Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

A Spider Covets

RazzleDazzleHour posted:

It doesn't help that Hau keeps talking about PMC's either :colbert:

Hahaha

I really am not a fan of him, he's too happy go lucky for me. But Ilima and Lillie are great so I tend to stop to read their dialogue. Who is your favorite new pokemon?

Husband just beat Tyranny and said it was great, he doesn't even like that genre of game usually but enjoyed this one. A big part of that he said was because of attention to minor details (for example he chose to be silent as a response to most people in the game, and someone at the end asked him about it) and the fact that youre p much the bad guys. I plan on playing it next, gonna be bros with the Defilers.

A Spider Covets fucked around with this message at 06:33 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

I have no excuse now and I played off and on for probably 4 or 5 hours today. This is why I stopped playing video games a long time ago.

For me it's a money thing. There's maybe two or three titles I would play if I had new consoles, but I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for MGS or new Zeldas, etc. When I do play it's mostly older games.

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

A Spider Covets

vanisher posted:

For me it's a money thing. There's maybe two or three titles I would play if I had new consoles, but I can't justify paying hundreds of dollars for MGS or new Zeldas, etc. When I do play it's mostly older games.

Have you ever looked into the Raspberry Pi? It's like a console emulator, you buy it, set it up, and can download hundreds of old Nintendo titles onto it and play them on the TV. I think it would be right up your alley, cheaper than investing in new series and systems + endless fountain of old games.

It's also great for hanging out with friends, sometimes we load it up and play fighting games or look for the weirdest, most obscure games we can find.

Three-Phase

by zen death robot
I'm kinda jonesing to play some IIDX. But I haven't played in years.

If I ever buy a house I might see if I can get an old Happy Sky or Distorted cabinet for under $10k.

----------------
This thread brought to you by a tremendous dickhead!

Hello Meow
Are there active PS4 Goon networks for Titanfall 2

Scaly Haylie

Guys I'm real conflicted about the new pokemon. I want it, but everything good I've heard seems to be from a die-hard fan perspective whereas I haven't really really enjoyed a pokemon game since gen 2. Anyone else in the same boat, and if so what do you think of Sun/Moon?

Awesome!

Ready for adventure!

Hello Meow posted:

Are there active PS4 Goon networks for Titanfall 2

check the op of the thread in games

Lacedaemonius

Rub a dub dub
Has anyone ever actually beat The Longest Journey? I just reinstalled today for the dozenth time--no exaggeration--and already I'm questioning my odds.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
It's safe to say I'm drunk right now, and it's also a fact that I have never played FF 7 and I also just took the next week off of workl. so, yeah.. someone please encourage me to play FFVII, thank you.

Awesome winter sig by Symbolic, love it!

Lovely sig by the masterful Matoi Ryuko, thanks!

Plebian Parasite

Dick Bastardly posted:

It's safe to say I'm drunk right now, and it's also a fact that I have never played FF 7 and I also just took the next week off of workl. so, yeah.. someone please encourage me to play FFVII, thank you.

You should play FF7. Consider this your official encouragement. You are a rad dude and FF7 is for rad people.

Scaly Haylie

Not only should you play FFVII, you should also name everyone Sephiroth while doing so.

Lacedaemonius

Rub a dub dub

Dick Bastardly posted:

Have you played a RPG maker game before? y/n

If y, congratulations, you have played FFVII. Watch the scene where erin or eric or ari or whoever dies and you're all set.

Scaly Haylie

But no really, play FFVII

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Ok, Iv'e made it my mission to play an finish FFVII in the next 7 days.

symbolic

it's destiny

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Will post updates as I play :haw:

Scaly Haylie

Please please please name everyone Sephiroth.

Quidthulhu

Stand down, men! It's only smooching!

Dick Bastardly posted:

Will post updates as I play :haw:

Make a thread and update screenshots! Name a character after me!!

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
Guys, Iv'e run into an issue.... maybe it's that I'm too intoxicated at the moment... or maybe it's the fact that I left my USB controller far far away and using the keyboard is not doing it for me. I will go buy another USB controller tomorrow, updates to follow.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Dick Bastardly posted:

In college I bought a ps1 and ff7 because i'd seen several friends playing it and i skipped class for 13 days to drink and smoke, play it and beat it. I loved it. I hope you do to.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Luvcow posted:

In college I bought a ps1 and ff7 because i'd seen several friends playing it and i skipped class for 13 days to drink and smoke, play it and beat it. I loved it. I hope you do to.

It's been on my to do list for waaaaaaaay too long, and I've decided it's time. However, with my current setup, it's just not doing it for me. I shall go purchase another USB controller tomorrow and restart. Steam got weird after I Alt-tabbed out and I had to re-start my comp. I feel like that can probably be avoided if I were a bit more sober and using a USB controller. Does anyone have any suggestions on the matter of buying a new one?

Scaly Haylie

Dualshock 4 is easy enough to set up as a USB controller and it's very good

FreshCutFries

Lacedaemonius posted:

Has anyone ever actually beat The Longest Journey? I just reinstalled today for the dozenth time--no exaggeration--and already I'm questioning my odds.

don't be ashamed to look at a guide if you're hopelessly stuck. that game has some of the worst examples of adventure game logic ever, and the story is meant to be the focus anyways.

seriously where else do you pick up a key through a complex series of events involving a band aid, a rubber pool toy, a seagull, and the ring given to you by your dead father.

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

FF7 is available for iOS with an option to level everyone to 99 and turn off random battles if you want to just see the plot...

....but it's a good game to whip out and grind through a few battles while you're waiting in line or w/e so the level 99 thing is just a bonus

Scaly Haylie

I bought Pokemon Sun.

Quidthulhu

Lizard Wizard posted:

I bought Pokemon Sun.

I will buy Moon and we can be friends!!

Scaly Haylie

Quidthulhu posted:

In a way, you already have Moon.

vanisher

Luvcow posted:

I purchased FF7 with money from my first job. I got a whole $150 doing part time bag boy work and spent it all on a PS1 and FF7. Is this video game confessions did I walk into the wrong thread

Side note 'video game confessions' is a good thread title

Sig images courtesy of the talented Luvcow, Dumb Sex-Parrot, & Death Sext

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
After doing some research on USB controller button mapping and what have-you-for the Steam port of FF7, I've decided just to write down the keyboard keys on a sticky note and go from there. It seems not much care was taken to modernize this classic for the Steam platform and that's kinda lovely. I do not have a PS3/4 before anyone asks.

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

vanisher posted:

I purchased FF7 with money from my first job. I got a whole $150 doing part time bag boy work and spent it all on a PS1 and FF7. Is this video game confessions did I walk into the wrong thread

Side note 'video game confessions' is a good thread title

:):hf::)

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!
I must've been drunk as hell because the keyboard controls aren't really that hard to grasp now.

Dick Bastardly

Muttley is SKYNET!!!

Quidthulhu posted:

Make a thread and update screenshots! Name a character after me!!

I'm really not sure I want to do a full blown Let's Play of this (not outside the realm of possibility though).. but here's a little treat for you quid.

myDad

ce n'est pas ma mère
So I bought Owlboy & I'm pretty happy about it
The game is a love letter to Zelda & done in the best way

sig by vanisher™®

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

Dick Bastardly posted:

I'm really not sure I want to do a full blown Let's Play of this (not outside the realm of possibility though).. but here's a little treat for you quid.

Please keep us updated, it's very nice nostalgia

Luvcow

One day nearer spring

myDad posted:

So I bought Owlboy & I'm pretty happy about it
The game is a love letter to Zelda & done in the best way

A couple years ago a friend gave me Oceanhorn: Monster of Uncharted Seas and I found it really fun and a nice homage to Zelda

A Spider Covets

Quidthulhu posted:

If you want more friends I can post my FC in a few hours! I have been breeding female pokemon for the GTS and have lots of spare lady salandits, male eevees and oodles of vulpixes. Trying to get more dittos too.

bare bottom pancakes

Production: Complete

Luvcow posted:

Please keep us updated, it's very nice nostalgia

Seconded

Rockman Reserve

"Carbons? Purge? What are you talking about?!"

i have Pokémon sun and it is good

Scaly Haylie

food court bailiff posted:

i have Pokémon sun and it is good

Me too. I picked Popplio.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Quidthulhu

I grabbed Moon! I'll figure out my NintendoID or whatever later and we can all have fun~