Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
PizzaProwler
Nov 4, 2009

Or you can see me at The Riviera. Tuesday nights.
Pillowfights with Dominican mothers.

Bad Moon posted:

Peak Season 2 and peak Arrow to me will always be

That scene is loving iconic to me. It was everything that the show did right condensed into a great TV moment. The Arrow thread exploded that night.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somewhat Heroic
Oct 11, 2007

(Insert Mad Max related text)

This season has been on fire. Season two was simply some of the finest television that the CW has ever produced. Season three was great, season four was slow. I think the show is better when Ollie is with laurel and felicity was just back ground noise and Ollie is too busy dropping bodies.

The Christopher Chance fella with all of his 'ah HA!' reveals kept making me think of Gene Parmesan from arrested development. So I was obviously disappointed at all of them when Lucile Bluth was nowhere to be found.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Bad Moon posted:

Peak Season 2 and peak Arrow to me will always be

:respek:

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Oh god why does it burn?!
Aw yeah. Starting things off in Predator Vision.

edit: Man, Diggle really isn't taking going stir-crazy very well, is he?

Zebulon fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Nov 17, 2016

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

she had tiny Italian boobs.
Well that's my story.

Vigilante is cooler than Guardian.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

More goofy arrows. :kimchi:

J33uk
Oct 24, 2005
Little behind but the only guy selling 5.56 hollow points? Star City gun shops loving suck

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Creepy little garbage eaters

Whatever happened to Thea's bloodlust?

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

howe_sam posted:

Supposedly cured by DarhhhHHHhhhhhk doing something to her, IIRC.

And man, this show really is fun again. "How do you feel about robbing a bank..?"

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

howe_sam posted:

Nyssa got the cure from Katana.

Zebulon
Aug 20, 2005

Well ain't that some poo poo for a cliffhanger.

nooneofconsequence
Oct 30, 2012

Well that's my story.

Evelyn nooooooooooooooooooo

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Lord please don't let the crossover suck.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
That was a fun episode. Cautiously optimistic about the season though. That 4 Night Crossover. I can't wait.

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew
Everybody talking about E2 Laurel coming on the show clearly don't realize what it will do to Quentin. Poor guy would probably just implode with grief and confusion.

Really great episode and kinda obvious even to people who don't know comics that the DA fella is the Vigilante. Also this reporter lady/Ollie romance is kinda shoehorned in but it isn't too in the way. It seems like the only drama we really get anymore is between the newbies and Ollie which I am okay with since it doesn't pop up too often. Do we have anymore theories about Prometheus's identity?

howe_sam
Mar 7, 2013

Sir Potato posted:

Do we have anymore theories about Prometheus's identity?

My guess is a resurrected by Flashpoint Laurel?

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Sir Potato posted:

Everybody talking about E2 Laurel coming on the show clearly don't realize what it will do to Quentin. Poor guy would probably just implode with grief and confusion.

Really great episode and kinda obvious even to people who don't know comics that the DA fella is the Vigilante. Also this reporter lady/Ollie romance is kinda shoehorned in but it isn't too in the way. It seems like the only drama we really get anymore is between the newbies and Ollie which I am okay with since it doesn't pop up too often. Do we have anymore theories about Prometheus's identity?

It's Tommy

Sir Potato
May 26, 2012

PO-TAY-TOES
Boil 'em, mash 'em, cook 'em in a stew

I can't tell you how much I would love this cause I've been rooting for Tommy to literally be anyone in a mask since he died.

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
Did anyone catch rag's t-shirt tonight? It was the animated drawing from Ah-Ha's Take On Me video. I'm old.

Carlosologist
Oct 13, 2013

Revelry in the Dark

Evelyn being the mole makes sense, she's the one most at odds with Oliver, but I do wonder what her motivation is

Its Rinaldo
Aug 13, 2010

CODS BINCH
It'd be nice to see Oliver "I beat Ra's Al Ghul" Queen win a fist fight once in awhile against villains without getting the poo poo kicked out of him first.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
The comic-book-show viewing world is losing their poo poo over Savitar and I have yet to see even a peep about how fantastic Vigilante was. Like, holy poo poo, I never expected him to ever make it to television and I am not disappointed. The costume is A+, perfectly comic accurate but has enough "tactical realism" to work on Arrow.

Too bad I know where his story is going.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Zebulon posted:

Well ain't that some poo poo for a cliffhanger.

proof that Arrow is resurgent is that the show is getting back to its roots: strip mining concepts and characters from the 80s' Wolfman/Perez run of The New Teen Titans. Deathstroke, Hive and more (non-Titans) from that era in previous seasons, now Vigilante and possibly The Judas Contract this season.

Seriously, ever since Slade popped up in Season 1 I've been hoping for a Judas Contract ripoff and now my hope is renewed.

Neon Knight
Jan 14, 2009

Rhyno posted:

The comic-book-show viewing world is losing their poo poo over Savitar and I have yet to see even a peep about how fantastic Vigilante was. Like, holy poo poo, I never expected him to ever make it to television and I am not disappointed. The costume is A+, perfectly comic accurate but has enough "tactical realism" to work on Arrow.

Too bad I know where his story is going.

The Vigilante I am familiar with wears a white cowboy hat, red bandana and two revolvers. I guess that version could still show up in a Jonah Hex episode of Legends maybe.

This one was cool though. Overall a big improvement over last week which had perhaps the worst sequence Arrow has ever had. The night market panic was hilariously bad. Someone screams "Throwin Star Killer" and like 12 normal Citizens just star firing wildly into the air/crowd. Just what our new heroes are training for, an opportunity to walk up to a cowering person and help them walk somewhere else safely.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005
I did laugh at the director using the take where you see Oliver jump up onto the bank counter. It just seemed less dramatic and like they missed an editing cue.

Titan
Jan 14, 2002
I don't understand why they're so opposed to Oliver himself killing. Doesn't Wild Dog shoot mother fuckers every chance he gets?

Mr Beens
Dec 2, 2006

Titan posted:

I don't understand why they're so opposed to Oliver himself killing. Doesn't Wild Dog shoot mother fuckers every chance he gets?

Yup. His only skill is pointless Roy flipping and duel wielding pistols. And being the 3rd guy from Reaper I just realised.

This season is much better. There are some things that annoy the hell out of me though.

Thea is boring as gently caress.
They have a super powered bulletproof mummy on the team. But don't let him actually do anything.
Curtis and Evelyn's masks are dumb as gently caress. Evelyn has the normal rubber magic face sticking thing, but then paints on a perfect movie make up blended strap for some reason. Curtis is even worse - rubber eye bits with some thin bits down the side of his face and chin, then they paint in over his nose and mouth to make a pointless T (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5584152/mediaviewer/rm3156674048). How long does it take him to do each time? And his cornrows.

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo
The T is for Terrific, because he's Mr. Terrific

R-Type
Oct 10, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
I think in this particular series it's actually Mr. Terrible :sad:

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

howe_sam posted:

My guess is a resurrected by Flashpoint Laurel?

I would laugh myself stupid for how much of a troll this would be for people who skipped the rest of last season after she died.

Then I'd start vomiting and never stop.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Laurel is coming back in the crossover, Kara's gonna zip around the world superfast and reverse time and poo poo.

nine-gear crow
Aug 10, 2013
If anything, Thawne going "I have a time machine, get in bitch!" to Dahrk and whisking him away out of the proper timeline on Legends may well resurrect Laurel more than Flashpoint, but we'll see.

Chokes McGee
Aug 7, 2008

This is Urotsuki.

nine-gear crow posted:

If anything, Thawne going "I have a time machine, get in bitch!" to Dahrk and whisking him away out of the proper timeline on Legends may well resurrect Laurel more than Flashpoint, but we'll see.

Oh my gods I love this image and would like to watch it instead of Legends. Just Eobard carting his evil buddies around like Bill and Ted.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Fuckin Trump Riot posted:

Oh my gods I love this image and would like to watch it instead of Legends. Just Eobard carting his evil buddies around like Bill and Ted.

Timeless already beat LoT to major Bill & Ted references but I'd be okay if they went and grabbed every bad guy from every episode of Arrow and Flash and the assembled heroes had to deal with all of them at once.

Dead Snoopy
Mar 23, 2005

Mr Beens posted:

Yup. His only skill is pointless Roy flipping and duel wielding pistols. And being the 3rd guy from Reaper I just realised.

This season is much better. There are some things that annoy the hell out of me though.

They have a super powered bulletproof mummy on the team. But don't let him actually do anything.
Curtis and Evelyn's masks are dumb as gently caress. Evelyn has the normal rubber magic face sticking thing, but then paints on a perfect movie make up blended strap for some reason. Curtis is even worse - rubber eye bits with some thin bits down the side of his face and chin, then they paint in over his nose and mouth to make a pointless T (http://www.imdb.com/title/tt5584152/mediaviewer/rm3156674048). How long does it take him to do each time? And his cornrows.

It really feels like we're just marking time until the B-team is killed, which is a shame because I'll miss Rag Man and Wild Dog

Titan
Jan 14, 2002

Mr Beens posted:

That's another thing that's weird. Ragman is a legit superhero with superpowers. Not just a super well trained, focused, and athletic human like Oliver. He could handle any situation by himself.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Dead Snoopy posted:

It really feels like we're just marking time until the B-team is killed, which is a shame because I'll miss Rag Man and Wild Dog

I'm hoping against hope that they pull through the season and become the Outsiders/7 Soldiers/SOMETHING.

Hollismason
Jun 30, 2007
Feel free to disregard this post.

It is guaranteed to be lazy, ignorant, and/or uninformed.
They could end it and restart as Green Arrow and the Outsiders. It'd be really good. Season 5 is suppose to be the "last".

edit:

Also, watching Legends of Tommorow and honestly the show isn't that bad.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
Where have they said season five would be the last? Ratings are still good enough to continue I thought?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Guy Goodbody
Aug 31, 2016

by Nyc_Tattoo

Hollismason posted:

They could end it and restart as Green Arrow and the Outsiders. It'd be really good. Season 5 is suppose to be the "last".

That's what I've been saying. They need to change formats after season 5 anyway, because they're out of flashbacks. Switching to an ensemble piece would prevent them having to do the "Oliver can't trust people" and "Oliver can't decide if killing is good" storylines over and over again. Plus it'd let Amell skip the odd episode so he can do other projects.

• Locked thread