Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

D1E posted:

Poor Radium gets a lot of poo poo for his coding, but here we are like a decade later still successfully posting and quoting and moderating and forum cancering and whatnot.

I think, in the end, Lowtax's greatest mistake will be proven to have been appointing a demonstrably mentally-unstable self-proclaimed "Internet Warlord" to moderate a subforum full of OCD sperg goon nerds.

:chloe:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Ayn Marx
Dec 21, 2012

Lol what! Derek being moderator generated traffic, amusement and Internet stupidity, the three pillars of SomethingAwful. Win-win for Richard K!!

a messed up horse
Mar 11, 2014

by Nyc_Tattoo

D1E posted:

Poor Radium gets a lot of poo poo for his coding, but here we are like a decade later still successfully posting and quoting and moderating and forum cancering and whatnot.

I think, in the end, Lowtax's greatest mistake will be proven to have been appointing a demonstrably mentally-unstable self-proclaimed "Internet Warlord" to moderate a subforum full of OCD sperg goon nerds.

his greatest mistake was crossing an internet warlord

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Generation Internet posted:

actually a lot of people said it was good when derek did it to deloria and got mad he was banned for it

Yup. I will own the gently caress out of doing just that. Now, back to what I was saying about the gently caress all lazy alien concepts. What artist is going to look at that utter poo poo and think to themselves "I did a damned good job on this and I am putting this to the FRONT of my portfolio"?

Wuxi
Apr 3, 2012

Daztek posted:

Hi, how was your thanksgiving

gently caress you

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Decrepus posted:

Does 1 thread really need 2 full-time administrators? I mean on the ED forum and not this forum obviously.

I like it. It's like one of those cutting edge tv comedies with 2 roomates that have to dress in drag to be able to live in their apartment complex.

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

MeLKoR posted:

All this subversion money and Lowtax can't put some of it to fix the forums. We aren't so different from the whales. :smith:

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Wuxi posted:

gently caress you

orcinus
Feb 25, 2016

Fun Shoe

ScionoicS recently discovered r/iamverysmart and is using it as a sickburnyo on every post he does.
He also discovered that concatenating a random word with its mirror image results in a palindrome and probably thinks it's very smart.

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Tippis posted:

Especially with some basil, garlic, and a splash of red whine.
Although I might be confusing it with something else.

Minimalist Program
Aug 14, 2010

D_Smart posted:

No, you stuck around because you wanted to help poo poo up the forum. You appointed Beer and Beet - without even ASKING them. And you did that because, by your very own submission at the time, they are respected thread regulars, who know the thread, the posters etc. So why would you need to stick around to "make sure the new mods transitioned in"? That's pure and utter bullshit. Not to mention that little issue about you appointing a IK on top of all that "trust". You already saw the fallout from that one. Yet, here you are.

Just leave. You won't be missed; and nobody is going to throw you a party or even think twice about you ever being here; other than you making GBS threads up our forum. In less than a week, you've completed hosed up a perfectly good sub-forum.

ps: I am writing a new blog doxxing (per your hilarious definition) post in which I have excerpted your comment about "never backing Star Citizen". I asked you a question related to that earlier, care to comment? ktnx bye.

Bitch it doesn't take a real doctor to see that you're a powerfully autistic man and guess what, my phd is real haha.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

that an alien race would be psychologically human.

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

People are getting probated for making GBS threads up the thread, refusing a mod challenge, and then continuing to poo poo up the thread.

They're also getting probated for not moving on and talking about something else. Like Star Citizen.

so then why haven't you issued a mod challenge to derek?

Stay Safe
Sep 1, 2008

by FactsAreUseless

Beer4TheBeerGod posted:

People are getting probated for making GBS threads up the thread, refusing a mod challenge, and then continuing to poo poo up the thread.

They're also getting probated for not moving on and talking about something else. Like Star Citizen.

hello. I hope you are having a light-hearted, emotionally balanced posting day during your star citizen discussions. Also: consider giving your relatives and loved ones a call. perhaps make some star citizen cookies for them as well to show that you care about them

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Google Butt posted:

so then why haven't you issued a mod challenge to derek?
MP could have really used your help last night where were you?

Dementropy
Aug 23, 2010

orcinus posted:

ScionoicS recently discovered r/iamverysmart and is using it as a sickburnyo on every post he does.
He also discovered that concatenating a random word with its mirror image results in a palindrome and probably thinks it's very smart.

Very clever indeed. Except for the palindrome part (because that, y'know involves using actual words) and the sick burns.

big nipples big life
May 12, 2014

This is the best av, no contest

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003
Beer realized that the thread was dying and so he probated Arf knowing that hundreds of people from FYAD would rush to his defense and replace Derek's mental illness with their own.

Well done.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

Xenology is an unnatural mixture of science fiction and formal logic. At its core is a flawed assumption...

thatguy posted:

?

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

DapperDon
Sep 7, 2016

Minimalist Program posted:

Bitch it doesn't take a real doctor to see that you're a powerfully autistic man and guess what, my phd is real haha.

Well everyone have a look at Mr. Fancypants Real Phd over here. And even with that, here you are with the rest of us. It looks like that thing took you real far. Your mom must be proud.

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

thatguy posted:

ok

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Google Butt
Oct 4, 2005

you are mentally unwell

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo

Google Butt posted:

you are mentally unwell

it's funny because it's true

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

I've begun work on my cookie recipe for the mod challenge. As soon as I reach the crowdfunding goal of 200.00$ USD, recipe 1.0 pre-alpha will be available for viewing by platinum cookie members only. Be sure to purchase cookie bonds immediately so that recipe 1.1 won't lag far behind. Christmas seems like a pipe dream by this point but with the way cookie bond purchases have been going so far, recipe 1.0 will probably be rolled out by the end of may, AT THE LATEST.

tooterfish
Jul 13, 2013

Google Butt posted:

you are mentally unwell
Imagine how the cat feels.

DogonCrook
Apr 24, 2016

I think my 20 years as hurricane chaser might be a little relevant ive been through more hurricanws than moat shiitty newscasters
Star citizen thread: This is what happens when you touch the poop.

To be fair I finally joined sa because yall touched the poop, but if anybody talks poo poo about my bad posting I'm just gonna blame it on your inability to not touch the poop.

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
gently caress me but I'm in the cookie contest, I've got a couple fidelitous ideas :mrgw:

MeLKoR
Dec 23, 2004

by FactsAreUseless

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I've begun work on my cookie recipe for the mod challenge. As soon as I reach the crowdfunding goal of 200.00$ USD, recipe 1.0 pre-alpha will be available for viewing by platinum cookie members only. Be sure to purchase cookie bonds immediately so that recipe 1.1 won't lag far behind. Christmas seems like a pipe dream by this point but with the way cookie bond purchases have been going so far, recipe 1.0 will probably be rolled out by the end of may, AT THE LATEST.

I have nothing but admiration for your past performance as a Cookie Developer so I'm pledging for a couple more boxes. Please keep the schedule updated if you can but not if you're busy mixing the dough or anything. I just wanted to say how glad I am to be allowed to be part of this project and that I never doubted you for a second. Keep doing what you're doing.

Tippis
Mar 21, 2008

It's yet another day in the wasteland.

Imagine if SC had that kind of disclaimer.

“Prepare your account for the release of the game. Note: no guarantee that you or your account will be prepared or that the game will be released. Also, ffs, keep kids away from the game — who knows what will happen.”

Tippis fucked around with this message at 20:05 on Nov 27, 2016

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

MeLKoR posted:

I have nothing but admiration for your past performance as a Cookie Developer so I'm pledging for a couple more boxes. Please keep the schedule updated if you can but not if you're busy mixing the dough or anything. I just wanted to say how glad I am to be allowed to be part of this project and that I never doubted you for a second. Keep doing what you're doing.

I realize that the 200.00$ USD crowdfunding goal seems steep to most people, but I can assure you that on my cookie baking team I've got the best and brightest cookie bakers available today, and they all wanted me to assure you that these cookies will not just be the best cookies anyone has ever seen, but that these cookies will undoubtedly go down as the greatest cookies of all time, and that record will never, ever, be broken.

Beet Wagon
Oct 19, 2015

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

gently caress me but I'm in the cookie contest, I've got a couple fidelitous ideas :mrgw:

So you officially accept the mod challenge, then?

hottubrhymemachine
May 24, 2006

Connie is death process

reddit posted:

After a few beers, Lost all control... Put about $4500+ on my card; Somehow ended up with 5 separate accounts:
Account-1 Primary Subscriber account:

[SHIPS] Origin 85X 890 Jump Aegis Saber Comet Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet Misc Freelancer DUR Misc Prospector Drake Dragonfly Yellow Drake Dragonfly Black MISC Reliant Kore Drake Caterpillar RSI Constellation Aquila Greycat PTV Argo Cargo Argo Passenger MISC Starfarer Banu Merchantman Xian Khartu-Al Anvil Terrapin Anvil Carrack Drake Herald Genesis Starliner MISC HULL-C RSI Polaris Idris-P Frigate
Account-2

[SHIPS] Anvil F7C-M Super Hornet Drake Cutlass Black Drake Dragonfly Black
Account-3

[SHIPS] Sabre Comet Drake Cutlass Black Drake Dragonfly Black
Account-4

[SHIPS] Mustang Alpha +Multiple free upgrade CCUs
Account-5

[SHIPS] Mustang Alpha +Multiple free upgrade CCUs
Beer and RSI = Dangerous: Help me.....

same guy posted:

Every time I'm looking forward to spend a big amount, I always say to myself ...."It's for a good cause!"
The best of it is that it's true! :D

Tijuana Bibliophile
Dec 30, 2008

Scratchmo
Somewhat puzzlingly, it showed up on Amazon when I searched for "educational toys" :shrug:

Beet Wagon posted:

So you officially accept the mod challenge, then?

I don't think I, nor any of us, will manage twelve recipes but yeah I'm in

thatguy
Feb 5, 2003

Matoi Ryuko posted:

I will only back you if you can guarantee that your ingredients list is IRONCLAD.

LCL-Dead
Apr 22, 2014

Grimey Drawer

I laughed a little.

Beer4TheBeerGod
Aug 23, 2004
Exciting Lemon

Tijuana Bibliophile posted:

Woo!

dionysian
Dec 30, 2012

people shouldn't doxx, and they shouldn't have to bake cookies for saying that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

Matoi Ryuko
Jan 6, 2004

thatguy posted:

I will only back you if you can guarantee that your ingredients list is IRONCLAD.

If you're looking for assurance that the cookie ingredient list is ironclad, then you've got to look no further than the other cookie baking competitors that have dropped out of competition while we've been keepin' on keepin' on.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Generation Internet
Jan 18, 2009

Where angels and generals fear to tread.

dionysian posted:

people shouldn't doxx, and they shouldn't have to bake cookies for saying that

(USER WAS PUT ON PROBATION FOR THIS POST)

No, you see, talking about how doxxing is bad and this thread gets weird about it is making GBS threads up this monument to good posting and preventing us from talking about important Star Citizen related topics such as:

• Locked thread