about this misreading of panels isn't that sometimes action is a little unclear or confusing - that happens.

It's that people keep spinning these giant nonsense theories out of them, and then when its made clear they were wrong, persist in defending the nonsense theories.

Hi. Welcome to the internet. Are you new here?

Mazerunner
Apr 22, 2010

Good Hunter, what... what is this post?

Comrade Gorbash posted:

I mean I got no opinion re: the panels in question but maybe, just MAYBE, they wouldn't be so defensive if they didn't get called nonsense illiterate morons who poop themselves constantly

Tollymain
Jul 9, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
i've crafted defenses out of my nonsense illiterate moron poop and am now impregnable to any and all posting attacks

ConanTheLibrarian
Aug 13, 2004

dis buch is late
Fallen Rib

Operant posted:

There's some urban streetscape stuff coming up I am gong to bust my rear end on though so I think that will look loving great and I think people are ok with slower updates in order for me to get some ridiculous art out

To counter the other opinions, I'd say slower updates are only worth it if the extra work goes into something important. Who cares about bannisters!

P.S. are you still working on 6 Inches?

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

To counter the other opinions, I'd say slower updates are only worth it if the extra work goes into something important. Who cares about bannisters!

P.S. are you still working on 6 Inches?

I care about bannisters :colbert:

paranoid randroid
Mar 4, 2007

Tollymain posted:

i've crafted defenses out of my nonsense illiterate moron poop and am now impregnable to any and all posting attacks

*jnana mudra gesture* and in so doing, have imprisoned yourself forever in a cage of your own dumb thoughts. farewell...

girl dick energy
Sep 30, 2009

You think you have the wherewithal to figure out my puzzle vagina?

Tollymain posted:

Only shitpost can defeat shitpost

Rhaka
Feb 15, 2008

Practice knighthood and learn
the art that dignifies you

paragon1 posted:

But... Allison *can* teleport.

Cat Mattress
Jul 14, 2012

by Cyrano4747

ConanTheLibrarian posted:

Who cares about bannisters!

This man:

Renaissance Robot
Oct 10, 2010

Bite my furry metal ass

Rhaka posted:

I blame immigrants for this.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW

Rhaka posted:

:doh:

Change it from "can teleport" to "teleported", then.

I'll make sure to correct it in the book version.

NachtSieger
Apr 10, 2013

paragon1 posted:

:doh:

Change it from "can teleport" to "teleported", then.

I'll make sure to correct it in the book version.

I hope to YISUN there isn't a book version of your posts.

ElMaligno
Dec 31, 2004

Be Gay!
Do Crime!

NachtSieger posted:

I hope to YISUN there isn't a book version of your posts.

paragon1
Nov 22, 2010

FULL COMMUNISM NOW
Please don't doxx me.

Niavmai
Nov 27, 2011

Mammon's crown is a tiny snek.

*hiss*

Archenteron
Nov 3, 2006

:marc:

Niavmai posted:

*hiss*

The Grand Dragon :kimchi:

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Niavmai posted:

*hiss*

pwease no steppy!

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Throw your daughters on the pyre.

Bilirubin
Feb 16, 2014

The sanctioned action is to CHUG

A very good update

Mr. Lobe
Feb 23, 2007

... Dry bones...

Nyave's world appears to have electricity!

Runa
Feb 13, 2011

lmao that alt text

Begemot
Oct 14, 2012

The One True Oden

Mr. Lobe posted:

Nyave's world appears to have electricity!

They have desk lamps. It could be powered by magic, or gas, or maybe there's just a tiny candle in there!

Nah but that is interesting. Maybe it's related to the growing of the special fruit that Mottom liked. I can't think of another reason she'd allow them to have it.

bitprophet
Jul 22, 2004
Taco Defender

Begemot posted:

They have desk lamps. It could be powered by magic, or gas, or maybe there's just a tiny candle in there!

Probably not a candle or gas - notice the cord coming out of the lamp. So probably electricity, or, y'know...magic electricity :science:

Unrelated, I confess I'm not understanding the final panel's dialogue. How is "well, if you insist..." an intelligible response to "you're flying the ship?!"? I assume I'm just being thick here, but why isn't it something more obviously parse-able as "well, yea, I kind of am flying the ship"?

bitprophet fucked around with this message at 07:19 on Nov 5, 2016

flatluigi
Apr 23, 2008

here come the planes
The backstory panel at the bottom reads a little awkwardly, I think. You segue into it with her saying (or seeming to say) "Not a servant then, an advisor" which then leads to reading the next panel as if she was also saying it, except it says "since she was young" instead of "since I was young" so it's not her? Might be a quick fix by swapping the pronoun out.

I might also just be tired. :v:

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

bitprophet posted:

Unrelated, I confess I'm not understanding the final panel's dialogue. How is "well, if you insist..." an intelligible response to "you're flying the ship?!"? I assume I'm just being thick here, but why isn't it something more obviously parse-able as "well, yea, I kind of am flying the ship"?

Likewise, honestly. Maybe the "Well, I--" was a cut-off response, and this will all make sense once we have another page?

Roland Jones
Aug 18, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo
Edit: Misremembered something, whoops.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
I laughed at Princess' sheer "lets be real here" expression as she/he lays down the cold hard facts :v:

wiegieman
Apr 22, 2010

Royalty is a continuous cutting motion

flatluigi posted:

The backstory panel at the bottom reads a little awkwardly, I think. You segue into it with her saying (or seeming to say) "Not a servant then, an advisor" which then leads to reading the next panel as if she was also saying it, except it says "since she was young" instead of "since I was young" so it's not her? Might be a quick fix by swapping the pronoun out.

I might also just be tired. :v:

I think she's just really proper when she speaks. It reads a little awkwardly, but she's describing her skillset, just in the third person.

Schwarzwald
Jul 27, 2004

Don't Blink
It's kind of incredibly hosed up that Mottom targets girls that are good at math in emulation of how she was chosen.

nimby
Nov 4, 2009

The pinnacle of cloud computing.

bitprophet posted:

When Allison asks the question "You're flying the ship?" she chooses to interpret it as the order "You're flying the ship!", so she's polite and accepts.

thechosenone
Mar 21, 2009
And holy poo poo does she say it with the smuggest face I've seen in a while.

Captain Oblivious
Oct 12, 2007

I'm not like other posters
Smug really isn't the right word. That's mischievous.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Poltergrift
Feb 16, 2014

"When I grow up, I'm gonna be a proper swordsman. One with clothes."

nimby posted:

When Allison asks the question "You're flying the ship?" she chooses to interpret it as the order "You're flying the ship!", so she's polite and accepts.

Allison says "You've been flying the ship?"

I'm not sure how to take that as an order.