Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?
I should have been more clear, I'm not worried about Cory Booker being the next DNC chair. I'm worried that he's going to be the next face of the party in the way Clinton was, as the inevitable establishment pic that seems like he'd be great because they think if they check off superficial aspects of him as demographic boxes, they'll win again. Even though he's a neoliberal piece of poo poo.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Homeless Friend
Jul 16, 2007

anime was right posted:

Username: Mitt Romney

http://forums.somethingawful.com/member.php?action=getinfo&&userid=87145

Last Post
Jul 25, 2016 3:58 PM

The 2016 Democratic Party presidential primaries and caucuses were a series of electoral contests organized by the Democratic Party to select the 4,051 delegates to the Democratic National Convention held July 25–28

Lol

navyjack
Jul 15, 2006

DaveWoo posted:

Sounded to me like she clearly favored Ellison and was just being polite towards Dean. Seems kind of silly and counterproductive to go after Warren for something as minor as that.

Yeah, that's what I got too. She seemed dismissive of the idea.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Speaking of CCCs that need refunding, the California Conservation Corp has been consistently attacked by Democrats in the state legislature for no other reason than the Republicans who have it operate in their constituencies support it. The 'champion party for minorities' constantly tries to defund a program that helps California minorities get job training and experience while serving the environment.

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Princess Di posted:

I'm not white.

For most of my life I was not middle class.

Now I'm only barely so.

I'm a leftist that's true.

I'm led to believe that those who voted for Trump may have been racist because Trump used specifically and intentionally racist dog whistling to drum up support. The evidence of this is in the endorsement by David Duke of the KKK.

When a majority of people voted for him, I sincerely believed that it was proof the United States did not value people like me.

This is me trying to come to grips with learning whatever lessons can be learned from this election.

I literally avoid the south due to racism, also small towns and the dark alleys in said small towns. I'm not trolling here Im just talking about how I navigate the world.

im not trying to denigrate your point of view and your honestly probably legitimate fears for many scenarios. the point is that while yes of course some of these people are terrible racist shitheads, some of them voted for obama but not clinton and those people can be recaptured if the leftist democrats are heard.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

LmaoTheKid posted:

Also, Liz Warren sucks. That interview was terrible and the fact that she's ok with hearing out Dean is just gross as hell.

i have not lost so much respect for someone so quickly as i have with warren this week

Neeksy
Mar 29, 2007

Hej min vän, hur står det till?

Cubey posted:

i have not lost so much respect for someone so quickly as i have with warren this week

Just wait until you hear about her stance with Israel :allears:

Doorknob Slobber
Sep 10, 2006

by Fluffdaddy

bump_fn posted:

im not trying to denigrate your point of view and your honestly probably legitimate fears for many scenarios. the point is that while yes of course some of these people are terrible racist shitheads, some of them voted for obama but not clinton and those people can be recaptured if the leftist democrats are heard.

If any of those people actually give a poo poo then maybe they should do something about racism, oh wait they won't because they don't give a poo poo much like most of the democratic party. Hope with the destruction of Hillary this year we can get rid of the notion of the politically correct democrat putting up with the notion that not all racists are bad, if only we just gave them enough hugs!

They're beautiful on the inside. Cute little bundles of joy screaming at you and your kids that you should be deported.

Pener Kropoopkin
Jan 30, 2013

Venom Snake posted:

Offering people the ability to resettle because their town is quite literally dead is a good idea IMO. Iv driven through places in Southern VA that look like a loving fallout game.

You're literally arguing that the government should relocate people according to the whims of the market, as if this was 1969 Saigon and industrial decay was the Viet Cong.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

They can build solar loving road factories for all I care, just build poo poo in these communities that desperately need jobs

What are the economics of building these factories. What business is doing to spends millions of dollars to build a factory to the latest spec to hire people at living wages with benefits when they can build a metal shack in a third world country and pay the workers cents an hour?

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

This thread is 100x worse than trump winning because it's just an excuse for people to hand wave poo poo away instead of learning why HRC lost loving MI, PA, IA, OH, and WI all in the same god drat election.

You should just rename this poo poo to "Dem Autopsy: Tell me things that reaffirm my beliefs" because that's literally all that's ever going to be embraced here.

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

This is still really pissing me off because it's exactly why you idiots lost to the loving orange idiot king. I give you an idea to both help poor people who have been loving savaged by the capitalist class and also fight climate change / advance scientific research / help exploding healthcare costs and you loving hand wave it away.

These people are dealing with the only loving factory in town being gone for 15 loving years, and they've voted in the orange idiot king because at least he promised to punch you in the nose because he swears you caused this. Nebulous ideas about "giving people the education they deserve" isn't going to do jack poo poo for the dude who used to work in the factory but is now unemployed.

Building a factory there today - a factory built to the latest safety standards - sure beats the poo poo out of "well maybe we'll pay for half of your two year degree and just hope someone hires in your area".

Then build the factory, get them an education, and get them a better life. Stop acting so hostile when Iv made it absolutely clear I agree with you. Raising the high school graduation rate so it's not atrocious isn't a loving nebulous idea! We are going to need to train these people to work with green energy! Education in this country at the sub-college level is dire as gently caress right now and it's were rural people get hosed super hard.

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

So literally, a bubble. Like I get that it's easy for me to say that, and there are actual dangers. but you have to come to grips with the fact that you can't just wall off yourself from vast swaths of land and people because of some narrative you've been fed and expect to ever even sort of understand the world at large.

Would you live in a town where you have every reason to believe the people there won't allow you to find work due to the narratives your people have shared with you. You will have trouble finding a mate or even being safe in your home or even in a church. Again these narratives are from your own people and their lived experiences.

Could you live there then?

What would your opinion be of this town?

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

Princess Di posted:

When you and your people get disrespected and even shot by police on a regular basis, discussing racism is not a theoretical problem. It's a very real issue that needs attention too.

We have to deal with poverty across the board. We also have to allow our citizens to live in a safe environment as full citizens.

The first step here is admitting to yourself that not all southerners are racists. I'm from Long Island, its racist as gently caress there. Its racist as gently caress here in NYC.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

RACHET posted:

What are the economics of building these factories. What business is doing to spends millions of dollars to build a factory to the latest spec to hire people at living wages with benefits when they can build a metal shack in a third world country and pay the workers cents an hour?

Tax the capitalist class and use the proceeds to build these factories and provide carbon neutral power to the community for free.

"I'm gonna tax those fuckers who shipped your jobs overseas and use the funds to give you a new job today" is a powerful message and is also 100% in line with what the Democratic Party is supposed to stand for.

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

bump_fn posted:

I think we could even say most of them are not terrible racist shitheads. And for every two racist shitheads one is only that way out of default social poo poo for the lulz or cred.

Neolibs want to talk about economic incremental but treat racism in tyool 2016 as something that is all or nothing, innate and irredeemable. Maybe talk to a loving human being and change their mind.

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

This thread is 100x worse than trump winning because it's just an excuse for people to hand wave poo poo away instead of learning why HRC lost loving MI, PA, IA, OH, and WI all in the same god drat election.

You should just rename this poo poo to "Dem Autopsy: Tell me things that reaffirm my beliefs" because that's literally all that's ever going to be embraced here.

what do you think people are handwaving here?

SpRahl
Apr 22, 2008

Neeksy posted:

Dear god is the DNC going to try and push for Cory Booker to be their next guy? Please no.

Hate to be that guy but who is Corey Booker and why should I be worried about him being the next darling of the party?

Mao Zedong Thot
Oct 16, 2008

Princess Di posted:

Would you live in a town where you have every reason to believe the people there won't allow you to find work due to the narratives your people have shared with you. You will have trouble finding a mate or even being safe in your home or even in a church. Again these narratives are from your own people and their lived experiences.

Jesus gently caress you are thick

hailthefish
Oct 24, 2010

Many of them do give many shits, but if getting rid of all racism everywhere forever were easy it would have happened already.

No, much better to assume they're all wrongthinking detestables who should just all starve to death because they weren't able to ~bootstraps~ themselves into upper-middle-class technical professional jobs in metropolitan coastal areas. :thumbsup:

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

jfc settle down people agree with you

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

Pener Kropoopkin posted:

You're literally arguing that the government should relocate people according to the whims of the market, as if this was 1969 Saigon and industrial decay was the Viet Cong.

Offer. You read malice into what is an attempt to listen to what these peoples concerns are. I spent months campaigning in rural southern VA and one of peoples biggest concerns was that their kids couldn't afford to move away if they wanted

LmaoTheKid posted:

You just said you're ok with another Clinton being a +1 D in the house and she's married to a GS finance bro.

I said that if she got us a seat we didn't have. But your right that she would probably be kinda bad! Thing is I and everyone else in the party is desperate as gently caress!

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

Princess Di posted:

I've lived my whole life in a town like that you stupid sheltered gently caress. And I understand that 95% of the people who hate me for being a Mexican-American are just afraid of losing what little they have left. If they realized that the elite are the source of economic hardship and not their neighbors, racism in America would be revealed as the dying, almost extinct practice is truly is.

A GIANT PARSNIP
Apr 13, 2010

Too much fuckin' eggnog

Venom Snake posted:

Then build the factory, get them an education, and get them a better life. Stop acting so hostile when Iv made it absolutely clear I agree with you. Raising the high school graduation rate so it's not atrocious isn't a loving nebulous idea! We are going to need to train these people to work with green energy! Education in this country at the sub-college level is dire as gently caress right now and it's were rural people get hosed super hard.

Propose that the federal government builds and owns the factory and hires local people with the promise to train them up for the jobs they need to fill. It's a really loving simple concept.

Missingnoleader
Mar 10, 2014

On the other hand we don't want another Solyndra...

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

holy lol this elitist anti-EC rant on MSNBC

DaveWoo
Aug 14, 2004

Fun Shoe

Cubey posted:

Why, because she said a mildly polite thing about Dean and put out a statement saying she was willing to work with Trump if he wanted to achieve progressive goals (spoiler alert: this will not happen)?

I mean, geez, the neo-libs won't even need to make an effort to keep their hold on the party at the rate you guys are kneecapping yourselves.

RACHET
Dec 29, 2014

by exmarx

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

Tax the capitalist class and use the proceeds to build these factories and provide carbon neutral power to the community for free.

"I'm gonna tax those fuckers who shipped your jobs overseas and use the funds to give you a new job today" is a powerful message and is also 100% in line with what the Democratic Party is supposed to stand for.

Fuckin lol, if we increase taxes dramatically on the rich that will hardly pay for poo poo. It will just prevent them from accumulating more wealth at a faster rate, so they become chip leaders at a slower rate and won't be able to influence others as much. Also so much of the business world is global now they can easily position their earnings and live in a country that won't tax their wealth. You would need a massive worldwide agreement to tax the rich and that will never ever happen.

Lastgirl
Sep 7, 1997

Good Morning!
Sunday Morning!

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

loving really? Government run plants to build solar panels and windmills, or government run research labs and local clinics are gonna be asbestos filled hellholes? That's your loving retort to the federal government giving shat on poor people jobs?

These people don't want a slightly larger check to spend at Walmart #7918. They want a job they feel proud of, and they want to spend their paychecks at local businesses. Liberals have a giant list of things they want done from climate change action to research to improved healthcare. So why the gently caress shouldn't we slap a giant government facility into every one of these desperate counties to make massive amounts of jobs and do some loving good for mankind at the same time?

Simple.

Republicans. Lobbyists. :capitalism:

Vox Nihili
May 28, 2008
lol even colbert condemned hillary for immediately rolling over and saying give trump a chance, holy poo poo

Venom Snake
Feb 19, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

RACHET posted:

Fuckin lol, if we increase taxes dramatically on the rich that will hardly pay for poo poo. It will just prevent them from accumulating more wealth at a faster rate, so they become chip leaders at a slower rate and won't be able to influence others as much. Also so much of the business world is global now they can easily position their earnings and live in a country that won't tax their wealth. You would need a massive worldwide agreement to tax the rich and that will never ever happen.

Wall Street and Silicon generate nearly infinite wealth already. 10% of infinity is pretty big if we can actually get it and convince them if it all falls apart they will have nothing.

DEEP STATE PLOT
Aug 13, 2008

Yes...Ha ha ha...YES!

Neeksy posted:

Just wait until you hear about her stance with Israel :allears:

i already knew this. much like bernie's stance on nuclear energy, which i also hate.

Jedi Knight Luigi
Jul 13, 2009
If this hasn't been posted 1,500 times yet, please allow me to help contribute:

Hmm those trees kind of remind me of Minnesota, Wisconsin, or Michigan during the late fall. :)

Al!
Apr 2, 2010

:coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot::coolspot:

VOTE YES ON 69 posted:

Jesus gently caress you are thick

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=z36Xadupn5c

Oh Snapple!
Dec 27, 2005

God Lawrence O'Donnell is a poo poo. "Why are we talking about Hillary needing to win more votes when she won the most votes?!?!?"

Pick
Jul 19, 2009
Nap Ghost

A GIANT PARSNIP posted:

I have come to suspect that, though the Republican Party is greatly marred by ignorance, the Democratic Party is frankly hobbled by what might be most accurately described as… Well, poo poo, maybe just straight up aspergers. oh no, these people were going to lose their jobs and be destitute forever, which is fine because secretly I only think that social Darwinism is evil not wrong, why would they vote against their self interest????? If Romney had not been one of these beep Boop idiots himself he would have won in a landslide

bump_fn
Apr 12, 2004

two of them

Oh Snapple! posted:

God Lawrence O'Donnell is a poo poo. "Why are we talking about Hillary needing to win more votes when she won the most votes?!?!?"

I'm the not getting it

Princess Di
Apr 23, 2016

by zen death robot

bump_fn posted:

That's true.

We ignored the rust belt and that was a big mistake.

I personally felt like Hillary should have made Bernie Vice President while intimating that he would have a more active role than vice presidents have had in the past in order to fold in Bernie supporters.

The fact is the DNC did not respect Bernie supporters aka Reagan democrats (since not all Bernie supporters went with Trump or sat home I'm differentiating the groups).

They failed to capture the Reagan democrats and this is why we are here now. They have moved before and Clinton's team should have kept in mind that they could move again.

Nonsense
Jan 26, 2007

DaveWoo posted:

Why, because she said a mildly polite thing about Dean and put out a statement saying she was willing to work with Trump if he wanted to achieve progressive goals (spoiler alert: this will not happen)?

I mean, geez, the neo-libs won't even need to make an effort to keep their hold on the party at the rate you guys are kneecapping yourselves.

Nobody is going to disregard Warren, also who the gently caress is kneecapped? That one guy you are posting at? The Democrats were just wiped the gently caress out.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Matt Zerella
Oct 7, 2002

Norris'es are back baby. It's good again. Awoouu (fox Howl)

DaveWoo posted:

Dean deserves ZERO politeness. ZERO.

• Locked thread