Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Chalks posted:

If FYAD is an echo chamber then the echos would just be various fart noises. I'm not sure that's the right use of the term.

Actually, that sounds about spot on.

All cool taxx cats know pizza is gud:

CrazyLoon fucked around with this message at 17:33 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

smellmycheese posted:

I thought one of the biggest rules at SA was to "LURK MOAR" before posting in threads.

Yet here we've had a mod descend on a thread, with a couple of his desperately unfunny lackeys, who admits a) he's not read the thread b) doesn't know any of the posters c) doesn't understand the thread's humour and running jokes, and then immediately start handing out probations and bans, and worse trying to crack "funnies" and typing "LMAO" to his FYAD buddies pathetic attempts at humour.

You are being too harsh

ArfJason posted:

*ring ring*

MEI LING: Hey Snake, what can I do for you?

SAVE
DO NOT SAVE

SNAKE: I'm 99.999999% sure it's just bullshit from fyad meanies trying to ruin people's fun after they got GBS shut down.

MEI LING: Remember, Snake, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man how to locate people through extensive NSA computer background checks to zero in their global position coordinates, and you'll make him laugh forever,and not look like a hosed up weirdo who has multiple paid forum accounts and a combined total word count about the fail rear end videogame to outdo the library of congress."

SNAKE: Their pink forum is a retarded circlejerk even worse than this one and they have been hilariously insecure about every fyad-lite.

*Beep*

my rectum actually did prolapse from so much laughing half way through reading this. This stuff should come with a warning, I'm not used to this much concentrated funny.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

ArfJason posted:

*ring ring*

MEI LING: Hey Snake, what can I do for you?

SAVE
DO NOT SAVE

SNAKE: I'm 99.999999% sure it's just bullshit from fyad meanies trying to ruin people's fun after they got GBS shut down.

MEI LING: Remember, Snake, "Give a man a fish and you feed him for a day; teach a man how to locate people through extensive NSA computer background checks to zero in their global position coordinates, and you'll make him laugh forever,and not look like a hosed up weirdo who has multiple paid forum accounts and a combined total word count about the fail rear end videogame to outdo the library of congress."

SNAKE: Their pink forum is a retarded circlejerk even worse than this one and they have been hilariously insecure about every fyad-lite.

*Beep*

You are a tremendously bad poster.

Google Butt posted:

you seem really upset about mods and fyad. it might be time for a break from the net, my dude.

What happened with you, Google Butt? I remember you coming into the Discord, and you seemed to be a really cool dude. Now it's like you're all anti-SC thread.

Libluini
May 18, 2012

I gravitated towards the Greens, eventually even joining the party itself.

The Linke is a party I grudgingly accept exists, but I've learned enough about DDR-history I can't bring myself to trust a party that was once the SED, a party leading the corrupt state apparatus ...
Grimey Drawer

MeLKoR posted:

You know Butt, I've been here for so long I don't even know where to go when SA goes down one day. Reddit is a shithole, god, the entire internet is a shithole. Worrisome as that perspective may be I will face that day with stoicism, happy in the knowledge that FYAD is even more hosed than me.

FYAD posters could really use a break from their echo chamber. Or maybe I'm wrong and the gang will fit right in on 4chan. :shrug:

If SA ever goes down we'll probably suddenly do something productive with our time, so don't worry about this.

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
y'all are being embarrassing about this.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I love my dumb thread and every whiny rear end in a top hat who tells me I'm pathetic for posting in it

Lladre
Jun 28, 2011

Soiled Meat

The Titanic posted:

You caught me before my edit. Jif, not jig. :)

Maybe I've been wrong forever! But it's what it was called when I first heard the term. :shrug:

Serves you right for hanging around greasy nerds for twenty some odd years.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Hillary Clintons Thong posted:

y'all are being embarrassing about this.

Finally something we can all halfway agree on

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?
regardless of how you pronounce it, some one is going to correct you

CHICKEN SHOES
Oct 4, 2002
Slippery Tilde
I apologize to the thread for asking D_Smart how he pronounces something inconsequential

Colostomy Bag
Jan 11, 2016

:lesnick: C-Bangin' it :lesnick:

Nickiepoo posted:

I mean honestly it's 2016 and I'm still posting on forums because gently caress social media oldmanshoutsatcloud.jpg plz don't make me be a reddit

:same:

CrazyLoon
Aug 10, 2015

"..."

Nicholas posted:

regardless of how you pronounce it, some one is going to correct you

Personally, I think the answer to the pizza question is far more damning.

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

I preferred the thread before it was dumb, but then Derek posted the OP and here we are.

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

I am loving this new era of Star Citizen posting. Still sad my main man MoMA wasn't made moderator though

Nicholas
Mar 7, 2001

Were those not fine days, when we drank of clear honey, and spoke in calm tones of our love for the stuff?

CrazyLoon posted:

what was the pizza question. does it involve folding or toppings

Chalks
Sep 30, 2009

CrazyLoon posted:

Urm, I think you'll find it's pronounced Jizza.

Scruffpuff
Dec 23, 2015

Fidelity. Wait, was I'm working on again?

MedicineHut posted:

Meanwhile at CIG...

When VR in 2D makes Star Citizen a completely different game

Quoting this because I think it's important to note, for those unfamiliar with VR, that this guy installed Virtual Desktop in order to play Star Citizen, and got a "sense of awe" from it. Virtual Desktop is exactly what it says on the tin: a virtual environment in which you can see a flat, 2D representation of your PC's monitor.

Your environment might be in 3D, but your display, alas, is simply a flat screen. (Yes there are ways to do 3D video and get actual 3D, but Star Citizen is not coded in such a way.)

So this guy plays the exact same 2D experience he gets on his ordinary monitor, but with a VR headset, fully bypassing the purpose of VR, claims it gives a "sense of awe" and begins extrapolating his ridiculous experience into what the future of Star Citizen will be when VR is "turned on."

These people are loving pathological.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
I pronounce pizza [pi:tha] with a soft castilian z-sound to show that I'm both pedantic and stupid beyond relief

Fatkraken
Jun 23, 2005

Fun-time is over.

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

I pronounce pizza [pi:tha] with a soft castilian z-sound to show that I'm both pedantic and stupid beyond relief

I pronounce it like the leaning tower, and only eat it with pineapple on.

XK
Jul 9, 2001

Star Citizen is everywhere. It is all around us. Even now, in this very room. You can see it's fidelity when you look out your window or when you watch youtube

I love my dumb thread and every whiny rear end in a top hat who tells me I'm pathetic for posting in it

The mods and admins seem to have a weird hate for laugh threads. The XBox One thread was hated. The Bitcoin thread was ejected from GBS. The Microsoft thread only lives on in YOSPOS. This SC thread gets tons of hate. It seems like only YOSPOS tolerates schadenfreude type threads.

What's so wrong with a thread full of people laughing at something?

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Scruffpuff posted:

Quoting this because I think it's important to note, for those unfamiliar with VR, that this guy installed Virtual Desktop in order to play Star Citizen, and got a "sense of awe" from it. Virtual Desktop is exactly what it says on the tin: a virtual environment in which you can see a flat, 2D representation of your PC's monitor.

Your environment might be in 3D, but your display, alas, is simply a flat screen. (Yes there are ways to do 3D video and get actual 3D, but Star Citizen is not coded in such a way.)

So this guy plays the exact same 2D experience he gets on his ordinary monitor, but with a VR headset, fully bypassing the purpose of VR, claims it gives a "sense of awe" and begins extrapolating his ridiculous experience into what the future of Star Citizen will be when VR is "turned on."

I think the have to have the 3d-slider enabled or Nintendo won't greenlight the 3ds port

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

Propagandist posted:

Today I am hollow - empty. A soldier without a leader, I've no pride, no cause, no valour.

I don't know yet what they will call yesterday. Bloody Sunday? The Parpsday Massacre? It doesn't matter what the younger generations will call it. I've lived it; I need no sensational catchphrase to remind me of that day. The void in my mind will suffice.

Where should I go? What's the next crossroads I'm rolling towards? Does it matter? Will it? Perhaps I can rest my head against a fortunately carved rock in this desert dry, and embrace what dreams may come. The sun's setting soon; nothing but mirages off in the distance, and the occasional cactus.

But I long for something more than a warm bed. There's a thirst no canteen can quench, a hunger no slop can sate, that groans in my belly. I long for a purpose. I'm no man to forge my own path, I've always latched onto the will of those greater than myself. Propagandist the Lesser, they could call me. Propagandist the Loyal, I'd interject. I know the righteous path when I see it, I just need guidance to spot it.

And as I lay down, aching in muscles I didn't know I had, I turn my head east (keeps the sun out my eyes while it sets), and I spy four figures, gesturing towards me. I'm startled - who the hell is wandering this arid wasteland, other than my own sad self? I nearly tripped over my own rock pillow as I jumped to my feet.

Four men? No, they're closer now. Two... and a half... and a half again! They continue closer.

The first two figures seem friendly: It's a man and his dog. The dog's got goggles for some reason. Must be from strange lands. Some place called "Floor-da". Never seen that on a map.

Another man, smells of ale. And armpits. The stench is strong, but his steely gaze seems reassuring. He's quiet.

Last figure's just a donkey. No saddle, no pack, no blinders, just a naked donkey. I asked why they don't ride it, or at least let the beast carry their burdens. The dog, surprisingly, spoke. Said "packs are useless, he's deaf and dumb". Seems that the rear end follows them and keeps mostly to himself, so they let him alone.

I don't know these men, but they beckon me to follow. Said they're on an adventure, that there's a great jester in the West, and they're going to see him. Admissions free, which is fortunate since I've not two coins to rub together. I hoist my bag on my shoulder, hopeful again that I'll find my own purpose. I leave my lonely rock behind, and start this new path in earnest.

Here you go, downtrodden goon

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Fatkraken posted:

I pronounce it like the leaning tower, and only eat it with pineapple on.

I make my pineapple pizza with pinecones and apples

Like God intended :colbert:

Ash1138
Sep 29, 2001

Get up, chief. We're just gettin' started.

choosy mods choose gif

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Someday I will make a pickled herring pizza with parsley and dill, roasted tiny potatoes and sour cream

Stunt_enby
Feb 6, 2010

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
what the gently caress...

SirPhoebos
Dec 10, 2007

WELL THAT JUST HAPPENED!

Honestly I'm surprised Derek didn't get banned sooner.

Enjoy
Apr 18, 2009
make a salad fromthe salty tears and sour grapes of star citizenry

Daztek
Jun 2, 2006

Someday I will make a pickled herring pizza with parsley and dill, roasted tiny potatoes and sour cream

I keep thinking you're FAU now

ripptide
Jul 28, 2016

And the gentrification of the thread continues.......drat preppies......

bird with big dick
Oct 21, 2015

Scruffpuff posted:

That guy is retarded. Virtual desktop = sitting very close to a very low res monitor. It's literally garbage for gaming.

D1E
Nov 25, 2001

scrubs season six posted:

That guy is retarded. Virtual desktop = sitting very close to a very low res monitor. It's literally garbage for gaming.

This goes without saying.

All Shitizens are retarded.

StraightFace
Feb 9, 2014

Chalks posted:

I preferred the thread before it was dumb, but then Derek posted the OP and here we are.

We need a new OP Beer

Theotus
Nov 8, 2014

What the heck is going on here??

Duckaerobics
Jul 22, 2007

Lipstick Apathy
I really wanted to post this bunny video the "pictures for sad children" guy made but it looks like the original vimeo is gone :(

All I found is this screenshot, does anyone remember this? It was called "You are a bad cat".

notoriousman
Nov 18, 2007

I'M AWARE I'M
AN IDIOT
The inmates run the asylum, we're busy eating our own. All hail the new flesh.

VideoGames
Aug 18, 2003

smellmycheese posted:

I thought one of the biggest rules at SA was to "LURK MOAR" before posting in threads.

Yet here we've had a mod descend on a thread, with a couple of his desperately unfunny lackeys, who admits a) he's not read the thread b) doesn't know any of the posters c) doesn't understand the thread's humour and running jokes, and then immediately start handing out probations and bans, and worse trying to crack "funnies" and typing "LMAO" to his FYAD buddies pathetic attempts at humour.

This is a bizarre post. One of the rules also states that you follow the forums guidelines and that mods/admins can enforce them. This what the admin did. They weren't unjustified probations and neither was the ban.

peter gabriel
Nov 8, 2011

Hello Commandos
We should hug this out, it feels like we should hug it out

Skellybones
May 31, 2011

Fun Shoe

Meridian posted:

What the heck is going on here??

Dreams

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU