Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Tired Moritz
Mar 25, 2012

wish Lowtax would get tired of YOUR POSTS

(n o i c e)
goddamn whats with harry nerds and their hatred of children? the books stars a kid and it's literally about the power of parental love, I'm so confused.

Tired Moritz has a new favorite as of 08:48 on Nov 21, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar
In my experience those types are the most likely to end up having kids and turning into those people who say "you'll regret it one day if you don't/you'll change your mind" to younger people. I knew several of that type of person in highschool and all but one is married with kids now and doing all the annoying facebook/blogging habits of the people they hated so much.

Also the "my spot" guy is an idiot - if you don't like people bothering you while you study, maybe don't study in public? Make room for customers that aren't going to just take up space nursing their 2 dollar coffee for 3 hours and go to a library or any of the large number of places that are better suited for studying.

gschmidl
Sep 3, 2011

watch with knife hands

"My dad accidentally texted me with voice recognition...while playing the tuba"

Saint Isaias Boner
Jan 17, 2007

hi how are you

yeah I eat rear end posted:

Also the "my spot" guy is an idiot - if you don't like people bothering you while you study, maybe don't study in public? Make room for customers that aren't going to just take up space nursing their 2 dollar coffee for 3 hours and go to a library or any of the large number of places that are better suited for studying.

the bit about a mother leaving a place because people were glaring at her and her wailing kid is purestrain stdh. after you've had a kid for about a day you stop giving 1/10ths of a gently caress about other people and their glares.

Kay Kessler
May 9, 2013

Thin Privilege posted:

OOooooooo I haven't posted a Childfree post for a while

She should be thanking that kid for preventing her from seeing that slog of a movie.

Antivehicular
Dec 30, 2011

I wanna sing one for the cars
That are right now headed silent down the highway
And it's dark and there is nobody driving And something has got to give

gschmidl posted:

"My dad accidentally texted me with voice recognition...while playing the tuba"

This is a delightful palate cleanser. Obviously STDH, if not a deliberate joke, but still, :3:

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

He hulked out and told the bully to knock it off? Sounds like Feminist Hulk.

https://mobile.twitter.com/feministhulk/status/714834051455004673

HULK ENGAGE IN CONSTRUCTIVE DIALOGUE WITH BULLY IN ATTEMPT TO SHOW ERROR OF WAYS.

Jonas Albrecht
Jun 7, 2012

Tired Moritz posted:

goddamn whats with harry nerds and their hatred of children? the books stars a kid and it's literally about the power of parental love, I'm so confused.

If they had any self-awareness they wouldn't be Childfree.

hogmartin
Mar 27, 2007

I've actually seen this happen IRL. Out of a whole class of maybe 30 qualifying on pistols, the guy who smokes everyone is from England and has never held a gun in his life. He didn't attribute it to arcade games though, just said that he didn't know what he was doing so he paid attention to everything the instructor said. Which kind of makes sense if he's up against 29 guys with an "I know what I'm doing, just shut up and let me at it" attitude.

Drunk Tomato
Apr 23, 2010

If God wanted us sober,
He'd knock the glass over.
Sometimes the Childfree stuff really gets me enraged, but then I realize that those types of people are usually not the kinds of people who I would like to make more people like them. So, for the sake of future generations, I hope the childfree movement grows even larger so they will be darwinned out of society forever.

Atmus
Mar 8, 2002

hogmartin posted:

I've actually seen this happen IRL. Out of a whole class of maybe 30 qualifying on pistols, the guy who smokes everyone is from England and has never held a gun in his life. He didn't attribute it to arcade games though, just said that he didn't know what he was doing so he paid attention to everything the instructor said. Which kind of makes sense if he's up against 29 guys with an "I know what I'm doing, just shut up and let me at it" attitude.

On top of which "Cousin" could have just been pumping him up, as loving family members are wont to do.

Furia
Jul 26, 2015

Grimey Drawer
Has the Harry Potter child free one been posted? You know, the one

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out
I have had cab drivers and other people I'm interacting with in the course of business ask about why I don't have children and go on to say that it was a shame I didn't have any children. "Do you have children?" is a pretty common conversation starter between strangers over 30, along with "What do you do for work?"

It's a little odd, but hardly a terrible outrage. So I believe 10% of that happened, the part where the driver asked if she had children.

Choco1980
Feb 22, 2013

I fell in love with a Video Nasty

Antivehicular posted:

This is a delightful palate cleanser. Obviously STDH, if not a deliberate joke, but still, :3:

I wish in my heart it was real though. :3:

sephiRoth IRA
Jun 13, 2007

"Science is not only compatible with spirituality; it is a profound source of spirituality."

-Carl Sagan

Furia posted:

Has the Harry Potter child free one been posted? You know, the one
It's my favorite internet thing ever, I think :3:

Edit: "shitling" makes me giggle every time

a real person posted this posted:

RANT TIME

Harry Potter book release: don't worry, no spoilers.

Showed up at seven, in full costume for a nine am release. Devoted no? I was one of the few to dress up, and I was the best-dressed. I'm not being vain, I honestly had the most detailed and accurate costume there.

We were told in line, that the best-dressed person in line gets to open the box and have the first Half-Blood Prince book. So, I'm a shoo-in, aren't I?

WRONG.

****ing moo brings her bratty sprog in at 8:59am dressed in a generic Kmart cape with stars and glitter and ****ing gaudy BLAH. Twig for a wand.

OMG WITTLE PWESHUS SO CUTE OMG YOU CAN OPEN THE BOX AND HAVE THIS BOOK YOU CAN'T READ AND *fawning fawning, blatant breederism etc*

THE ****ING KID WON'T EVEN REMEMBER THIS. THE BOX OPENING WAS MINE. MIIIIINE.

I wouldn't have minded if someone had said "Oh look Sass, you are best-dressed but would you mind if this land-mine amputee opened the box instead?" I would have said "Absolutely no problem. Go for it." But no. ****ING CROTCHDROPPING GETS THE HONOUR. I'm furious. On principle of course, not out of any sense of entitlement. Well yes, entitlement also. But I WORKED FOR IT, I DESERVED IT.

I made an effort. I spent money making an effort. I showed up early. I will remember and treasure this event for ever and eternity. And I'm passed over for an ugly little brat with a sparkly tie. Woo ****ing woo.

I didn't stab her in the eye with my wand. I WANTED to. I talked about doing so VERY ****ING LOUDLY. I was going to eviscerate her mother with the cover of my brand-new copy.

I ****ing hate breeders and child-lovers. ****ING GO TO HELL.

I'm so pissed about this, sorry. It's just that in ten years time, this kid won't remember what she was doing on July 16th 2005. In ten years time, I will be remembering how I was deprived of this nerdly honor by an opportunistic **** breeder and her shitling. I'm hurt. All my life, nothing has gotten to me more than being deliberately ignored, or passed over. Honestly; that's the sort of thing that can make me cry in public. Or key your car. Or viciously murder you and your family in the heat of frustration and never-ending denial Congratulations breeders, you win.

Edited to add: To all of you who are calling me immature etc, I'd like to add that you make a very good point, but have you considered GO **** YOURSELF? If you're so anal-retentive, go back to the other community and go on with your breeder-humping. Also, to the person who submitted this to fandom_wank, I seriously (no sarcasm) thank you. I've always wanted to be there!

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Sorry for the phone grab

Necrothatcher
Mar 26, 2005

Trebek posted:

Sorry for the phone grab

I think you can forgive a guy for assuming the 19 year old at the front desk is the secretary.

yeah I eat ass
Mar 14, 2005

only people who enjoy my posting can replace this avatar

AlbieQuirky posted:

I have had cab drivers and other people I'm interacting with in the course of business ask about why I don't have children and go on to say that it was a shame I didn't have any children. "Do you have children?" is a pretty common conversation starter between strangers over 30, along with "What do you do for work?"

It's a little odd, but hardly a terrible outrage. So I believe 10% of that happened, the part where the driver asked if she had children.

I hate it when cab drivers try and start a conversation with me. Small talk is fine but if you start asking me about what I do or whether I have kids it's too much. Mind your own business.

moerketid
Jul 3, 2012

A Real Letter

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

moerketid posted:

A Real Letter

Author forgot that satire is supposed to be witty or funny.

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Lol "neighborhood town watch"

Electrical Fire
Mar 29, 2010

areyoucontagious posted:

It's been over 10 years, did we ever get an update about how the author is still seething about this injustice?

Marius Pontmercy
Apr 2, 2007

Liberte
Egalite
Beyonce

Electrical Fire posted:

It's been over 10 years, did we ever get an update about how the author is still seething about this injustice?

With any luck, she has two kids.

sweeperbravo
May 18, 2012

AUNT GWEN'S COLD SHAPE (!)

Eponine posted:

With any luck, she has two kids.

named according to the fandom for sure

Fathis Munk
Feb 23, 2013

??? ?

areyoucontagious posted:

Thanks! I was looking for that one recently. It's so good.

Mr. Flunchy posted:

I think you can forgive a guy for assuming the 19 year old at the front desk is the secretary.

Which would not excuse hypothetical man being a hypothetical bitch to said secretary.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

How do you have a meeting scheduled with someone and not know their name?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

Bertrand Hustle posted:

I think the point is he wouldn't have had a meeting scheduled with the owner if he didn't know 19yr old womyn secretary was actually the owner probably

Speaking of which what the poo poo is the owner of a company doing at the front desk and how would you even begin to own a company at 19 unless you were a child prodigy or your daddy gave it to you

It's all so stdh that it hurts

Winter Stormer
Oct 17, 2012

Bertrand Hustle posted:

It sounded like a salesman trying to get his foot in the door, to me

Trebek
Mar 7, 2002
College Slice

Winter Stormer posted:

Yeah that's what I thought. I'm assuming this could have happened but the girl is actually the secretary or "executive assistant" whatever they are calling them now and she is just fantasizing about being the owner.

I don't think I would want to work for someone who was 19 and still wrote things like "annoying as gently caress", also wtf does her height have to do with anything.

venus de lmao
Apr 30, 2007

Call me "pixeltits"

Trebek posted:

I don't think I would want to work for someone who was 19 and still wrote things like "annoying as gently caress", also wtf does her height have to do with anything.

Lots of men do not take women seriously in positions of authority, particularly young and/or physically small women.

It's plausible (even likely) that some dudebro salesman was a smug dick to a lady entrepreneur, but why do these dialogues always sound so stilted? They don't even sound "movie fake", they sound "alien poorly emulating hu-mon communication" fake.

GOTTA STAY FAI
Mar 24, 2005

~no glitter in the gutter~
~no twilight galaxy~
College Slice

Winter Stormer posted:

Not that this happened, but whether you're the front desk staff or the company owner, you can see these sleazeballs coming a mile away. You just shut them down and tell them to go away; you don't stand there berating them for mistaking you for a receptionist. Especially if they don't immediately identify themselves and then refuse to do so when asked.

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

moerketid posted:

A Real Letter

were the roving racist gangs across this country all waiting for the election results to start their harassment? was everyone just gonna go back to posting awful facebook memes for another 4 years if hillary won?

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

No you see, Trump flipped the racist sleeper cell switch and all the prejudicial thoughts of Trump voters were activated into full-blown, overt KKK-style racism and racism simply didn't exist until Trump gave it permission!

Either that or Trump's election actually just activated the whiner switch and none of these people are actually getting harassed any more than they were before, just whining about it more now

BobbyK
Jun 4, 2008

by Cyrano4747
So just those two options?

Decrepus
May 21, 2008

In the end, his dominion did not touch a single poster.

Trebek posted:

Sorry for the phone grab

Actually, this happend to my friend.

AlbieQuirky
Oct 9, 2012

Just me and my 🌊dragon🐉 hanging out

life is killing me posted:

No you see, Trump flipped the racist sleeper cell switch and all the prejudicial thoughts of Trump voters were activated into full-blown, overt KKK-style racism and racism simply didn't exist until Trump gave it permission!

Either that or Trump's election actually just activated the whiner switch and none of these people are actually getting harassed any more than they were before, just whining about it more now

I don't think people reporting harassment are "whining" but you do you. Anyway, that's for the shit_that_actually_did_happen.txt thread, as opposed to the dumb letter, which is either a hoax by someone who wants to make Trump supporters look bad, or a hoax by someone who doesn't like a lady who wears hijab and wants her to think that evil Trump supporters are out to get her. Probably #1 but I know some teens who would pull #2, so.

ElGroucho
Nov 1, 2005

We already - What about sticking our middle fingers up... That was insane
Fun Shoe
I'm not sure being a 19 year old trust fund "entrepreneur" is anything to show off

This sounds like stdh/humblebrag

life is killing me
Oct 28, 2007

AlbieQuirky posted:

I don't think people reporting harassment are "whining" but you do you. Anyway, that's for the shit_that_actually_did_happen.txt thread, as opposed to the dumb letter, which is either a hoax by someone who wants to make Trump supporters look bad, or a hoax by someone who doesn't like a lady who wears hijab and wants her to think that evil Trump supporters are out to get her. Probably #1 but I know some teens who would pull #2, so.

I'm not even trying to say that people talking about actual harassment are whining; just people who post poo poo that didn't happen because they don't like Trump, because clearly Trump brought out all the racists and they didn't exist before apparently. That's specifically what I mean.

BrigadierSensible
Feb 16, 2012

I've got a pocket full of cheese🧀, and a garden full of trees🌴.

On the Childfree people.

They are always whining about spoiled children, and neglectful/indulgent parents, but they also seem to me to be the kind of narcissistic entitled arseholes who, if they did have kids, would believe that their superduper special angel was always in the right, and it was the fault of the supermarket that little Kayleigh was running around ripping up packets and screaming. Why can't you squares and killjoys just appreciate the wonderful free artistic spirit she is? Not now sweetie, mommy is complaining to the manager about the lack of childcare availlable.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

goose willis
Jun 14, 2015

Get ready for teh wacky laughz0r!