Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Subjunctive
Sep 12, 2006

✨sparkle and shine✨

Picnic Princess posted:

You'd think with making over $6 million with a $15,000 goal they could pay for the shipping themselves.

Except they made that by having people order a lot of units, which each need to be shipped. It's not like they got $6M for $15K worth of cubes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

treiz01 posted:

And that's what I meant, it's literally pointless.

drat, dude, you should really consider what you think a 'point' is if you really believe this.

CommonShore
Jun 6, 2014

A true renaissance man

it's blunt and not sharp or needle-like :ese:

Therefore pointless

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

I backed the Fidget Cube and saw that tattoo in their like, update email or whatever :psyduck:

Motherfuckers your company just made 6M when you expected 15K, and you can't shell out for a decent tattoo? Ffs.

Heath
Apr 30, 2008

🍂🎃🏞️💦

Somfin posted:

drat, dude, you should really consider what you think a 'point' is if you really believe this.

The understood function of switches and buttons is to produce an effect elsewhere within their own system. These buttons aren't connected to anything except other buttons which reciprocate the effect endlessly. Thus, nothing of value is produced by the action of pushing the button. You can click a pen endlessly too, but nobody in the history of anything ever has defended that action as having a point, and at least that has a function beyond simply being there to click.

goodness
Jan 3, 2012

When the light turns green, you go. When the light turns red, you stop. But what do you do when the light turns blue with orange and lavender spots?

Heath posted:

The understood function of switches and buttons is to produce an effect elsewhere within their own system. These buttons aren't connected to anything except other buttons which reciprocate the effect endlessly. Thus, nothing of value is produced by the action of pushing the button. You can click a pen endlessly too, but nobody in the history of anything ever has defended that action as having a point, and at least that has a function beyond simply being there to click.

Their point is to help someone that has ADHD or other concentration problems. A pen was not made to do this, this object is

dpack_1
Mar 23, 2009

Let another's wounds be your warning

Heath posted:

As Goodness said, this object is 'connected' to something. Each click, flick, press, spin, fiddle or whatever is psychologically linked to the operator, and each action they impart on the device helps them focus on the more important matter they are facing at that time.

If you want to just say you don't believe this stuff has a purpose then come out and say that, but your opinion would be flat out wrong.

I'm lucky enough that I don't suffer with such a condition but can still appreciate how this can and will have a positive effect on those that actually benefit from it and not just those buying it to have the new and hip executive toy.

Frozen Pizza Party
Dec 13, 2005

Another thing is those fidget spinner toy things (SFTMDesign on etsy, shameless plug) that people got into recently. I don't see the appeal, but a lot of folks do and even say they help with anxiety etc.

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

treiz01 posted:

And that's what I meant, it's literally pointless.

Omg you're stupidliterally pointless.

sleppy
Dec 25, 2008

That guy being a founder of the cube makes it better to have but way worse that it's so bad.

Frozen Pizza Party posted:

Another thing is those fidget spinner toy things (SFTMDesign on etsy, shameless plug) that people got into recently. I don't see the appeal, but a lot of folks do and even say they help with anxiety etc.

These got brought up in the recent purchases thread during a similar argument about fidget cubes. They seem cooler but I'm too lazy to make my own and too cheap to pay for them.

sleppy posted:

I'm not fidgety enough to buy a toy specifically for that, but these things popped up on youtube and looked like fun to play with, so I googled the name.
Turns out they cost $150 to pre-order, and hundreds had previously joined a waiting list to pay double that. Some videos people mention having to pay up to $700 resale for it.

This guy talks nearly half an hour about a piece of metal on a bearing. Seeing all of this quickly put me off of any EDC junk, but to each their own.

ladron
Sep 15, 2007

eso es lo que es
I apologize to everyone for asking...
A space age toaster would have been cooler and caused less of a derail maybe.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE
I googled high tech toaster tattoo and all that came up were The Brave Little Toaster tatts.

I did see this though:

It's well done but that pastel green color is just awful.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Field Mousepad posted:

I googled high tech toaster tattoo and all that came up were The Brave Little Toaster tatts.

I did see this though:

it's like that ice tea can all over again

Chichevache
Feb 17, 2010

One of the funniest posters in GIP.

Just not intentionally.

Field Mousepad posted:

I did see this though:

Yeah, beautiful tattoo except for the gangrene look.

Kwyndig
Sep 23, 2006

Heeeeeey

Chichevache posted:

Yeah, beautiful tattoo except for the gangrene look.

Agreed, the person is good, the leaves look fine, but the green and red spots is just ugly and terrible.

cool kids inc.
May 27, 2005

I swallowed a bug

I think maybe after it heals a bit, settles into the skin, it won't be so.....ill looking.

Field Mousepad
Mar 21, 2010
BAE

sweeperbravo posted:

it's like that ice tea can all over again

That's why I posted it. You could just make it a shade or two darker and it would look fine but ugh.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)
the blobs make it look like a psychedelic piza

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

cool kids inc. posted:

I think maybe after it heals a bit, settles into the skin, it won't be so.....ill looking.

Also probably changes a lot depending on what light is hitting it. Bare florescents make everything look a little ill.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Heath posted:

I'm sorry nobody's kickstarted a cube that helps with autism for you.

Johnny Truant
Jul 22, 2008

Clitch posted:

I'm sorry nobody's kickstarted a cube that helps with autism for you.

Good thing SA posting is your autism outlet!

theflyingexecutive
Apr 22, 2007

super size soft serve posted:

drat, I wanted to get one of those cubes based on the posts above, but the loving shipping is as expensive as the thing itself.

Just wait for a real company to buy them out or get a knockoff from AliExpress. That cooler with the blender and poo poo cost $400 from the kickstarter people but $180 from amazon, and the latter shipped before the former did.

Clitch
Feb 26, 2002

I lived through
Donald Trump's presidency
and all I got was
this lousy virus

Johnny Truant posted:

Good thing SA posting is your autism outlet!

I only post on SA while I'm waiting for my model trains' paint to dry.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

Then one day I meet a man,
He came to me and said,
"Hard work good and hard work fine,
but first take care of head"
Grimey Drawer
The fidget club is pointless as there are already like, millions of objects in the world to fiddle with if one really needs them.

Here you go, please mail me $6million.

Crab Dad
Dec 28, 2002

behold i have tempered and refined thee, but not as silver; as CRAB

For just $5 I'll teach you the secrets of pocket pool.

Flipperwaldt
Nov 11, 2011

Won't somebody think of the starving hamsters in China?

bongwizzard posted:

The fidget club is pointless as there are already like, millions of objects in the world to fiddle with if one really needs them.

Please, also stop designing cars and clothes as hundreds of earlier designed, perfectly adequate alternatives already exist.

Beer_Suitcase
May 3, 2005

Verily, the whip is ghost riding.

This just showed up on my FB feed. I do live in Eugene Oregon so the streets are running with liberal tears and this tattoo doesn't surprise me.

TotalLossBrain
Oct 20, 2010

Hier graben!
what a strange-looking penis.

Somfin
Oct 25, 2010

In my🦚 experience🛠️ the big things🌑 don't teach you anything🤷‍♀️.

Nap Ghost

Flipperwaldt posted:

Please, also stop designing cars and clothes as hundreds of earlier designed, perfectly adequate alternatives already exist.

Why are you in a room don't you know that a 'thing that keeps rain off your head while you sleep' already exists

It's called 'find a cave' shitlords, please send me a .ppt of all of the money spent on buildings in the last twenty millenia

Bombadilillo
Feb 28, 2009

The dock really fucks a case or nerfing it.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

This just showed up on my FB feed. I do live in Eugene Oregon so the streets are running with liberal tears and this tattoo doesn't surprise me.

I dont get it

Humbug Scoolbus
Apr 25, 2008

The scarlet letter was her passport into regions where other women dared not tread. Shame, Despair, Solitude! These had been her teachers, stern and wild ones, and they had made her strong, but taught her much amiss.
Clapping Larry

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont get it

http://www.nytimes.com/2016/11/14/fashion/safety-pin-ally-activism.html

Sinestro
Oct 31, 2010

The perfect day needs the perfect set of wheels.
edit: I forgot I wasn't in C-SPAM, that's probably not the right tone to take

Sinestro has a new favorite as of 07:00 on Nov 20, 2016

Samfucius
Sep 8, 2010

And if you gaze long enough into a nest, the nest will gaze back into you.

Beer_Suitcase posted:

Sup, Eugene Bud

Scratch Monkey
Oct 25, 2010

👰Proč bychom se netěšili🥰když nám Pán Bůh🙌🏻zdraví dá💪?

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont get it

It's a thing white people invented to make themselves feel like heroes

Pigsfeet on Rye
Oct 22, 2008

I'm meat on the hoof

Bombadilillo posted:

I dont get it

A physical manifestation of slacktivism.

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I mean I guess the pointless box guys should be lauded for finding a new and novel way to get spastic idiots to part with their money.

Bunni-kat
May 25, 2010

Service Desk B-b-bunny...
How can-ca-caaaaan I
help-p-p-p you?

bongwizzard posted:

I mean I guess the pointless box guys should be lauded for finding a new and novel way to get spastic idiots to part with their money.

Show me on the doll where the fidgeter touched you.

Philippe
Aug 9, 2013

(she/her)

Here, and here, and here, and here...

there wolf
Jan 11, 2015

by Fluffdaddy

bongwizzard posted:

Don't those click? I've made fidget bracelets for kids, and the big thing there is something you can play with that wont make any noise and thus be a distraction for others in class.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

bongwizzard
May 19, 2005

He came to me and said,
Grimey Drawer
I literally didn't consider that anyone would play with one of those things in front of other people.

But to end a dumb derail, here is a dumb tattoo:

It is the beginning of a.........I don't remember. It was a cut-n-ink scarification piece that I started on when I was like 19. The girl who was doing the cutting thought her roommate was out of town for the night but nope so we had to stop and it never got finished. Drugs are a hell of a drug, be careful out there kids.